Pagan General /pg/

Come home to the gods of your ancestors, White man!

1 Asatru FAQ - asatrufolkassembly.org/faq/
2 Asatru Holidays - asatru.org/holidays.php
3 The Poetic Edda - sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/
4 The Prose Edda - sacred-texts.com/neu/pre/
5 Tacitus' Germania - ourdecline.com/smartboard/shop/tacitusc/germa ny/chap1.htm
6 Grimm's Germanic Mythology - archive.org/details/teutonicmytholo04gr im
7 Heimskringla - gutenberg.org/ebooks/598?msg=welcome_stranger

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/L43iNRyf
youtube.com/watch?v=YZhf-AcnIyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AESTHETIC

Why believe the superstitions of your ancestors when Western philosophy has defended a monotheistic God (the One, First Mover, etc.) as a logical axiom of existence since Plato?

Why think holiness comes from the middle east?

are you guys only pagans because muh ancestors?

>not worshipping Cernunnos

If we weren't pagan because of our people then we would be just like wiccans or witches or whoever else. Asatru is a religion of the blood.

That's a loaded question because you'll just use it negatively no matter which way you answer.

I was unaware that Plato was middle eastern. Augustine and Aquinas too?

what blood do the asatru pagans have? is it germanic? and/or is it something you are born into?

The cultural aspects are genuinely better.

Look at Christmas. I only enjoy the Yule aspects woven into it. What about you?

Also, pagans worshipped something visible; the world around them, especially nature (also rotating of the sun was important to them, they celebrate the longest day because it means light will return. They were realistic and focussed on the here and now, not on some heaven they get promised if they're being good goyim. How many land and wealth has been robbed through the ages in the name of Christianity?

Christians have been conditioned to die for their overlords because it promises them heaven. Pagan whorshipped life, and death was really hard on them.

The Christian willingness to die for nothing is what eventually led to them winning, though.

What was the religion of the ancient Scots anyway?

>haha plato was greek therefore fucking jerusalem and all that is white now xd

>what blood do the asatru pagans have? is it germanic?
Yes.

how much germanic blood would you need to have? over 50%?

You would need to be white. Go look in a mirror if you're concerned about this.

I'm non-Abrahamic, but monotheism is at least stands up to philosophical scrutiny. Can you say the same about fucking Odin?

What's so great about not being able to take criticism? the truth fears no investigators, right?

>Muh Sun worship

Get deep enough into symbolism & you'll realize they all are based on the same shit. The Sun creates light & the moon reflects it... Jesus is the light of the world you say? Oh wow, that must be completely different

It really is different though. You're personifying all these things into one god while the people you're evangelizing to separated them.

im white, is there proof that paganism is the correct religion though?

Look up Rene Giroud. Christainty transcends mythology

Is he another Christian apologists that has finally claimed time travelling demons in face of the evidence?

Why would you knowinly follow a false religion? Anyways med gods are much cooler and more interesting.

>turns into a chick
>it's still gay tho

>seeing value in anything from Plato
Every time I come across someone doing good and careful work sweeping away broken and erroneous ideas, it's PLATO getting destroyed and discarded.

>is there proof that paganism is the correct religion though?

The proof is that it's still here and white people are still here for now. Paganism is a religion of the blood and when whites are gone Asatru or whatever you want to call it will be as well. Christianity will still be around after we're extinct. That's proof enough imo.

It is a mistake to conflate the political aspects and the universal spiritual basis they're based on.

People are wrong all the time. Most modern Christians would be branded blind by Jesus himself (see related healing of the blind man story).

Jesus telling people to "make thine eye single" isn't a mere suggestion & Odin didn't have one eye for no reason.

>all of these dumb shitposts

I'm not a pagan but is it really necessary to shit up their threads?

>It is a mistake to conflate the political aspects and the universal spiritual basis they're based on.
This was a spiritual thing and Christians themselves argued over it for a hundred or so years.

Exactly, so why do you think that Odin is philosophically tenable? A monotheistic God has a rich western tradition stretching from the the first great Western civilization of the Greeks, a part of their long before 'fucking Jerusalem," and has only begun to wane in recent centuries. The west's first great philosophers recognized that above the various Hellenic gods was a first mover, a being of infinite existence and a logical axiom for existence at all. What philosophers defend pagan Gods from an ontological standpoint and why?

>(((greenberg)))
its jidf, they are citing (((greenberg))) as a source, lmao.

I dunno. Paganism seems cool and all but it seems too silly to actually believe. It makes me feel like a larper and really this whole thread is kindof inherently dumb anyways.

dont you guys believe that after you die you will go to a different realm but then after some time be born as one of your descendants? so what would happen if there are no descendants left?

