Why is housing so outlandishly expensive?

Why is housing so outlandishly expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/exuGv3HsV-U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Flats_Plant
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How can you sell a dog without a price

Because your 6 dolla latte and your 10 dolla avacodo toast and your 800 dolla phone and your 150 dolla data bill, and your 600 dolla a month car payment, and ............ try to do without and save your fkin money to buy useful things

Dog is the agent, dawg.

>sacremento-home-for-sale.jpg
>living in cuckifornia in current year
found your answer

What's the price of land under the house?

The price you have to pay to not live around niggers.

Call it a nigger tax.

Commiefornia house prices are based on the belief that everyone in the state is either a movie star or an illegal. just wait and short the market once that extra 15% income tax takes place.

KIkes property scams. That and Niggers who get everything they want for free.

A lot of this, actually. People need to stop wasting their money on these sorts of things and they'll be amazed at how quickly they can start saving.

Because the banks own the homes, set the price and make the loans. Thus no incentive to sell homes at market value.

If only YOU knew how bad things are

because someone else built it and everything around it for you

want a cheap great house? fine

1) get a job
2) buy a truck
3) buy a cheap plot of land in the middle of nowhere within driving distance of a big city
4) build a basic shed to live in while you build your house
5) start building your house with info off the internet
6) take 10 years to finish building your house off your paychecks working every weekend
7) ask for the help of locals if you want to speed things up
8) wait another 10 years for some development to come and basic infrastructure to arrive
9) profit

there, just like your grandparents, now you have a great house in a great area that cost you like 1/10 of what you'd pay in the real estate market, of course to accomplish that you had to sacrifice 10 years of your life and wait another 10, and depending on your luck 30 years from now the area could become really well valued (or become a rundown shithole)

Spoken like a true NEET.

Reason why places like California are expensive is because there are things to do and experience unlike your flyover state.

millions of illegal beaners invade commifornia and they gobble up the cheap housing, along with the nigs.

this means that young whites who don't have a lot of money have to spend a lot more on rent, or leave the state. They take the medium nice places that they can't really afford cause they have to live somewhere.

the middle aged types can rent the really nicer apartments even though they can't really afford them either, because it's all that's left and they don't want to live near partying 20something or mexicans.

Stupid construction codes. Sky high taxes. Premium on stable real estate. All dat gibsmedats money.

Average in TX 117$ per sq ft
Average in CA 230$ per sq ft

Reason that so many hipsters leave their 500sq ft shacks in Cali and buy condos in TX and CO.

>Reason that so many hipsters leave their 500sq ft shacks in Cali and buy condos in TX and CO.

Or it's because they can't cut it out in CA and come to TX only to whine how shit CA is instead of looking inward at at their shitty personalities.

You think the US has it bad, just wait until you see this shitty island.

Last place I was living in was council housing, which basically just means you pay fuck all rent (£80 a week for a big 4 bed place) and have no responsibilities to fix things. Lived there for almost 14 years, then the council sold out the entire neighbourhood to some private firm. A couple years later, I'm in a different place, and the old houses are all knocked down and replaced with twice as many small houses. They're charging £340k for a 3 bed down there. They flattened a council estate (like a better version of your Projects) and priced everyone out of living there.

Same is happening everywhere. Old houses get knocked down, new houses cost well beyond what anyone can afford. It's no wonder shitskins are taking over cities and big towns, since they fit 20+ of their filth into a single property. No one else can afford them.

Modern slavery.
> They figured out how to package it into an acceptable format.
> They figured out how to get the middle class in on it too

I like you fella

>Look at all our Mexicans and cuckoldry mommy I love commiefornia so much it's totally not shit

High taxes, Banks and Construction mobsters owning most of the property and finally state welfare giving away overpriced appartments to illegals or other lazy folks.

It's outlandish if you live in a city area.

I live in a modestly sized area and most nice homes are under 200k.

Declining profits in industrial production leads to asset speculation given that the nature of money as capital is too find new sources for its valorization.

Jews.

dont live in the city retard. Live in the outskirts of it somewhere. My sister and her husband just bought a 2 story mcmansion basically for $240,000 while faggots move to Jew York and spend that much in RENT to live in a broom closet because "you just like, have to experience the city maaannn!"

also, live below your means. Just get a nice small house for cheap to live in and fix up the inside if its all outdated shitty 1970s interior.

