If you believe in "Climate Change" you are a fool

youtube.com/watch?v=jbEdCu1hya0

Now I'm not saying that the earth does not get warmer, and cooler over time. Of course it does naturally as a part of it's own cycle.

Use your brain, and think.

It is hubris to believe that man has the power of a deity.

We have detonated over 2,000 nuclear weapons during the so call "Cold war" That cold war back then was the "thing to fear" everyone buy your bomb shelter because we are fucked! NO don't buy a pool you dipshit, get a bomb shelter!

Did that bring about this fabled "Nuclear Winter"? Nah, and we sure did test a shitload of nukes too...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Cold war ended in the early 90s, and something new was needed to fear...

When the millennium was coming around so many people were like OMGWTFBBQ!? about Y2K!!! Nah... nothing happened.

Then in 2012 we had that Mayan Calendar ending it's long count... Oh no we are DOOMED!!!!! AHHHHHHHh oh wait we are fine...

Shit, they ran out of stuff to scare us about in the immediate future...

Alright so they use "climate change" to keep us afraid for now. That has no deadline, and you can blame any wacky weather on "climate change".

Wait a few years... This will be the new fear:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(137108)_1999_AN10

August 07, 2027 they are gonna make a big shit fit about that..

It's all a distraction... Look over here at the shiny shiny objects while you get robbed by the kikes.

Don't fall for it. It's all about pushing fear. They feed on that negative energy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol
news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/antarctic-ozone-hole-healing-fingerprints/
youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4
theguardian.com/science/2003/dec/18/sciencenews.environment
content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,638414,00.html
theguardian
archive.is/aNrgL
wattsupwiththat.com/2016/07/09/alarmism-claiming-normal-as-abnormal-began-on-a-global-scale-with-ozone/
wattsupwiththat.com/2015/12/05/the-ozone-scare-was-a-dry-run-for-the-global-warming-scare/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe the climate change debate seems new to you because you just discovered the internet and only recently started browsing Sup Forums.

Also you forgot the time America collectively shat its pants because of a radio broadcast about an alien invasion.

Also you forgot the ozone layer hype

Also you forgot the acid rain hype

Also you forgot... fuck it.. I've got better things to do.

Nah the climate change shit has been around a while I know that.

However the level of media coverage on it has substantially risen.

The Great Debate:
>sage and ignore the obvious troll
or
>waste valuable minutes of life formulating replies to all this bullshit

So, your point regarding collate change is fine and I agree. But you're a bit off on nuclear winter.

The reason nuclear winter has occurred based on test donations it's simply because there's no dust. The mechanism is very simply "block out the sun with smoke." It's a very real effect that we see from volcanos, i.e that incoming radiation declines and it's gets cooler. (The mechanism is actually more complex, involving nucleation of clouds and whatnot. But that's the gist.)

The expectation is that the account of smoke (burning cities, countryside a etc.) and dust sent aloft from a global nuclear war would be similar to several dozen volcanoes at least. This causing the cooling. Reasonable. Of course, it lasts maybe a year. Crop failures are likely. But seeing as they'd be contaminated with fallout ... and the demand for those crops has diminished considerably ... and there's no logistical sorry for their distribution ... it's kinda a so what.

Nuclear testing had been predominantly atmospheric (no dust) or captured underground (no dust.)

Anyway. You are right in that both situations are poor "scientists" (many of them the same or direct successors) trying to impose political policy based on laughably weak theory.

Fucking phone autocorrect.

The ozone layer one is real though, stand outside the sun in Queensland Australia and you'll learn that really quickly.

I do remember acid rain being hyped up a lot as a kid in the 90s, especially in Captain Planet. I also remember there being a lot of hype for El NiƱo and how the weather was going to kill us all and also that the planet was going to get colder

>It is hubris to believe that man has the power of a deity

so when I point out that the human emission of CFCs has caused ozone depletion over Antarctica, which in turn caused the poleward shift of the extratropical westerly jet and is associated with large scale changes in precipitation over the entire Southern hemisphere (which is in fact the case), would you then go "well it's really arrogant to think that"?

Would that really be all could say in response?

t. narcissistic boomer

Most of that stuff was/is real, apart from the alien invasion of course. But you don't hear much about the ozone layer nowadays. It used to be a hype in the late 80's. On TV at least.

While the title of this thread is correct, the logic used to arrive at such conclusion is retarded.

What about the Ozone hole, was that fake too like chemical companies used to claim for years.

The Montreal Protocol was agreed on to phase out substances that are responsible for ozone depletion. Years later it actually was proven to help the healing of the ozone hole and it has been shrinking ever since.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/antarctic-ozone-hole-healing-fingerprints/

>While the title of this thread is correct, the logic used to arrive at such conclusion is retarded.

