Why does it seem like everyone is depressed/suicidal these days?

Why does it seem like everyone is depressed/suicidal these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tz2DknROaI8
youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MbQSZRrJcdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They aren't serious, it's jus "cool" to say so.
I have a better question, why does every degenerate bullshit come from US of A?

Because they can psychically see the Zero Hour on the horizon..

There are times ahead that will separate the weak and the strong.

>normie """depression"""

uncommon

I wonder (((why))).

whenever i get depressed, i go to the gym extra long that day. if i cant make it to the gym, i drop and do pushups. pushups are free. get ready for rahowa senpai

Is this like the alternate Colombia skin?

it's become trendy to present yourself as suicidal and depressed now
blame reddit and tumblr for pushing this extremely hard
it's also really funny how they bitch and moan so hard about treating mental illness seriously while simultaneously de-legitimizing it by spouting off "lol I wanna kill myself xDDDDDDDD upboats please"

People say they are depressed to get attention. They post about it on facebook, get those insurance-paid pills, then get fucked up psychologically because they blame their depression on their inadequacies while they grow dependent on the pills. Meanwhile media like 13 Reasons Why glorifies suicide and makes it seem like it will have a great influence on people around you.

If you ever see a suicide in person you will realize that it is the stupidest fucking thing anyone can do.

You have to be 18 to post on this board

>be a useful idiot
>promote ideology that ruins your future
>get depressed about living in ruined future
>blame the people trying to fix things for problems
>use newly found enemy to fight against to continue ruinous cycle of self destruction

Because the world has become shit under white male capitalists. Turns out, most people DON'T want a return to the Gilded Age. Who could have guessed?!

Nailed it.

Because everyone is a faggot because of estrogen in the water.

If the modern world doesn't bother you in some way, you're the one who's fucked up

Easy times breed soft people.

>28
>Dead end retail minimum wage job
>No degree
>Balding
>No gf

It's literally too fucking late for me. Don't fuck up in life like I did guys.

It's trendy to act like a depressed piece of shit. Thanks liberals

Not politically related.

just join the military before you JUST yourself

Why not kill yourself? Seriously? Life is work, and pain, and struggle until your inevitable death. And upon your death your memories and feelings and very existence will decompose to nothing, and for you it will be the same as if you have never been here at all. Die now, die tomorrow, die in fifty years. It's no difference in the end. Better to do it on your own terms. How many have burned to death, been smeared on the highway asphalt, been crushed to death, bled out alone? At least with suicide you chose your way out.

>implying that's suitable reason to kill yourself
You little bitch. Comparatively speaking we're living in the best times in human history.

Yeah I despise that shit. People on tumblr who think they have legit problems wouldn't actually understand what it means to have problems since all they know is whatever floats around tumblr, I feel like that's where a lot of the especially cancerous stuff starting spawning

It's a fad. It will pass eventually.

you're probably depressed, if you're depressed its easy to perceive others as depressed. and vice versa.

Not enough meth.

I think it's got mainly to do with lies, in all their forms. The same people I see posting about their own depression on a place like facebook are the same people who were saying "fuck the police" after Dallas, and "not all muslims" to this day. They talk about "fat shaming" and "equality", and etc... I'm pretty sure, deep down, they know how full of shit they are, but they can't admit it publicly. They don't want to. It would be a traumatic change in their lives at this point for them to admit that these things they've been saying are false. With enough lies, however, I think anyone can break down and want to end themselves.

>gov lies about the economy
>not enough jobs
>bills you can't pay
>no real hope in the future
>degeneracy...degeneracy every where
>sex is constantly thrown in your face...but how often do you get it?
>when you do get it, it's meaningless one night stand
>never ending media
>everyone glued to their phones
>news always bad
>immigration every where
>low trust society
Shall I go on?

>LET'S BLAME THE PATRIARCHY
KYS

>I think it's got mainly to do with lies, in all their forms.

on the nose, user.

Yes. You get it if you beat the game on hard mode.

Go through a lifelong indoctrination process being told you have no culture, heritage, nation, and you shouldn't reproduce and we all wonder why antidepressants sales are through the roof.

its like this everywhere

Look, I'm gonna be your friend here and give you some important advice:

Get off tumblr

You're welcome.