Usury and speculation are not the same as healthy inflation rates now gtfo you kike

It doesn't work like that in much of the west, gotta have building permits and stuff ahead of time.

Americans, why do you all talk about buying houses? Why does noone actually build one? Serious question.

Over here, nearly nobody buys a house, everyone just builds one on a plot of land they bought. This buy-a-house thing is virtually non existent here.

Low interest rates (Jews), abysmal land market and regulatory capture of construction. Triple whammy.

Also, home ownership was literally invented after World War II (through programs like the GI Bill, low interest mortgages, etc.) to class cuck proles who lived in tightly knit urban communities and in the 30s were kicking up a class war.

youtu.be/exuGv3HsV-U

>thinking it's easy to build your own house in the western world

There's so much red tape and so many bills that they've made it unviable. The west isn't as free as many believe.

125K will get you a 3 bed/2 bath house in my area
95% white as well.

Who wouldn't want to go into debt just to glance at once-relevant areas now converted into mexican ghettos?

>Serious question.

cheaper and quicker. Better to just buy an old house and fix it up. If you ever saw the movie Gran Tarino, its something along those lines. All these old homes were all built in the booming 1950s, but since then, only the you know whos move into these cheap areas and turn them into shitholes. small town near me has rich people buying them, fixing them up to be nice, and then reselling them to a new middle class, making it nice and actually livable again while blacks are more or less getting pushed into district 9.

(((They))) don't want you to stop renting.

Because half of all available housing goes to Section 8, """low income""", and other bullshit welfare programs.

Look at any major city. Literally half of the housing units are occupied by welfare leeches. I have yet to hear ANYONE address this dindu elephant in the room in regard to housing prices.

So by the time my wife is old and infertile at age 40-ish and could give life only to 85 IQ freak-zombies I'd have me myself some good old family house?

Boy what a deal.

Small ballers.

There's a SHIT TON of papers you need here too - you even need an approval by a geologist and by the state that you can actually build there. But it's still worth the time and money saved.

Cheaper - I don't believe it. But quicker definitely, but still, you can save a lot of money this way. Surely you can build a house on your own for cheaper by employing a bunch of mexicans (= bosnians here) for low wages than flat out buying one.

>he fell for the flyover states meme
Yes, goy! Many (((things)))) to do! They don't have coffee shops in Texas, goy!

because people think housing should be expensive

Its because no one wants to acknowledge white flight is ALWAYS going to happen, so we are just going to keep playing this retarded game of hot potato forever. Its not even REALLY about race either. No one in the middle class wants to live around a bunch of loud violent criminally prone drug dealing pieces of shit. In my comfy small town, some guy got beaten half to death by a nigger with a lead pipe, in the local mom and pop super market, because he called police on nigs selling crack near his neighborhood. This is also in the south, so we inevitable have a bunch of old black women on our local government which is without a doubt the WORST thing ever.

zoning laws my slovene friend.
There are rules on dividing parcels of land, rules on what types of structures are allowed, various permits, inspections.
Basically the upper class, upper middle class, rural people, and boomers have used zoning to raise their property values and keep their communities segregated(shitskins cannot afford).
Most structures that you build in slovenia like that would be red-tagged and considered unlivable.

>pre 2008
dog is the lender

They'll make it harder for you guys sooner or later. It's the way of keeping people running on the treadmill.

Because something like 90% of land is owned by 10% of people.

I'd be shocked if it's harder to build your own house in the west than it is here. I don't think you understand just how much bureaucracy is required here to build a house. But still, in the long run, it is cheaper.

It's exactly the same here. EXACTLY the same. So this isn't an explanation.

DINKs
Dual income no kids
Just another benefit of broads joining the workforce

>Housing is expressive
>Developer wants to profit on this.jpg
>Talks to city about buying land and developing houses on it for money
>city turns him down
>"it would increase traffic" / "not the right time" / "not in the best interest of the city council"
>developer moves on.
>less houses get built. Less supply so price increases
>more developers try to build
>more developers get turned down
>why aren't theris enough houses(?)
>at least in my area it's our zoning laws have literally made it illegal to make housing cheap.

Fuck politicians

Are you so boring that you can only respond in memes?

No wonder you're defending shitty flyover states.

You shouldn't be surprised. After all, you say most people build instead of buy. If it was any easier here, the same would apply. But since we have such a tiny nation, space to build is massively controlled. It really is impossibly to build your own house here without already being rich. We have TV shows where people build their own house and they easily spend upwards of £400k.

