Vikings were more developed than you think

Why people shit so much on Vikings?

>They had the biggest fleet in Europe at that time
>The Vikings were skilled sailors and developed a new syle of ship called Lonship
>They had on their knees numerous kingdoms all around Europe
>They established colonies and kingdoms in England, France, Russia, Italy, Spain and even in North Africa
>They were great merchants, they had a big merchant fleet. They trade with Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Vikings were active in the slave market. Many Vikings got rich off human trafficking. They would capture and enslave women and young men while pillaging Anglo-Saxon, Celtic and Slavic settlements. These “thralls,” as they were known, were then sold in giant slave markets across Europe and the Middle East.
>Vikings were known for their excellent hygiene. They bathed two times a week, more than other Europeans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22cOnz4JJlM
youtube.com/watch?v=fTlmrAh1oHI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poltava
celticnz.co.nz/VikingNavigation.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ireland_(800–1169)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's mainly the 'muh enslaved and pillaged ancestors' part that gets people a bit miffy.

I agree. People just think of them as barbarians rather than competent sailors and merchants

>An accurate historical representation of what a Viking looked like

/his/ has an autistic feud with vikings because vikingboos used to spam the board. Meds and anglos shitpost about muh snowniggers.
I don't know anyone else who even cares enough about vikings to shit on them.

Because a lot of other people around Europe saw them as a threat and pests really. I for one think modern Europeans still think they where nothing more than thugs and dont deserve the hype and admiration they get in the media. I for one think they are great Hail Odin! ...oh and KEK of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=22cOnz4JJlM

They also raided monasteries, castrated the monks and sold them to muslims as Eunuch slaves.

They were basically rogue trades with no sense of nationalism or ethnic unity.

I don't care

>vikingz were one nation
wow m8

I am a proud viking

Aztec Empire vs All the viking kingdoms

Who would win?

>lonship

kys beaner

where? Either side would lose outside of home territory.

Oh please. Only the ones that got sea sick went off at Faroe's, the real vikings continued to Iceland.

So basically like the Swedes of today except assholes. You know, I don't think I quite mind modern Sweden's situation anymore.

I never noticed people shitting on Vikings. You can't blame a society for slavery when it was part and parcel of the times they lived in.

>didnt accomplish great feats of engineering
>didnt achieve great things historically
>never established world encompassing empires
>did not produce world enthralling culture

The only real claim to fame for scandis is making stable and happy societies which they now want to destroy because of memes of tolerance, diversity and neoliberalism.

Wrong, those that didn't know how to navigate the seas when to Iceland.

The archbishop of Habburg and Bremen Rimbert (801-888) tells the story of invasions made by Swedes and Danes in Courland. First Danish raiders assembled large army of ships and landed on the shores of Courland. The Curonians gathered a large resistance force and defeated the Danish invaders. They took half of the Danish fleet, gold, silver and other bounties. The Swedish king Ulaf decided to take advantage of Danish failure and sent an army of his own to outmatch Danes. They managed to land unnoticed and attacked the fortress of Zeburg (Ezerpils), they razed it down and pillaged. Overjoyed by their victory they left their ships and gone deeper into Curonian territory. They besieged the fortress of Apulia (Apole) but met heavy resistance. After eight days of bitter fighting the Vikings were desperate and scared by the inability to take the fortress. They looked for god’s that may help them by making a sacred lottery. When it turned out that none of their gods wants to help them, they wanted to flee. But their ships were too far away and they risked to be completely annihilated in the bitter chase by the Curonians. In this moment of despair some merchants who were Christians told the Christ may be the only hope. Again they took the lottery and find out that indeed Christ is willing to help them. The Vikings again attacked the fortress and the defenders were looking for peace talks. While the most eager fighters wanted to destroy the fortress completely, their king decided to negotiate. The Vikings took 30 hostages and gold and silver.

Monks and priest of a jewish cult one of is.... they where right to enslave them, their holy land was in israel and not their home cuntrys, they where all traitors to europe

sure thing, and doing trade with the muslims was somehow not treacherous to europe?

Also oden sucked cocks for magic and was Gay as fuck.

They actually had the best swordsmithing techniques in the entire old world, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTlmrAh1oHI

we did invent the cheese cutter though.

