PRO PARIS ACCORD PEOPLE - ENLIGHTEN ME

Please, for the love of god, tell how the Paris accord helps the environment.

Not one person has said how it will save the Earth.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalwarming.berrens.nl/globalwarming.htm
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385?lang=en
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3518691/Third-woman-claims-sexually-harassed-former-head-climate-change-panel-charged-stalking-female-colleague.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement#Ensuring_finance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toads_in_Australia
unfccc.int/files/essential_background/convention/application/pdf/english_paris_agreement.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i am dumb and cant use google

Why do people do this

I come from a research background. When I have a question I look it up.

So, you have nothing.

next

no answers.

Cuz people listen to retards on TV n famous people on the Internet

No Cletus I'm just tired of explaining to you fucking idiots that the Paris deal was a pledge to do better. It doesnt require you actually do anything but it's a symbolic gesture that is held up because of how the country would be viewed on a world stage.

Ratifying countries can independently decide on how to lower their emissions.This is a big deal: previous attempts at a climate deal required that similar measures be adopted by all signing parties. However, because economies, cultures, and nations differ so greatly, a common denominator was hard to determine and, therefore, achieve. Allowing ratifying countries to determine the best way forward for them, individually, galvanized support for the agreement. The Nature Conservancy recently advanced a similar approach through our50 State Strategy.

The fact of the matter is most trump teens have never even heard of it until this year.

The rest of you goobers don't like to believe in global warming because honestly I don't know why. Spite? Some bullshit "don't tell me what to dooo" childish attitude lmao.

road to hell paved with good intentions

>symbolic gesture that bilks billions from US tax payers and stifles it's economy.

It literally doesn't are you fucking stupid

>symbolic gesture

Translation: wow it's fucking nothing

>doesnt require you actually do anything but it's a symbolic gesture that is held up because of how the country would be viewed on a world stage.
so it's nothing

But it does, idiot.

because it's a scam
when australia canned it's climate scientists they reasoned it's because "the science is settled"
why pour billions more into research funds for something that's settled, dummy?
it's the same thing as looking for something after you've found it
knock it off

globalwarming.berrens.nl/globalwarming.htm

"

A degree by degree explanation of what will happen when the earth warms

Even if greenhouse emissions stopped overnight the concentrations already in the atmosphere would still mean a global rise of between 0.5 and 1C. A shift of a single degree is barely perceptible to human skin, but it’s not human skin we’re talking about. It’s the planet; and an average increase of one degree across its entire surface means huge changes in climatic extremes.

Six thousand years ago, when the world was one degree warmer than it is now, the American agricultural heartland around Nebraska was desert. It suffered a short reprise during the dust- bowl years of the 1930s, when the topsoil blew away and hundreds of thousands of refugees trailed through the dust to an uncertain welcome further west. The effect of one-degree warming, therefore, requires no great feat of imagination.

“The western United States once again could suffer perennial droughts, far worse than the 1930s. Deserts will reappear particularly in Nebraska, but also in eastern Montana, Wyoming and Arizona, northern Texas and Oklahoma. As dust and sandstorms turn day into night across thousands of miles of former prairie, farmsteads, roads and even entire towns will be engulfed by sand.”

What’s bad for America will be worse for poorer countries closer to the equator."

They will have no choice other then to move and they will move your way.

then why are you so angry about the US getting out of it if it isn't binding in the first place?

Not the question, Hans.

people can't predict which football team is going to win a game or how GDP will do over the next year
climate scientists are full of shit

"The study assumed a scenario that no policy analyst expects — that the United States takes drastic steps to meet the Obama pledge of a 26 to 28 percent reduction in emissions by 2025."

Hence the bullshit figures that trump is rambling about.

Furthermore you dingle berries love to complain that "oh no my energy prices are going up, help I don't understand operational costs and how green policy effects them, help I'm fucking retarded and complain that I have to pay more to ensure that corporations follow guidelines help help its a Globalism conspiracy"

The only thing Earth needs to be saved from are satanist globalist and their retard liberal retarded minions.

Muh globalism

RIGHT ON SCHEDULE

spoken like a true parasite who doesn't pay taxes

The biggest pollutors in this planet are russia, china and india. If the paris accord does not stop these countries which already produce more than five times the pollution of others like the US then it won't do anything. Global Climate change can never be stopped, only slowed and if we want to be serious about it, it needs to affect the ALL the nations in the world.

>oh no my energy prices are going up
this is literally a de-civilizing force. it's not a meagre complaint.

growth in energy demand is quickly outpacing growth in energy supplied by renenwables. the only sensible option is allowing all forms of energy production.

another, if you believe the CO2 lie is to impose a 40% tariff on all chinese goods.

It means you have to give billions to India, China and Russia so that they can ????.

That's how it saves the world.

Yet they can tell you the weather for the next three days. Its almost as if complex systems are inherently different and it depends on a shit ton of factors if good predictions can be made or not.

twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385?lang=en
this tweet might not be true at all but it's making the tariff solution more and more obvious every day

It appears that the idea is to put extra an burden on Western White men, until they solve everyone's problem. Much like the eradication of smallpox. Everyone in the Third World cashes checks, and carries on.
The agreement is not only about climate, but also about free movement of Third World immigrants. It has caveats.

