Which was the best Roman emperor, Sup Forums?

Which was the best Roman emperor, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoras_(freedman)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporus
thetower.org/article/remembering-hadrian-destroyer-of-the-jews/
jasperburns.com/gasfaust.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Augustus for sure

Commodus

Your mom

alexander the great

Constantine the Great. Single-handedly dismantled Diocletian's "Tetrarchy" by defeating each co-Emperor one-by-one. Instituted Christianity as the official Roman Religion. Supported Trump.

this Augustus was goat

Except that he de-Italianised the army.

Turning it into a professional force of provincials with very long periods of service (20 years I think) and ending the basic 6 years of conscripted service for descendants of old Roman citizens really destroyed the social and moral fabric of Roman/Italian society.

He meant well on a lot of issues but he fucked up majorly.

I'm an Antoninus guy, but don't you just love it when the emperors aim their efforts within their own country? Sure, one might say that they're just riding on previous emperors' successes, but it takes skill.

Obviously Julian.

Personally my favorite emperor is Majorian. Guy seemed to really have his shit together and re-conquered the fuck out of the WRE. It would've been nice to see what he could've done if he wasn't also busy being backstabbed.

Diocletian or Nero both were great emperors.

Unironically? Augustus

Ironically? Gaius

I'm going to be a cliche faggot and say Marcus Aurelius.

Charles V

Nero, by far.
Burn the poor, tax the rich.
Have donkey as official to show their irrelevance.

He, if anyone, should be given the most blame for destroying the Empire though

Marcus Aurelius

My ancestor.

Scratch that, that was Caligula.

Constantine,

He was a man of God.

Trajan.

A god among rulers.

Just because this is Sup Forums I am going to be edgy and go for Nero. Nero did nothing wrong

Trajan or Constantine desu senpai

>Marcus Aurelius
>posts a picture of Caracalla

Nigger, are you trolling?

Aurelian

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoras_(freedman)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporus

Trump.. didn't read

Thrax.

My aesthetic nigga.

Probably Trajan or Hadrian. Basicly any of the "five good emperors" is a safe pick.

Nero did nothing wrong.

nigga what? by the time of Augustus the very vast majority of citizens(requirement to be in the army) would be Italics, he was all about the primate of the Italic nation over all the others

Marcus Aurelius for them quotes.

Phillipe II

by the time of his acclamation the republic was already in a state of decline as a republic. thats why caesar could dismantle it.
augustus in fact realised many problems of rome of his time, which included something like a welfare state

Marcus Aurelius. Because of his stoic gainz.

the people
ROME born by republic
and dictator like emperor system destroy it

It's not a direct quote but a summary of his philosophy.

except the last one, there is a reason why he was the last one

Hadrian

thetower.org/article/remembering-hadrian-destroyer-of-the-jews/

Never trust summaries

>stoped racism in military
>fucked up the system at the base

cincinnatus was best. Prove me wrong, I will hear you out.

>confusing emperors with Christians

>Obviously Julian.

This! BTFO Christcucks!

He was a literal cuckold who willingly tolerated his wife sleeping around. His ""son"" Commodus probably even wasn't his own - that's why his character was so different.

jasperburns.com/gasfaust.html

Yeah, you should read Meditations instead. But still: don't worry about potential reward in the afterworld and just live virtuous life is a pretty good thing to live by.

Aurelian.
Praise the Sun.

Hadrian was always my favorite too. Slow and steady wins the race. The best emperors are the ones who build rather than kill.

Italians were barely Roman to begin with.

>tfw if he wasnt assassinated by the Christians, we would have been pagan by now

>If varg was emperor

Nero

It was a political marriage, Aurelius didn't care much for her so it's hard to be surprised he didn't care for her infidelity. And for the kid not being his... all of five good emperors adopted their heirs.

>SOL INVICTUS UP IN THIS BITCH

>Reinstituted old Roman family values into law
>Brought Rome into a golden age after a century of civil wars
He wasn't perfect, but the Roman empire wouldn't have reached the heights it did without him.

