Orange is the New Black, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Prison

I'm sure at least some of Sup Forums is familiar with the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black.

For those who are not, the series focuses on a minimum security women's prison in up state New York that eventually becomes a privatized part of the United States' prison industrial complex. While I could talk about this aspect of the show, what most bothers me is how pleasant this show presents prison.

Based on the men I've talked to before that have been incarcerated, prison is a boring experience where you have limited free time outside of your cell and/or cell block and most of your limited time is spent alone reading, exercising, sleeping and sometimes, just trying to avoid fighting and/or rape.

At Litchfield, the women's prison in Orange is the New Black, however, women are free to come and go throughout the prison yard and their bunks, visit friends and loved ones, both visitors and fellow inmates, carry out consensual sexual relationships with other prisoners or guards, play games, exercise, garden, do yoga, bake, read, drink alcohol, smoke, do drugs, visit the showers during non-peak hours for longer beauty time, visit a hair salon, watch TV, etc. There are exceptions, but these seem few and far between.

I know that anyone who has watched the show will mention many of the bad things associated with prison, such as the lack of privacy, potential for abuse, etc., but the series portrays prison much more like a camp. The series does get tougher for the main cast, they still get to enjoy much of the same luxuries above, despite their hardships.

What does Sup Forums think about women's prisons, our understanding of their operations, and or their depictions in media?

What religion is the creator of this show?

Google.com nigger

>Kohan was born to a Jewish family[3] in Los Angeles, California

As someone who spent 3 days in a cell for something I didn't even do, I don't understand how the fuck normies can find this shit entertaining. 3 days is enough time in jail for me, I don't need to watch a bunch of dykes parading around in jumpsuits

every fucking time.

My gf and I fall asleep every night to Netflix, and when I wake up in the morning there's always a nigger woman pointing at me from the Netflix screensaver.

Unsettling senpaitachi

EVERY
FUCKIN
TIME
!

she's dominican op pic related my waifu

I was in prison once

>police takes me to dungeon
>it's more like an old garage with the exits bricked up
>there are no cells, just a large common space
>it was late so every one was sleeping, on the ground obviously
>had to tip toe around trying not to step on people, there were at least 400 people there
>in one of the corners the prisoners had made a fire in a old, rusted fuel cilinder and had formed a circle around it to warm up
>there wasnt enough space to sit down so I stood nearby and introduced myself
>the guys were very cold and missed their families
>fell asleep eventually
>next morning the cops called my name and took me to the judge who gave me a court date and let me go home

no te toqueteo ningun negro de casualidad?

No, se exagera mucho con el abuso sexual en las carceles

porque te metieron en cana, si se puede saber?

What did you do?

/thread

You guys are all commenting from a men's perspective. Let's focus on women's "prisons".

lel in my day the top prison drama was OZ

truly society has degenerated

riƱa en la via publica con consumo de alcohol

what a coincidence!!!

Fucken nailed it

I got drunk and attacked someone in the street

pure coincidence

I think watching a guy piss on a TV show is pretty degenerate.

>I'm sure at least some of Sup Forums is familiar with the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black.

I love this show. It's just about a bunch of shitty woman who do shitty things and then suffer the shitty consequences of their actions. It's great. There are actual consequences to their actions.

>As someone who spent 3 days in a cell for something I didn't even do, I don't understand how the fuck normies can find this shit entertaining. 3 days is enough time in jail for me, I don't need to watch a bunch of dykes parading around in jumpsuits

All the prisoners in the show deserve to be there. They are stupid asshole criminals. I love seeing them suffer the consequences of their actions. Everyone gets what is coming to them.

Depends on the prison.
Maximum security in a cell 23 hours a day, get 1 hour in a rec yard, and 15 minutes to shower and 15 minutes to use the phone. In lighter security prisons, this show is pretty much what happens. They get TV's in their cells, video games, board games, sports equipment, gym equipment, gymnasium, any class they request, any religion they request, they get jobs inside the prison- laundry, kitchen, maintenance, and road crews, Jails have work release (to where they can work at a normal minimum wage job (mcdonalds, applebees, etc) while being in jail, The prisons offer trade schools, GED, and college classes. Most prisons do allow inmates to move freely throughout the facility and into the rec yards, only maximum security do not. The minimum security federal prisons appear to be more like community centers.

