Trump misunderstood MIT climate research, university officials say

reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18S6L0

It all makes sense, republicans don't like science because they're too dumb to interpret the results.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TCy_UOjEir0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank God the negros and gender studies majors are here to educate us.

0.2C over 100 yrs is bullshit. They can't even predict this afternoon's weather temps to that precision with any real reliability

Here is a great example of republican retardation

>Trump is a retard

Stop the presses!

Here's his take on asbestos

>I believe that the movement against asbestos was led by the mob, because it was often mob-related companies that would do the asbestos removal. Great pressure was put on politicians, and as usual, the politicians relented. Millions of truckloads of this incredible fire-proofing material were taken to special "dump sites" and asbestos was replaced by materials that were supposedly safe but couldn't hold a candle to asbestos in limiting the ravages of fire.

And here an example of an arts major who never took statistics and who's math is limited to summing my meal order and thinking I'm going to tip on tax

Is this post ironic? If not you should pay attention in class next time they cover long term forecasting.

Top kek, do you have a source for this? Asbestos is a top tier product but breathing in enough of the tiny fibers pretty much guarentees a bad death.

Oh no, he arranged the stats to his favor in a different way than we had them arranged in our favor.

P.S. Trump will win a second term, stay mad.

It's from his book "The Art of the Comeback"

He didn't misunderstand anything at all.

He called it out for the bullshit scam it is and this is a sad attempt at damage control for the people too dumb to look up the facts themselves.

There's nothing wrong with asbestos. Mesothelioma is only found in people who smoke and had prolonged exposure to airborne asbestos. It was only ever dangerous to people installing it who smoked and didn't wear PPE.

Not surprising he supports it, it's amazing building materials but he never has to come in contact with it.

ALL BURGERS REPORT TO THIS THREAD

Clearly you do not know how to interpret modeled data - especially given the order of magnitude of these results. Two tenths of a degree!

>Don't like science
>Posted by shills who believe in 78 genders.

The right must stop the climate change denial.

>Trump doesn't understand something

some breaking news right there

I'll never understand how the libs managed to lose to this

of course they're going to say that Trump misunderstood their research
shitlibs consider this the apocalypse and anyone who is seen as aiding Trump in any way is considered guilty of treason
Trump could have cited a scientific study on why the sky appears blue to us and whoever was responsible would claim to have been misinterpreted
it's a multibillion dollar industry of grant-chasing academics

You are thinking of bronchogenic carcinoma and cigarette smoking, not mesotheliomas. Smoking or not doesn't necessarily make it safe.

>no u
Come back after 9th grade science class

Hatred of brown/black people will make you do some crazy things.

Remember when being a Mormon was potentially unacceptable to conservatives because muh Christian values? And now we have the pussy grabber that's been married like three times? Conservatives really do not give a fuck as long as certain populations are getting shit on.

I have a masters in cognitive neuroscience- nothing to do with climate science but I'm likely more intelligent than you.

please explain why the paris agreement would 1) be effective and 2) why renegotiating a more equitable deal is rejected out of hand.

Thanks.

by the way, this guy is smarter than either of us and gives a run down on why AGW claims are not good science:

youtu.be/TCy_UOjEir0

your barking up the wrong tree, niggerfaggot

no one here believes that retarded gommie bullshit

Fuck off and die, shitskin

Go back to school moron.

No, cigarette smoking increases mesothelioma by 12x. There is nothing wrong with asbestos if the installers use PPE and its installed properly. The number of lives lost because we've replaced it with inferior alternatives is probably in the hundreds of thousands.

>Chief among them is the investigation by Dr. Irving J. Selikoff, former director of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine’s Environmental Sciences Laboratory, and Dr. E. Cuyler Hammond, former vice president for epidemiology and statistics of the American Cancer Society, who showed that nonsmoking asbestos workers died of lung cancer seven times more often than people in the general population, and whose calculations suggested that asbestos workers who smoked had more than 90 times the risk of dying of lung cancer as men who neither worked with asbestos nor smoked.

