Trying to get informed on the death penalty. I lean against it currently, since we should value the right to life...

Trying to get informed on the death penalty. I lean against it currently, since we should value the right to life. Wanna hear every side.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_San_Fernando_massacre
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It only works if you do it Duterte style.
American/Japanese capital punishment is a waste.

Its cheaper if we use a firing squad than supporting an inmate till he dies naturally

The only con would be judicial system does make mistakes therefore we may kill the wrong man sooner or later.

Pros are less strain on tax payers, crime will probably go down, justice is served.

For me death penalty would be for only those that killed willingly and unprovoked.

If it was self-defense that person would walk free ofc.

Also I would like to add torture before execution for those that killed more then one person like terrorists ofcourse we would need to capture them alive.

O and if we do apprehend a terrorist before he commits a terror attack death penalty would still be valid.

Also rapists would be issued a death penalty as well.

The only con against death is that you end up killing an innocent person

It should only be used when the evidence is overwhelming

Aside from that there is nothing wrong will executing serious criminals and getting rid of them. It also serves to prevent future crimes because it scares people

Also OP wtf is wrong with you value for human life ? Wtf is with the value of the criminals victim ?

Human stupidity never ceases to shock me

Only in cases where the evidence is completely undisputable, not because I don't want criminals to die but because I don't want any wrongly convicted people to die, so usually it is safer to just not execute convicts as if they are later exonerated they can be released and compensated for the mistake.

>we should value the right to life
I agree. But should we value the lives of those who have ceased to value the lives of others?

This. Hanging would suffice too.

OP must be a reddit lurker

Cool so if i have sex with a girl and she regrets it the next day I get the firing squad

Yeah so the only option is to go gay

Omg use brain of course not I was thinking mostly on child rape or gangrapes notbteen drama

the thing with capital punishment it often means the inocent are exicuted thats why in death row it takes years to kill one criminal its also very expensive (the euthanasia) since the cant use the rope or cheaper methods anymore.
Capital punishment should only be reserved for proven serous crimes.

Why did they remove the firing squads ? Isn't it cheaper ?

>I lean against it currently, since we should value the right to life.

So if a man murders another man for any reason, gets say 10-15 years in prison, and then walks away. That means the victims life is less precious than the murderers'? Since the victim is dead and the murderer is alive and well.

Death penalty is the only way to even the scales.

because it s more 'humane' i think. but it really isn't

We should kill pedos, kid killers, woman killers, serial killers and terrorists live on fucking tv in all kinds of crazy, elaborate, Mortal Kombat esque ways for entertainment. People could text vote for the execution method and then all the money raised from it goes to the family of the victim.

This. If they have 999 chances to appeal while the media pushes the dindu nuffin/muh racism narrative, then just lock them up for life and misplace their file.

I agree with that, in a broad sense. But what if the case has room for doubt?

Only in obvious and irredemable cases, like when some retard openly goes on a killing in a supermarket or school or some shit. In such cases of open mass murders you simply put a bolt through the heads of such beasts.No need for years of expensive jail and revisions

Keeping the lifers around is a huge burdon to the tax payer but American prisons make a fuckload of money from what I understand so I don't think you'd ever make a case to them for killing off the truly degenerate

Death penalty works because of a frente reasons

1) It sets an example for would be murderers and rapists, they would think twice before doing one of the latter

2)It's cheaper than supporting them with taxes for their whole life

3)It serves justice to the victim, It is not fair having someone who counciously killed someone, not in self defense, to be alive, he has a debt to pay

Forgot to add this. I'd agree with death penalty only when it would be given for a 100% proven crime.

Why woman killers?

Few*
fucking auto corrector

I am all for death penalty, and if you feel like its unfair or scary. There is an easy way to stay clear from it, abide to the law and you wont get killed. Its not hard.

Especially heinous because its preying on the weak like with kids. Although there are some exceptions like crimes of passion, domestic issues etc. But when you get these niggers who cave random white womens heads in after raping them?

Death. Now.

This! Imagine seeing a trucker of peace going out with a fatality. Makes me smile, just thinking of it.