>the moment cindy finds out jewish food

since that moment the show improved. was actually funny

That shit happens, somebody sees religious diet and decides to convert in jail/prison for the different food. In real life you have to log every time mudslimes eat during Ramadan. if they eat anything before sunset, they are took off the religious diet they request.

OZ is the best prison tv serie, prove me wrong if you can

Orthodox Jews are generally fine though. I had an Israeli math professor and he was extremely conservative.

>Jewish
Wait
WHAT?

that's what i'd always heard, that minimum security prisons are practically just adult daycare. no rape, no fighting for the most part, just people sitting around and busying themselves for years.

My wife loves Jailed Gashes. Next season starts a week from today.
Soon I will yearn for Death's sweet embrace.

It's actually cohen, one episode of weeds has the actual name

Sounds more like a police station cell than an actual prison

This, it always gets to me how libs talk about how we need to rehabilitate. Nigger, we do try to rehabilitate but they've been shitbags for decades before the prison gets ahold of them. Can't break the habit for everyone.

wtf how do I commit a minimum security life sentence crime?

move to norway and shoot up a bunch of liberals on an island

Porridge

Is bullshit and nothing like prison.

I don't get it. What's that pic supposed to mean? Implying the portrayal of the women's prison is a reflection of how it was in a concentration camp? That's the only way I can think of for it to make sense.

This kike isn't responsible for women's prisons being this soft. Only making a show showing how soft they are.

Tv lied to me about marriage too

Whats the end-game? Making female prison not feel so bad to raise their crime rate?

>posting kike television shows on Sup Forums

Kill yourself.

>most of your limited time is spent alone reading, exercising, sleeping and sometimes, just trying to avoid fighting and/or rape.

Other than avoiding butt rape, that more or less describes my life today.

Uncle Adolf didn't go far enough

Well it is (((Netflix)))

Every
Fucking
Time

Set your tv to auto turn off after 4 hours asshole

I was in jail once.
>Arrested, taken to local PD cell for a few hours.
>Transferred to larger county jail (Miami)
>Literally 50 people crammed into a 15x15 cell.
>Only one toilet.
>Whenever someone needed to shit they would say sorry because everyone can see and hear it, no walls or barrier around the one toilet
>People sitting on floor and standing, no room
>In this cell for hours until you are processed (prints, mugshot)
>Once processed they xfer you to the main part of jail (a big ass area with bunk beds)
>Sit in bunk bed area for hours
>Get meal of hot dog (no bun) and baked beans at like midnight
>Bailed out a few hours later for $500 USD
>They give me my phone back and wallet, battery on phone died. No way to call a cab or family.
>Hitch ride with a person I don't know who also just got bailed out going in same direction (south)
>Get within a few miles and walk rest of way home
>19 hours in total

For a fucking DUI. Oh and jail didn't feel scary or anything, it was just fucking boring and you feel hopeless. You just stare at ceiling and want to die of boredom and regret.
Honestly the other inmates I found friendly/cool, made a couple of acquiantences for those hours. Another young guy who was in jail for the 10th time. I told him I'd never be back. He said "everyone says that"

This! After one night in jail, I can't watch those jail or lockup shows anymore. Makes me depressed.

Are you fucking serious?

>Another young guy who was in jail for the 10th time. I told him I'd never be back. He said "everyone says that"

Sounds like it's working as intended, making degenerate criminals like yourself stop wanting to commit crime. Good. Hope you learned your lesson.

Gross.

>For a DUI
Yeah, drunken assholes kill people behind the wheel. 19hrs of boredom isn't shit for that you faggot

WELL COLOUR ME SURPRISED

sos un degenerado bldo qe haces aca arre

You missed the point. He means all the repeat offenders say that and they are all still there.

I.e., he was saying I'd be back. Lol.

*Didn't kill anyone
Even on the night of my drunkenness I was still a more productive US citizen than you on your best night :D

found the nigger

easily the hottest girl in the show

I was in the prison mental health hospital for two years, it was pretty comfy, had an xbox in the pod, showers in the cell, a tv in the cell, two tvs in the pod, light switch in the cell so I could control when lights went off and on and we were let out late at night after lockdown

I stopped watching it when the lesbians started kissing in the shower. A lot of dudes think that shit is hot, but I've always thought it was gross. I've had my share of degeneracy, but anything gay has never done anything for me but cause slight revulsion.