>Dumb Amerifat thinks Europe is a country episode
Just die

>didnt accomplish great feats of engineering
Longboats were a great feet of engineering.
They were the best sailing boats in the world at the time.

Also Vikings invented the magnetic compass, which together with the longboat allows low risk crossing of open sea.

>>didnt achieve great things historically
Founded Rus, Found the kingdom of Sicily, made Normandy important which in turn later invaded England which turned into the largest empire ever.
>never established world encompassing empires ^^
>did not produce world enthralling culture
Sure but that's because our population has been very low always.

Sweden's empire crumbled after the great northern war because of one battle en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poltava
We had crushed the Russians far worse several times during that war than they defeated us in the battle of Poltava, but our low population didn't allow us to get new soldiers.

They made plenty of engineering advances. The Sunstone, for instance.

celticnz.co.nz/VikingNavigation.htm

You're welcome.

Responding to a norwegen that used it in the same context. You conveniently ignored that though.

WTF is a "Lonship"? Is that spic slang for being a virgin beta?

Yeah thanks for Dublin, made a nice addition to the country.

Not to mention the fact that the Normans are Vikings that got Normandy (Norman - north man) from Charles the Simple in turn for protection. The descendants of Rollo took the throne of England (William the Bastard) as well as other Normans (De Hautvilles) founded the Kingdom of Sicily after pushing out the Byzantines and Muslims as well as founding the Principality of Antioch during the first crusade. So in fact the Vikings were instrumental in the evolution of European history after the rest of the Vikings faded from prominence.

they were good soldiers but their culture didn't last long

>They also raided monasteries, castrated the monks and sold them to muslims as Eunuch slaves.

you know, the monks writing about the vikings is one of the rare instances where history is written by the losers. it was just a bit of banter, the monks shouldnt have taken it so seriously

They got btfo by the Irish.

They were shit soldiers whenever they faced a competant army.

Their specialty was raiding lightly defended villages. Shit even us Irish drove them out and took their settlements. (Dublin and Waterford)

Which is funny because a thousand years later Christians are still eunuchs.

You saying it's false? You know the source about slave trading comes from the muslims. Anglos had no idea where people would get shipped off to.

And we'll do it again if another Danefag decides to sail ashore!

Christians are eternally butthurt about everything.

If it wasn't for the monks a lot of antiquated history would have been lost.

But you welcome shitskins with open arms potatocuck.

What's the Viking version of Blacked? Because most of you Euroshits And Amerifats have some percentage of Viking genes.

>Vikings were more developed than you think

Where i stoped reading. Like for real.

I don't, maybe the faggy hipsters from Trinity and UCD do.

>Varged.

Ayoo hol up
*smacks lips*
U is a weeek ass potato nigga, we americuns is REAL whites, mang

The magnetic compass is Chinese though.

no, that's a wierd myth created by some literal jew. the origin of that myth stems from what the norsemen thought of magic

basically, to be a mage, you would need to don a long cape (like gandalf and dumbledore in modern fantasy). doing this kind of magic rendered the caster helpless and weak, which was seen as very unmanly. the reason the norsemen didn't think odin was femenine for doing this was because he was the epitome of masculinity.

this is why mages in norse society mostly were women. i think the misunderstanding comes from what people would call men who practiced this magic, "ergi", basically a fag

You didn't read my link like the retarded snail molester you are.

We wuZ VIKANGS!

One of those buildings will collapse when snow piles up on its roof. Guess which one.

I had the DNA test and am100% white, which holds true for the majority of American whites who are less miscegenated than most Euromutts at this point in history. Also, if I were supreme leader America would have the most effective eugenics program in the world.

maybe but the varangians were good and loyal mercenaries, when dirty crusaders sacked Constantinople the last fraction that defended the city were them serving till the end their imperial oath which was to stay loyal and die for the empire.

Anyways many of them back then were actually anglos but who cares they faded quickly at the appearance of christian cross.

What's the building at the top?

the norsemen never were kicked out though, the norse city-states just got absorbed and intermarried with the irish kingdoms, who later got btfo by the anglo-normans

hey, did you know that icelanders are almost 50% celtic because of all the irish slavegirls?

WE

I hope this is a joke. That longhouse is a recreation because there is no original log houses that lasted to this time. While the italian building has been around for centuries.