Pros
>gets rid of degenerates
>can provide closure to victims families
>frees up prison space
>possibly deters crims from committing the crime in the first place
>could be cheaper for taxpayers in the long run (but often isn't)

Cons
>can be more costly than life imprisonment
>ethical question (if you kill a killer are you any better? Who kills the killer of the killer?)
>some people charged are found to be innocent later on
>is death even a punishment if your other option was being locked in a cage for 60 years?

Aye but the "murder" may be innocent...like in Steven Avery's FIRST Murder charge, where he got released after like 17 years of jailtime

The main principle that turns off lawmakers is that once a state sanctions any kind of killing the discussion shifts from 'can we kill?' to 'who can we kill?' It's why I'm personally opposed to abortion and euthanasia, let alone executions.

Also of course there's the practical concern, where for it to actually be an efficient/means of disposing of unsalvagable criminals it has to be quick, but many crimes of the severity which could justify execution can't be handled quickly, for example war crimes or disputed murder charges. You either get a system which either has a degree of arbitrariness or one that is horribly inefficient.

>sets an example
Most murders and rapes are crimes of passion and/or committed by drugged up spastics who don't consider the consequences of their actions. The deterrence-power of the death penalty has historically been shown to be negligible.
>cheaper than supporting them
Only if you do it quickly, at the moment countries which use it lose a fortune in court time because of appeals. And doing it quickly runs the risk of an arbitrary decision, or, god forbid, an innocent person being killed.
>serves justice to the victim
Justice is whatever the state says it is. What you're proposing sounds more like 'eye for an eye.'

The death sentence sounds cool at first but it's really not a good idea. You don't have to be a cuck to oppose it. There are very sane and practical reasons not to.

If you are against the death penalty in any way you are morally retarded. We should be slaughtering humans like cattle for their reprobate transgressions.

of course death penalty for niggers but not for whites

I wouldn't view the death penalty as a punishment desu, more like taking out the trash

If you are against the death penalty, you are not yet aware of the astrocities humans are capable of.

Let me lead you on your way..

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_San_Fernando_massacre

If you believe any of these criminals should be allowed to live because of "muh value of life" you need a serious reality check.

I think the way they go about it is bullshit. I support the death penalty, however I think that the jury should decide if he gets the death penalty after they decide his guilt. And if they so choose to put him to death, they should have to attend his execution.

I also think waiting years to execute someone is bullshit. After his sentencing he gets one month to get his shit together and appeal. If his appeal is turned down he is executed promptly one week after. He'll still get his last meal and all that.

But here is where I think things get interesting. He can choose to enter into a secret government testing program. This is entirely his choice, of course. If he chooses, there will be a mock execution and his still alive body will be carted off to some crazy lab where they'll run all sorts of experiments on him. Who knows that kind of crazy shit will be done to him? However after a few years he'll be granted a life of comfort in some cell.

They should be allowed to live because executing them would create a precedent for more executions and the death penalty is more trouble than it's worth.

If someone kills someone they did not respect the right to life of others therefore relinquishing theirs.

Justice is never more trouble than it's worth.

Wrong mate

A handgun and a single bullet costs far less than giving someone several meals a day, Water, daily living expenses, a bed, medical expenses etc.

Nothing wrong with death penalty except one thing that makes it completely wrong - you can execute the innocent.
Also imprisonment for life is worse punishment than death.

see . Firstly justice is whatever the state decides it is. If the state says that a mass-murderer gets life in prison then that's justice. Secondly executing criminals is a huge amount of trouble, and I think that most lawmakers agree that it isn't worth any benefits of execution. To make the process efficient enough to be cost effective and frightening the process by which serious criminal offenders are processed would have to be seriously reduced. That might sound fine but it's long and convoluted for a reason. Arbitrary judgements are hell for legal systems. Everything has to be consistent if the system is to remain legitimate and to keep everything consistent things have to be long and tedious with chances for appeals and considerations of every possible avenue of argument. The law isn't just like this because lawyers and judges make more money, the principles behind these issues are absurdly complicated and keeping people from being executed based on broken logic is too important a job to rush.