It's all symbolism with you cunts isn't it.

>complex systems
that's exactly my point. it's not complex as in "it's complicated" but complex in the mathematical meaning which implies a sort of intractability in figuring out how it works.

just like medicine, we need actual empirical evidence to give us any confidence in what works and what doesn't

Did this street shitter help write the accord?
From the country that's allowed to DOUBLE their coal use.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3518691/Third-woman-claims-sexually-harassed-former-head-climate-change-panel-charged-stalking-female-colleague.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

yes and now we're "symbolicaly doomed" kek

trump is the world's best bullshit artist. no one can bullshit him and get away with it

i agree with the pull out of the shit accord. it doesnt do anything to help the environment. puts more of a tax burden on the usa and sends billions of dollars to other shit country.

>The agreement is not only about climate, but also about free movement of Third World immigrants. It has caveats.
can u elaborate please

>the American agricultural heartland around Nebraska was desert
you actually believe it was a literal desert?

The Europeans kill me.
>We have a problem with Muslims coming into the country.
"Oh no we can't tackle that"
>The Temperature of the earth is changing as a result of cycles that have been happening for billions of years"
"WE NEED TO PUT A STOP TO THIS!!!!"

We do have empirical evidence. To figure out how it works you don't need to replicate the system, understanding what changing a few parameters does is enough. Earths albedo and the refraction index of various greenhouse gases for example is easy to find out.

>puts more of a tax burden on the usa

The tax goes up the more you pollute. The more fossil fuel you use, the higher your country tax is

Ah the good old fucking "glass vessel full of gas" model of earth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement#Ensuring_finance

Welp, figured this would be a short thread.

See them tumbling down
Pledging their love to the ground
Lonely but free I'll be found
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds.

>doesn't actually require anything and is symbolic but somehow the U.S. was going to shell out billions to 3rd world shitholes
Wow I'm really pissed we missed out on such a great opportunity.....

>symbolic
>symbolic
>symbolic
>symbolic money

No, atmospheric chemistry has come a long way. The underlying principle hasn't changed though.

>To figure out how it works you don't need to replicate the system, understanding what changing a few parameters does is enough.
you need to seek help, if you change one parameter of a system without knowing what it would do to the system as a whole has been applied in other instances and has had disastrous effects.

Here is an example of implementing something without taking into account what it could do to the overall system.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toads_in_Australia

So then feels over reals?

If you don't follow the guidelines you get taxed. That's the only binding part of this agreement

How hard is this for conservaticucks to get?

"but I don't want to invest in renewable energy the coal industry will save us, daddy said so"

It all accounts for nothing when you can't actually measure sources and sinks of emissions.

I'm sorry, I need to clarify before an idiot misunderstands
The guidelines are set by each country independently, the only. Binding portion of thr Paris agreement is to lower emissions by a significant amount. How you do that is up to each country

that would require that you trust scientists and dont think they are a part of a conspiracy to destroy the US economy by way of global warming. I find its uncommon on Sup Forums to encounter such a person

all the Paris Accord was was a loose agreement that countries would set goals to reduce their emissions, which they hope would slow our progression to an average of 2C above the average temperature prior to the industrial revolution.

Countries were left to set their own goals and determine how to achieve those goals on their own. Trump is full of it that we'd be giving up our sovereignty. We got to determine our own goals and how to get there. But virtually every country on the planet is setting their goals and investing in green energy and other technologies that can reduce emissions.

Boomers in the US on the other hand say fuck it, the world isn't going to go to shit until after I'm already dead anyway, and we've already ruined the economy for future generations, so why not trash the planet too.

So then it's not simply symbolic.

>invest in renewable energy
Nuclear is your only option.

>it needs to affect the ALL the nations in the world.
And it does. China and India have made MASSIVE steps to reduce their emissions, TENFOLD what the US has done in 20 years.

Except the US and Syria. You're the only nations who aren't in the PCA anymore.

Pls explain, why the fuck does USA need to improve its stance in the world stage?

As long as you don't fuck it up with russia, you're alright in my book. Just sort yourself out.

Still looking for those payoffs from all the money that was taken for those "green companies"

Solyndra misled government to get $535M solar project loan

Sure the EU is pissed, even Orban said
>Trump n-NO this will surely cause us lose gib- the earth!!!

>So, you have nothing.

>ask retarded question
>get obvious answer
>jump to unsupportable conclusion

Nice going, OP.

China is pledging to spend 360 BILLION on renewable energy, but again it's all a Globalism conspiracy or whatever.

Environmentalist him in environmental science major I also have a business degree. Donald Trump is right this deal is not good for United States. Countries like Korea for example are allowed to continue colluding with little consequences same goes with China or India. We shouldn't put our country at risk financially . Climate change is going to happen no matter what it's your reversible at this point our best bet is to begin mitigation and position ourselves to pivot quickly towards renewable energy's and I believe this can be done by unlocking the remaining natural resources that United States possesses in order to cumulate well this quickly as possible as well well that was to generate new technology and be a first mover in the new green Economy

So if we can set our own goals and how to get there... why have the Paris accord at all? Why should a global body EVER determine how the U.S. handles anything?