All of humanity is a flea that lives on the back of a dog. "Climate Change" people argue that we can give the dog a fever or cold so bad that it's blood will be poison to us...

>Use your brain, and think.
>It is hubris to believe that man has the power of a deity.

Stopped reading there. It's insulting to your audience that you call this "thinking."

It's still giving aussies skin cancer like it's going out of style. The sun turned my black hoody into a reddish brown in very little time, I'm glad I had it because I won't want to imagine the damage that would have been done to my skin.

It's really terrifying and then you see morons who cover themselves in olive oil and go lay on the beach. I guess natural selection tries to find new ways

t. stupid atheist

>Stopped reading there. It's insulting to your audience that you call this "thinking."

Sounds like you are taking a knock weather or not god exists.

That's an irrelevant point. Religions are mostly bullshit used to control primitive people.

Weather one believes it was a "Big Bang" or "God" that created the universe is just a matter of semantics.

Nobody can scientifically 100% prove god, or disprove god.

Even if a person could some how have all the best super powers from the comic books... That still would not be proof they are god.

This could all just be a simulation like the matrix.

Even if you met a god like person here with all these super powers, and then they WOKE you up from this matrix, and brought you up a level to a world above ours it still would not be proof of god.

How would you know that next world isn't yet another layer of that matrix onion? Wake up again from that 2nd world on to a 3rd... then 4th... then a millionth... You can never know the true nature of reality.

Long story short

You can never prove god.
You can never disprove god.

period

>If you believe in "Climate Change" you are a fool
>Now I'm not saying that the earth does not get warmer, and cooler over time. Of course it does naturally as a part of it's own cycle.

Use your brain and think. Maybe next time you wont call yourself a fool in the first sentence you write.

To clarify I mean "significant man made climate change", and not "natural climate change"

I doubt we have raised, or lowered the temperature of the earth by 1/100 of a degree on our own.

Volcanoes cause more global warming than we do.

the annual CO2 emissions by human civilization is about 100 times greater than the annual CO2 emission of all the world's Volcanoes combined

>the annual CO2 emissions by human civilization is about 100 times greater than the annual CO2 emission of all the world's Volcanoes combined

That is not scientifically accurate. CO2 emissions don't mean anything.

1) The sun burns a lot of that off

2) Trees need CO2, they turn it into oxygen. More CO2 = easier for trees to grow

3) The oceans absorb a lot of that in the algea too it really helps them grow

Adding more CO2 = adding more plant food

That's all... our plants are not going to starve to death.

That C in the CO2 stands for carbon. All life on earth is carbon based. ALL animals exhale CO2.

Furthermore there is no solid connection between the CO2 level, and earth's temperature. There are many other factors at play. Some we know, some we don't know.

>use your brain think
>climate change isn't real
>here's a YouTube video that proves it
>muh hubris
Go fuck your mother

none of the points you raise challenge what I said about anthropogenic vs. volcanogenic CO2 emissions

as for the last point: The connection between temperature and CO2 has been known, measured and calculated since the middle to late 19th century.

Algae is actually a big issue since it sucks up all the oxygen in lakes and shit.

>The connection between temperature and CO2 has been known, measured and calculated since the middle to late 19th century.

These experiments are done in labs, not in nature. There are unaccounted for variables.

youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4

George Carlin knew what he was talking about.

of course you do it in a lab under controlled conditions - that's how science works. If you're interested in what (radiative) properties CO2 has, you of course only look at CO2.

But you happen to also be incorrect in the nature bit. Controlled experiments normally don't exist in nature but here history was kind enough to set one up for us. There are several events known from Earth history were a lot of CO2 was injected into the atmosphere in a short period of time - and the temperature invariably rose by several degrees C during the same time.

Stop trying to make a mystery where there is none.

The experiments could be being rigged. Governments, and corporations have the power to make experiments say any results they like.

Look at Bill Nye. Look how much he sold out. He is harping on about a gender spectrum...

Boys have a penis
Girls have a vagina

end of

Then why did so many articles in the early 2000s hype global dimming, where "levels of sunlight reaching Earth's surface have declined by up to 20% in recent years because air pollution is reflecting it back into space?"

theguardian.com/science/2003/dec/18/sciencenews.environment
content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,638414,00.html

Please archive

>theguardian com/science/2003/dec/18/sciencenews.environment
archive.is/aNrgL

>The experiments could be being rigged
you wouldn't happen to have any evidence for that?