>Greenberg
>Listening to a kikes interpretation of history ever
You already lost faggot, quit projecting your homosexuality.

Jewish bullshit.

> so what would happen if there are no descendants left?

Tribalism is the foundation of asatru.

What did you expect from Christians?

i dont know what you mean

Not finding anything particular in a quick search. I'm interested, but if they can't explain the trinity in any specific form they're three steps behind me & I'd likely find them boring.

Btw: mythology transcends reality, Christianity isn't much different other than Jesus being the closest to the Truth.

>Paganism general
>shows picture of some larping bitch who thinks women went to combat

Wew lad, you're a fucking burger so stop linking to Norse shit and pretending you're a viking. Embrace Christ as your King and stop embarrasing yourself.

>what happens if there are no descendants left?

That question could apply to any religion to any race of people around the globe.

Well St. Paul was a Jew & they excluded books like Thomas from the Bible so what'dya expect.

(((Greenberg)))

I didn't link to one Norse text.

pastebin.com/L43iNRyf

Here is the preset for the /Pagan/ general

That's shit. You have to scroll through 20 pages of random bullshit questions and then go to a mega before you even get to any reading material. Much better to just do how I did in the OP.

That was a difference of theological schools. Thomas leaned heavily into Gnostic heresy, although not nearly as much as the rest of the Gnostic corpus, and therefore wouldn't have fit into the mainstream Bible.

Then move it to the top you fucking faggot

Then you start the thread you fucking faggot nigger

Wew lad, you're a fucking norse so stop refering to a church as superior christian architecture. Embrace Harald Haarfagre as the only true King of Norway and stop embarrasing yourself.

The Edda and Heimskringla, as well as Aasatru are all of Norse origin, and this is the kind of paganism all larpers want because they can claim "we wuz vikangz and sheet". It just becomes so unbelievable ironic when a burger is the one shilling for it. Paganism is dead, and there is no way people are going to start believing in it again.

I'm fucking about to you bitch

KEK

The Jew fears the pagan

>and there is no way people are going to start believing in it again
Says who? You?

>are all of Norse origin
I'm aware you spoke a similar dialect hundreds of years ago but you as a Norwegian don't own any of this material and I could care less if you call it larping or whatever. Paganism is alive and it's making a comeback. It is the future of the white race. Wake up faggot.

There is no achitecture in the world that can surpass that of the Gothic Cathedrals across Europe, it is the peak of human relations with the divine, and nothing the Norse pagans created can ever come close to that.

Do it faggot.

And I'll bump it too.

I'm waiting til midnight

>What is Rome
>What is Greece
>What is Persia
And further more I don't really give a fuck about the church of Cologne. It looks like some place Vampire LARP'ers would really like. And Norse christians didn't make anything more impressive than the pagans did in Norway anyway.

Paganism is that which the fedoras of 2012 were, laughable neckbeards who think they are superior. You average working people are never going to suddenly start embracing paganism, there is nothing there that binds people together,what is the theology, what is the doctrine, what is the message? It's long dead, and it's dead because it didn't survive the influence of Christianity once people realised that Christ is King.

>once people realised that Christ is King
I'm sure that was what happened. Dude, you really got my almonds fired up now.

Most scholars agree that Thomas could have been included in the gospels, probably should have replaced Like DESU. Without portraying much thought into it I'd say his exclusion is based on Moses' race-mixing and the old testament being misogynistic.... Granted I'm fairly misogynistic, but the point holds nonetheless (referring to Thomas 114)

Speaking of mainstream Bible, though, Abraham was a cuck & God never told him to sacrifice his child. Listen to Jesus & question everyone else.

>what is the doctrine, what is the message?
White tribalism. Something that is severely lacking in modern society and something which paganism exclusively offers.

>Norse Christians didn't make anything more impressive than the pagans did in Norway

You seem to be forgetting Nidaros, again a perfect example of man's willingness to create staggerinly impactful architecture to represent the divine.
The paganism that is being shilled today is the Norse and germanic, neither of which can take the credit for what was built in Rome.

Less than 10% of Europeans attend church weekly.

Christianity refuses to stand up for White people. Non-white Christians are just the same to them and their religion tells them so.

Hinduism is more White than Christianity religiously. Read the Bhagavad Gita. Hinduism is an Aryan religion.

It's time to let Christianity go. It's the one piece Jewishness not bad for Whites? Sorry.

>Paganism is that which the fedoras of 2012 were, laughable neckbeards who think they are superior.
Norski speaks the truth.

