"Waahhhh waahhh why does everybody pick on Christians?? What about Islam???"

>My only experience with Christians is being mocked for not being Christian
>Absolutely anything I say is met with fedora memes, accusations that I am a Jew or that I should go back to rebbit
>By contrast, I have no firsthand experience with Muslims

I can understand in an academic sense that Muslims are worse, just by looking at news from around the world or looking up a list of terrorist incidents since the 1970s which includes the groups that claimed responsibility for each.

However I do not have the same directly learned, firsthand visceral hatred of Muslims that I do for Christians because no Muslim has ever personally sought to harm, humiliate or sabotage me. Those people were all Christians who hated me for disputing the basis for Christianity.

This is why you see a lot of people in the west trying to make the conversation on terrorism about Christianity even though Christian attacks are exceedingly rare. This is why they seem willing to give Muslims a chance, just because Christians hate them and they wrongly imagine that the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

If you want less of this, stop needlessly alienating people who might otherwise be your allies. Many white atheists are inclined to hate Islam because it is Abrahamic and embodies the worst aspects of Christianity magnified, or simply for racial reasons. But they turn on you instead because you're the ones flinging shit at them from all directions 24/7. It is hard to sympathize with people who do that to you.

If you can believe it, there was at one time a rich tradition of Christian/atheist debate in the west including the likes of Robert Ingersoll, Bertrand Russell and C.S. Lewis. Christians did not always flip their shit and spew memes when challenged.

Anyway I hope this solves the grand mystery of why people you are constantly assholes to seem to preferentially hate you when there are more deserving recipients of that scorn.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/05/13/a-closer-look-at-americas-rapidly-growing-religious-nones/
gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx
pewforum.org/A-Religious-Portrait-of-African-Americans.aspx
pewforum.org/Press-Room/Pew-Forum-in-the-News/RNS-Atheists-diversity-woes-have-no-black-and-white-answers.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Muslims will suicide bomb your house, Christians will just cry about it

waaahhh people are mean to me on the internet

Would you support somebody who is mean to you all the time? Why? Stockholm syndrome?

1. I don't care what atheists think about me
2. Stockholm syndrome is about actually being held captive
How is that the same as being made fun of

You're saying that for the purpose of this discussion. But in your day to day life, without prompting, probably you are not eager to collaborate with people who shit on you.

Sorry but I'm not about to just let you be stupid in front of me.
I'm going to call you out on it.
Fuck off communist retard.

>probably you are not eager to collaborate with people who shit on you.
If its in my interests I would
But more likely I would just ignore them and move on with my life

Have you tried not being obnoxious, OP?

Not a Communist either. Did nobody ever teach you how to argue?

>I have no experience with muslims

That's because if you did you wouldn't be here because they would have beheaded you for being a filthy kaffir

Much like Muslims, Christians find absolutely any dissent against their claims to be obnoxious. Simply disagreeing with them about some matter of doctrine is perceived as an attack.

I'm aware. That isn't the point of the post. Read the rest of it.

Am I here to argue with you?
I'm just here to call you stupid.
I don't care what you think.

It reflects pretty poorly on you if all you have to say to anything you don't like is some form of ad hominem.

Then don't discuss religious matters with them.
It's not your business and you don't even know shit about religion. They won't get pissed off at you if you weren't trying to change them.

I did read it. You're basically admitting that you and the bulk of liberals have this bias because they don't have a fucking clue and it's purely due to lack of experience. Our world would be immensely safer if radical muslims acted like the Westboro baptist church instead of the savagery they commit now

>Then don't discuss religious matters with them.

It never starts out as a religious discussion. Usually it's about something else, most recently new findings challenging the out of Africa theory. They chimed in to say that it assumed evolution is true in the first place, when macro-evolution has never been observed. It was kinda a downward spiral from there.

>you don't even know shit about religion.

I was a Christian for most of my life and attended two private Christian schools with mandatory daily Bible readings.