Do you have any arguments that aren't emotional?

Do you propose that police officers be given the authority to execute criminals on site if their crime is deemed severe enough? Because that's the only way that your point works. The expense comes from court-time. Criminals are allowed to appeal decisions on these matters and serious crimes go to higher courts whose time gets more and more valuable the higher you go. If we go handing out death sentences all over the place we'll either need to create a pile of new courts just to handle them or stick criminals in holding for a longass time while the system processes them all and decides whether or not they should be killed. If you make the decision arbitrary you fuck us so much harder than any individual criminal could.

Yeah not considering they don't have to say what's actually in the injection.

There are some pretty horrific videos I've seen. I'd much rather firing squad.

I hate needles just about more than anything in the world. I'd take a guillotine over one of those things.

>That means the victims life is less precious than the murderers'
Well if the victim is a nigger, possibly

yup

>Firstly justice is whatever the state decides it is

You are an idiot. This shit was refuted back in ancient greece

sexist shill detected

Depends. Niggers are definitely less reformable and more disposable than whites though. This is why the whole "boo hoo they get harsher sentences for the same crimes as whites" BS is stupid. A middle class white teenager who gets in trouble for a drugs offence is probably gonna clean up his act and be a white collar family man in 10 years. A nigger teen who gets in trouble for drugs will probably graduate to murders and rapes within a few years.

If someone commits a heinous crime we need to have the right to execute them.

Read any work by Edward Feser on capital punishment. You won't regret it

If imprisonment for life is a worse punishment than death, you should prefer the wrongly convicted to get the death penalty rather than life in prison.

Killing people is allowed if they're war enemies, so killing people who consider themselves to be at war with your country should be allowed too, even if they live in your country.

Otherwise I'd say the right to live should be respected.

pros: you get rid of crazy/dangerous/fucked up people, no expenses

cons: easily abusable in the wrong hands.

How in god's name is that system supposed to be kept sane? What if the police make a wrong decision? Which crimes are punishable by death? What kind of standard are cops held to? What makes you think the average police officer would be willing to do this? Do motives matter in the crimes? If murderers are executed on the spot what happens to those guilty of manslaughter? What happens to due process? Do police attempt any kind of on the spot investigation? Do they have to catch people in the act? This system would either bring about crippling lawsuits or a violent revolt within a couple of years no matter how you work it out.

wtf i love summary execution now

His point was: you pass a law that says "rape = death penalty", then a few years later the meaning of "rape" has changed (to include "looking funny at a woman" and "killing a female gamer's online character").

His point was a good one, but he used a joke to make it.

You misunderstood because of your autism.

Omg use brain of course.

What about that serial-strangler? How many times you wanna watch him get out just go back in for another murder? No exceptions.

Provided that there is absolute proof of aundeniably heinous crime and obvious long-term offenders, I'm all for it. But the terms and conditions must be very clear.
Pros:
>no more violent criminals
>safer society
>less drugies, gangs, and niggers
>don't have to pay for them tax-wise
Cons:
>might execute an innocent
>government desides what crime itself is, and level of punishment / giving them power to turn on you

>justice is whatever the state decides
You and I are the state. And I'm saying that being locked up is not punishment enough for raping and torturing people for 5 hours before killing them.

>Do you propose that police officers be given the authority to execute criminals on site if their crime is deemed severe enough?
Point a gun at an officer and see what happens.

Do you have any arguments that don't include efficiency and cost? Because those two can easily be improved.

Suppose somebody is guilty of a murder: not a self-defense murder, or a dispute thing, but a pre-meditated, planned murder, or perhaps the murder of a child.
You could make the argument that anybody in that state isn't sane, and "isn't fit for trial/judgement", but then suppose that they are treated, and made sane: any rational person, having then realized what they have done, would have suicide as his only ethical options, and any irrational person would have no problem with doing it again.

In these cases it's like putting down a dog or a horse that's gone mad with snowblindness. It's really the only humane thing to do.

Also firing squads and rope only. Gas chambers and lethal injections are fucking retarded.