Yet again, I don't care what a few priests shilled for to build. They would do good in investing it in farmland rather than pray for the crops to be good.

Why are you so rabid against paganism? And what do you try to exactly accomplish with that?

The most outspoken real right-wingers generally being pagan or agnostic, meanwhile you christians are hiding in your closets behind anime avatars at best clearly having a bigger issue with the pre-christian spirituality than enforcing borders.

Good luck with getting that to work, we can barely get people to criticize Islam for fuck sake, you think people are going to all of a sudden stand up and realize that the white race must be saved? Of course not; if they however see the destruction of their culture and faith, people will start to both feel and understand that they need to defend that which is theirs. The idea that paganism is going to resonate with people because it did 2000 years ago is ludicrous, it is an alien thing now that people have no relation with.

The Church is tainted with corruption and we all know that, same with the Pope, a spitting image of a cuck, but that is of course because they can't claim to their old doctrines and beliefs anymore due to (((certain people))) infleuncing the ways people think, and thus putting the Church in a crippling position due to having beliefs that goes against that of the indoctrinated masses. It is however far more of a salvagable situation than simply throwing everything away and somehow expecting people to believe in paganism.

Pagans shitpost up Christian threads all the time, this is much easier. Besides, recognize this thread for what it is, a cult recruiter casting his net out among the disillusioned souls of pol, hoping to snare some fool who is angry at his religion. It's important to not let the statements of these cultists go unanswered. Especially when they are so easily refuted.

Where was Odin when Christianity wiped paganism from Europe? Why did Europeans so readily take to Christianity, if the old gods were real?

The only legitimate answer I've gotten from these questions is that so a small group of true believers, who have refound the old gods, can save the race through their beliefs. These are classic cult tactics; tell your followers that they are special because unlike the masses, they know the truth, and tell them that they are destined to do great things. Reinforce and isolate. I bet one of the links in OP has a donate option too.

nah, only the samurai

I still find it funny that the religion that spawned the "Synagogue of Satan" meme and bashed Jews long before kebabs showed up is considered a piece of Jewishness.

>and thus putting the Church in a crippling position
Yes Madam. We will have to deal with this problem and the problem must be treated as such.

And christians claim paganism is LARPy.

Why would I believe any of that tho?

Is there a corollary to academic Christian apologetics for pagan faiths?

It always struck me as folks just deciding to follow them, but that's not how religion works for me.

Not asking you to convince me, just wondering if you could recommend someone who might if I'm willing to put in the time.

>Good luck with getting that to work, we can barely get people to criticize Islam for fuck sake, you think people are going to all of a sudden stand up and realize that the white race must be saved?

Not all of a sudden, but 2016 should've taught you a lesson. Pushing the overton window and the explosive popularity of things like the Asatru Folk Assembly in America. Lots of whites aren't like us and don't come here to talk about the jewish control over our nations, but they perform white flight and whatever else. There's so many avenues for white identity to manifest itself in the average person. Paganism fills a spiritual void white people have that can't be filled by the subverted internationalist christian church.

>The idea that paganism is going to resonate with people because it did 2000 years ago is ludicrous, it is an alien thing now that people have no relation with.

Well the fact is that Christian Identity was the last chance Christendom had to reclaim it's racially aware whites, and it failed. Paganism is the answer now. Come home white man.

>The most outspoken rightwingers are generally pagan or agnostic

Paganism and agnosticism is not the same, not even in the slightest.

What I am trying to do is get these larping pagans to understand that creating this idea that Christianity is the ultimate evil like Varg does, is so undeniably destructive to the whole of Europe, we need to just get our shit together and focus on what's going on now. This is where reviving a long dead religion with no coherency is utterly useless.

Even as a cultureless American you still follow pagan customs in one way or another.

What do you have a problem with? What don't you believe?

>It always struck me as folks just deciding to follow them, but that's not how religion works for me.
It always struck me as just whites needing spirituality but the jewish branches of religion inevitably failed them and they look elsewhere. Some people waste some years on buddhism or whatever but eventually they come home.

>larping pagans
What does this even mean? Are they having a drinking horn in their home or something? Does that trigger you?
>Christianity is the ultimate evil like Varg does
Well, he seem to have a point the more I see of your niggertier way of arguing the more I have respect of pagans because at least they seem to have integrity and honor which I value far more than anything you, some anonymous edgelord claim to be LARP.

What the fuck are you talking about, have you never heard the word 'thus'? Are you not able to have reading comprehension? Pagans really are something special aren't they.

