How big of a sinner am I for stealing music and apps/games?

How big of a sinner am I for stealing music and apps/games?
Why isn't that considered a sin nowadays?
I feel bad.

I didn't know where else to ask and Sup Forums has lots of Christians.

No idea. Ask your priest.

You wouldn't download a car...

I am not sure.. What if you could 3D print a $40K car from pdfs of the internets?

This.

You could maybe purchase the non-degenerate stuff.

If you are downloading Ariana Grande, Justin Beiber or Katy Perry you are literally Hitler.
All that money could have gone to exploded people.

I am buying when I know I will spend a lot of time with it, games/music.
I don't download everything. The priest will say, don't do it again or if he is a modern one he will say ah, it's fine.

you would still have to pay for the material

I don't give money to those, they have enough. Or EA.
I buy The Witcher, underground hip hop and 'indie' metal.

it hurts the jews therefore it is good

You are doing the work of God OP

You aren't stealing anything. If you steal something from someone, you are taking something from them so they don't have it anymore. That is not the case here. What you are doing may or may not be wrong, but it's not stealing. Eighth Commandment doesn not apply.

The concept of copyright didn't exist before the printing press.
Don't forget that's what we're talking about, making copies. Still a little grey that area.

>music
how can you copy write chords and tones that have existed for thousands of years?
you're not guaranteed anything for your services or product unless people want to pay for it. you live on people's charity because that's the only group that wants your product.
>movies
hollywood blows and I'll exercise my right to test out a product before I commit. $20 tickets and dvd's are retarded with all the shit coming out.
>games
See above

>t. musician
I expect nothing for my product since I enjoy doing it and have other means of support.

>How big of a sinner

>10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Consuming sinful media is a sin. So is financially supporting the producers of sinful media. So is stealing. Ideally you shouldn't watch that garbage at all. But if you do, and add stealing to that sin, it makes it worse. Then again, my depriving the Jews of a few shekels you're "spoiling the Egyptians" and "bleeding the beast." But it's still a sin. Confess to your priest. Stop filling your head with that trash.

Satan probably would create a grey area with stealing , oh wait he did . when you pirate someone else does not get money, thus its stealing

You're not stealing it when the original remains untouched.

BS

Possession isn't the only form of ownership. Use is another form of ownership. Use of an object that the owner has forbidden you from using is a violation of ownership even if you aren't depriving the owner of possession. If you tell me not to use your toothbrush, or ride your horse, or fuck your wife, and I do anyway, I've violated your property rights. It's stealing. If I do it secretly its burglary. If I do it under threat of violence it's robbery. If I do it while depriving you of it it's also theft. Fuck nigger this is Morality 101.

>Eighth Commandment doesn not apply.
So Spake (self-declared) God of Sup Forums

>how can you copy write chords and tones that have existed for thousands of years
Because the finished work is what's protected by copyright.

Certainly forgiven, the flesh wars against the spirit and don't you forget it.

Stay focused on Jesus and with his help you will stop downloading.

Ask yourself. You're the only one who matters when it comes to you, not some dumb (((padre)))

This, nobody owns random sounds and random visuals

>He fell for the copyright meme

You may think that a "copyright" has something to do with morality rather than being a legal concept framed after the advent of mass reproduction so people could make money. I don't agree. A reproduction of a digital file is not an object which can be owned like a toothbrush, horse or wife just because Jews say it is. (And it is Jews.)

>stealing music and apps/games
You can't steal those you can only copy them, unless you physically steal a physical support from a store or something.

Considering most music and games these days is Illuminati/SJW propaganda, not much of one.

>This, nobody owns random sounds and random visuals

ah yes, yet another kid who never created anything in his life.

Yeah, the corporations are greedy shits. But if they spend 10 million to make a movie, and in your world it would be free online the minute it is released, then nobody would ever make anything except zero budget volunteer youtube garbage.

and don't give me that shit about how the make enough already. in your ideal world they would make about 5% back on their investment, and I don't mean profit. I mean they would spend 10 million and make 500k, losing millions.

I agree they suck. but you are as full of shit as they are.

I don't buy any music, If I like a band I'll buy a T-shirt or something. Paying for the music you are just giving money to jews. Unless the band funded and made the album on their own dime. Anyone with a record deal is on jew shekels

Not the same at all. If you can create a copy of my toothbrush you can use it all you want for all I care. In the end the morality of pirating is more subtle. If buying something really rewards the creator, and not some copyright holder that had nothing to do with the product and you want to support said creator and you can affor it, buy it. If your options are either pirate it or don't use a piece of software at all, the moral thing to do is pirate.

Piracy is not theft. Theft deprives somebody of a thing, whereas piracy involves producing a copy from what somebody else has. I'm not judging whether it's right or wrong, but it's an important distinction to make.

>If your options are either pirate it or don't use a piece of software at all, the moral thing to do is pirate.

I take it you have never spent countless hours coding an app hoping you might make a few dollars off of it.

