Should we pump more money into sending humans to mars?

Should we pump more money into sending humans to mars?

Other urls found in this thread:

orionsarm.com/fm_store/TerraformingVenusQuickly.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=2zaIy1TARPE&index=4&list=PLIIOUpOge0LufQYxcfYVqcVQOFOHFynMl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope, lets just keep pumping money into feeding niggers.

so you agree

Yes, Germany start your mars program, soon you are going to run out of space with all these refugees coming in, you will need more lands.

No. There is no point in going to Mars, other than to be able to say that we've been there, and done that.

Just imagine new world without jews...

Yes, we should have colonized it by now.

People are never going to live on the moon, mars or whatever.

All those missions from the past and future are indeed very impressive but aside from the knowledge and the non-stick-pan it's a waste of money.

You don't know that

Those planets are not sustainable for living. We will always need supplies from the earth.

only if no niggers go to mars

we should pump more money sending humans to concentration camps instead

if elon musk was so goddam smart he'd stop wasting time with rockets and build the space elevator

>we
the only thing you're pumping is Achmed's cum out of your mother's puss

They have lots of different material it is just a question of technology to make living on mars self sustainable.

The one on the right should be titles "Muh Dick", with a picture of your dick.

user is right
Colonizing a planet will never happen. There might be a lab or some temporary habitants but we will not be able to have independent colonies.

>not sending all of the shitskins, niggers and kikes to an uninhabitable planet
The world would be so much better then.

FUCK YEAH WE SHOULD

anyone who says otherwise is a faggot

No we should pump money into sending niggers to the sun

Hell we can even convince them they are immune to any danger WE WUZ STARS And sheeeit

cmon

the space elevator is a meme

t. cointelpro

I wonder if the Mars thing is a meme. Think about it Sup Forums Have the goys get mars started, only the elites go to mars after it is established. Chemical weapons all over Earth. Wait for all the goys to be dead, have two planets now! Oy Vey!

it's a sci fi concept that doesnt make any sense

yea, only whites though

we need a white utopia

the earth is lost

No, what's the point? Just a prestige project. There are plenty of things to fix on earth.

no, we should pump money back into my bank account because the government already takes enough of my money as it is

nothing to fix here

earth will be full of afrians and shitskins in a few generations

its over

>but muh racewar

no, nothing will happen

just a slow death, we need to gtfo here

retarded argument since there will always be shit to fix on earth

mars or the moon will never be habitable. "we" aren't going anywhere and you know it.

you're going to need to watch your spending now that you are the leaders of the free world you're going to be needing to give a lot of it away to poorer countries

Well, there's no way of making a self sustaining Mars colony in just a few generations anyway. So might as well try to fix things here after all.

We could literally terraform mars and venus with our current levels of technology.

i know, but germany hasn't done jack shit to spaceflight anyway except for giving birth to wernher von braun.

save us.

Sure, but right now there is a LOT of things wrong with society. And not just the migrants or even the moral decline of the west.
And that was just half of my point. What's the benefit of pumping money into a Mars colony?

venus is probably best bet long term and we need to start thinking about it soon as muslims are slowly taking over the west, it might be too late if we wait

Oh, goddammit. I missed the launch today at 5PM because I was taking a nap. The next one from SpaceX isn't for another week and a half :/

It does make sense, but it requires making the biggest cable ever made out of carbon nanotube from the surface to a geostationary platform which alone makes it impractical.

No, humans must first colonize anctartica.

Lolno we couldn't.

only if it's all jews.

orionsarm.com/fm_store/TerraformingVenusQuickly.pdf

1. Ensuring the survival of our species
2. Improving the quality of life on Earth
3. Growing as a species
5. Demonstrating political and economic leadership

In my opinion, there is no more convincing way to demonstrate American leadership for the remainder of this century than to commit to a permanent presence on Mars. It will bring the country toghether in a great adventure and the west can further isolate itself.

Nonsense. Just watch *all* the videos from My Favorite Autist. (His Fermi Paradox videos are top tier)
youtube.com/watch?v=2zaIy1TARPE&index=4&list=PLIIOUpOge0LufQYxcfYVqcVQOFOHFynMl

This, we can't even colonize Antarctica, we're not going to colonize any other celestial body anytime soon.

send all the niggers there
its a one way ticket

Should post this

That would be pricey. We would need a space elevator or launch loop first

its worth every penny

I think we should pump more money into healthcare.

Pic unrelated.

If it has sunlight, it's colonizable. Even Venus' upper armoshphere is suitable for colonization.

A launch loop could be done for a few hundred billion, and then sending nigs on one way trips into the sun would be hella cheap. Doing it with rockets isn't feasible.

>dude we can totally like, do planetary engineering and shit
This is a nice theoretical paper and a nice thought experiment, but nothing more.
It's like you are not realizing the scale of all this shit.

why on earth would anyone want to colonize antarctica?

atmosphere*

>What's the benefit of pumping money into a Mars colony?
It represents getting some of our eggs out of the one basket they're currently in.

venus is far, far too hot and will only get hotter, plus it doesn't spin fast enough and the atmosphere is way too thick

b-but muh wall

>everything has to work immediately or else it's bullshit

with that logic evolution is a hoax. we do have the technology, we're doing it on earth already. All you need to do is pollute the atmosphere with greenhouse gasses and blow up the poles with nukes. we could get pretty damn far in a couple hundret years, and that's nothing to scale

Because it's land that is right there, and infinitely more livable than any other planet.
Picture this: we cant even have self sustainable settlements there and you niggers want to terraform Venus and Mars right now.
It's hilarious.

you didn't answer the question.
>why?