>Paganism fills a spiritual void white people have that can't be filled by the subverted internationalist christian church.
I strongly disagree. I do not see how paganism can fill a void that Christinaity can't, when Christianity has been studied in such detail, and the theology is so unbelievably rich.

When you boil down Mondays theistic philosophy to its core, god is the universal order to the cosmos. Pagans believed in this universal order as well, they just didn't refer to it as a god. Gods were something different.

But then Jews attempted to take their God, Yahweh, and conflate him with the universal order for muh control.

Marvel dont do movies about Lemminkäinen
why not he was cool dude
check this video youtube.com/watch?v=YZhf-AcnIyw

I am not a pagan but I should imagine:
>Where was Odin when Christianity wiped paganism from Europe?
This implies that a god has an almighty power to intervene. The same question could also be asked about any god who is not protecting its people against the rise of other religions
>Why did Europeans so readily take to Christianity, if the old gods were real?
Define readily. Some people are not hell bent on dying for their beliefs. The safety of their family is more important and worshipping a false idol to secure the existence of your children is, to some people, a necessary sacrifice. Christianity was extremely aggressive back then and, just like in modern western societies, the natives are becoming outnumbered and the ruling powers do not necessarily have their best interests at heart. Convert or die.

Jesus Christ was Jewish... Paul was Jewish... The original Christians were Jewish...

You might have a hard time convincing them that the Jews are evil considering this...

Is it easier to illuminate people on Jewish power or bring them back to Christianity? People have abandoned Christianity, look at the numbers faggot.

I'm mocking your pretentious way of talking, and you are pretending that you didn't get it, projecting muh reading comprehension.

2/10, just another low level argument from you. Not that you have presented anything else than poor circumvention like the desperate retard you are.

>paganism is making a comeback
do you have any proof for this claim?
also what you said here doesnt really make sense
>the religion of my ancestors is still around and their descendants are alive today, so it must be the correct religion

>I strongly disagree. I do not see how paganism can fill a void that Christinaity can't, when Christianity has been studied in such detail, and the theology is so unbelievably rich.

Are you implying the average person gives a shit about depth of the debate on theology?
The average person wants a white tribalist society. You can see this in America in the phenomenon of white flight. The same in churches, people leave when the kike priest starts letting niggers into the church.

We need to give white people a tribalist faith. We need to say to them Wotan is your blood, your white brothers around you are from your blood and you need to defend each other and your society.

Once we can do this it's smooth sailing. We'll win.

>Lol, the Bible like the Old Testament isn't Jewish wtf like Jesus isn't Jewish bro omg whaddyou mean???

Yes of course, I am the one who have nigger-tier arguing, when you are the one posting pics of emojiis and stating you "don't give a fuck" about why curches were built etc. You guys really are the new fedoras.

Larping is pretending to be something which you are not, in this case this is embracing paganism and claiming to be vikaaaangz because that for some reason appears to be cool. There is no coherency or theology in paganism, they just want to be a part of something that other people aren't and then ridicule the others for their wrong beleifs, in this case with insults such as Christkike etc.

Odin never really went anywhere, the transitioning process was very gradual, and over time he became looked upon as a common ancestor rather than a God, and to this day if you trace the English royal family all the way back, it begins with Wotan.
The European peoples didn't really take to Christianity "readily". There was some resistance, and for a time the two existed side by side. And of course, there was the fire and sword. Some parts of Europe never really did take to Christianity at all, namely Scandinavia.

>>paganism is making a comeback
do you have any proof for this claim?
The AFA is the largest pagan organization in the US.
It does make sense because it's still alive and it's still with us. If it really was some weak thing it would've died out completely and we'd have no record of it.

That idea will never work. I'm like 100% sure you're a teenager because only teenagers think dumb shit like "in 10 years we can convert a billion white people to paganism just like that!". Religions spread over hundreds of years and the reason why Christianity and the right wing are intertwined is because the bulk of the nationalist right is Christian.

If you want paganism then you need to team up with some other pagans, fuck off to some isolated island somewhere (Tasmania is nicely isolated, relatively) and set up your own private pagan villages all around with your own parallel society and steadily build up over generations until you own Tasmania (or whatever island you settle on).

Paganism will never catch on in its own right and pagan far-rightists have been memeing ineffectually for a hundred years when they could have instead built up their own communities away from the non-pagan world.

>jesus was hebrew
>therefore even though the jews hated christians christianity is jewish

You realize that pagans protected jews right?

>scandinavia never took to christianity

Do you just make shit up because "muh swedish ancestry"? Scandinavia was Christianized easily. It was the Baltic region where residual paganism existed into the 19th century.