THE WATEE MADE THE FROGS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

It's not me idiot, but I know lots of people who are suffering pretty hard right now because of how fucked up we are from things like industrialisation, diversity and sexual revolution.

Like a good friend of mine is in a downward spiral where he's so isolated from any real community or meaning that he uses drugs and an endless succession of Tinder sluts to cope, and it constantly escalates into more dangerous drugs. He acts like he enjoys it but I can tell he's suffering. He even was with this girl from our highschool recently and it was going very well, and they loved each other, but he broke it off either because he's LARPing as some Hollywood-movie playboy or he doesn't feel capable of being intimate in a real way with a girl. Of course he regrets breaking it off so much that he still brings it up months later.

In past times, he probably would have had stronger guidance, stayed with his family and married that girl from highschool, but in our modern world that's not the case. This is just an example

Probably because the standard of living in all western countries has only declined in the last 50 or so years

It's just a whole new thing that Tumblr kids go with because its edgy and cool, they seem to think feeling a little sad or anxious means they have mental illnesses and as we know having supposed self diagnosed medical conditions is like an honorary badge for that lot

Liberals are completely shit at raising healthy children. We have an entire generation of largely weak and mentally broken people as a result.

You forgot: Not enough meth.

Mm look at other cultures. Like for instance look at the country of Ghana. I happen to know many Ghanaians, and their country is poor as fuck, but they are literally so happy and thankful. If was given a moderately high paying job I'd be happy to work over there. It's their culture; you are taught to be respectful, they go to church at least every Sunday, you are taught to help each other, the older siblings must help the younger ones, the people arent obese and their life isn't full of technology, they have high morals, HATE gays (will literally lynch them in certain areas), are extremely monogamous and it's extremely looked down upon to divorce (except for some of the the muslims), they are extremely Christians (~70+ I believe), etc.

I know in my country support systems like that do NOT exist. Even in many nuclear family households! Siblings don't talk to each other, the children will exile their parents for bullshit reasons, etc.

American culture is also full entitlement. We are one of the most obese countries. We are physically lazy, our lives are overrun with technology and we don't have friends or family. Many don't have morals nor any respect for other people. That's why you see the depression and sadness so much.

Suicide is death sin.

It is only a phenomena in white countries and more specifically in white neighborhoods. If you go view /r9k/, almost all of the posters are white (some asians).

It pains me to see this. I am depressed myself, but i do not know why. I am blessed and have no huge problems in life other than my daily, monotonous tasks. I would also like to know why we are so depressed in the West.

>these days
Dude I've been fucking sad and anxious as shit since the late 90s.

They cling to the god of "modernity" but all it does is bring them dysfunction and despair.

Because most of the normies who act suicidal are doing it for attention.

ive noticed this too, its fucking pathetic.
weak people with weak minds

That's because all of the technology in the world can't make up for an absence of real community. The Africans may not have much, but they still have real community and hopefully that is not taken away from them

>If was given a moderately high paying job I'd be happy to work over there
Bullshit. Stop lying you sleazy cuck. The cost of living is very low there, you don't need a good job. But for some reason it is a shithole you would not dare live in. Oh yeah, all the violent savage niggers you pretended don't exist.

Get up forced to go to school.
Get up forced to go to work.
50 years later get to retire and be so old there is nothing left to enjoy.
Supposed to feel enthusiastic over this life.

Leaf over here with a good post. I think I am in the same situation as your friend. And now that i got redpilled (about 6 months ago), i have all of this new information on my shoulders. It is almost too much to bear. Sometimes, I wish I would have just stayed asleep and bluepilled.

Okay I get it it's easy to complain about millennials or liberals (and Jews ofc) but there ARE higher levels of anxiety, depression, and other factors related to neuroticism in recent generations. Mental illness is particularly high in cities. It likely has to do with increased social isolation and the psychological effects of our use of technology, which we have yet to fully understand.

The internet making us cynical plays a role as well, here's a good excerpt from an article I read on this topic:

>There is no limit to the amount of misfortune a person can take in via the Internet, and there’s no easy way to properly calibrate it—no guidebook for how to expand your heart to accommodate these simultaneous scales of human experience; no way to train your heart to separate the banal from the profound. Our ability to change things is not increasing at the same rate as our ability to know about them. No, 2016 is not the worst year ever, but it’s the year I started feeling like the Internet would only ever induce the sense of powerlessness that comes when the sphere of what a person can influence remains static, while the sphere of what can influence us seems to expand without limit, allowing no respite at all.