>Statistics

No fucking way you took statistics in collage if you think that predicting climate trends is comparable to weather forecasting.

Fuck off, Juan.

Daily reminder that all "climate science" is created using economic models that economists use to predict the stock market. Look at how accurate those models were in 2008. Nearly ALL of them were wrong.

This is nothing but a Jewish conspiracy to destroy white Gentiles.

> Enforcing the law and sending back people who are here illegally = shitting on them.
Libshit logic

>collage
Failed art major confirmed.

>cognitive neuroscience
>literally has a masters in psychology made to look 'scientific'

ROFL

Climate change is a ruse to blind us from the real problem pollution. Causes cancer skitzophrenia shorter life spans for the oil jew.

>interpret results
>2/5 of 1 C in 100 years
>costs America billions and makes us responsible for any failings
>14 days of China running at full capacity will wipe out this small gain.

Yup, so stupid.

Google numerical modeling after you take my plate. I'm finished thank you.

Aww poor baby. Did you get shit on?

What part of it was "misunderstood"? He pretty much quoted their findings. If it's inconvenient to your cult... tough shit.

Hoping he was beaten by police.

I fucking LOVE when Trump does this. How are the liberals still falling for it? Holy shit man.

>purposely cite a number incorrectly
>media pounces to cite his error and the correct number
>the correct number if actually pretty close to what he cited and still fits whatever adjectives he put all around it

I'll admit it. I was against Trump's pulling out of this until I learned MIT reserach said it would only possibly help such a small amount. I learned this just now, thanks to the liberal media.

This right here is 4d chess.

There is nothing wrong with a lot of things if they're used properly but that is almost never the case.
Proof of the danger of asbestos was surpressed for decades, it wasn't handled, or installed properly in many cases and that has caused thousands of people to have their lives ruined.
I am not saying not to use it but it shouldn't be used in housing, schools, etc. It's not worth the risk to exposure.

I recommend that you try to nominate a candidate who isn't a sickly, corrupt, uncharismatic, drunken old woman (or just not a woman desu). Then you wouldn't have to worry about stupid Republicans doing anything. But no, you had to have Hillary, and now it's too late.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: WHY AREN'T I 50 POINTS AHEAD!

The only people who got hurt were the installers who didn't wear PPE. There's nothing wrong with it.

Just like niggers killing niggers
>CNN with breaking news, Trump said it's almost 90% blacks killing black, but in reality the FBI data says it's only 86.5% !
>drumpf BTFO haha, number much lower blablabla

They never learn.

You are a dumb nigger this accord does nothing to fix climate change

Just like the un was going to usher in world peace!

Global solutions work !!! /s

"Sea level will rise between 1/2 inch and 25 feet"
>Marvel at the precision of my prediction of your DOOOOOOM!

we know this accord is bullshit because the whole deal would fall apart if the united states were the recipient of the proposed economic benefits of the deal

and tell MIT if people cant understand their research then they need to go back and rewrite so that people can understand it

I have a PhD in chemistry and I agree with neurosci guy

I strongly disagree with that statement. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say that that viewpoint is incredibly narcissistic. The eyes of the world aren't focused on brown/black people. In fact, no one gives a shit. The people are worried about jobs, healthcare, and other things that directly effect them.

People are simple and selfish, and vote out of their own self-interest. I've talked to a number of Trump supporters and that was why they voted for him. Not some fucking obsession with skin color (you're projecting there, by the way).

Pic related. Most people are at the bottom rungs. Promise them the basics and you're suddenly speaking their language. I'm convinced that one reason the dems lost is that they didn't do this at all. Like you, they're focused on the top rungs, and as such are completely out of touch with the majority of the population. Though he's full of shit, Trump did a far better job at speaking the people's language. Embarrassing shit for the left.

global warming is an enormous scam.
the left wing wants to loot trillions from the economy with carbon taxes, and then use the money to design and build a utopia for themselves.

