Australian government are whoring us out of so much money when it comes to car ownership

Australian government are whoring us out of so much money when it comes to car ownership.

>obtaining any sort of license is becoming expensive as fuck
>registration for a car is common to be $500+ annually
>driving offences are insanely expensive
>tolls everywhere when were told our rego pays for the development and maintenance of the roads
>33% luxury car tax in a country that has stopped all car production
>police revenue raise to catch out hard working australians who are commuting to/from work in low accident areas to catch heavy footed drivers

Australia has a fucken tax for everything and we just cop it up the ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/statistics/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice Lexus

what stops you from walking, pussy

Noice.

Enjoy your Orwellian nanny state.

join us brothers

>Own a Defender
Rego $1,000 (including green slip, I think) and comp insurance around another $1,000. FML but I made my choices.

My motorbike, however, costs next to nothing to have regoed, keep running and insured. Still, not as cheap as the UK where rego cost something like £10 for my bike there.

your country is the size of my back yard you faggot muslim sympathiser

"OI GUVNA 'OW AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT SHRIMP ON DA BARBIE WIFFOUT ME CAR LOICENSE?? RIGHT WANKAS IN ME GUVERMENT"

you fucking cuck faggot

OP, you are 100% spot on. This is communist plank number 6, they are attempting to control the means of transport.

Read the communist manifesto and it makes a lot more sense.

Do you have working public transport? Then use it.

lmao in my state we have permanent registration, $100 to register, no renewal

"SHUT YO FAKKIN MOUTH YOU RIGHT WANKA THAT MONEY GOES TO SUPPORT THE WILDLIFE SUCH AS MESELF SO STUFF IT CUNT!"

>tfw car ownership is 500 leaf shekels a month

t. ontario

camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/statistics/
Excessive speed is defined as driving 25 kilometres an hour or more above the speed limit, or at 130 kilometres an hour or more (if the speed limit is 110 kilometres per hour).
- 3825 / 310,708 * 100 = 1.231%
- Only 1.231% of motorists fined were fined for excessive speeds

- 301 / 310,708 * 100 = 0.0969%
- Only 0.0969% of motorists fined exceeded speed by 45km/h or more.

- 239,501 / 310,708 * 100 = 77.082%
- 77.082% of motorists fined were fined for speeding by less than 10km/h
Notice how the hoon laws are not actually catching hoons? They're targeting people speeding under 10 over.

And enabling massive police corruption.
Our public transport is atrocious and also that's the goal of these commie fucks. To make us dependant on them for transport.

How does that car deal with speed bumps?

Public transport has massive black holes where it'll take an hour to get somewhere that's a 10 min drive away, or a 20 min walk to get to the bus stop.

No fat chicks

"OI YOU TALK TO ME LOIKE DAT AGAIN AND I'LL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH YOU BOGAN RATBAG."

Fuck forgot my picture it's the president of australia

why are you talking to yourself

I was gonna find an appropriate picture of an American joke but then I remembered your current and last three presidents.

it's retarded

spoke to a taxi driver awhile back who moved from USA and couldn't fucking believe the cost difference he said he had a car and boat that cost less than $90, also a taxi license (license plates displaying you're a legal taxi) cost around 600k don't know how that compares to other countries but fuck that's a lot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

I'm bored and should be asleep so everything is funny to me right now haha

never forget
F

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

I cant figure out what you're trying to say

YAY I MADE THIS THREAD INTERESTING HAHAHA FIGHT MONKEYS FIGHT

lol and if you own a V8 or above or some exotic car you can easily expect $1000 plus, car in pic would cost over $1000 annually as it's a v8

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Is California trying to be like Australia or the other way round? At least your house is worth $1,000,000.

HAHA yeee m8 we got right faaak'd in that one huh? lol u guys are funny

WITNESS ME

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

I guess that's why the minimum wage is so high there; so the government has something to take.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

No dude dont be proud of that Germany was the good guy. I mean our soldiers fought valiantly but those brother wars should never have happened. :(

Two mistakes were made. The first was getting into the war. The second was not annihilating the soviets too.

>tolls

Eastern states subhumans BTFO

The krauts got what was coming once kike hitler said nips were aryans, what a fucking pussy

I regularly do 10 to 20 over the speed limit because our cops don't give a shit about speeders. I could be doing 80 in a 65 and dps won't care... Also Speed cameras are illegal here because someone sued the state for having open/unsecured cams and the state said fuck it get rid of them.

Instead you pay more for literally everything on the west coast because of higher freight costs, mining and general irrelevance.

You're clearly not in Georgia

Taxation on everything my man you name it

fucken everything!!

Public transport is fucking expensive as well, stop whining about.

Standard car rego in Victoria is now 800 fucking bucks a year!
Fines for basic not dangerous shit is 350 dollars (eg, pushing the speaker button on a phone *whilst stopped at a red light*).
Parking tickets are 100 ish and finding parking spots for more than an hour or two is really hard, so accidentally leaving it 20 minutes too long and getting a ticket is pretty easy.
Victoria..the place to be fined.
(the official motto is "the place to be")

where ya from and do you not have road taxes?

Toll** not taxes

Also clearly not in Florida. FHP are like ghosts, they appear out of nowhere and punish anyone doing more than 75 in a 70 interstate zone. They've got unmarked SUVs and marked Chargers that somehow nest up in shrubs in the median that you won't see until you're on top of them.

Nope... Everything to the east of the Mississippi is a mystery to me.

public transport rapes your wallet as well

i had some temp work in the city where i had to catch a train
it costs me $20 per day for the train plus my petrol to the train station and i lost 3 hours each day in time

There's no tollways (that I know of) in Perth

$500 registration fee every year is fucking insane. Mines only like $85, but in fairness, I drive a 20 year old piece of shit.