Nope lol don't blame Christians

the republic system is the greatest thing that happen in europe. the rest of the world must wait or 1000+ years to have anything like that

Trajan

Antonius would be the best time to live in Rome, peaceful well managed. Long reign.

However the shit storm Marcus Aurelius inherited was partially due to the fact that the Roman Army didn't keep the pressure on the barbarians allowing them to gather strength

>varg
Yes, because varg is a highly educated philosopher-king.

>Emperors
Sic semper tyrannis!

Wrong. We wuz kangz, and DNA proves it.

lel

My nigga Galerius. Romans BTFO.

Straight from PLEBBIT all haters of Christians. GTFO

FPBP
Trajan, Marcus Aurelius, and Constantine were all pretty great too

The one who wasn't an Emperor.

If you haven't already, go read the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough.
Caesar was and still is the most alpha male to have ever lived.

Constantine sewed the seeds of Rome's fall.

Robert De Niro is only 1/4 Italian

as far as real romans go probably augustus

also traianvs

from byzantium id go with julian, for trying to beat the jewish cancer back and reinforce the old ways

Also he gave the power up in the end, though he used it to kill or defeat many of his enemys, he gave it back in the end. Takes a lot of character and love for your people. Ceasar never wouldve done that, but I like the old fool despite being a giant cunt.

Anyway, everybody makes mistakes and the best ones do have a little conquest to keep the troops able in warfare and make some gainz, but also build equally to advance technologically.

Man I wonder what would have happened, if christianity didnt fuck up the roman empire and if they stayed racist and only allow true romans as commanders and such.

Also I dont know what political system I would call such a state. They werekind of libertarian, but patriotic as fuck. Plus they would go full fascist if engaged with high danger.

Rome was in decline for 150 years before Christianity became dominant.

I really fucking hate it when people do this. I posted it for the study it lists, not for the pictures.

>republican system in europe
>great

Romans weren't mutts sorry dog

Romans themselves were likely Etruscan+Italic mutts.
There's no reason to assume "Latins" were a much different Italic tribe from the others, we don't make such a fuss about Germanic tribes and they also went by different names.

KEK that is so edgey

What are you talking about? I'm a christian.

>let's burn libraries and scratch crosses into statues lol

Neither are Italians, unless you consider cisalpine Gauls in the north and Greeks in the south to be a different race

And that only hastened its death
Romes religion was what made Rome so strong. Once it was dismantled by Jews it fragmented. Their allies to the north broke off their alliances and returned to their ancient tribal ways, and Rome eventually fell.

Why? I think he was pretty great, he converted the empire to christianity and founded Constantinople among other things.

If you are angry at an emperor that ruined the army go to Diocletian, pretty sure it was him, was the one that made Rome a military state, causing a tax hike making most wealthy white men flee into Catholic monasteries.

He was great.

What do you think he would have done in civic terms if he hadn't been assassinated?

Vesuvius

Caesar is definitely one of the most able men that ever lived, but also too egoistic and didnt work in the interest of the roman state, but in his own and thats why he isnt my favorite. He loved his men though. I would have liked him to see the old age and what he could have done for the empire under his command.

I doubt he would have let christianity in and would have surpassed all before him.

I hate it when you post bullshit pics

Octavius Augustus 100%

Exactly

Roman religion wasn't even a unified belief system. Cut the varg-tier bullshit, Rome fell because of corruption from beaurocrats with no accountability, and the jews were the ones bribing Roman officials into persecuting Christians. The Germanic tribes that conquered the already broken empire were Christians themselves.

>Romes religion was what made Rome so strong.
What, reading the future in animal entrails?

Caligula.

Nero.

trajan was born in nowadays spain...

Augustus. All others sucked dick

Thats not his name
Its either Octavius, Octavian, or Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus

Trump

Caligula
Best of the best