>a board of NEETs believes they're smarter than 97% of world scientists

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Is-there-physical-scientific-proof-that-Jews-were-gassed-to-death-in-Nazi-concentration-camps/answer/Damian-Graves
youtu.be/8qhUTH8BLOs
globalchange.mit.edu/sites/default/files/newsletters/files/2015 Energy & Climate Outlook.pdf
youtu.be/SSrjAXK5pGw
forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/
forbes
archive.is/6gupM
friendsofscience.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice redtext

((((scientists))))

the same amount of """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""experts""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" gave trump a winning chance of 1% and guess who's president of the usa today faggot

world:0
Sup Forums: every point ever to exist

>an american believes the media

really makes you thinks

>97% of world scientists

[citation required]

But I guess an agreement that allows China (who produces twice as much "carbon emission" as the US) and India (who produced half as much) not being required to curb their emissions at all while the US is required to curb theirs by more than 25%, while also promising billions of dollars from the US to China and India was going to save the planet.

Anyone who believes the 97% meme is a fucking idiot.

>tfw to intelligent for 97% of scientists

Science is just a meme. Do you also believe the Earth is round? Stop being an ignorant sheeple.

So what if a pack of trillionaires decided to fund a project that could alter the climate manually?

97% of scientists think the Holocaust is real. I guess that makes it so.

how many genders do these scientists believe in?

HOLY SHIT WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!
(((SCIENTIST))) SAY THE PLANET WILL GET 2 TENTHS OF A DEGREE WARMER BY 2100!!!
HOLY FUCK ITS HAPPENING!!!!

I've been reading Leviathan to my son. It's just okay.

We were drawn in by the excellent European map renderings. The story doesn't match their impressiveness.

Actually it's millions of cucks convinced that 97% is a real number but are too stupid to look it up themselves. True story.

97% of climate scientists, not all scientists.

also related
The most popular media promoted "consensus" was created by a cartoonist which was based on an earlier hack job.

>Mar 20, 2014

fuck off you revisionist asshole. no one here gave trump a chance. we wanted it more than anything but very few gave him a chance in hell. also equating accepted science with political polling is retarded

These are the same scientists who assert that race is a social construct.

The 97% meme is, of course, a myth. It's more like 1/3 don't believe, 1/3 don't know, and 1/3 think humans actually will destroy the Earth due to climate change. But with the amount of scientists that have come out saying their data was wrongly manipulated to fit political/special interests really makes me think

>muh 97%
Get fucked

Funny, because 97% of the world's scientists work for a plucky band of billionaires and oil companies.

>no one here gave trump a chance
>accepted science
i'd point you to reddit, but i think i know where you came from already

>But with the amount of scientists that have come out saying their data was wrongly manipulated to fit political/special interests really makes me think
source?

great argument

>no one here gave trump a chance
>ignoring how Sup Forums said Trump would win over Rust Belt whites the Democrats were alienating
Have your (You) and fuck off

Please link the list of 100% of the world's scientists.

>4 out of 5 dentistist recommend

I love how readily they treat a shitty hypothesis as religious doctrine based not on any real understanding of the natural systems involved or hard data, but instead on consensus and authority. Real children of the enlightenment they are.

But at Evergreen State University, where I went to school called the subject political science. Explain.

>97% of scientists included in the survey because of their outspoken climate change religious beliefs.
Fixed that for you.

Wasn't it 98% last time? Have 1% seen the light?

Heh just like Bill Nye is a (((scientist))) right?

>Who loves climate?
>I DO I DO
>Sugar-free climate?
>I DO I DO

That's absolutely untrue. 97% conceded that carbon has some effect on the atmosphere, to what extent or whether it's objectively negative is not agreed upon.

>scream at Trump since the day he announced he was running for office
>slander him with every possible untruth
>be part of a demographic who votes 99.99999999% for Hillary
>break down into histrionics when he wins
>continue lying and screaming hysterically about everything he does or doesn't do
>expect him to ever listen to your opinion on policy

wew fucking lad

What the outrage mob refuses to accept is that yes, we should all be lowering our emissions to fight climate change, but the Paris Accord was still retarded as fuck and it's a good thing we left.

>got his information from leftist propaganda that has since been debunked

Huh.

first off this board is mostly law enforcement

second off /pol is always right

got a problem with that white boi?

>136459▶
>((((scientists))))

/thread

Wasn't it 34%? The vast majority refused to sign it.

You are almost there bro let me lead you the rest of the way take the ultimate red pill

quora.com/Is-there-physical-scientific-proof-that-Jews-were-gassed-to-death-in-Nazi-concentration-camps/answer/Damian-Graves

Absolute horseshit.

Yeah, they are essentially just trying to flip the industry and retain power.
They hate off-grid and want to jam everyone into cities.

