Why aren't you Buddhist Sup Forums?

Why aren't you Buddhist Sup Forums?
bbc.com/news/magazine-32929855

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-22356306
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Muslims can make ANYONE lose their shit.

The reference to the Mahaweli is significant - there was a left wing insurrection against the Sri Lankan government in 1989 - it's estimated 60,000 people disappeared and many dead bodies were dumped in the river. #

I don't know, they seem pretty based to me.

>bbc
>claiming an island of nationalists who want to keep their cultural identity is a problem of buddhism when what they're doing is not based in any dogma
>gets mad when people rightly claim that islam has violent dogma that islamists act on and has articles that boil down to #notallmuslims

what the fuck are you talking about nigger? I am supporting this and I am asking why Sup Forums isn't converting to Buddhism.

>Why aren't you Buddhist
but I am, although I keep rather silent about it. also, I don't understand the reasoning of Bhante Ashin Wirathu that allows him to approve violence. muslims pose a clear threat to Buddhism in Arakan (and to every non-Muslim everywhere) and I can understand the urge to resist them by condoning violence; I just can't understand a monk giving in to those urges.

Even the Buddha vanquished evil motherfuckers.

At some point physical violence is necessary. Do you talk to a plague with reasoning and compassion? No, you destroy the plague and burn the carriers. Islam is a plague to be destroyed.

Because I don't have to change my entire way of life just to hate Muslims?

Buddhists are fighting back and running mudslimes out of their country in an organized effort. What are you doing for Jewzus?

Nice try ASIO. I'm not telling you shit

i'm shitting on BBCs terrible article and hypocrisy

The article tries to claim what these guys are doing is somehow buddhist, when pretty much every buddhist teaching that i know of is non-violent.

Then they post articles bemoaning islamophobia, when their teachings are inherently violent

I'm not shitting on these sri lankan guys, but what they're doing is simple tribalism and they happen to also be buddhist

oh okay. fair enough. but it's funny when they can't openly criticize them because they're not white. they're trying to sympathize with mudslimes without actually insulting the Buddhists.

the problem is that the plague of islam results in financial gain for those in charge, be it weapons or oil.
if i had an infected leg that spat out coins, i would probably hold off on amputation too

This line in bbc.com/news/magazine-22356306

>"So, historically, Buddhism has been no more a religion of peace than Christianity."

Buddhism and Christianity aren't religions of peace but islam is. You heard it here first folks.

I don't have a good answer, or even a bad one. I, as a layman, would fight Muslims although I'd do my best not to kill them (killing is forbidden, but hurting others not explicitly so; for instance all kinds of amputations and tortures were in use in Tibet in lieu of the death penalty during their theocracy phase).
monks condoning potentially lethal violence is a very different matter, and if they have a good explanation, I'd like to hear it because it will surely plug a hole in my understanding, which at the moment says they cannot do this.

>they dont realize islam originated by conquest
>continued to live off of raiding for 300 years while building up their wealth
>this wealth came from Christian lands

Nothing new here folks

Europe is absolutely fucked.

I am.
It isn't for everybody.

I am indian u shitdog

>Buddhism and Christianity aren't religions of peace but islam is. You heard it here first folks.
I cannot wait until Jainism gets labeled a violent religion compared to Islam. Especially digambar jains; those are insane extremists.

Do you know what a fucking Janist extremist did to me yesterday? He fucking touched my arm to stop me stepping on a cricket? Can you fucking imagine that. Fucking disgusting.

yeah, do we expect any better from them? that's the kind of stuff we have to be prepared to deal with. around jains never relax etc. muslims are much better. I can't even count the cases when a muslim failed to behead me.

Well I mean. I suppose that being touched on the arm is just part and parcel of living in a big city.

Btw how do you participate in your religion as a Buddhist? What daily routines have changed?

I am though.

Prove it

I have this handy ceremonial buddhist dagger.

I want one :(
How much infidel blood has it tasted?