Wait a minute

why don't Ireland just caught fish?

Splendid suggestion, Alistair.

> Implying Mick's have the brainpower to craft a fishing rod and understand what bait is

Fun fact. They'd never seen a fish before until the British showed them.

you can't ferment fish into booze.

If Ireland does caught fish they have to swim there but it is hard when drunked

Brittania ruled the waves.

they didn't want to eat something that smells like their wives

You ever try to make Whiskey with a fish ? Not good user.

but botato grow from Dort? lol

> Fishing without a potato.
You've never fished before I see.

>hold my potato

Because they were part of the United Kingdom at the time and Britain wouldn't let them.

The British pretty much took all surplus food and all the good food and sent it out of Ireland. Irish people didn't have control of such things and those who tried to defy the British were harshly punished.

Like, for real?
British Crown outlawed fishing not done by Crown approved fishers. Anyone caught fishing would be killed as a poacher.

Additionally, the Irish didn't have much in the way of fishing boats. They had timber frame kayaks with willow branches for shape, and waxed animal hides to actually keep out the water.

Additionally, most fish were fed to pigs. The irish never really cared much for fish outside of Friday (thanks, Catholicism!).

The problem was also that even if you COULD produce food, you needed to sell it to english landlords to pay rent and taxes to english landlords, and they'd pay you a pittance because there was nobody else to sell to besides other dirt poor potato farmers.

They couldn't load up a truck and drive through the Calais tunnel to hock their fish and produce in France. The well off farmers had a cart and a mule that could make a 10 mile trip and back in a day.

They also didn't have any real means to cure, smoke, or dry fish for transport, so it would spoil within 4-6 hours unless cooked, and even if cooked, would spoil by the next day.

They did you retarded leaf. Have you ever went fishing? It can take hours to catch a single fish. One fish could barely sustain one person per day. There were over 8mil people in Ireland. It's so obvious and clear they should have caught 8 million fish per day for 5 years of the famine. Kill yourself.

>so he stole trevalyns corn
>so the young might see the morn
>now the ship lies waiting in the bay

medieval europe was basically the EU

Their was no famine it was depopulation so English could take the farms and lands.
Now Muslims do it to the English

don't be angery o'Brian

>Irish are stupid, lazy, superstitious, and like to make excuses
Yep, that's pretty much my experience with them as well.

Because we controlled ireland. It wasnt that there was no food, we just wouldnt give any of it to the fenians.

And can you blame us?

but if they are white then why do you act like a greed Niger?

>irish
>white

No.

Just why'd you have to send them here dad. :-(

Mitchel 'Irish people watched as their food, melting in rottenness off the face of the earth, all while watching heavy laiden ships with the yellow corn their own hands have sown and reaped, spreading sail for England'

they look white for me

I am sorry for your color blond

don't take selfie for Sup Forums.org please lol

Now don't be silly, of course it isn't a selfie. That man isn't even a paki

In fairness, coastal areas weren't as badly impacted as the rest of the country.

Ireland could easily be part of the UK today if the Brits treated them as equals to Wales and Scotland. I'll never get how they messed that up.

Holohoax when?

I think this is it.

>why didn't you just fish haha

about 70 years late

Ireland doesnt want to be part of the uk you silly sausage.

I doubt they had such tight control over the seas at that time.

Thought those were nuts for a second from the thumbnail.

Youd be wrong.

>Additionally, most fish were fed to pigs. The irish never really cared much for fish outside of Friday (thanks, Catholicism!).
Apparently they cared enough to starve.

Irish have a testicle for breakfast while botatdo grow maybe. LOL

Charles Trevalyn, who was in charge of government relief believed the potato blight had been sent by God to "teach the Irish a lesson".

Basically, Irish refused to give up their Catholicism and adopt Aglicanism so were never seen as anything more than trash subjects to be expolited.

You think Britain didn't control the seas of the UK? You're retarded. It's a small distance between the islands.

if you did genetic testing you'd find that nearly 70% of your genome is "irish"

Back in the day fish wasn't a good staple food because no refrigerators. Either you lived in a coastal town and got it fresh off the boats or it rotted before you got it

the british?

is that the Scots and Welsh, Celts largely colonized by Irish Gaels centuries before Angles and Saxons showed up?

faggot?

An island of agrarian potato farmers next to the world's super power hardly had a choice in the matter. If Brits could have reconciled Catholicism with the British identity they could have kept Ireland indefinitely.

Kek

They could've gone beyond territorial waters and fish there

yup.

thats why as a mick yank i laugh at all the muslims taking over London and all of England.

ireland will be taken over by gooks... better deal, by far, eh, Limeyfag?

You could dry the fish by smoking or salting.
You could also marinate it.

Odd since they haven't had a problem reconciling Islam

Most Irish have one single male ancestor.

reparations when, anglo

They all came here and ruined New England