Most atheists in the US are former Christians and became atheists because they learned more about their own religion than most Christians do. Testing bears that out:

>You're basically admitting that you and the bulk of liberals have this bias because they don't have a fucking clue and it's purely due to lack of experience.

Yes, that's right. But it has implications for how you conduct yourself if you'd like to gain support from the public rather than losing it at a historically unprecedented rate like you are now.

>no Muslim has ever personally sought to harm, humiliate or sabotage me.

You live in a christian majority country and are complaining that .06% of the population hasn't isolated you? Go the fuck to Iraq you moron. Try being atheist in any Muslim country. You may get snarky loser Christian bible thumpers occasionally spewing atypical rhetoric at you here, but in any of those countries you'd be met with stones and debris thrown at your face in public squares. Atheism is literally the mainstream now in the USA, and you're actually complaining about being isolated? plebbit faggot

>Most atheists in the US are former christians

And do you know why? It's because
A. The Muslim population is thankfully small
B. Apostasy is punishable by death in Islam and it's not in Christianity.

>Much like Muslims, Christians find absolutely any dissent against their claims to be obnoxious.
This isnt a bad thing
Pluralism is cancer

>instead of losing at an unprecented rate

Like what? A right wing sweep of federal government? Brexit winning? Right wing populist parties gaining traction across Europe? Are you retarded? Every Muslim attack is met with slightly fewer calls to defend Islam because the West is very slowly becoming less and less cucked

You missed the point.

>You live in a christian majority country and are complaining that .06% of the population hasn't isolated you?

No.

>Go the fuck to Iraq you moron. Try being atheist in any Muslim country.

Yes, I'm aware it's much worse.

>You may get snarky loser Christian bible thumpers occasionally spewing atypical rhetoric at you here

Which is why people who experience this day in and day out from Christians preferentially oppose them over Muslims, who they have no firsthand experience with.

That was the point of my post. If you want to gain support rather than lose it, you should stop relentlessly shitting on every non-Christian white person. They aren't going to support you just because you're not as bad as the alternative.

>implying all Christians reject science
God created everything including evolution.
I started out as a Christian then became atheist then learned more about religion in general and became Christian again after learning more.
I doubt you actually know anything.
I can't respect any atheist.
The Bible spells out the way for humans to live in a way that civilization thrives.

>Like what?

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/05/13/a-closer-look-at-americas-rapidly-growing-religious-nones/

>A right wing sweep of federal government? Brexit winning? Right wing populist parties gaining traction across Europe?

"Right wing" and "Christian" are not identical.

>They aren't going to support you just because you're not as bad as the alternative.
I dont care if atheists support me

gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx

>God created everything including evolution.

Evolution isn't a thing, it's a process which happens to anything capable of self replication with copying errors. Learn what "optimizing process" and "procedural generation" mean.

>I started out as a Christian then became atheist then learned more about religion in general and became Christian again after learning more.

I'd sure like to know how that happened.

>I doubt you actually know anything.

>I can't respect any atheist.

You get back what you send out.

>I can't respect any atheist.

You're entitled to your opinion kiddo

because every day christians treat you like shit right? They just go out of their way to fuck your day up?

This is tumblr tier shit good job shill.

Read the comments in this thread

83% of US blacks are Christians, 1% are atheists.

pewforum.org/A-Religious-Portrait-of-African-Americans.aspx

95% of US atheists are white:

pewforum.org/Press-Room/Pew-Forum-in-the-News/RNS-Atheists-diversity-woes-have-no-black-and-white-answers.aspx

I am more respect for a black christian than a white atheists
the degenerate blacks are not the ones who regularly go to church

There is nothing wrong that statement

I am an atheist retard. The difference between us is that I don't post about it on the internet like an insufferable cunt.

Atheists vote like kikes, see pic.

Fuck off atheist degenerate scum.

You will all hang on the Day of the Rope.