I guess there is the point that they might find out they were innocent a couple days (Or years, you get what I mean, before they'd have died of natural causes) after the execution. If the execution didn't happen they'd have been freed.

he ooga, you booga

Get rid of the retarded mental illness defense that bogs up the appeal system. Mens rea is garbage.

I don't really understand how the death penalty is cheaper than just housing somebody in prison for life. In america the Private prison system is so cheap they pretty much feed their prisoners on literal pennies with the worst food and bare bones living conditions. And the legal costs associated with putting somebody to death is pretty goddamn costly considering when said prisoner appeals multiple times throughout their sentence. The only way to make it cheap is if you live in a theocratic shithole like Saudia Arabia where they practice public beheading regularly or you just through away the justice system entirely. It's just better to lock them up and throw away the key.

We need fucking labor camps where we put these most fuck'd up sickos and make them work so hard they might just die right there while doing heavy lifting. Maybe put some maximum time they have to work like ten years and if they really survived that long we would finally execute them.

>is death even a punishment
Doesn't matter. The purpose isn't to punish, but to remove undesirables from society permanently,

Pros: Criminals die and liberals get upset
Cons: nothing it's perfect

You and I are the state, yes, along with everyone else. Saying that the state is the people isn't inaccurate. And together the people elect officials and representatives who get together and create laws which are supposed to represent the gestalt values of the people. If you, I and everyone else decide that we don't agree with the law we get it changed by pressuring our politicians. You might not agree with not having the death sentence but if it were truly the wish of the Norwegian people as a whole you would have it. In the mean time Anders Breivik will continue to enjoy his Playstation and free hotel room until he dies at the age of 106.

As for police officers, they can exercise self-defence to virtually the same degree as any citizen. Their ability to kill those who threaten their lives without legal repercussions isn't because pointing a gun at a police officer is considered a crime worthy of death, it's because if they don't there's a good chance they'll die, and lawmakers don't like making people choose between death or breaking the law. If I point a gun at a cop and then throw the gun down and kneel with my hands behind my head and then they kill me they're probably going to be in a lot of trouble.

And efficiency and cost can't be easily improved, that's what I've been trying to say for this whole thread. The process is inefficient and costly for a good reason. Firstly there are only so many courts and judges available, increasing this number by a significant amount is most certainly not an easy matter. And secondly the process by which somebody is found guilty of a crime as severe as murder has to be long and pedantic in order to avoid arbitrary judgements, both because making a decision on flawed logic creates a hellish precedent problem for the future and because falsely sentencing somebody is a horrible thing to do which must be avoided at all costs if our legal systems want to maintain their integrity.

I'm for the death penalty, and I don't think it's used often enough. I would expand its use to include people who commit most violent crime, like robbery and violent sexual assaults in addition to murder, terrorism, and treason (attempted, as well). I think the dregs of society have to go, as well. Habitual substance abusers, petty thieves and the like. I would implement a system where everyone is given a "life number" based on the average life expectancy. Every time you commit a crime, in addition to your normal punishment they shave a little time off your "life number". When you reach that life number, if you commit another crime then they execute your worthless ass.

No need for public displays, they can just pop you in the back of the head and throw you down a hole. For many of these prisoners it's just not worth trying to rehabilitate them. We would invest MILLIONS in these guys, and for what? So they can become little more than burger flippers with an increased risk of committing a crime on the job? Fuck that. And bring back chain gangs. Prisons need to pay for themselves. If they don't want to work, execute them.

Pros: Criminals (liberals) die
Cons: Nothing, God starts to talk to us again.

At first I thought that the death penalty was the ultimate punishment for people but got interested in the matter and read stuff about prison life and came to the conclusion a life sentence is a way better punishment. Sure, it costs money but I know that the guy sits there in this shitty hole behind bars, working for 2$ a day together with people of the worst kind and has not only to live in solitude but also in constant fear of the people that will prey on him just like he did on his victim on the outside. Maybe he'll get raped stabbed, robbed and if he pussies out and goes into solitary his time after the comeback will be even worse.
In the end he will die and his body will be dropped in a hole behind the prison with no one shedding a tear or ever thinking about him again.

