What's the political reason for meat being SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE?

What's the political reason for meat being SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE?

>tfw broke college student living in Boston

Depends on the quality of the meat
Dont get super cheap meat, chances are you wont like it, and super expensive meat happens to be sheep and veal, so avoid those you lazy bum

Buy some fucking meal bars like the rest of us

labor and resources for raising livestock aren't cheap

That's because if you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

imblying

youre eating a living thing, it should be expensive

Fug uu

Vegans.

move out of the city. rent in boston is stupid

men

Eh

a fucking leaf

go innawoods and kill a deer, you stupid faggot. I've still got meat in the freezer from a deer I slew last fall.

The reason meat is expensive is the federal government has raised taxes per head of cattle on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) owned grazing land. Roughly half of the grazing land is owned by the BLM in the west, where most beef is produced.

Never trust the federal government.

There is no political reason. Meat is just more expensive and timely to produce, you fucking idiot. It doesn't magically appear in the store.

Maybe if you read those textbooks at your college you could figure out how money works.

this plus food stamps

Because you think you're too good to get out a .22 pellet gun and bring down a varmint or a pige-er, squab. When you eat 'em you call 'em squab.

Your grandpappy wasn't too good to eat squab. But not you, princess, oh no, you need a porterhouse steak to go with your avocado toast.

fug

>parents let neighbor use our fields for farming
>neighbor also owns a cow farm nearby
>pays for using the fields in steak, like 75 lbs per year
>always tastes so delicious
>parents always give me like 25 lbs to put in my freezer

feels good man

It's not expensive? If it is, then at least it's offset by cheaper rent outside of Boston. $850 a month for a 1 bedroom. Gas is 2.29. Food is cheap at stop and shop and market basket.

t. New Bedford

Ribeye goes for 7.50 at my local butcher.

(YOU)

Fuk u nigger

noooooooooooooo not my mommy

We need to get those cows to fucking more I reckon. Cattle herd sizes were greatly reduced several years ago when there was a big drought in the Midwest which caused a spike in feed prices. They haven't restored the size of their herds since then, so we have a smaller beef supply, ergo higher beef prices.
So, we need more cattle ranchers and more cows.

Oh my god

This is another reason for it.

you live in Boston. I'm in Kansas City and get T-bones and other steaks for well under $10/lb on a regular basis.

Meat is (relatively) way cheaper than it used to be. You have to feed a big animal for years before you can kill it for meat. Before the 20th century, meat was considered kind of a luxury food. In fact, pretty much all food used to cost way more than it does now.

>Food is cheap at stop and shop

Really? Taunton, here. I find that pretty much everywhere beats Stop & Shop. Aldi, Hannaford, even Shaw's.

I barbecue London broil (top round) regularly and typically pay less than $4 per pound.

>Live in Madras Oregon
>Buy grass fed beef by the half cow
>Pay 3.99/pound hanging weight for the meat

Cheap as fuck and shit it's the best beef I've ever had.

I find it depends on the stop and shop. The one on King's Highway is good most of the time. It also depends on what you're buying. Some food is cheaper at Market Basket, other food is cheaper at Walmart, etc.

On another note: When's the Galleria gonna finally close(it's like 1/3 vacant) and those "Union and Liberty" Britshit flags all over town?