Drugs and alcohol addiction redpills

You ever been addicted to alcohol and/or drugs, Sup Forums? Got any messages, stories or redpills to share about them? I guess the obvious redpill is "don't get addicted" but it's interesting to hear how people came about that conclusion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise#Addiction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frankly I wouldn't take back the 4-6 blurry years of my youth I spent tripping my balls off...assuming you have the ability to do it without perma fucking yourself and the folks around you of course. Play with your brain, it's fun.

Alcohol damn near ruined me. I thank God every day that I'm no longer enslaved to it

Use to drink 8 to 12 beers a night back when I was married. Now I'm happily divorces and soberish

Tried and failed at AA, then looked into Bill W's views on LSD. Still smoke pot, but at least now I'm not going to drink myself to death.

Good for you leafbro

I can only sleep if I drink myself unconscious.

I've had 5 beers already tonight; going for a full 12 pack before I hit the hay.

I used to drink 12-18 beers on a nightly basis. This is moderate compared to some alcoholics - some drink a liter or more of liquor per night. I kicked the habit by tapering without medical supervision... if you go cold turkey, please tell your doctor what you're doing. People die from alcohol withdrawal all the time. Even at the amount I was drinking, if I abruptly stopped without tapering I could've easily had a seizure or worse. Even with tapering, the withdrawal was very unpleasant.

Anyway, lifting weights and working out helped me quit. Eventually I realized all the drinking meant I wouldn't make any progress in the gym, so I chose to give up the drinking.

One more thing - don't mess around with alcohol addiction. It can creep up on you very quickly. Delirium tremens is the absolute worst

10 years cooking meth.
>moment of absolute clarity.
2 years clean.

Was the money good? How much meth were you blasting every day?

Ritalin then adderall then Cocaine then Crystal. Only snorted. Never lost my job never arrested. Got to the point I couldn't do it anymore when I could tell appearance was finally being degraded. Stopped by getting in the gym and doing steroids. Way healthier.

Never done drugs. Only rarely do I drink alcohol. But I know I'm an addict, and I start far away from all of it. Addiction on both sides of my family, and it's almost universally present two-three generations back.
The struggle of addiction is something I understand in my bones despite never having a drug addiction myself. I'm a carb fiend, can eat without enjoyment or realizing that I'm eating or WHY I'm still eating. I'm OCD and can get sucked into any activity, constructive or not, easily. So I get it. I respect nobody more than I respect a recovering addict.
Alcohol and other party favors are killing my father slowly. But there's no hope for him. He's an aging narcissist.

The money will never be worth all I had to do to get it and left me with nothing.
Not a everyday racket.

It's Escapism. People have a difficult time overcoming their mental addiction to some activity which takes them out of reality, be it pot, alcohol or viddya. The addiction seems stronger than it is, and many people fail in defeating their own thoughts. The key is to realize what you're doing is escaping a reality you loathe but aren't sure how to fix. Start thinking of ways you can fix your life and the lives of others. Write down your ideas, and then choose one to follow through with. Start living a life that reflects your goal, rather than making your goal to simply live life.

> Stopped by getting in the gym and doing steroids. Way healthier.
If this isn't a joke, you're fucked long term. The steroids will ruin your body, and if you're an actual addict you'll slip back into even more dangerous addictions eventually. You're fooling yourself that you're out of the woods.

Nah I'm done with speed and alcohol. Done with getting fucked up

You get old enough and you realize drugs and excessive drinking make you degenerate nigger shit. If you have any self respect and pride you get over it and begin condemning those still in the lifestyle

>33
>White
>Male
>Used drugs during ages 13-27

Exercise is actually really relevant for anyone who's been hooked on stims, whether it be caffeine or crystal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise#Addiction

Aerobic exercise greatly upregulates the D2 receptor, which is essentially responsibility for every positive and addictive effect of a psychostimulant.

If you're really badly addicted to a psychostimulant and are plausibly treating an actual mental problem with it(say ADHD), then modafinil is a wonderful replacement. It's not very addictive, and it's effects on work output and general feelings for life are pretty amazing.

Me too but it's only been this way for like 3 months so far. I can still sleep if I get really baked though so whatever. I know I have to stop.

This is good advice.

