Is this the most redpilled book of all time? Everyone needs to read it

Is this the most redpilled book of all time? Everyone needs to read it.

>depicts both types of human society taken to their extremes; a hypersurvivalistic tribalist society to whom religion is of absolute necessity for maximum social cohesion. The other a superimperialistic civilized society to whom religion is manufactured behind the scenes to control and manipulate the masses.

>predicts that a fervent theocratic empire will emerge after milleniums of a technocratic dystopia that its denizens at the time thought was a utopia. Sizeable portions of mankind become degenerated and devolved due to technology performing all tasks, including thinking. Technology is ephemeral and makes humans too reliant and dependant, resulting in degeneration. Religion and spirituality coupled with unforgiving environments assures cohesion and discipline. It forges the hardest men.

>resources(the spice in the human imperium, and water on Arrakis for the Fremen) and services(translight space travel monopolized by the spacing guild) represent the commodities on which human society is completely dependent: a commodity for which factions will struggle to control with unrelenting fervour.

>everything is from the perspective of the high elite, the biggest players in the imperial powergames. The plebeians are but pawns in their endless conflicts. Civilization is but a self-perpetuating collective organism of strife,
mass deception, betrayal, war, mass manipulation and exchange of power and resource/service monopoly.

The first book came out in the mid 60s and featured a tribal desert peoples that are lead by a prophetic messiah in a literal galaxy-wide jihad to convert the population of the empire, eradicating religions, slaughtering and sterilizing entire planets for their messiah.

two things

it's basically just a rip off of 40K

the sandworms are a (((metaphor)))

Fuck off with (you)r low effort post

Isn't 40k a board game or something?

>Sizeable portions of mankind become degenerated and devolved due to technology performing all tasks, including thinking.

Wow you clearly did not read the book. Thinking was the ONE thing that technology was not allowed to do. In order to prevent another Butlerian Jihad it was strictly forbidden for any machine to emulate thinking. That's why mentats existed, they were human replacements for computers. Paul had been training to be one, it was a major plot point.

Most of what you wrote indicates you didn't read the books either. Where are you coming up with the idea that mankind had devolved into degeneracy in a technocratic dystopia? You're literally just making that up.

>post yfw the spice is sandworm poop

there was an obvious allusion to oil = spice, especially with some white guy being the messiah for some sand niggers and various games of power being played by each faction.
obviously the reason that its good sci-fi is that it speaks of flawed human nature even in the abundance of technology

I've heard all of this before.

The most red pilled book cannot be fiction

Nigger that's what precipitated the butlerian jihad

Dune is just a spongebob ripoff anyways

I think he was thinking about the Harkonnen, who really where transhumanist degenerate fucks.

All of Frank Herbert's books are good. He knows how to wield our archetypes. Check out God Emperor of Dune.

also wasnt dune written like a decade before warhammer?

he's talking about what led to the butlerian jihad

Two. Warhammer 40k first came out in 1987.

I'm referring to the backstory of Dune. Events that occured milleniums before the events of Dune, back in a time when thinking machines were crucial to human society and caused an unprecedented decline as well as a machine crusade. I think its you that never read the books.
I've read the entire series apart from what his son did. God Emperor of Dune is definitely an essential read. Truly fascinating, original stuff in that book.

>post yfw alcohol is the poop of micro-organisms.

I don't think anyone will disagree with the observation that Dune is the LoTR of scifi.

Both are insanely redpilled, not because they support ideals but because they are literary works of art with heart and soul put into everything. Both authors are experts on their fictional world and everything makes sense within their universes. It invokes true thinking in the reader, and leaves an impression upon them that can only lead to self improvement.

How's this for a twist?
Mix Dune and LOTR and you get Star Wars.

Dune is one of my favorite book series.
If you goys want another good series to read, its historical but its very entertaining and redpilled, read the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough

those repeating 7's dont lie.
read it.
spice, the main currency in the series can be compared to money or drugs or w/e.

well done snownigger, all hints taken up
Frank Herbert is a self-assumed weirdo though
I mean the God Emperor is a huge worm.
>a real God Emperor looks like pic and has a powerlevel of over 40.000