People employed in coal industry: 51,000

People employed in solar power industry: 260,000

Tell me again how this was about jobs.

Other urls found in this thread:

flowcharts.llnl.gov/content/assets/images/energy/us/Energy_US_2016.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemper_Project
youtu.be/Uvt0Ytvv4XY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much energy does coal produce and how much solar?

>leaving the agreement doesn't hinder solar in any way
>staying in the agreement hinders coal

Woah

Coal is much higher

How does it hinder coal?

Hint: It doesn't. Coal is already dying. And there's no more reason to save it than there was to save horse breeders and caretakers when the automobile was invented.

OP, what part of the Paris Agreement do you think was most important? I don't really know much about it -- can you tell me how it worked?

OGGUBY DEMODATS

flowcharts.llnl.gov/content/assets/images/energy/us/Energy_US_2016.png

It's about pissing off globalists.

Meanwhile, normal people momentarily feel slightly less ashamed about all the times they, too, have butt-dialed, and otherwise go about their business.

If we tried to stick to our plans to reduce carbon emissions by 20%+ it would absolutely hinder coal. There's no enforcement of it, but it would cause bad headlines

how efficient is solar power, faggot

>solar roof

>takes 30 years to break even with a shingled roof

WOW

65% of the US's energy comes from fossil fuels, predominantly coal. The US has coal reserves to last it well over 300 years even as consumption increases over time.

We agreed to a limit on carbon emissions by a certain date worldwide to help curb climate change.

Not only is this good for the environment but it spurs huge growth in alternative energy sectors, allowing jobs and cheaper energy.

so the president can regulate businesses in international agreements that are not passed by any other branch of government?

Maybe you haven't heard but most of America's coal plants are severely outdated and in need of remodeling, and most of them don't bother. It's cheaper for them to convert to and to operate with natural gas.

Look it up, no joke.

I wonder of Joe and Mika publicly apologized and bent the knee to that tubby fuck for roasting him about Trump supporters being racists.

30x output with one fifth of the laborforce
wew thanks for the gibsmedats government

The solar industry required massive government subsidies to get off the ground.

If alternative energy is so great, then it shouldn't need government intervention in order to grow

>unironically believes in coal power
Sad!

the electrical bill of a business is higher than the one you get at home every month. it's actually incredibly huge depending on the size of the business. those costs go up and the business will relocate, stop hiring, or pass them on to the consumer. the consumer may choose to buy a similar product made overseas in a country that isn't penalized like the US would be.

it's not entirely about jobs in those two industries. why would you think that?

coal is fucking stupid
Anyone can swing a pickaxe for 70k in some mountain holes. These people are dumb and can't be retrained. just let them die out and let the new energy technologies to fill the market.

Cost of Energy matters Shill.

What was wrong with spending tax dollars on a means to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, which they've already admitted is a national security concern?

How do you figure that? We've invested so little time developing the technology that there's plenty of room for it to improve, like anything else.

Sweet, I'm still not hearing any good reasons to be in the accord

>reduce our dependence on foreign oil
except our money went to countries that paid nothing to until 2030 to continue going over the limit

Irrelevant to my point, but sure. Coal power has been around for a long time, there are better fuel sources out there, I couldn't possibly argue that

Just like the coal industry gets?

Really makes you

You're right, which is why coal plants are switching to propane and natural gas.

couldn't be bothered to upload the image faggot?

Yep.

Should have posted the picture directly.

This ridiculous green religion these fucking druids preach. What a fucking joke.

Your grandkids will be praying at the Mosque, provided you don't get run over by a truck, but let's all worry about a 0.01% increase in CO2 over the next century. Completely retarded.

Neat. So what was the limit for each country? I assume all countries were the same? Or did the heaviest polluters like China agree to lower theirs by more? Who's paying for it, by the way? I guess that's the heaviest polluters too? That'd make sense as the fair way that would be in our interest.

How was this enforced, by the way?

what alternative energy would you consider "cheap"?

>a jew against coal-burning

WHAT TIMELINE IS THIS?!

The shariablue shills are spamming up heavy tonight. Kys faggot

You're asking these questions as if there's a big gotcha here that I'm going to reveal and look stupid. Except there isn't. Anyone can go read the details, it's not a secret.

Natural gas. Which is why coal plants are converting to it, because nobody wants to deal with coal ash and parking areas for hundreds of train cars of coal.

Here have a (You) leafbro, thanks for the kek

Because if alternative energy is so great the private sector can pay for it to be brought up to standard with other forms of energy.

That's the perfect place to let the people raise the money for it and watch it fail because the effiency of solar energy alone is only something like 18% effective as opposed to coal.

>rejected energy
is that the vars portion of the complex power or something else?