And they didn't have ppe because research was surpressed that showed ppe was necessary and that asbestos instillation needed to be changed due to the danger the fibers possess. It's still not worth the risk, im not sure what your point is

>predicting? =/=
>forecasting?

cum on at me m8. I'll bite

t. stats postgrad

>not worth the risk
>completely safe when PPE is worn

Nigger, what are you talking about?

Trump is right on asbestos. All of the research test subjects worked in the asbestos industry in the 70s. In those days, industry used very little PPE and most workers smoked. The studies failed to control for PPE and smoking. Asbestos is perfectly safe for the general population in the consumer setting.

>1 post

Clearly you never took statistics either. Jesus christ kiddo kill yourself.

hes talking about the process of ripping it out
which is dangerous

there are millions of homes across the country with black glue used
in vinyl flooring that only when disturbed by pulling it out causes the asbestos to be released, which is why if you have a floor with black glue
the installers will tell you not to remove it and instead just put down new vinyl over it

So everyone who uses the building has to wear ppe? A single person being exposed to fibers while using the building is more expensive than replacing the asbestos with another material in construction.
It's not worth using it in 90% of the cases, just because it's installed properly doesn't mean there aren't risks to users

It's still in millions of homes today. It's completely safe when it's not airborne, which only happens during installation.

And what percentage does land subsidence contribute to that anthropogenic climate change induced sea level rise range?

>It's completely safe when it's not airborne
this. i've got an ahera inspector and contractor/supervisor cert, even i wont be exposed to anything that will give me cancer within a reasonable limit (like 1/1,000,000)

if you think you have an asbestos ceiling/insulation/texture, just odnt fuckin touch it

But he didn't misunderstand that Dow Jones hitting a record high AGAIN

That's true, it is probably above/below me right now.

>he thinks he took statistics
Hahah

kill yourself shill rat

>reading comprehension

You are assuming he even read it. You are assuming he even could read it.

Would you say it is more difficult to predict how many people will be in a city on any given day or how many will be in a 2x2 area of a public park?

Kindly reflect upon this. Then Fuckoff

Asbestos is only deadly when broken up into it's fibers. When it's solid it's fine.

Stick to the mixology behind the bar and don't forget to smile.

Global warming alarmism is nothing more than new-age pseudo-religion. It's nothing but a rebranded Apocalypse from the Revelation to John. It's unfalsifiable garbage. It's believers see it as the end of the world unless you all repent to absolve your White Guilt while also making sure to pay carbon-tax indulgences to the cathedral. And god forbid you question anything about the narrative, or you'll be burned at the stake like the heretic you are.

The whole thing is set up so that it can't be proven wrong. 50 years can pass without any of their predictions coming true, and they'll still come up with SOME WAY to argue why your lying eyes are deceiving you, and that the apocalypse is truly right around the corner.

Data scientist here.

Want to have some fun with simple stats?

There are approximately 235 voting age citizens in America.

62% of them voted in the 2016 election. This is approximately 145 million.

Hillary Clinton bested Donald Trump by approximately 65 million votes to 62 million votes. This is approximately 127 million. Or 54%

But what about the 3rd parties? Jill Stein received less than 1% of ballots cast in 2016. Gary Johnson, 3%. McMullen less than 1%

Approximately 5% of voting age Americans voted, but didn't vote for president. Let me be clear on what this means.

Roughly 10 million Americans in 2016 went to the ballot, voted for mayor, governor, state representative, associate water bureau director 3rd district, etc .. then got to the presidency and said "aaahhhh, fuck it" and either wrote in Mickey Mouse (or Bernie Sanders lol), or, they simply left it blank.

Another 90 million decided not to go.

100 million Americans, people who clearly dislike Trump, rejected her outright.

God damn boys that's like 1/3 of the nation!

