Is Elon Musk the Nikola Tesla of our time?

Is Elon Musk the Nikola Tesla of our time?

>Is a blatant charlatan who doesn't understand basic physics comparable to one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived?
Not even remotely. Elon Musk is entirely a creation of propaganda. Just like Steve Jobs.

So... what exactly does Elon Musk produce?

Redpill me on X Sup Forums

Somehow you will still claim that capitalism is good

Ideas...?

He's gonna invent spaceships for the elites to use to escape into space when the planet is eventually doused in hellfire

I mean, he's gonna make affordable space travel available to everyone, even normal people like me and you! Elon Musk is so BASED!

based elon gonna take us into space n shit f.am

fucking science ROCKS xDDDDd

And all he needs to take the Chosen People, I mean, us into space is billions and billions of dollars of our money.

Where can I donate?!?

So basically he's making elaborate publicly funded sci-fi fiction?

He says reality is a computer stimulation and climate change is real at the same time.

elon is a businessman, not a scientist

But he created Paypal, he must be a fucking genius OMG are you right wing retards so stupid?

Don't you dare compare the two.

I lost quite a bit of respect for him when he dropped Trump after the Paris accord event. It proves all he really cares about are free handouts and gubmint incentives. Just one more greedy businessman. He's not moral. He doesn't care about the truth. He can go fuck himself.

They should stop giving him our tax money since he is talking shit about Trump leaving the shitty Paris ajeeewment.

You wish. Crapitalism is the death of this world.

He doesn't even do that. All of "his" ideas are old as fuck.

Hype.

nope. he's the thomas edison.

He is a business man, not an inventor or scientist thus the comparison to Tesla makes no sense at all.

Elon Musk would have NEVER torn that contract!

Something about the guy seems extremely disingenuous, looks like Sup Forums agrees.

He seems like an actor, meant to dazzle the people of this world with big meme ideas and small brains.
Not to mention that building a colony on Mars is probably the dumbest fucking decision ever. There is literally no point to do anything on Mars besides mine/explore. He thinks we're destroying this planet, but building some civilization on Mars will help?
Why the fuck do we need a colony on Mars other than to quench your ego?
Dumb.

What did he actually invent?

>>Not to mention that building a colony on Mars is probably the dumbest fucking decision ever. There is literally no point to do anything on Mars besides mine/explore.
I don't get your point here. Entire towns or even multi-city complexes have been created in the past (and still are) just to take advantage of nearby local resources. How is doing the same thing we have been doing since the dawn of time on a different planet somehow weird or bad?

If we need something and there is a demand for it then we find a way to get it, we make ships to sail, we make off-shore drilling installations, make make mine towns, we frak, we do research on the harshest environments on the planet.

When people colonized in the past, they were going where the food, water, minerals, whatever were.
If you lived on Mars you would be absolutely dependent on what the earth can do. We can't terraform Mars to grow plants. We can bring soil from earth to grow planets, we can bring water from earth to sustain people... Everything you need would have to be imported.
It's a project doomed to lose.

Let me ask you this: what's the benefit of living on Mars? What will humanity get from it other than iron rich dirt?

where the pigeons

seriously, has he actually invented anything?

You don't necessarily need water from Terra.

We can just mine asteroids and comets.

Mars has a considerable amount of water frozen in the poles, technology isn't static you can't think of the tech we have today to predict the future. In order for human kind to leave this rock you need people like not only musk but many more to get there, he actually doesn't mind competition but, he's the best shot right now.

fagwagon

>We can bring soil from earth to grow planets, we can bring water from earth to sustain people
Unless you are taking into account long-term soil/air terraforming (which is proven to doable, if slow) I agree with the soil part and at the start at least some quantity of soil microbes and supplements must be taken with but I fail to see how that makes it impossible or somehow too taxing considering there are way harder challenged to overcome than bring dirt with you. Not to mention that after a while all the needed ingredients for proper plant growing dirt can be made by the people/animals themselves.

As far a water is concerned you are blatantly false, even not taking into account underground water channels there are visible ice caps on the magnetic poles of Mars.
>what's the benefit of living on Mars? What will humanity get from it other than iron rich dirt?
What did humanity get from sending a dog into space? What did it get from figuring out we revolve around the sun and not the sun around us? Just because the exact benefits aren't clear from the get-go that doesn't mean it's not worth doing but to answer your question Magnesium, Aluminium, Titanium, Iron, and Chromium (along with other elements in trace amounts) has been found even in surface level tests so who can even imagine the mineral wealth hiding under one of the most meteorite battered planets in the solar system? Even disregarding all those huge monetary reasons the research alone you could conduct is priceless.

He's keeping the space lie alive

He talks a lot on television. He must be important.

fucken lol'd, jew

This. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a red herring designed to discourage interest in Nikola Tesla after Elon eventually can't deliver on all his ideas. The fact that he went with the Paris Accords shows how disingenuous and how much of a subsidy whore he really is.

>Elon Musk - dodgy billionaire
>Tesla - greatest inventor who ever lived

pick one

Elon Musk is a CIA psyOP run against me.