Know the boner about bicycles?
That is NOT about the environment in itself but about the ability to jam more commuters into a smaller space... and sell them centralized energy for their homes/workspaces.

great buttmad about hillary losing

if the average scientist is like shill nye the (((science))) guy i can positvely say, yes i am smarter than that

Exactly, scientists are a bunch of nerdy faggots with agendas. The earth has been getting warm so they equate it to humans and think the solution is to stunt societies advancement.

The earth has been getting hot and cold for fucking ever. I'm sure when the ice age was ending the native Americans thought it was due to new corn shits

Fuck off "science"

The climate IS changing, it always has and always will. We're on the verge of a new ice age too, but I think the main thing that people are disagreeing with is the notion that humans are the cause of it.

This subject has popped up because Trump pulled out of the Parice Climate agreement. People are claiming that it's because Trump doesn't believe climate change is real, even though the agreement itself was complete bullshit and that's why he really pulled America out of it.

youtu.be/8qhUTH8BLOs
>intellectuals

I have always heard 97 get thrown around. Can't remember ever hearing 98. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people saying 98 percent, but I think its just as likely your are mistaken.

>3% of climate scientists respond to a survey
>97% of them agree that global climate change is man-made
(((97% of scientists concur)))

When did Trump say he pulled out of the climate deal because he didn't believe in it? Jesus FUCKIONGSDJIHOFOISDKH CHRIST, I am getting tired of these brainless CUNTS. He promised he'd protect American jobs, this is doing just that, these taxes would kill American jobs. If Americans don't like this reality they should have considered voting for Hilary instead, the dumb CUNTS.

Funny you said that b/c yesterday our electric company sent out a guy to change our meter to a new digital one that is suppose to help them go green.

Read it yourself. The countries contributing the most emissions will only agree to do so for financial compensation. I say we out sanctions on the countries or send in military instead.

Link to MIT study
globalchange.mit.edu/sites/default/files/newsletters/files/2015 Energy & Climate Outlook.pdf

>When did Trump say he pulled out of the climate deal because he didn't believe in it?
Pretty much every time he talked or tweeted about climate change he has said it wasn't real or it was a conspiracy.
Seriously, how the fuck do you just block out reality like that?

The energy used to extract resources, manufacture, ship, and install those meters would never be repaid before they break. It's a scam.

They want to use those as an excuse to charge people more money.

Imperial truth right there brother.

Death to the Jew (((experts)))

Death to their henchmen the nigger

On all fronts the Paris Accord is the most retarded thing penned by a Frenchmen.

First off, it's more a political spiel than a scientific document. Go read it, it goes on about LGBTQ+ rights and niggers in Nigeria.

Secondly, it gives Exemptions to China and India until 2040 - using a bogus "developing country" argument despite China being the second largest economy and THE largest producer of CO2 emissions.

Finally - let's say that Scientists haven't consistently exaggerated Climate Change since the "Global Cooling" nonsense in the 1970s.

Let's say that if we don't follow the Paris Accord we'll all die horrible horrible deaths and get chased by blizzards like in the Day After Tomorrow.

The document is ENTIRELY SYMBOLIC, meaning it doesn't actually do ANYTHING to begin with.

It's LITERALLY Virtue Signaling and a tax scam, and you don't have to be a pill mill scientist to realize that.

youtu.be/SSrjAXK5pGw

Yeah, when I was growing up the classic meter houses have lasted 30+ years.

I would go one step further and insert the word potential in front of climate change. Funny how if you are ok with making an effort to reduce our environmental impact, but don't believe that an apocalypse is around the corner you are considered a evil science denier.

>niggers in Nigeria
Is it racist to call a nigger a nigger in Niger?

What the fuck are you talking about.

>97%
What fields of study were these scientists picked from?
What were the questions given to them?
What level did they agree/disagree?
You can't just throw bullshit numbers into the air without a goddamn source and expect people to go along.

Science is either 100% or nothing.

>all the butthurt in this thread

It's not even that much. The number was derived from the percentage that even responded to the question "is climate change anthropogenic?" The vast majority did not respond and if the fraction that did agree it was something to be countered, 97% said it was anthropogenic. Most of these weren't even climatologists. I'm looking up the proofs, I'll find it here in a minute. Consensus is not how science works anyway and that's the actual anti intellectual problem now. I know the meat doesn't spontaneously make flies because I can repeat the same experiments and get the same results, not because we all agree it doesn't.

I don't know man. For the US election we had Nobels, media, Hollywood, artists against us, essentially the top of the crop of communication and they lost.

CLIMATE SCIENTOLOGY IS THE EU STATE RELIGION
THE USA REJECTS YOUR FALSE RELIGIOUS CULT
KILL YOURSELF OP!!!