Clearly haven't visited CA. You do know about gentrification?

Tail-end of the boom, user.

The market will crash by 2018 or early 2019 at the latest, after that you'll be able to get anything you want at a price you want.

Hold on to it, re-finance, build equity and sell by 2028-2029 or better yet buy a bunch of homes and start renting.

The boom and bust cycle is typically 9-11 years.

This is how the big shot Jews do it, goy!

Never ever ever fucking ever buy in the last 2-3 years of a market, make sure to give yourself time to cash out or rent to the retards who destroyed their credit to buy a home they couldn't afford.

SHALOM!

Yayyyyy

Because the Jewish globalist cancerous ideology of nonstop growth is not conducive to comfortable living.

>TFW Denver and it's an absolute shitshow of all shitshows right now for no good reason

I hope these fags that moved here and bought at inflated prices or who are leveraged to hell and back lose their shirts.

Those politicians only reject those proposals because of NIMBYs who don't want other people to have homes in their "quaint" community. These folks tend to be only type to vote which is why politicians will act in their favor.

A classic example of "fuck you, I got mine"

Well, building your own house here will run you at 200-250k€ here. Just so you have an idea. I think you confused us with a country or something, shit isn't cheap here. It's not UK, but it's not Ukraine over here either.

Build space is an argument I'd buy for UKs' case, but this space issue certainly doesn't apply to the US.

Never try to time the market, goy. Don't you know you are doomed to failure?

>city decided to build 3 dozen new town houses near me last year
>they were sold in the low 200s for a 1700 sq ft home
>today on Zillow they are priced at $375k with an average rent of $2500

Gee I wonder why.

It's not.

>Why is housing so outlandishly expensive?
It is not. Stop eating Avocado toast.

I fucking feel you hard, brother!

I grew up in the South Puget Sound and Washington is a fucking literal nigger/cali illegal shithole full of poor trash and textbook new money.

It's soo fucking bad, homes have doubled to quadrupled in price in the last 8 years, the traffic is a streaming pile of dog shit and the overloaded cities are dying.

Now that we got the Chinese investors in from Canada it's going to get worse but the market is going to die soo fucking hard it'll make 08 look like a joke.

THANK YOU BASED CORRUPT DEMOCRAT NIGGERS!

You guys got hit first, but we're feeling that burn too man.

Assholes/banks with money buying up all the houses and then can afford to keep the prices/rent high until some desperate human gives in.

Some piece of dogshit from the city just tried to buy a house here (hours away by car) to turn into a rental which shouldn't be legal. That guy lives in an area with a higher salary rate and then tried to buy up shit in poorer areas.

I've only met one landlord that wasnt a selfish greedy fuck. He owned a condo in San Diego county that was his first home and has been renting it out for like ten years. He only charges the amount to cover the mortgage, which was like $1050 not too long ago. A comparable luxury apartment in the area runs $1600-$2000. Even the shitty regular apartments without washer/dryer run $1200+. The smallest garbage studios rent out for $1000 and shouldn't even be allowed to exist.

He said the amount of people who wanted to rent from him this time was insane, never seen that many people in need of affordable housing.

The lack of affordable housing is going to irreversibly damage society and it's crazy how these fuck sticks in power don't see that. People don't flourish when something as basic as shelter is comprimised.

Because the laws about foreclosure have gotten so fucking strict that it's hard for a bank to underwrite your loan and get mortgage insurance for it (which is essentially a major drop dead requirement for the housing industry in the USA)

In areas such as new york city, FHA, which is a government subsidized mortgage underwriter, expects to lose 90% of the original value of the loan in the event of a foreclosure or delinquency of a loan.

This slows the machine down a lot, this really hurts us. Basically, the answer is your fucking shitty ass neighbor who doesn't pay his mortgage but votes for politicians that make it impossible for him to get thrown out of his house in a timely fashion.

t. Someone who works in risk management at a mortgage insurer

>says the american.
You don't know how good you have it.

What's weird is that the geography of your city actually lends to scarcity. That is, all the water/isthmus/peninsulas or whatever all put a constraint on where you can build. Denver is pretty much a plain. Kind of makes me think.

Timing is a generalization but when you can feel it and see it in the eyes of those around you, you know it's coming.