That's how she lost.

climate change is a great excuse to put yet again a committee in charge to collect taxes and monitor activities outside of it's nation

kindly chug bleach faggot

Common core math

>University official cannot comprehend someone reached a different conclusion with the same unformation and is as convinced of his truth as Christians are of gods truth and therefor claims Trump misunderstood the officials

Also if you think the solutions offered in the Paris Agreement lead to less global warming and climate balance when run through scientific models (as in not the UN's own which has a lot of speculation on shit that never happened or might never happen) all you know about the Paris Agreement is 'some countries signed it and someone on tv told me its good for the environment without explaining why'

>Data scientist here
>worthless faggot that couldn't write coherent code

If you're a "data scientist" you'd know that you can only even begin to make a claim like that if you also look at the trend of "people writing in bullshit candidates or leaving it blank instead of selecting one of the options" over time, across all elections. That way you'd be able to see if there truly is a spike in people "throwing away" their presidential vote. In addition, you'd need to demonstrate that all the people who chose to throw away their vote would have otherwise voted democrat had they not done that.

Paris agreement had nothing to do with science and had everything to do with extorting money from the US to give to Merkels lovers.

While your writing code is serving drinks to me and your girl

MIT: we dindu nuffin

Trump adheres to the philosophy: "I already made up my mind, don't confuse me with facts'

Interasting. Guess that's what happens when you force a candidate

>Someone who understands the way Trump walks was able to read the tea leaves and decipher Trump didn't understand it

>only fuck with black women
>only competition is from SJW faggots and swaggits
>mfw

Jij bent kanker. Flikker.

Not an argument.

America leaves Paris Accord causing the ice caps to melt and flood coastal areas populated mostly by libshits...

I have a PHD in both Psychology and Pharmaceutial science.

I spent my twenties and thirties listening to the gripes of today's liberals, I can not share it with you but rest assured they're first world problems that don't exist outside of the safe space the first world can provide.

They're a shining example as to why a permanent welfare state is bad and the majority of their problems are the result of a lack of population control.

I voted for Trump because he makes the spastics screech loud. I re-opened my practice and put my research on semi-hiatus just to make some quick bucks on triggered lefties who can't cope with the trauma of living in "Trump's America."

Most of them are commies and I'd love to give them the firing squad. On two occasions this year I have had to contact law enforcement because of mentally ill sickos plotting to do something criminal.

>"If we don't do anything, we might shoot over 5 degrees or more and that would be catastrophic,"
>might
>article fails to say why trump was wrong just that he was wrong
people think this is enough evidence

Trump is not stupid.

I think he thinks it's real but knows that if China and "developing nations" don't do anything then it doesn't matter and it's just a globalist-backed scam. He says it's fake just to piss people off and to pander to Evangelicals.

a better definition would be "it's not really a problem when it is bound to its matrix"

That god we have STEM grads to explain things so that the GOP can ignore it.

You can tell how true this is because of the butthurt it caused. Trumpfags should hang themselves

What's with all the libtards here?? Post sources faggots

>stem grads are Democrats

WEW

Funny that you brought this up. I don't have the link right in front of me but Google is our friend.

I remember reading an article in December that in the state of Wisconsin alone, the number of people who dragged ass and went to a voting station, but left blank presidential selections, grew from like 45,000 to 180,000

This is just one state and I'm trying to remember the figures like I was Rain Man or something.

But yes, it's a good point you make and yes the trend suggests a significant spike in 2016 voters not voting for president

Im stem and I think clean coal is beautiful. Coal needs to be brought back asap

>Would you say it is more difficult to predict how many people will be in a city on any given day or how many will be in a 2x2 area of a public park?
>Kindly reflect upon this. Then Fuckoff

The 2x2 (unknown units, meters? Feet? Inches?) with an answer of 0 is much easier to predict accurately.

The city your prediction will never be correct, only direct measurement will give an accurate answer.

So what is the efficiency of coal power plants when compared to, say, wind turbines?

Keep in mind that the GOP leadership allowed trump to use them as a platform.