That'd make for a pretty shitty society.

It needs to be reserved for the repeat offending scum. It's almost impossible for an incorrect verdict to be give more than once, and the criminal at that point has shown that they are a complete detriment to society, with no chances of rehabilitation. Sentencing someone to life in prison shows that the person has no place in society, and should only be used where the evidence is not as absolute as that needed for the death penalty. Keeping them for life for any other reason is like keeping a tape worm; it is only going to suck your resources and won't contribute positively in any other way.

pros:
>cheaper than imprisonment
>sets an example
>gets rid of most undesirable people

cons:
>doesn't really work with all the "humane treatment" bullshit
>forced labor might serve the same purpose while also offering something to society
>holes in the judicial system, meaning you might get the firing squad over false rape claims

depends on how you handle it, is imprisonment really cheaper than a bullet to the back of the head served right away?

>all these faggots saying "super bad violent crime only!"
>based phillipines gunning down marajuana smokers in the streets today
>based ancients slaughtering the sodomites and the promiscuous as they deserve

The only real con I can agree with up is nicely summoned up in pic related

>depends on how you handle it, is imprisonment really cheaper than a bullet to the back of the head served right away?

Well if you're looking at it from a financial perspective. Execution on the spot would be miles cheaper. But you're flying in the face of the spirit of the justice system by making police officers judge, jury and executioner.

Death is nothing compared to vindication

He was guilty. He bought a stolen horse (((in good faith))) In the same way when a nigger on a new bike rides up next to you and asks if you want a new bike for just 5$ you totally didn't know it was stolen.

I'm only against the death penalty because it costs more than life in prison here in libtard cali.

Otherwise, if they're 100% caught red handed
for a violent crime, and if it was cheaper, convert them to fertilizer.

Cons;
>in flag related they'd kill you for not using a made-up pronoun.
>sand people are exempt because the state thinks they're too stupid to hold accountable for their actions. Only white people would get it.
Pros;
>rape hysteria dictates that they'd also kill people for premarital sex.
Now, in a proper traditionalist state;
Pros:
>crime plummets
Cons;
>innocents dead

Duterte's war on drugs looks based but if he were to suddenly take a bullet to the face during a battle with dealers and his successor were to extend the war on drugs to political dissidents it would stop being cool very quickly. Law is all about precedent.

How violent does the crime have to be?

Okay first off being put in jail is bad enough on someone's record that they have problems getting the jobs they want later on, even though their debt to society is paid. So it Damages them long term even if the stay was short term.

So just imagine a 10 or 20 year prison sentence, whether they're still alive when they're released back into society decades later is irrelevant - it has Decreased the capability for them to Live as respected human beings.

> after all, when you're released from jail, your debt is considered paid, you are considered to be "fixed"

So its INHUMANE to keep someone locked up for a long time.

I mean otherwise what exactly are you achieving by keeping them alive? Its got to be about more than "does this offense deserve death?"

> I Believe

Anything beyond 3 years in jail and its a question of Is the Offense grave enough that this person could've just been SHOT in the commission of that crime and died anyway?

That means reduced prison sentences for people who might've gotten 10 or 20 years for something heinous but not life threatening.

And it means DEATH for anything else. Rape of kids and family members would qualify since you're damaging someone else for life, even if you havent killed anyone.

The alternative inbetween which we havent been able to implement is an Escape From New York kind of approach, dumping irreconcilables into a mad max landscape, with occasional resource drops, and just telling them "good luck".

If someone wants to play life in that way, as a Barbarian, a Raider, they can play with others of their own kind.

Otherwise Death needs to be a regular and common punishment, with few appeals (lets keep it to 3 appeals, but they must be pushed through different courts each time).

People fear Death, but honestly the Half Lived Life isn't worth living either and thats a trap that alot of criminals fall into - they end up willing to accept long or repeated jail sentences just so they can keep doing shit.