I'm an alcoholic and drug addict, now I go to NA and AA because I was powerless and couldn't quit on my own.

If you have an inability to moderate your use, get help before it's too late.

I'm a faggot please rape my face

I took xanax daily for 8 years, and opiates for 5. I suffer from insurmountable social anxiety and depression, and they only thing that stops it is being high.

I am 2.5 years clean as of now, and let me tell you it is a massive bitch to stop. It isn't just the being sick for a week when you cant get your dope, its that plus the mental stuff which can last for 6 months+.

Nothing is enjoyable, you will never be comfortable again, and nothing matters. Do not takes opiates unless you've just had surgery or something

Opiates are nothing compared to benzos/alcohol.

The PAWS from opiates might make you a whiny cunt, but the PAWS from benzos and alcohol literally turns you into a shaky Parkisonian fuck with a hell of a lot more brain damage than you started out with.

I had zero issues with the xanax when I stopped cold turkey and my ex wife an I took handfuls of it for years

Consider yourself and your ex wife exceptionally lucky.

Daily use of benzos doesn't usually end well.

:)

I drank 6-9 pints a day for a few years now, was drinking a lot before that, but less consistently I suppose

>drink 9 pints one night
>wake up with a light pain on my upper right abdominal region
>google
>its either muscle strain, fatty liver or cirrosis
>quit drinking for a week
>decide it was just a strain and start drinking again, but only a pint or two a night
>week passes again, and I drank six pints one night
>wake up with pain in side but 10x worse
>couldn't bend over without feeling like my insides were being pressed on and twisted
>quit alcohol for good
>pain stopped after a week
>no pain since
>43 days alcohol free
>too scared and ashamed to go to doctor to get checked out

At least I feel better, now all I need to do is get the soda jew off my back and lose weight

I have had just about every person involved in my treatment tell me that. Dr's said it was something about us metabolizing it differently then most people. Turned into a perfect storm of having a limitless supply for stupid cheap and both of us being able to take enough to knock out an elephant and still stay standing.

I want to say those were the worst years of my life and were wasted, but its also the only time I could interact with people without freaking out or being super depressed

The liver shit goes away pretty fast. It's a self repairing organ.

What's more likely is some gallbladder problem like stones. They're going to want to chop it out of you for the sole purpose of making money, and I would highly advise against it. Just let them pass, the ones caused by alcohol(and some fats, which alcohol is basically the cause of), break up pretty easy.

My guess is you exercise unusually hard and/or for remarkably long periods of time. You've replaced your other highs with steroids and the endorphin rush after exercise.
Good for you dropping alcohol and speed, but your addiction is not done with you. You'll see, unfortunately.

While benzo and alcohol wd's are certainly more dangerous, opiate abuse causes permanent physical damage to your body and permanently damages the opiate receptors in your body, leaving you unable to properly cope with pain. You will always crave.

You're right sadly. I was in the same boat.
Don't fall for it.

Stick to juice.

took a dishonorable discharge, a couple jail trips, rehab and a prison trip to stop doing drugs. now the thought of such degeneracy makes me absolutely sick.
don't do heroin boys.

I cycle between booze and weed

The best way to get over addiction is COMPLETE LIFE STYLE CHANGE. You became addicted because you had a shit life. Happy mice don't get addicted to cocaine.

That is why the only people who don't relapse are the ones who find a religion. The religion means, new friends, new activities, community love, all sorts of stuff and actually works.

Find something like that. Preferably not a community that is manipulative but an actual positive religious community.

DD'd for drugs? Explain user

Yes.

Started weed and drinking at 13. Stopped at 20.
Relapsed at 28 on Adderall and moved to meth. Rehab at 31. Now 34.
I have depression and some manic attributes, and I found meds which help.
To stop your have to hit rock bottom and want to live after. I did meetings at first were very helpful but now they are so so. Exercise is key.
I am highly educated and intelligent but it doesn't mean shit if you are just another tweaker.
AMA

Oh yeah that came up too when I googled about the pain
Still, don't want to touch alcohol again. I was really spooked the second time the pain came about, idk why I let it get so bad even though I've seen what drinking will do to people

I smoke cigs to help deal with childhood trauma. I was raped. I don't think I will ever become an alcoholic or a serious drug addict because of my pride.

You are lucky.

