How come the Americqn constitution has never been changed? How would you change it?

How come the Americqn constitution has never been changed? How would you change it?

id get rid of the 10-14th amendment

It's been amended 17 times.

It's changed by amendments. There are many of them. New amendments are nearly impossible to pass now. Google the rest.

It's changed by interpretation as well. That's, Brits, is why appointing based Supreme Court judges is so important

Repeal the establishment clause. Ban islam and judaism. Make christianity state religion. Repeal 14th amendment, strip citizen ship from descendants of slaves and anchor babies.

Lurk more faggot. Should've payed attention in school.

There have been 27 changes to the constitution

I'd make it illegal to question the holocaust or minorities on social media, then act smug on a Taiwanese action figure model board while Mohammed beheads my wife.

>implying we're taught your shitty meme history on this side of the Atlantic
We have REAL history to learn about, burgerboy.

Do not repeal the 14th. Amend the amendment.

The 14th was meant to give everyone in the US citizenship. It was not meant to give everyone illegally in the country citizenship. Read the opinions of the guy who actually wrote it.

If you're in the country legally and you have a kid that kid does get citizenship. If you're in illegally then they don't.

We shouldn't be jus soli. It wasn't the 14th's intention.

Repeal the 19th

Yeah, you have 1400 years of Islamic history to cover, no time for anything else.

It's been amended over two dozen times, and we're also engaged in a number of properly ratified treaties.

I have some amendments to propose as far as congressional term limits and dual citizens and the ability of legislation to not affect congress as equally as everybody else. But for simple changes, let's repeal that bit in the 17th that has senators popularly elected rather than appointed by state governments.

>amendments
britfags watch some school house rock before embarrassing yourself

>Henry VII was after Henry VI
because this kind of shit is important
For better or worse, US history is the most important part of the modern world.

>17th that has senators popularly elected rather than appointed by state governments.
Why do you want?

want that*

Yeah well we beat you up and saved your ass so our history is more important now.

Shhh the plan works better if they remain uneducated

State power is meant to counterbalance federal power. Taking the appointment of senators out of the hands of the state governments removes one of these checks and balances, and helps push state government back to is proper importance.

Try an experiment some time and vote for your state rep. Look at how many people are there compared to a presidential election. That's a very, very bad sign about how out of control the federal government is.

That's a pretty decent point.

t. anchor baby

Nah, the furthest back my family goes is the end of the civil war.

Like I said. I'm against the anchor baby part of the 14th. And, for that matter, so was the framer of the amendment.

Sorry, I jumbled that wording badly, but I guess you get the idea. I'm a big proponent of the idea that the federal government is largely beyond reform and that the way to push back is through the states.

County and city power is relevant as well. Sheriffs and grand juries should be playing a bigger role.

>britshit education

Don't hate on him mate. Few Americans know how their own government works, let alone that of foreign countries, even important ones like the UK.

I know one of the reasons I spend time on Sup Forums is to learn about other countries.

The whole reason they passed that amendment was to combat corruption but in a way it made us more corrupt.

Yeah, individual counties, cities, states, etc. Every level should be fighting every other level for their rights.

It has been changed before...

Take "religion" out of the first amendment and make Islam illegal?

I don't actually hate him

Its the spirit of Sup Forums to insult everyone over the most trivial things

The issue resonates with me because I teach social studies and have to deal with retards not understanding how our country works on a regular basis

It's been changed 27 times.

The following are things that were added to the constitutions after it was written:
*Freedom of Religion
*Freedom of Speech
*Freedom of the Press
*Freedom of Assembly
*The right to bear arms
*The illegality of peacetime quartering of soldiers.
*Right to not be arrested without probable cause
*Right to not be forced to testify against yourself
*Right to be reimbursed for your property if its taken
*Right to a speedy and public trial by a jury of peers
*Right to have a jury at a civil trial
*Right to not have excessive bails or fines
*Right to not be tortured
*Right to have more rights than the constitution specifically names.
*Allowing the states to write laws where to federal government hasn't done thing yet
*Changes to sovereign immunity of states
*The procedure for for electing the president and vice president (revising of an earlier article)
*Abolish slavery
*Brightright citizenship
*Equal voting rights for men.
*Income tax
*Direct election of senators (revision to previous section)
*Prohibition of alcohol
*Voting rights for women
*Change the exact dates of the presidency
*Reintroduce alcohol
*Set term limits for the POTUS
*Letting DC vote as if it were a state in the presidential election
*Abolishing poll taxes
*Changes to the presidential succession rules
*Changing the voting age to 18
*Preventing congressional representatives for directly increasing their own pay.

Keep in mind, these are only the successful changes.

Then what the fuck do you call the 27 amendments to it? Retard.

>Ban islam and judaism. Make christianity state religion
Kill yourself.