>Be a few days ago
>Mention I have depression to coworker
>She says she has it too
>Asks how depressed I get
>Tell her "I just want to fucking die"
>She says "oh, I just get a little sad when my husband doesn't want to do something"

REEEEEEEEEE

I see these posts or posts like it on Sup Forums from time to time. I have a theory: you faggots did not have a dad or were primarily brought up by your mum. That is also why the redpill can also be extra traumatic for you - you have no grit or manness to fall back on. So I will do you a favor. I will give you a dad.

Here he is:

youtube.com/watch?v=tz2DknROaI8

Everything you need to know is right here. Follow your new dad's advice and you will become a man and you will conquer.

tl? Take the steel pill faggot

Depression is an ironic joke

Increased exposure to chemicals in our food, radio signals and electronic devices.

>crappy job
>wife has successful career
>feel extra lost and hurt about that.jpg
>school is hella expensive
>union or trade jobs are memes in my area
>wife can't relocate due to a lucrative job in a small field
>parents constantly banging on me about going back to school
>at my own expense since they won't help

I've basically got my back against the wall. I have no idea what to do and no money of my own to be entrepreneurial with. Shit fucking sucks ASS and "work harder, lol" I get from friends and the like isn't helping....at all.

If I can't figure out something, anything, for a career I just might actually load the hollow point and take it into my own hands. Shit my wife would be fine financially without me and maybe she wouldn't have to awkwardly deal with "so what does your husband do?" Questions with "oh he a grown man with a minimum wage entry level job (failure)"

Psychotropic drugs are melting our brains.

It's the human condition and nothing new.

You're a fucking (white?) male!

Indeed, a suicidal and self loathing white cis-gender male

I started balding at 19. Either take action to try and stop it or quit wallowing about something that probably isn't your fault.

What's more pathetic than being bald is obsessing over it.

Because everyone is under constant brainwash attack from the gangster computer god.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ

>no job prospects
>no friends
>Family is slowly dying
dont suggest joining the military, I just got out

desu Idk why I didn't sudoku before I joined kinda hoped it would happen but it never did

if you pay attention the people pushing the suicide memes are usually communists

that fact should clear everything up

How people take existentialism as a negative is beyond me.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE MALE

BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS WOMYN
IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL

THIS FURRY LEG IS WHAT PROPELS ME

HARPOONS THRUST IN THE SKY
AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW

AND LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EEYYE
WHITE WHALE HOLY GRAIL
WHITE WHALE HOLY GRAIL

proofs

Legitimate depression is suffered in silence or some degree of shame and privacy. It's not worn on the sleeve.

What you do have is a lot of sarcastic kind of grunge/nihilism two point 0 depression used like emo used melancholy.

Also

No one yells "yippee I want live"

>gives us Kardashians
>shits on America

Are you retarded?
Normalfags on leddit make jokes about wanting to die because they're having a tough time at school or they're having trouble paying bills or getting head.
Fucking /r9k/ have a better reason to kill themselves than they do

You said pretty much all that needs to be said. Plus the community issue the ghana guy and others brought up.

What do you do vs wife?

You should have listened.

I tried to warn you.

Drugs is a big one because it manipulates brain chemistry and thus mental state.
So many coping strategies only work if you are sober or not abusing certain substances. For a sober person, certain ways of looking at things will produce all the right results, but if you've actually made yourself temporarily chemically depressed, there's really not much you can do except ride it out.

The other stuff you mentioned though is what compels people to do drugs in the first place.

I did drugs tonight and had an immediate euphoric effect and now I am dealing with the comedown and didn't do that much. This shit is so dangerous.

Why did I? lack of trust, lack of community wanted to escape etc.

I stock shelves at a fucking wal mart no she's an electrical engineer in a small industry that tends to be in rural shitholes but pays well

It all started with 4chin tho.

But Tumblr pushed it autistically, surpassing the true power of autism.

>It all started with 4chin tho.
ON 4chin

me_irl on Reddit is the main source of this shit & is openly communist

>mfw this place is Pandora's box and it burst open years ago
>Sup Forums is the hope at the bottom of the box

youtube.com/watch?v=MbQSZRrJcdE