Meth has left me with shitty energy levels and in have probably lost 5 to 10 IQ points... 3 years later.

i don't drink as much as i used to or nearly as much as a lot of other people but i have a pretty unhealthy relationship with alcohol. i don't get drunk and break shit or ruin relationships or get in trouble anymore but my entire weekends are basically spent drinking or hungover and i never catch a minute of sleep on sunday night due to blacking out both weekend nights which aggravates my already significant sleep deficit. feel dumb as shit too, my memory is garbage now. want to go back to community college and try to learn something computer related but i don't know if i'm smart enough anymore, it's pointless to even bother unless i can easily get a 4.0 for 2 years to make up for my lack of social skills or meaningful work experience.

At one point or another I have been addicted to benzodiazepines, synthetic weed and Heroin
The synthetic weed was actually as bad to come off of as H and on H I watched my friend overdose and she would have died if I didn't drive her unconscious body to the hospital well I was doped up
The benzos are a blur but that's par for the course with them

Occasionally smoked with my friend who sold pot back in highschool. Was a functional alcoholic at the time, then ditched it for pot (5 years alcohol free by the way) afterwards I quit pot almost right after because it got boring

drunk as a motherfucker and took 3 10mg of hydrocodone just tonight. opiates are a bitch dont ever do them Sup Forums

Your last line was incredibly poignant user, thank you

I am currently 6 days sober after drinking for 11 years everyday. It sucks.

This is the worst you will feel physically. It is worth it.

>Got any messages, stories or redpills to share about them?
This isn't specifically about drugs and alcohol, but rather about the so called "degeneracy" that Sup Forumstards like to rally against.

First let me start off with why degeneracy is bad because a lot of you are going to jump ahead and assume that I'm totally okay with 10 guys fucking me in the ass. Degenerate behavior isn't wrong because God says so. It's not wrong because the government says so. It's wrong because nature is biased against it. Wanton sex gets you STDs. Constant drug use fucks up your body. It's not wrong "because god says", it's wrong because it makes you weak, and many weak people make up a weak society.

Now what exactly is degeneracy? No behavior is inherently degenerate. I don't care what Nietzsche says; there's nothing wrong with having a drink, and there's nothing even wrong with becoming drunk. An act only becomes degeneracy when you become a slave to it. Don't think that 12 hours of videogames is any better than the Chads and Stacys you hate for getting all the drugs and sex they want. They're equivalent. Both of you are slaves who can't act according to their own free will. Both are trapped by certain indulgences that they can't break away from. Be it food, Sup Forums, games, or cigarettes, certain activities will make one into a slave when done to excess. If you indenture yourself, you probably deserve whatever shitty hand life deals you, and you won't have the willpower to make it out.

Basically: Anything is degeneracy. Don't be a faggot and exercise moderation or you'll be no better than everything you hate.

Shot up speed for three months til I scrambled my brain and heart one time on a bad one. Obvious choice was to stop.

2 days here user glad I found this thread, not drinking is why I'm awake right now would've passed out a long time ago. We'll make it bro.

>3 10mg hydrocodone
>feeling ANYTHING from that
you haven't even crossed the threshold of the rabbit hole, user.
quit while the darkness hasn't engulfed you.

i used to drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney. Quit when I was 29.

Now i'm 30 years old and have liver problems, kidney problems and hypertension.

I wish I wasn't such a fucking wanker.

i've been clean from heroin since my prison time, but i smoke a pack a day and a shit ton of weed. like a shit ton.
working on cutting out both but man i have a lot on my conscious, that combined with the red pill is hard to bear. the weed and cigs alone isn't even satisfying honestly, it's just the act of doing it consuming my time that keeps me from true relief.

im trying mate. i just started taking them 2 months ago. Hopefully this is my last time. I dont want to be a low life junkie pos my whole life.

been hooked klonopin for years

pretty sure I have brain damage at this point and I want to die

very late reply, sorry. but it was actually a bad conduct, and for "disobeying a lawful order", order being "do not consume or possess mood altering substances", since the drugs i had were unscheduled research chemicals (mxe to be specific)

at what dosage? your brain should be good man but getting off is a long hard bitch and you have to have a smooth taper.