Why does it make sense to you guys that if it is technically easy to prevent the creator from being paid, that it is MORAL to prevent the creator from being paid?

Sharing is caring!

>Piracy is not theft. Theft deprives som

yeah, I've read that silly hippy argument 100 times.

answer my earlier point: if they spend 50 million on a movie, and in your moral universe they only make 5000 from the honest idiots, why would anyone ever make a nice movie, waste time writing a book, or a video game, or anything?

I agree that they are money grubbing assholes for the most part, but you are just as full of shit.

You won't know the church's view on it until you ask. Until then do what you know to be morally right in your heart for god knows all your motives and knows when you are lying to yourself and him.

If you bought a book, copied it and then gave the copy another man in ancient times, you wouldn't be considered a thief, because only the material created(or bought) by the creator was considered truly his.
Intellectual rights is a new thing

So many gnostics in this thread with their own private interpretations of theology. The only institution on earth that has the power to interpret theology are the successors of the apostles aka the bishops. Ask your priest.

>not reading the second part of my post
You're making false equivalencies. Just because piracy puts off creators like theft doesn't make it theft. There are two different terms for a reason you moron.

but it's not an important distinction to make unless you want to go to sleep at night thinking what you did was cool.

in your world, if anyone can get a copy of anything and put it on 500 free websites then nobody would ever create anything except tumblr tier garbage.

it has to be illegal or everyone would openly do it. therefore call it whatever you like, but it's a silly argument that people make so they don't feel like slimy thieves.

>copying is not stealing.
Let's say you write a book. You sell that book to Joe for 10 dollas.
Joe gives the book to his friend Jack - who doesn't pay 10 dollas, but would otherwise have paid you for said book 10 dollas.
Now you're 10 dollas short.
Then Jack gives it to his wife, another 10 dollas you'll never make, and so on and so forth.

If you steal from Jews, it's a sin but think about this: Jews killed Jesus, the embodiment of God on earth.

That's why Jews hate Gentiles because they're ashamed they killed the Messiah.

>making wild assumptions regarding my position on piracy because I differentiate it from theft
You clearly know, nor have given serious thought to, anything regarding the law if you don't see that you can't make distinctions between things that have the same outcomes. Murder and manslaughter, by your logic, should be practically treated the same because they have the same consequence any any distinction would just be to help criminals sleep at night (or whatever dumb garbage you come up with.) I'm done with you.

I pirate a lot of anime. (Forgive me, Land of the Rising Sun). For some reason, that never bothered me. I pirated Doom (1995, among other doom-engine games) and for some reason that didn't sit well with me, so I went to Steam and bought it. Is it a double standard? Perhaps. I'm not trying to imply moral relativism, (eg what's wrong for you is right for me) but my point here is if something your doing is making you uncomfortable, then change.
-
I understand games can be very expensive, and their only becoming more so. I rarely buy things on Steam at full price. Wait for a sale, they always come around eventually.
-
God has put a pebble in your shoe. Take it off and take it out.

there's nothing wrong with that.

copying the book and posting it online without repercussions is what is wrong. all the "it's not really theft" idiots are like anarchists in the sense that they can't logically think through what would happen if everyone were free to copy anything and distribute it freely

so now it's murder vs. manslaughter.

bye!

>t. kike

I don't understand your argument because it contradicts itself.
>there's nothing wrong with that.
That's "piracy" in real life - borrowing a CD, or a book for someone else to read without having paid for it is the same as downloading a copy of a book or album.

I don't think there are any enforceable laws for it, and it's a complicated issues, I think.
Honestly, the fairest way is demos. If you like the demo, if you liked the preview, buy it.

WE wuz the web priests.

It's fine my Son; you are forgiven.

You wouldn't shit in a urinal...

Full confession - I pirated a LOT of stuff but as I grew older, I began paying for things I truly enjoyed.
Albums that really stayed with me - I now paid for.
Games that I really loved (Original DOOM just like you, or the Witcher trilogy) I actually bought, albeit at a discount.
I don't know if it's age, or me changing, but I think it moral to pay the artists you truly enjoy.
The ones you don't... at least play only a demo (a few levels) or a few tracks of an album before you decide if you like it. If you do, pay, if you don't chuck it.

>ah yes, yet another kid who never created anything in his life.
>projecting this
it was a joke, you retard

>that if it is technically easy to prevent the creator from being paid, that it is MORAL to prevent the creator from being paid?
What? I literally never said this. In fact, the comment you quoted explicitly denies this.

>moralfagging Christcucks

I pay for spotify and I buy games on Steam occasionally. The only pirating I do is TV shows and movies with Exodus. I will "illegally stream" sports games too, but they are on national broadcasts, just not in my state.

Musicians make their money from concerts, radio play, merchandise and advertisements. They aren't getting rich from their 10 cents an album sale.

You did not steal you comitted copywrite enfringment. Which I think would be a small sin since you just didn't obey the law of the land.

I have to disagree with this. I write software and I put in many hours, and to have someone use it without compensation is theft. The media that is a result of my hard work is irrelevant.