Why can't north americans create valuable and pleasant urban spaces? All you americans who are so patriotic...

Why can't north americans create valuable and pleasant urban spaces? All you americans who are so patriotic, why are you patriotic? When you send thousands of young men to spill their blood in the middle east, what are they dying to defend?

What is the last thing they remember about home? I hope it's not the curb-cut between the Chuck E. Cheese and the Target Store.

Damn, you've sold yourself so short.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F6jFnOnjzrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We do, you're cherrypicking.

Mmm can't wait to try the new sriracha teen

Oh yeah I'm so sorry. I forgot about Times Square. Other than that, the rest of the country is a lagoon of asphalt and parking.

Why did you post a picture of Canada NorskBerg ?

That's not even urban as far as I'm concerned.

Because Canada is clearly a country in North America. Which is what I said in the original post.

>fast food restaurant in what appears to be the middle of nowhere

Here is some prime EU urban spaces

I thought Eurofags were supposed to be the worldly ones. You know nothing about the US.

You can't even make urban spaces. America is only suburban and rural. And all of those spaces are unpleasant. Especially the suburban.

How about you mind your business eurofag

>Why can't north americans create valuable and pleasant urban spaces?
you can cherry pick shitty strip malls all you want, there's lots of nice urban spaces
though for the most part they're essentially a strip mall but not depressing looking
>All you americans who are so patriotic, why are you patriotic?
we love our country because it's the best
>When you send thousands of young men to spill their blood in the middle east, what are they dying to defend?
freedom
our way of life
>What is the last thing they remember about home?
honestly too broad of a question to answer
probably they're favorite things about home

>pleasant urban spaces

No such thing.

Ever been to New York City? That to me is "urban" and its planned Central Park, for instance, is really rather nice.

I live in what's technically "urban" and I guess it's close enough, even though I always have a hard time thinking about single-family dwellings as being "urban." It has some very nice public green spaces, one of which I walk through on my way to work.

So your city doesn't have any of this?

Speak for yourself, with the countless times americans on this board has called europeans and scandinavians cucks, ignorantly.

most cities do, especially 'newer' cities
america was built around the car, so most urban spaces follow that trend

How is that a "mall?" While there are no shortage of such places in the country, that one is kind of an extreme example and it's certainly out of the ordinary in general.

That sort of thing is more commonly found on a major road, or at the juncture of major roads kind of in the middle of nowhere, where it made sense to have a big planned commercial zone for economy of scale.

Zoning and building regulation developed by (((Cultural Marxists))) prevent it.

In some cases we do but the reality is that most North Americans who aren't poor or liberal faggot vermin live in suburbs or in the countryside where we have plenty of privacy and green space so there's no impetus to build classy town squares like in Europe.

Thats gotta be somewhere up north here in Canada
>Crappy Tire
>Giant Tiger

There isn't too much money for infrastructure and beautification projects up there. And anyways we are surrounded by natural beauty.....why hang out in front of Timmies when you could just hop in the truck and whip on over to Lake Nipissing or something and see a bunch of moose

You should check this out to maybe get a different perspective: youtu.be/F6jFnOnjzrk

>how is that a mall?
It's not, I didn't name the file

Anyway. I'm sorry. I am not trying to sound condescending, and I am not shitting on america. In fact, I love the country. I love visiting. But you can't ignore this stuff, especially when it is bankrupting your great country.

>bankrupting our country
how?
maybe culturally, but certainly not economically

Having spent a few years in Europe I have to agree with you.

Most people who matter grow up in the suburbs. A bunch of nice houses, green lawns, good people. Everything is in walking distance and kids are playing out in the streets. It was awesome growing up there I wouldnt change it for the world.

But nice "urban" spaces I don't know. It must have to do with the boomers and most of our cities were built when cars were normal, forcing the middle class outward. Unlike europe where your cities have sat around for thousands of years. But I am only speculating.

I think a better question is why are all Europeens such whiny faggots

Ah, yeah, well usually if you have a semi-major road (like enough for two lanes each direction) then nobody wants to live on it but everybody has to drive on it, so it makes sense to line sections of it with stores.

Or even if you're in a less populated area and you only have a normal road, it also make sense to have a section with a clump of stores. Particularly if it's at basically a crossroads.

Unless you're going to plan a large urban-type area from the ground up, that's just what humans naturally tend to do. If you want to set up a farm stand, are you going to do it on the driveway or by the side of a highly traveled road? Better yet, wouldn't you want to put it at an intersection, maybe next to a gas station where people are going to stop anyway?

America did sell itself out - who knows how many nice businesses are now dead and gone; buildings are constantly being torn down, replaced with apartment complexes or box stores.. well not so many box stores now because box store retail is collapsing rapidly

It's not bankrupting you? This chart is the general trend.

The developer comes in and asks the city if it can build, it promises to build all the infrastructure, build the roads, install the sewers etc... On one condition, that the city will take on the maintenence costs. And the city commission thinks great! Decades of growth and money coming in for free. And then the life cycle of the infrastructure has come to an end, the city has to actually spend money to maintain all this infrastructure. And it runs out of money. Also check out pension funding throughout american local governments. It's all a disaster.

The UN Agenda 21 model has the bottom floor of the apartment complex double as storefronts. Much as I don't like UN Agenda 21, it is sensible, and also pretty much exactly what you'd see along the main roads of an old fashioned city, and also the norm even along a dirt road in the middle of the 3rd world.

pensions are outdated honestly

also, getting someone to pay for 'maintenance' while you cover the up front cost is one of the oldest jewish tricks

>tfw live over an old fashioned polish barber shop

true - if you pay the money you can have a service drop put anywhere you want, even up mountains or in the middle of a forest..
Also urban areas are crime infested sh!tholes, going on many decades. I'm sure the same grim fortune will befall western cities before long

I am not saying that america needs any big government projects to build european style urban centers or anything like that. What I am simply advocating is that americans stop believing the delusion of debt fueled subsidized automobile faux wealth. And start embracing the removal of engineering standards, removing parking minimum requirements and such.

The reason this is so important to me is that america's economy is in the shitter mainly because of this reason.

Niggers and too much land.

it's far too late -- all you can do is avoid the shitty areas and try to stay out of debt

Why do Euros pretend every city looks like Hallstatt?

>tfw living on a fourth floor of a poo ridden country

I agree with you very much on the debt. The (((banks))) love that scam. But outside of dense population areas where it makes more sense to rely on mass transit, bicycles, feet, etc. you really can't get around the car-centric nature of the country at large.

You want to do business in a city that is spread out enough for people to need cars? You want to have a parking lot. Stores near me actually advertise having a parking lot because those sections not designed for cars have too much traffic and nowhere to park. So they either stay diverse enough for the local population to walk or the businesses start dropping off and then everybody just drives or takes a bus to a big commercial zone and eventually the place goes ghetto.

Wait, where is this?

That's a suburban area you dumb shit.

Also the cities/architecture in New England are beautiful with still a relatively low amount of niggers(of all kinds).

Whoever it is that lives above my barber these days like to crank oontz oontz oontz oontz once in a while, which is funny because the barber always has on music from like the '40s to the '60s.

But hey, if that means a hair cut from a real barber is $9, sign me up.

Rouen suburbs.

Found out, it's actually between Marseille and Aix.

can't make this shit up.
yes, they are if you don't take care of your health or you are a pleb.
sht, let everyone enjoy the ride. time to think about what to do when the ponzi scheme implodes.