>
>We do have empirical evidence. To figure out how it works you don't need to replicate the system, understanding what changing a few parameters does is enough.

What you just described is closer to presictive modeling of a financial market than it is to science

How typical, environmentalists are asked to defend their claims and respond with:
> hurr go Google it

We are changing a parameter by dumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. What the heck eo you think, that research consists of dumping shit into the earths atmosphere and looking what happens?

So basically nothing that you can't just as well do without an expensive club, got ya. You got nothing.

You don't need a fucking treaty for that. What is it with you cunts, that you assume nothing can be done without lots of bureaucrats attending lots of expensive meetings?

The pay off is that you don't get flint Michigan tier water all over the nation.

What expense Sweden?

Yeah but that's peanuts compared to the pollution they're going to make it besides who's holding Chyna accountable for the spending. US has no balls in the Chinese will rip us off any fucking chance they get

>symbolic gesture
>hundreds of billions of dollars transferred for free to primitive nations
>symbolic

Explain

So if it's only symbolic what does it matter if it's gone?

Which is why most of the countries set much lower goals then the US so they don't have to shell out.

China is covered in smog. That is the elephant in the room.

Can you not google? I do before every point I make. Don't be an idiot

Ok, so you got nothing either, next!

It doesn't. All it literally is is just a "promise" that "we'll try to do better, we'll figure out how on our own"

> We millenials between the ages of 20 and 30 know more than the rest of the human population.

So ? It's subsidized and going to drive their manufacturing. If someone told me they were going to pay for 75% of my next car if it's electric obviously I would. It doesn't make me a nice guy.

Yeah it's really annoying I was in varmint list of fucking idiots who don't know anything about the environment or the fucking business world. The biggest problem with climate change is the D stabilization of ecosystems which lead to mass deaths of important species and subsequent destruction of ecosystem services which play huge role in our Economy for example pollination by bees

Most of the countries also already have lower emissions and are the size of Ohio

>Still looking for those payoffs from all the money that was taken for those "green companies"
usually government inventment in industries is a gift not a loan. Do you think these companies are racking up interest or some shit?

>535M
we give the oil industry more than that every year for doing less and have for a long time, but i know that doesn't sound as good as the evil libtard solar company screwing everyone

Uh no climate science has been around for decades.

>symbolic gesture
150 Billion for the US to pay
30% electricity cost increase
6 Million jobs lost
>it-it's just a symbolic gesture guys r-right?
Kill yourself you ignorant, ass licking beta faggot.

>symbolic gesture

Stopped right there and did 360 out of here.

Paris stuff is just a scam so rich countries give another 100 billions to shitholes so they breed even more monkeys to flood us.

even if it's useless it would have been smart for Trump to get on board. He basically gave the dems some damn good ammo. Expect tons of commercials about this in 2020.

Granted, it's the dems I'm talking about so maybe they'll manage to fuck that up.

Is mad that the energy lobbies refuse to invest in renewable options so green policy effects operational costs for them most.

Dont be a fucking idiot next time and stop complaining the market is fucking you over for not making smart decisions

This is what the left looks like in complete free fall.
Here's what I see is happening.
The left makes all of these "symbolic" gestures and deals that don't actually represent the whole of their countries. When the power shifts during the next election cycle, they get mad that the lie they've been telling themselves doesn't hold.
It's happening with the EU staying together, It happened when Hillary didn't get president, It's happening everytime Donald rolls something back because liberals pushed something with shaky evidence and feels, It's happening to China when they don't get incentives as a developing country anymore, It's happening with Poland since they didn't take refugees like EU wanted, it's happening to Murkel everytime a refugee kills someone, the list is fucking endless.
I don't think they realize they created such massive problems because the didn't have a plan and acted on their best intentions. I don't think they'll get another chance until the problem is on the way to being fixed.

So what you are saying it is worthless and it's at least neutral that we left it.

>stop complaining the market is fucking you over
Found the commie.

Thank you Alex Jones. Keep the discussion on earth senpai if you want to contribute

Is this Leo DiCaprio?
If so.... fuk off nigger.

>all the shariablue shills ITT unironically claiming (((climate change exists)))

Why do that if you're going to export that pollution to 3rd world countries anyway?

Actually we have a sattelite for that. Just hasnt been up long enough. We understand and know the impact of greenhouse gases, it's mute to debate that point. The only question is how big the impact is.

no one even knows what it really is

Demshits are all about spreading the wealth.

You literally added nothing to the topic. Climate changes whether we are here or not, what's your point? You even stated that emissions have to stop fully to even make a dent in the temperature rise, you realize that's actually impossible right?

I sincerely hope you aren't trying to make a case for the Paris agreement with what you just posted.

Totally ignoring the United Nations Green Climate Fund ? That's more than symbolic.

Have you read it ?

unfccc.int/files/essential_background/convention/application/pdf/english_paris_agreement.pdf

So they can just sit back and only try a bit while circlejerking about how great they are and the bigger countries feel the sting while trying to reach their goals.