Let them live. Killing them might end up killing the wrong guy.
But let them work in Gulag like conditions, only with more food. They should make money instead of waste money. 16-18 hour shifts and one warm meal a day should suffice, if somebody was wrongly accused you can pay him off for inconvinience and try to get the right one instead.
They also should be able to apply for suicide which will simply mean firing squad if gulag life is not for them.

Why are so many of you guys so impractical? Most criminals have perfectly fine and healthy bodies.

Your arguments are all sophomoric.

I like your thinking, you've clearly put effort into this despite the extremity of a lot of what you're saying. I've always considered sentences of longer than 10 years effectively life-ending so this line of thinking interests me. What are your thoughts on torture as a means of quick but harrowing punishment?

Your post is sophomoric.

Please return to reddit

Actually keeping shitty people alive and blaming all their problems on White privilege is making for a shitty society.

not an argument and without me this thread would be an aimless circlejerk of 2000AD fans.

Murder mainly. Reading up on all the types of murder and manslaughter i'd say anyone having intent on doing it. Not the accidental ones.

a vapid redditor with delusions of grandeur. What a surprise.

Justice. Not some cringeworthy thing like "social justice" or other imaginary thing, but real justice.

We dont stop throwing people in jail for Life or very long time because of fear of innocent people.

It also makes people Think twice about it, those who fear Death, those who dont wont care either way, thats why the first types are the ones affected and thats enough.
OH and there should be a more painful way of killing them, since it should not only be justice for the victim, but they should pay Eyes for a single Eye.

right away as in right after the trial found the defendant guilty, of course you need overwhelming evidence for something like that

> Execution Methods

You need a Natural Born Killer - an Executioner - who is paid handsomely for their job and kept under constant surveillance to perform executions.

Its a burden they bear for the opportunity to exercise that other side of themselves that wants to kill, and making 250K a year ought to keep it attractive enough to not want to go do other things outside their soul's calling.

They will do it systematically, as flippantly as pushing a button and taking a swig of coffee while the condemned has their head removed by something.

They wont suffer PTSD over it like the average police/prison guard would.

> Guillotine with a laser sharpened Mono-Molecular blade, dropped into a hole with a black bag so they cant see or hear anything afterwards.

> Double Barrel Shotgun Blast to the Head, death is instantaneous, the head is gone. The executioner pressure-washes the room and kindly puts the body in a body bag for medical personnel to deal with.

> In Jap they would use a Katana as is cultural heritage.

Yeah I mean people go on about how "omg you're killing someone, you're taking everything from them, they wont even be able to enjoy eating a Pizza after this!"

But lets face it when a Horse is ailing and it'll never be at its finest again, they shoot it, it goes to the glue factory.

If we were to put someone in that position, then we would half-stroking, leaving the job only half done.

> As much as I like to see veterans return home, I believe when a soldier gets his nuts and legs blown off by an IED his buddies ought to hand him his sidearm and kindly look the other way to give him the chance to kill himself right there.
> No dude your nuts are gone, and I dont think those legs are ever going to walk again. Its up to you bud.
> We lack Real Honor killings and its kinda sickening.

HUMANITY is about Easing the most harsh realities of nature. With diseases and crippling wounds, nature is far less kind than humans can be.

Child rapists, serial rapists and killers should be summarily executed via firing squad or hanging. I really don't know how the death penalty is issued state-by-state but if you rape a toddler, you need to die.

Pros: Permanetnly removes the threat of a criminal and stops them draining tax money in jail, could also dissuade a lot of people from commiting crime
Cons: Liberal backlash, could be wrongly accused

Point is, you might want only the most violent rapist to be executed, but one day a feminist will get in power and change the definition of rape.

How is a cop supposed to determine intention on the spot? Are crimes of passion punishable by death? If so what would your reasoning be? Most decent people who suddenly kill in anger would probably be less likely to commit further violence over the rest of their lives than those who never do. Our current legal system wasn't formed arbitrarily. These things were all thought through.

I don't have a folder full of 'not an argument' themed pictures of Stefan Molyneux but if I did I'd be exhausting it right now.

almost positive this is a samefag. One on phone and one on PC or something.