It's instinct, I'm old enough to have lived through 2000, 2008 and it's 2017 now, it's only a matter of time.

>The lack of affordable housing is going to irreversibly damage society and it's crazy how these fuck sticks in power don't see that. People don't flourish when something as basic as shelter is comprimised.

YOU fostered all these cancerous free market Jews who view the economic tumor growth as more important than common prosperity.

I believe you. Only paid attention through 2008 and it's just so fucking obvious in retrospect.

This. This is why 17 year olds who talk about Ancapistan are fucking retards.

It's funny you should mention that, state-level politicians/county administrators and plantation neighborhood developers (non-Chinese) work like a fucking family.

My best friend in high school his dad made millions before the last crash and he was best friends with a county councilor, and a local congressman.

Long story short these guys all rubbed each others back and the small scale corruption worked (like it usually does throughout our country).

But once Communist Party bucks start to roll in and their big time slush-funds start corrupting the entire state government, then it goes sideways (large scale corruption is a death sentence for the economy)

Draining a few swamps here and there in a small scale corruption gig (old school) to draining wetlands, building on untreated EPA super-sites, not treating asbestos ect. (Chink Way) can cause serious shit.

>building on untreated EPA super-site
We have this, and now there's a development going up at the old Rocky Flats plant.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Flats_Plant

They do build and it's really not that expensive. We just don't build it ourselves, we pay contractors to. In my city, I see new constructions all the time. Like in the thousands.

I just, almost finished buying my house. It is in escrow right now. Excited :3

Really fucked up!

Glad that class action worked out, only took 30 years right?

The EPA and the state came in and gave everyone new mercury/arsenic free soil and sod, then sorta swept the program under the rug.

About 8/10 people I meet that have just moved to Tacoma know nothing about the Smelt plant and its near 100 years of ground/air pollution.

The soil replacement is still free but there's no widespread program informing the new scum moving here about it.

pic related.

Chinks

Never been out there but I love learning about stuff like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Anytime user, corruption is so damn one dimensional it's funny how it's the same everywhere.

Tons of people build, it just obviously takes a lot longer to build than to buy

City councils will often change their mind if the proposed subdivision if the houses fetch double the average house. gimme dem taxes

Because you voted republican.

Not politically related.

>just scrimp and save for a massive deposit on an even more massive mortgage to buy a massively overpriced house while also paying massively inflated rent you fucking goyim it's that simple

Objectively wrong.

Can we also discuss apartments ITT?
>tfw can't find decent studio apartments anymore since laws require all units to provide unnecessary amounts of floor space

this

It's not bruv, average wage in uk £25,000

Average house price in London £500,000

Considering after tax you're looking at an average house being 25x your yearly wage, it is absolutely unachieveable for the average person without inheritance.

Demand

>flyover state

please stay in your designated containment zone

>now you have a great house in a great area that cost you like 1/10 of what you'd pay in the real estate market

Where is land, building material, electrician, plumber, tools so cheap that it adds up to one tenth of the what you'd pay in the real estate market?

Because we doubled the workforce.

Immigrants.

There is nothing "free market" about a state protected banking monopoly.

Because once you've got a secure shelter of your own you've reached one of life's major end goals as a human adult and you'll be less likely to work as many hours for your corporate masters.

It was planned this way. From 1990:

> Privately owned housing would become a thing of the past. The cost of housing and financing housing would gradually be made so high that most people couldn't afford it. People who already owned their houses would be allowed to keep them but as years go by it would be more and more difficult for young people to buy a house. Young people would more and more become renters, particularly in apartments or condominiums. More and more unsold houses would stand vacant. People just couldn't buy them. But the cost of housing would not come down.

You'd right away think, well the vacant house, the price would come down, the people would buy it. But there was some statement to the effect that the price would be held high even though there were many available so that free market places would not operate. People would not be able to buy these and gradually more and more of the population would be forced into small apartments… small apartments which would not accommodate very many children. Then as the number of real home-owners diminished they would become a minority.

There are too many unproductive people that we, as a society, have (((decided))) to take care of.

As a former quasi-governmental employee, I say this without judgment - just as a statement of fact.

Even maintaining a solid gene pool involves a whole lot more death than we have been willing to tolerate for the last 75 years. Just like underbrush grows too thick and is dangerous without regular forest fires, so too has some shitty genetics built up in our population. The "fire" which cleans us up will be...big.