Solar panels have been around since the 50s and we've been researching solar power for as long as we have nuclear. Let's dump our research money into something we know works.

shitty government subsidized jobs that barely accomplish anything vs private sector jobs that generate a ton of productivity. solar power jobs are fdr-tier counterproductive bullshit. no point in wasting resources and labor until we figure out how to utilize and harness power from solar as effectively as we can with coal.

That's because your retarded government destroyed the coal industry.

The solar power industry is pathetically inefficient and it's a waste of resources.

How many of those 260,000 jobs are assholes calling me asking if I want to switch to solar, manning displays in Home Depot asking me if I want to switch to solar, or stuffing evelopes and sending me junk mail asking me if I want to switch to solar?

It's thermodynamics - basically you don't get efficient conversion of energy to the end use. Most is wasted as heat.

>if space travel is so great then why does the government need to fund it?

I can make a hundred irrelevant arguments of this nature. Government funding is not a boogie man. It's called progress.

That shows how little you know. Solar technology has improved leaps and bounds since the earliest forms.

Im not contesting the fact that solar has improve, and that there is room for it to improve still, however compared to nuclear (similar length of RND) it has proved to be a far inferior power source.

could this be considered a clever argumentum ad populum?

Ahh well I know energy is lost as heat as it travels but I wasn't sure if it meant the imaginary portion of the triangle since that is also useless.

for once I agree with a canadian

I find it amazing that nobody really knows what's in the terms of the Paris accord yet they're all chimping out about it.

Besides it doesn't even fucking matter if burgerland manages to cut their carbon emissions beyond the targeted amount, China and india don't give a flying fuck about the accord and they'll just continue to spew carbon (or shit in the case of the Indians) like it's going out of style

>people employed by mechanical trench digging industry: 6,000,000
>people employed by spoon trench digging industry: 6 gorrillion (10^6000000)

I'm not arguing against nuclear power, but it has obvious problems.

You're looking at the net power undrawn. We can't even build multi-terawatt capacitors for consistent use yet, so the vast majority of electricity "produced" is as useless as arbitrarily turning on additional coal furnaces during a lull

Yeah, the details are that the heaviest polluters like China and India have standards that are a pittance of those imposed on the US and Wester countries. And Western countries are the ones to foot the bill for all the shitpoor African countries. And there's zero way to enforce it. So all it is is moving money out of Western (read: WHITE) countries into poor brown countries, with NGOs taking their cut of course.

It's not about the environment. It's about wealth redistribution and third worldism while allowing the Jews and academics to skim off the top.

If you actually want to stop global warming, petition for ceasing all aid to Africa and constructing tariffs against China. Overpopulation and artificial industrialization are far bigger contributors than Joe-Bob's pick-up truck.

i used to go to the most expensive power plant they just built in the US. its not like coal is dying.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemper_Project if anyones interested.

>literally free energy from the sun
>can power thousands of homes with little maintenance
>waste of resources

They call you leafs for a reason.

The majority of electricity produced in the US is from coal fired power plants

Maybe if we just put a few more government sheckles into it we would have those problems sorted out by now
dumb nigger

Outdated coal plants that are slowly being converted to natural gas, yes.

The Paris agreement was literally just that, an agreement. Companies voluntarily abided by it, and they still are abiding by it despite the announcement.

What Trump did was 4D as fuck, look at all the attention climate change and air pollution are getting now. He enraged the leftcucks and now they won't stop until third world hellholes stop polluting the white man's earth.

I hope you climate change deniers are actually right. If climate change ends up being wrong, we've lost some money. If climate change is real, we'll lose a lot more than that.

Answer me this: do any of you climate change deniers ever momentarily consider the possibility that you're wrong? Because that scenario is not a pleasant one. You think the Syrian refugees are bad? You ain't seen shit yet.

>literally free energy from the sun
Well, no.

>People will continue to rely on and defend a rapidly depleting and non-renewable resource that harms the enviorment because "tradition"
Humanity was a mistake

Maybe we would. And we should remove tax exempt status from churches to pay for it.

t. guy who has never owned a solar panel(s)

Actually, if you're talking about reactive power, it's a little different. If your load isn't balanced, you can lead or lag. The main problem with that is that your generators have to generate more power to deliver real power to the grid. It makes any inefficiencies even worse.

huh?

What was Obama's presidency about?

Completely destroy Lebanon, Libya, Iraq & Syria, while negotiating with terrorist like Iran & giving them half a Billion under your nose.

While you eat up Hollywood propaganda & Love when Lady Gaga gets half naked on half time?

Who cares what goes on across the world?

It'll never come back to haunt you.

Literally yes.

"Free energy" is obviously misleading since it relies on fusion in the sun, but that's not going to run out in our lifetimes. So for all intents and purposes, it's free.

>do any of you climate change deniers ever momentarily consider the possibility that you're wrong?