Don't you find it at all interesting that anything that contradicts you is possibly or probably just part of a giant conspiracy by scientists to trick the world?
And don't you find it at all interesting that this claim is what unites literally all strands of pseudoscience?
AIDS deniers think HIV is a hoax created by epidemiologists and virologists
Anti-Vaxxers think the benefits of vaccines are made up by immunologists
Creationists think geologists and life scientists are conspiring to trick the world
the Dinosaurs-aren't-real people say paleontologists are making it all up
Flat earthers think everything we know about planetary bodies including our own was faked by physicists
And critics of climate science like yourself see (paleo)climatologists in cahoots with the all powerful green industry to deceive the world

Cool reddit spacing fag

Back in 2005 I read some scientific article about how in a 2014 we would be passing through a planet dissolving "acid nebula"... Read an article about such things every so often though nothing ever happened.

Scientists fake shit all the time for funding, or are incompetent

I rest my case

We stopped dropping nukes you fucking retarded monkey.

Ozone hole was over Antarctica, and has repaired itself

Think about it like this.

Earth been around 4.5 billion years
People maybe a few hundred thousand?
Written history back maybe 5000 years or so?
Industrialized humans only a few hundred years.
Average human life span in the 70 years give or take...

Trees life hundreds of years.
Insects live a few days.

Imagine our planet is the tree.
Imagine all of human history is the bug living on it.

Do you really think that the tree is going to be chopped down hit by lighting or whatever in the few days we are living on it? Negligible chance

Bc CFCs were banned and it's slowly repairing.....

i hate europeans

Scientists get shit wrong all the time. And then you have governments use scientific fud to push increases in taxes and people join these dots. They push back and call bullshit.

>the sun burns off a lot of CO2

holy fuck it amazes me how fucking stupid people are

this is the dumbest fucking analogy regarding climate change I've ever read

Is there any actual evidence about man made climate change?

If there were, everyone would know about it by now.

Since there is no definitive proof, the true believers try to convert via ad hominem attacks.

The hole in the ozone layer is seasonal

its always been there and fluctuates

the ozone hole hysteria was a dry run for co2 hysteria

wattsupwiththat.com/2016/07/09/alarmism-claiming-normal-as-abnormal-began-on-a-global-scale-with-ozone/

wattsupwiththat.com/2015/12/05/the-ozone-scare-was-a-dry-run-for-the-global-warming-scare/

If CFCs were really to blame for the hole in the ozone, why did it receed with lowered CFC emissions, then why did it grow by a large amount starting in 2008 when CFC emissions were lower than the past?

You're right, the climate has never and will never change.

Derp.

You may think you win arguments with shit like this, but you close yourself off by being factually ignorant. People aren't going to bother discuss this with you when your knowledge on this is so poor and yet you claim to have the answer. Your position is one of opinion and faith, not facts. You aren't looking for people to challenge your views, you're looking for others to back yours up while ignoring the one's that does challenge you.
Not to mention how little you seem to understand on this part, shown clearly by your points in that post.

And you use Bill fucking Nye as a point of showing how scientists sell out? He isn't a fucking scientist, he's an entertainer.

Seriously dude, you have no fucking clue what you speak off, you just regurgitate the same shit that all climate change deniers spew, muh conspiracy, muh carbon, dem plants, ocean absorbs.

You have no fucking clue dude. Plants grow faster with more carbon in the air, true. But they also produce a lot less nutrients. Meaning in the future you will have to eat more to get the same levels of nutrients. That means you need more farmland, and we all know farmland is shrinking every year due to unsustainable farming methods.

Oceans absorbs CO2, yes, true. But only to a certain level that we are approaching fast. Beyond that level the ocean no longer stores it, it starts emitting it. Then the algae that thrives with high co2 grow exponentially, endangering a fuckton of marine life due to their destructive properties. At that point acidity levels will start becoming high enough for deadzones to become a lot more normal which will lead to shitfuck less yields of fish and other marine life that we eat or use in production of goods or to feed other stocks with.

I could go on, for a long fucking time. But I won't, you won't even try to refute any of my points with anything logical or factual, you will just spew out some buzzword you've heard on youtube.

Point being, the structures that facilitate our lives in this modern society are under great stress in the coming decades. This is due to a loss of available resources and as a direct result of climates becoming inhabitable and seasonal patterns fucking shit up for the many factors that allow for things to thrive.

Think of the fucking birds that fly over Himalaya each year, they always do so at the same time, and it corresponds with crops the insects that thrive on those crops. When those crops get delayed or even comes sooner than normal, the birds are fucked. And to put that in a bigger perspective, look at what happened in china when Mao suddenly didn't like sparrows.

You fail to see the stupity of humanity probably because you are a prime example of it.
You may be scared of the truth and seek refuge within these thoughts of yours, that you again seek from others as they are in no way original.
Fear not, life will go on, but death will prevail.