No one here welcomes shitskins with open arms a d no one other than middle class virtue signalling cunts on social media want shitskins in our country.

And probably this Viking legendary ships are not even Viking

Also in Scotland. My clan's progenitor was actually Norwegian. So in effect I'm a Viking rape baby.

Vikings you stupid spic

Longships are just one type of many ships, I don't got the name of all the types, they have not been found, I'll make a list but it will take some time, as it's spread all over, often detailed explained.
>It was the ferrari of the day
Draker (Dragon, longship type)
Skute
Snekke
Longship-snekke, big and broader than a dragon
Knarr, trade vessel

Just to name a few.
>It's all christian propaganda, we got all the history
>As stated 6 million times, we don't share history or worldview with your roma-christian centric one

Why would we be comparing technological achievement of Rome to the technological achievement of Vikings after the fall of Rome?

Everyone in the West were shitting out their guts at that point.

norse-gaels were based, they got the gallowglasses and shit

>hey, did you know that icelanders are almost 50% celtic because of all the irish slavegirls?

I had the impression that icelanders were the most original descendants of vikings. But after reading some dna test I realized they were mixed with celts and other mainland NW euros.
Do you know any group other than irish that settled in Iceland?

You keep proving your ignorance. It must be hard to concentrate what with Achmed banging your mom in the next room, right?

Doesn't suprise me, you bring a handful of Norse to Ireland of course the Irish are going to be the predominant populace.

and the vikings are dead

>huge ass project from 1732 vs a house
You wish you had homes that comfy.

Fontana Trevi, Roma.

Name the Italian building lol

There wasn't many Norseman here to begin with and very little evidence of Norse DNA here and blond hair is very unusual especially in men. The Vikings controlled very little territory here and the troublesome ones were kicked out.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ireland_(800–1169)

>live in a single house with ten other families that don't bath

no thanks senpai

I don't see how that relates to my post.

So it's from 1762

Sweden also had a renaissance, you know

mainly just norwegians, celts and norse-gaels. genetically, icelanders are practically just norwegians, just with more celtic influence

Not entirely true, the Irish clans west of Dublin staged many raids.

Vid vorum vikingar.

>gallowglasses
That's new to me; looking it up. My clan was likely Border Reivers.

Trevi Fountain built in 1762

You have no ethnic unity because you have 15 ethnicities. You think that all white people are the same, your whole country is mixed and you believe in a sandnigger religion. The only bad thing Vikings ever did was letting the Jews make us Christian.

>You will never live in the KANGZ era

Exactly but multicultural loving fruitcakes use the Vikings and Normans to say that the native indigenous people of Ireland no longer exist because we mixed with Vikings etc and this is completely untrue and very little Norse DNA in Ireland and same with Normans too.

How about 1000 B.C Balkan?

picrel

It happened already and but not enough made it to the Americas to colonize so they made interbread

Probably better off, I don't want to die from some gut rotting disease.

>tfw my local Sons of Norway chapter larps as Vikangz

I wish I was autistic enough to join.

could've posted something a bit more ancient

America is going to Balkanize and it will be spectacular.

They bathed more than once a week, which is more than amerifats apparantly.
My dad rented an apartment in some gated community once and he couldn't move in for a week because everything was literally covered in shit from the last guy.

Yep, also mostly occured on the East coast as well which leaves a lot of indigenous Irish untouched.

Gallowglas were based as fuck and a king where I lived married a Scottish Gaelic princess and her dowry was 10,000 gallowglas.

Norse society was weak from the start. Constant infighting and eagerness to plunder your selves and your cousins.

The monarchy of Gustavus Adolphus is a much better thing to aspire to then viking savagery.

You know there are some theories that the rulers of the Roman Empire were Nordics who traveled south in search of adventure.

i think we can agree that Scandinavian is not about making - easy to like- visual pleasing artifacts and art. our biggest visual artist was Edward munch that made the painting "scream" which looks horrible and is about existentialist crisis, our music export is varg vikernes. Its an acquired taste. Same goes for long houses and long boats, they are supposed to be scary and intimidating / depressing i think. its another aestethics

>oden sucked cocks for magic
I fucking hate philistine cucks such as yourself. There is no such record