I've overdosed on fentanyl three times in the past month. 2 weeks sober.

when i was doing heroin, 30mg of hydrocodone wouldn't even stop my restless legs from withdrawal.
the shit will ruin you, man. the thing about opiates is, they make your life REALLY awesome. until one day all too soon it suddenly isn't.

Physical addiction is a myth. Don't be weak.

This tbqh. It's a long road before you hit rock bottom and only when you've got nobody but yourself to count on you'll realize something has to change. Don't fool yourself into think it can get anything but worse, every time you dose is doing nothing but putting off ripping the band-aid and being done with it.

Whenever I drink, and I mean every single time, I piss my pants in my sleep. It's causing me to lose friends, because I'm being an asshole and pissing on their couch that they offered for me to crash on. I don't know how to moderate my fluid intake and I don't know if I even enjoy getting drunk anymore. I just don't want to give up my social life.

Dude...

don't use opiates

i used them for serious life threatening injuries, was put on pain management.

the more you take, the more you need, and eventually the pain comes back no matter how much you take. so you use a little more than you should, to get relief because the doctors are scared to script the appropriate amount for a huge tolerance because the are scared of the government.

then you run out early and withdraw, literally making you wish you were dead for about a week, or until you refill.

all because these drugs have been demonized for use by anyone, even those who are terminally ill and need them.

Do not do even a little bit of meth. The habit forms very quickly and insidiously. Almost cost me everything.

more like every time you do a dose the adhesive on that bandaid you have to rip off gets stronger.

I was an opiate junky for 2 years.

Don't fucking do pills. Don't do cocaine. It isn't cool, it isn't worth the money, and it is playing with fire.

When I consider the fact that I have a clean criminal record it is a miracle, and I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean that there is no explanation for my lack of prison time short of divine intervention.

Couldn't have put it better myself user

I know user, I know. I'm lucky to be alive, obviously I'm here for something.

The ultimate red pill is suboxone. Get on it, fag

lol. you're still a drug addict on suboxone.

Doc prescribed me klonopin, I tried it two times, it made me feel incredibly content and apathetic.It was actually scary how well it worked for my anxiety. Probably never touching benzos again though...

The worst thing that can possibly happen when you try a new drug is that you'll enjoy it... a lot. The more you enjoy it, the worse it is because you'll want it that much more. If you don't have really good self control about those kind of things you'll see your life gradually go down the shitter.

i drink every day
i nfacjt i am very drunk righ now, m y advice to you, drink in moderation, do not g4go overboard so yo uhave to drink so you wouldnt get withcdrawal every single day

Message to past self:

>The drugs are worth it. Just find a way to do them without jeopardizing your health or sanity.

Well at least it's safe and legal.

Last year I smoked weed heavily every day and took psychedelics occasionally.
I have a feeling the pot made me more stupid but I was pretty retarded to begin with.
LSD is wonderful and never caused me any problems but I was always careful with it.

Abused marijuana and psychedelics first, moved up to oxy and heroin or a half decade with stints sober. Never been caught but have thousands in debt and really screwed myself up because of those years. On mood stabilizers due to drug induced psychosis. I really screwed myself up and you don't realize it till you are sober for sometime, life would be totally different had I never been addicted to drugs. I started using again about 6 months ago, oc because I was depressed in what my life has become, I use once a week as I am much smarter about my use and no needles either, but drugs will mess you up over time.

Altered mental states are a waste of money and time. Read a book or do push ups instead.

Dont, I was on xanax for 11 years for anxiety. My body became dependent on it and it basically stopped working making my anxiety MUCH worse. It was hell to come off of, but I had a family doctor do it and ive basically been anxiety free since. Also had a really good doc tell me that xanax and Klonopin are "dirty benzos" having the shortest half life of all of them making them extremely addictive even while taking them as prescribed.

Trying to quit weed. Already quit booze . I made it 4 months off booze but only 2 months off weed and not having weed makes me feel seriously depressed and have zero motivation to care about anything or stay interested in anything or find anything funny. I smoked again after 2 months of hell and immediately everything seems such cases much more easy going , light hearted and enjoyable, but I really want to enjoy life like this without drugs.

Are you retarded? Smoke crack once, you won't worry about the weed anymore.

Great advice senpai.

Did you care about things before smoking? Why did you start in the first place?