Biggest problem with venus is that it doesn't have any hydrogen, like none at all, unlike Mars which still has a lot of water trapped underground. Once you find out how to transfer large amounts of hydrogen between planets you might have a shot at actually terraforming the damn thing.

>non sequitur followed by nonsense
It's like cavemen arguing that they could raze the himalayas because they invented the shovel.

1. Only if the Mars colony can become 100% self sustainable. Considering the risk of our extinction and the cost it would take to do that it's not worth it, not even close. In fact, i doubt it's even possible to have a truly self sustaining colony without terraforming, wich is impossible unfortunatly.
2. By pumping money into a black hole into space? That would do the opposite of improving life here.
3. Means nothing. Sounds like lefty talk.
4. You skipped it.
5. Means close to nothing. People would be slightly impressed, but at the end of the day it's the most inneficient way of demonstrating leadership. You probably don't quite comprehend the cost of this project, and that people care more about palpable things than some abstract idea. It would only demonstrate a lack of touch with reality.

You didn't even read it, Achmed.

We don't have the tech to remove most of venus's atmosphere, make it spin faster, or physically move it farther from the fucking sun

I never said it should be done, i'm saying that it makes a lot more sense than colonizing another planet.

Don't even send them to a planet. Do a Hitchhiker's Guide and just put them in a ship, point it in a direction blast off and forget about it.

no we literally already know that most of our solar system is useless, especially mars

fuck mars

just go to europa and drill into the ocean

or send a probe to alpha centauri

I skimmed over it Tyrone. I was already laughing my ass off when it was suggested to builda geostationary mirror that could cover half the planet or so.

Mars has it's own problems, like the lack of a stong magnetosphere which allows solar wind to strip anything but trace atmosphere from the planet. Underground habitation is totally legit though and probably quite sustainable in the polar regions once we have workable fusion tech

You don't need fusion when fission is lighter and cheaper and easier to maintain

You have to go back, Achmed.

All a lack of magnetosphere means is that terraforming will require maintenance.

It's not like the solar wind strips away the entire atmosphere overnight.

>waaaah why don't they take me seriously
Fucking nigger.

Only if proposed inhabitants will be rapefugees, assorted African "migrants" and the screaming hoarde of "not my pussy" hairy orcas.

Lack of magnetosphere is a problem, but only on the very long term; we're talking about geological times here, it took hundred of million years for the atmosphere to get stripped away after the magnetosphere died out. Any atmosphere we'd manage to recreate through terraforming will last more than enough time for us.

Yes, because I give two shits if some bronze age monkey takes me seriously.

Artificial magnetospheres can also be built

I'm sure shit-flinging is a very popular pasttime of yours, Laquisha Tyrone.

Fission comes with the issues of waste disposal and actually extracting fuel in situ, one of which is easy to solve on a dead world. With fusion there's greater sustainability for the inevitably small first colonies.

While true, there's also the issue of heavy radiation doses, again due to the lack of any sort of natural shielding such as a magnetosphere. I'm not arguing against the possibility of eventual terraforming, more on the practicality of starting out with nothing but that in mind instead of building up slowly towards that.

And today burgers landed a 12th Falcon9 rocket.

if we're gonna colonize anywhere other than earth its not gonna come about from discussions between brain dead shut-ins on Sup Forums

Yes. One of the few things I really support.
We need to colonize this whole solar system before the Chinks do.

The bulk of solar radiation on earth is stopped by the atmosphere, not the magnetosphere itself (it still contributes to a lesser extent) on a terraformed Mars the background radiation would still be higher than on earth, but way less of an issue than it is now.

Fusion also has waste disposal problems, as the entire reactor pressure vessel gets bombarded with neutrons and remains radioactive for centuries as a result.

We can build fission reactors today that don't need to be refueled for 30 years. These can literally just be buried in the sand at the end of their useful life.

what if we make a really tall prison building which extends into space, and move all niggers into the skyrise? does anyone work with a malt liquor company? we need bait

Nah. We need even more welfare and diversity. To fuel the spic-nig cycle.

Space is dumb and only nerds want to go there.

No

>All you need to do is pollute the atmosphere with greenhouse gasses and blow up the poles with nukes
You got a plan to increase the mass too? Because that atmosphere will just blow away again.

Mars is shit. It's like living on Sahara - what's the fucking point. Maybe Venus would be better. The whole thing is covered in fuel. You could use that to cool down some enclave. Also power of the Sun is way bigger there. Or maybe some Jewpiter/Saturn moons.

we have robots on mars. just keep sending more fucking robots. there's no point in sending people there.

earth is fucked. lets start over on mars.
let show them who the real colonizers are.

It will remain there for millions of years the erosion is on geological scale.

Mars gravity isn't an issue for atmospheric retention. Pic related.

What about giant trebuchet? Should be cheaper.

>Mars is shit. It's like living on Sahara - what's the fucking point.
It's a different planet.
That's the entire point.

Betreib: Lebensraum Zwei.

The acceleration would turn humans into jelly