>>Absolutely anything I say is met with fedora memes, accusations that I am a Jew or that I should go back to rebbit

You are and you should. Commie.

Don't sweat it, Bro. You couldn't be as savage as a Mussie no matter how hard you tried.

This is a goddamned shame. You're SUPPOSED to fuck your wife under Christianity. Ugh...freaks, man.

>mocked for not being Christian

Shit That Never Happened: The Thread

ft. Fedoralord the Fabulist

another proof of r/atheism
the only verse about """"flat earth"""" is about universe and that it shall not shatter against the evil.
And then they wonder....

>>By contrast, I have no firsthand experience with Muslims
If you did, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place, dumbass

Look, OP, you seem like a nice guy, and willing to be taught

Christianity, precisely catholicism, but let's say christianity for the matters of the heretic protestant nation you live in, christianity is the basis of our society, together with roman law and greek democracy.

The western society flourished in the christian environment, everything you see today is only possible due to the extreme efforts of the Catholic Church and the crusaders in the middle age. They contained the muslims in the borders of Europe and made possible for us to live in a western society

Atheism means weakening it, means weakening us. Christianity, even though you disagree with it or dislike it, is a part of who you are. You probably have a biblical name, if not, a relative of yours does. You live in a biblical named city, or neighborhood. Do you see where this is going?

When you replace christianity, therefore your culture, for something multicultural and plain like atheism, you walk towards your destruction

That should be enough for you to stand up for your roots, and if you are willing to learn more about religion, philosophy and the christian theist point of view, I recommend you to check William Lane Craig debates. Really makes you think
Good luck on your path, OP. Atheism is the easy answer, but not the right one

People are less religious because we're becoming increasingly materialistic and consumerist. Sweden isn't 70-90% atheist because the christians were being too judgemental. Derp.

People have always used Islam as a way to insult Christianity. I mean like this goes back hundreds of years. It's nothing new.

I am an atheist and you are a fucking idiot. Yeah, Christian make fun of you, sandniggers will kill us on sight

Read the rest of the post.

>When you replace christianity, therefore your culture, for something multicultural and plain like atheism, you walk towards your destruction

I don't care. I only care about what is factually true. That comes before all else.

>Good luck on your path, OP. Atheism is the easy answer, but not the right one

It would be professionally and socially much easier if I were a Christian actually.

Islam is the truth.

Teke the islampill now.

You can't defeat the Jew with imperfect truth.

>Comments

Go back to /r/atheism you're not wanted here

tip harder faggot

>Live in a Christian country
>Don't see Muslim problems
Move to a Muslim country then, nobody is stopping you.

1) If you had experiences with Muslims you would rather take the Christians. Christians are far nicer to be around, even to those they disagree with. We use our words to sort out issues more often than Muslims. We take care of the vulnerable, like elders and the disabled. Whereas Muslims never give a shit about anyone who else. If they can cheat you or lie to you they will. They will try to rob you. The only people they give even the slightest kindness to are other Muslims. Everyone else could just die for all they care.

2) The fact that the worst you faced was a mere mocking says worlds about Christians. Muslims kill the people who leave their religion. Every once and a while here you hear about some Muslim who got killed for not being Muslim enough. It could be as small of an infraction as not wearing a hijab in public. Ex-Muslims who leave Islam know not to be around Muslims because Islam has no mercy for them. You are dead to them. Whereas most Christians will leave you alone. If you ever change your mind they will welcome you back with open arms. To sum this up, Christians will let you leave Christianity, Muslims will not let you leave Islam.

3) Atheist are pricks. They always act so superior to everyone else. There is this deep narcissism amongst Atheists that make it incredibly hard to deal with. If they weren't condescending fedora tipping jerks all of the time, they might find that people treat them better. Want to be treated with respect? Treat others with it. It does work. The atheists that aren't ass holes to Christians at every opportunity don't get made fun of. People will leave you alone if you leave them alone.