>be scientist who finds evidence against the narrative on climate change
>try to get grant

good luck w/ that. It's hard getting a grant to say nothing is happening. A lot easier to get money for telling ppl the sky's falling and world governance will help

Here's a normie level overview of why it's crap like "1 in 4 college women get raped".

forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/

Please remember to archive. Thank you.

>forbes com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong
archive.is/6gupM

It's possible. Everywhere outside Western Europe and the Anglosphere.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. You fucking retards have your heads so far up your asses. Digital meters don't save an appreciable amount of energy (but the analog Vs digital is more robust and efficient). It allows the company to transition to a smart grid that has the capability of matching output with demand.

Your levels of paranoia and retardation are exactly what I would expect from a Trump cock sucking climate change deniers.

I have far less first-hand experience there, but I imagine you're right. I always wondered how dark-ages happened--how humans could just all agree at the same time that they were going to ignore truth for the sake of dogma, and do it with a straight fact. Seeing the modern state of climate science, I don't wonder anymore.

Trump has also said he would like to see efforts made to clean the air and clean the water. He isn't 100% against initiatives that improve the environment. Its also just his style to say something "outrageous" like climate change is a conspiracy to get peoples attention. Especially if we are talking about tweets. Its unreasonable to expect him to provide a lot of policy details in 140 characters; however, he can easily get peoples attention with a 140 character shit post. Climate change agreements like the Paris one are a scam/conspiracy. I am ok with trying to reduce our environmental impact, but the Paris agreement is not the way to go about it.

Like anyone bitching about the US pulling out has actually read the Paris document. Like you outlined, China and India being exempt for over two decades is the biggest red-flag there is. If these people were truly concerned about carbon emissions and truly want to make a change, they should be calling for mass genocide instead. Anything less is merely posturing.

>can't throw numbers into the air without a source and expect people to go along.
It's been working well so far.

friendsofscience.org
Start reading.

What's wrong with Forbes, guy? They're pretty balanced and not clickbait. Why would I shill a two year old article?

Trump even threw the ball in the liberals' court by telling them he'd be willing to come to a new agreement that isn't unfair bullshit that just fucks over US industries.

Of course, they won't fucking do that, because the whole goddamn POINT of the paris agreement is to cripple first world industries while siphoning donation money and industry over to the 3rd world. But the point is that these people bitching about DRUMPF IS GOING TO KILL THE PLANET should try to come up with a real solution.

China wants billions of dollars to start reducing their emissions by 2030. They're considered a fucking developing country under the agreement, which allows them to get so many shekels. It's a scam.

Wasn't the "97%" of scientists only 79 people? I recall around 8000 - 9000 scientists were asked, over half didn't give any reply on the issue and around 3000 did (didn't say what the reply was). Then they took 79 out of the 3000, 77 which agreed about climate change caused by people, and 2 which disagreed. Then paraded the 97% meme which we see today.

I wish I saved the image.

It lost the popular vote?

That's a really good summary of all the pieces we already knew

yes, the 97% lie was discredited by the first researcher to look at the same dataset.

Uh, how is this even related? I thought all new electricity meters were digital. And they force you to replace meters (both electric and water) every few years anyway, at least here.
It really depends on the country. In some places you'd be shunned for genetic modification research, in others for disagreeing with the climate consensus. It's not like there's a country which is so open-minded that it permits everything, there's always some political agenda pushing on science.

>doesn't realize that half the scientists asked to respond declined

New hire to shareblue? Welcome to pol. Have some redpills

These scientists are like stans dad in southpark
>climate change
>cue "oh i know what im talking about im a geologist

I got you senpai

Yes good goy get all your opinions from facebook infographs *rubs hands together*

>there's always some political agenda pushing on science.
This is what normies can't believe because they don't want to accept it. They think science is pure knowledge. HAH politics begin between lab partners and spreads from there. There is not a single step between science and you that isn't tainted by politics, except maybe some pure physics research and the like.

Yes good goy get all your opinions from the jewish media and talmudvision

Corporations and billionaires are overwhelmingly in favour of it though. Once again the lefts greatest enemy is the working class.

They shat out a bunch of surveys to "scientists" across the board. So there are two problems
1) The stat implies we're talking about CLIMATOLOGISTS when in reality, it just means literally any scientist, in any field, who may or may not know a single thing about the climate. It's like asking a physician what they think about astrophysics.
2) the design of the survey is flawed, because it relies on response bias. The people bothering to respond are going to be the ones who care the most, ie, the believers.
3) the survey used a rating scale that was basically saying "on a scale of 0-10, how much do you think humanity contributes to global warming?". Any answer besides 0 gets counted as "scientists agree in global warming". Even if you only score it a 1 and think it's a very slight impact.

it's like playing with legos, sure you might be capable of building something nice, but only if you have all the legos.

You mean 97% of 40% of scientists contacted that replied?