18y of age, for the past year abused nearly every party drug. Been clean for a month and I feel like a shadow to my former self, have this brain fog that's always their that's stopping me thinking. Can't even go out and drink because the feeling won't ever be as good as being high.

Don't ever touch drugs

Plenty of drugs are good for you: moderation is key.

Avoid opioids and alcohol.

Buy some salvia online. Smoke it in the bathroom at the mall. Profit.

Yea I did. Weed basically now puts me in the mind state I had before using pot and alcohol heavily . Which is good spirited and a generally positive outlook. When i'm completely sober now I'm very cynical and negative. I also sleep like shit and am generally uncomfortable. It's like I can feel like lack of serotonin and
dopamine. I have ready 6 months completely sober with regular excersize and proper diet is what it takes
For a lot of life long addicts so I'm
probly gonna try that and if it doesn't work then just settle with the fact I will need drugs to be happy for the rest of my life. I started because it made music movies games sex and food 10x more awesome , all of which I already really enjoyed without weed

Maybe I can't relate because I started at point A, quit, and then ended up at point A again. I'm not saying it was a good use of time and resources, but I don't feel addicted or more depressed afterword. Things seem just as shitty as before.

Used to be a daily weed smoker.

This shit is worse than heroine. At least heroine addicts eventually die or hit rock bottom. Weed smokers spend their entire lives in a haze.

I still enjoy the occasional psychedelic, namely shrooms. I used to do coke on the weekends, it was hard not to when 95% of the people around you, and all your buddies, were doing it. However, I quit that shit once I felt like I was having a heart-attack. Scared me half to death.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel addicted a few days after using. Then my buddy would call me up on the weekend and we would start all over again.

2 months of not smoking and you still feel like that?

You might have a deeper problem, man.

I've tried really hard to get addicted to oxycotins and alcohol. I just can't do it. I find something romantic about the idea of just sitting around naked an intoxicated loser all day. I just don't have the stomach for it and the hangovers are too strong.

Maybe. I smoked pretty much daily for 15 years though (13-27) only started getting panic attacks when I started drinking every day for a few years , which was after doing oxy for a year

same here, I picked up lifting afterward. I had to detox with medical attention. I wasn't able to taper myself off. I was drinking a little bit more though.

A clear warning signal to me is if you really really enjoy the buzz it gives you the first times you try. I found peace of mind first time I drank alcohol at around age 12. I was acting out alot as a kid, and in my teens, but I didn't understand why really.
Experienced some sexual abuse as a little kid, for a year or so when I was 5-6 yrs old. Never dealt with those experiences, which I connect to my difficulties in my teens, which mostly revolved around sexual identity and such. Those childhood experiences was always right beneath the surface and whenever sexuality or my childhood came to mind it was followed by terrible angst that I never coped with.
Drugs helped alot with that, be it alcohol or narcotics.
I knew I was an addict when I was 16-17 yrs old, told the people around me, but I was happy with it that way, because it helped me deal with my emotions.
But it didn't work in the long run (of course).
Got clean for the first time in my early twenties with the help of NA, and in doing the 12 steps I first met my childhood memories as an adult, and really forced myself to look at them, write about them, talk about it.
It really was the turning point.
I'm still an addict at heart, I really like the drugs, and they love me. But I know it will kill me and it's not fun anymore, I know it's just a way of slowly killing myself.
Had a few streches with 2 yrs+ clean, and a few relapses that lasted as long. But I've never been back to the hell I was in in my early twenties.
Now I'm 30+ and finishing my law degree. I have great hopes for my life and I own my past, I can look at what I've been through without anxiety welling up and I can deal with my emotions in a healthy manner (by talking).
The hardest part with becoming clean after such a long period on drugs and alcohol, is the identity-crisis that arises, who am I when I don't do drugs?
It's not easy reinventing oneself in that manner, and the way out of being clean is never more than a heartbeat away.

My 20's revolved 100% around drugs, mainly painkillers, but I would do nearly anything I could get my hands on. The worst withdrawals were from Methadone and xanax. Seriously the darkest time of my life. 3 years clean from pills, 1.5 years from weed. Feels good man, wish I quit earlier. Like has been stated, the key is a complete lifestyle change...delete every drug related friend from your life or you will most likely end up relapsing.

Severe depression is actually pretty common when heavy marijuana smokers stop.