You guys have those traffic cameras that will take your pic and send you a ticket in the mail? I got one a few months back trying to make a light at 2 am w/absolutely no one else on the damn road.

I'm getting my P plates soon but first I have to:
>drive 120 hours under supervision
>pay 40 dollarydoos for "hazard perception testing" (a slideshow to test you know to go when the light is green)
>pay 200 dollarydoos to have the privilege of driving human scum around the block while they scrutinise my checking all three mirrors twice at every deviation
>pay god knows how much for car registration and insurance
>no v8s, turbos or cars faster than my man's corolla because "1 death is too many lmao"
legit thinking of moving to America

>"i promise we wont raise regos"
>raises the ctp insurance

Yeah DPS likes to pull you over for insurance or Drunk/reckless driving although they annoy semi truck drivers more than anything else.

few years ago I was on my P's and I shit you not they could get you for $110 for every P plate not showing I got a $110 fine for not displaying a single P plate and also got fined like $106 for doing 11ks over at the same time. The P plate offence was finically penalised more than the speeding the cunts wtf.

My Honda City costs $800 (600 usd) to register in Melbourne for a year. Insurance is like another $900 a year. Apparently insurance is high in Melbourne because of all the car thefts recently.

18+ faggot.

>Also clearly not in Florida
Depends on where you are. FHP doesn't fucking exist on 1-95 between (((WPB))) and Jax. And, once you're south of (((WPB))) the police you see on the highways don't bother pulling people over.

*I-95

I am 18, faggot
off yourself slow cunt

I'm near Tally. The stretches of interstate south and east of Tallahassee are the tourist traveler traps for the state. On a trip to Jax two weeks ago, there were three FHP chargers and one unmarked Tahoe, all three snagged at least one person doing over 80.

Yes, they're everywhere. $100-200 for 10km/hr or less over the limit. 2 demerit points. About $500 for 20km/hr or less over the limit, 4 demerit points.

You're the only slow cunt on your L-plates, you pubescent turd.

Yeah, why would you want a car when you can be driven around by a psychopath while sitting next to a sweaty meth-addled rapist, and get lung cancer from the diesel bus exhaust?

>An SS is a luxury car

U wot? an R8 or Maloo yeah but not pic related

Only retards get done by speed cameras

someone like you who just got their first license and paid for their first car rego and insurance could be looking at $1000+ when it's all said and done, what a fucking joke.

Good luck hopefully you pass first go, and you better not bitch it by not getting your manual license

Just because you've only got one of them in Perth.

m8 I just paid my first year of rego+insurance for a 2003 falcon
over 2000 dollarydoos
shits fucked cunt

Speed bumps are communism.

Taxi plates are expensive because they are limited in number.

Say only 2,000 exist and if you want one they usually go to auction.

Oh yeah, I-10 is much worse. There are a bunch of speed traps every time I drive home to Texas. I reckon they don't police I-95 much because the counties make more money on tourism than they ever would from writing tickets.

I got $489 for 30km/h over, but the copper dog marked it as 20km/h over so I wouldn't lose my license.

6 months later I end up losing my license anyway for accumulating demerit points

They're also worthless now.

my old man doesn't have a manual and I don't have enough cash for instruction, it's auto for me I'm afraid. shit's fucked

never said it was mate and are r8's gts classed as luxury? that'd be criminal if they were cause there fucking australian made cars.

you got yourself a big dirty v8 under the hood then i'm guessing?

r8 lsa is considered luxury in the Holden range

The free market will fix it

I got hit by three cameras within the space of a month when I moved back to Sydney. All low level, so didn't get suspended. Had been living overseas for 7 years where they didn't exist, so had gotten used to driving 5-10k over. Finally got my points back this year.

Why so entitled to driving over the speed limit?
Are you in a rush?
Just drive slightly below the speed limit.
Its a speed LIMIT for a reason.

yeah there's no doubt a ton of legislation I have no idea about but seems like a lot of money

Why's that cause of uber?

I'll never forgot the aus taxi workers protesting against uber, fuckin dogs complain when someone comes in and does a better job and threatens your over subsidised industry.

Nope, I've got a 2003 Falcon XT, and it's your run of the mill 4 litre straight 6.

What's worse is I drive for a job, and I'm almost 36, and I still pay the same as old mate that I quoted.

Insurance companies are a bunch of shitcunts.

Because I'd forgotten what it was like living in a nanny state that gives out petty fines for minor infringements.

It doesnt matter what taxi plates cost because the price is set efficiently by the free market.

And yes taxi drivers are salty since uber drivers charge less as they have fewer costs by dodging the regulation.

If they provided a better service and didn't smell terrible, I might just feel for them.

speed limits are just fast enough to miss the light
fuck that and fuck you
I am not going to waste an accumulated significant portion of my one life by sitting at a robotic light that is telling me its not safe to go past when there is a clear line of sight in all directions and no traffic to be seen

>Its a speed LIMIT for a reason.
>implying speed cameras aren't always set up on hills or on roads where the limit is way below what it should be

Yeah I'm okay with the excessive cost of speeding tickets and even more so with any sort of DUI

But that said when it comes to speeding they do it to make money first rather for than the safety of the public.

DUI is justified. Fining someone $200 for driving 5km/hr over the limit, downhill, on a dual-carriageway arterial road that has zero pedestrian traffic is petty.

fucken brutal brother they get us every chance they get, I'm up for license renewal which is nothing more than them giving me a new card which will last 5 years probs and no doubt that'll be at least $150+

Exactly couldn't agree more, and they'll fucken do it to rather than use some discretion to left you of with a warning or something even though you were going 5kms over and being complete safe they'll slug ya

How do we take back our roads from nanny state faggots? There must be a way, most or at least a large amount of people don't support their stupid laws.