Constantly, which is why we don't need to do things like set up surface temp probes in asphalt heatsinks and fabricate north sea thermal data which doesn't exist

I think the bigger issue is not switching to nuclear.

it kills two birds

>1: reduces greenhouse emissions
>2: triggers enviromentalists.

Except China doesn't have to do shit.

So the single biggest polluter - the one with pollution so bad you can't go outside without a mask - doesn't do anything.

Shitlibs say they care about the environment, but the truth is they couldn't give a shit. They just want to virtue signal.

If you care about the environment, why are you pushing for expensive environmental regulations in rich countries without any rules on what happens in poor shitholes like China?

Obvious result: all our manufacturing has moved there, to a place with no fucking rules whatsoever on dumping pollution into the air. So asshole liberals pat themselves on the back for how great they are, and how much they care, when really all they did was export all our pollution for a bunch of poor brown people to deal with. Hint: your feels don't matter, the results of your policies do.

If you cared about pollution, you'd put tariffs on Chinese imports until the goods had to be made in a country with actual environmental laws.

But you don't give a shit. You just want to suck globalist dick, watch old Captain Planet reruns, and play around on your iPhone made by slaves in a country with no environmental laws at all.

Lets stop paying niggers to shoot each other and do drugs instead

Coal isn't "dying" because coal suddenly stopped producing energy. It's dying because it's becoming politically incorrect to use as energy. Which is a stupid reason to cut ourselves off cheaper electricity.

youtu.be/Uvt0Ytvv4XY

Three birds actually since it also kills FAR fewer birds than solar and wind.

>hillary has a let them eat cake attitude towards an entire industry of laborers

>butthurt and defeated liberal finds the amount of workers on wikipedia "see, its not even that big!"

you don't even understand what is was about

trump sold the country out to personally enrich himself

>So for all intents and purposes, it's free.

Except construction, materials, non-renewable solar elements, maintainance, wear and operation, amirite?

A coal plant doesn't strictly need rare earth metals, all solar tech currently does, in forms that are more expensive to recycle than to fabricate from raw ores

he literally just asked a question
you are the one who's sad

>tesla solar roof

>costs $$$$$$$$$

>breaks even with shingled roof in 30 years

E F F I C I E N T

>t. someone who knows nothing about American Energy Needs

SHILL THREAD

RAISE ACT: LIMITS IMMIGRATION TO THE US FROM 1,000,000 to 500k!
GET THE FUCK IN HERE FAGS!

>almost word-for-word rhetoric that he probably got from the GOP website

CHY-NA

That's another stupid political meme. We're still pouring millions of tons of coal into fire and burning it on a daily basis. You can't build a power plant over night. You can't kill coal jobs overnight. You literally can't damage a power industry from peoples' feelings.

What's killing it is that coal isn't good. Natural gas is better. It's cheaper. It's cleaner. Smaller plants. Less coming in, less going out. A win-win for the power industry.

They literally killed coal themselves.

>rob "hollywood pedophile" reiner

And lets not forgot that those green energy companies are subsidized and paid for by the government. Meaning they're not actually good at what they do, since they can't produce a profit on their own. They're literal wastes of resources.

KEKED

>Which is a stupid reason to cut ourselves off cheaper electricity.

Which the Chinese will not imitate, who will still buy coal, which will still need to be mined etcetcetcetcetcetcetcetcetc

Rob Reiner is alive???! I thought he got jaw cancer and died like two years ago.

Shut up, Meathead.

Which ones? Hertzeg boilers are offline more than online. They just don't hold up.

>What's killing it is that coal isn't good.

No, it's the tax tarriffs and CO2 emissions fines, user. Take those away and the industry is ready to boom.

How much energy is produced by coal VS solar. When do the krauts switch over....fag.

>alternative energy
>cheap

>Refutes none of it.

We get the Social Justice News Hour in Canada and I have no idea why anybody gives a shit about these two panelists for them to deserve their own segment.

Your time writing high school-tier opinion pieces doesn't qualify you to talk about policy any more than a kid delivering the paper it's printed in.

>Oh shit, I don't know what the fuck to say to this because Stephen Colbert didn't tell me

China is the single biggest emitter of CO2. And it's because we sent all our factories there. How the fuck are you going to solve global warming if you exempt them from the agreement?

Look at the satellite photos, for Christ's sake. They're covered in smog. The entire fucking country.

Globalist morons let all our manufacturing get shipped over there, and now a bunch of cheap crap gets made with no rules on pollution. But hey, pat yourself on the back. You made the rules really tough back home. You "cared," and that's what counts.

>not counting the hundreds of thousands of jobs associated with hauling, processing, and exporting coal
You're a fucking dumbass. Plus as someone who's worked at a "green" company before I can tell you that most of them just suck grant money before dying

>mentally ill fatass trying to act like he has any moral high ground