Roughly 70% of Millenials don't have any degrees, I'm seeing figures as high as 81% without

Roughly 70% of Millenials don't have any degrees, I'm seeing figures as high as 81% without.

Why aren't degrees becoming more valuable then?

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/08/rick-santorum/70-americans-dont-have-college-degree-rick-santoru/
politifact
archive.is/65eUi
alternet.org/education/surprise-majority-millennials-dont-have-college-degree-thats-going-cost-everybody
alternet
archive.is/D1cov
linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo
study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html
nationalreview.com/article/447604/social-justice-warriors-samurai-jack-racist-sexist-cultural-appropriation
blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That statistic cannot be accurate

>According to census data, 209.3 million people in the United States are 25 years old or older, and 66.9 million have a bachelor’s degree or higher (such as a master’s, professional or doctoral degree). That means about 68 percent of them do not have a bachelor’s degree.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/08/rick-santorum/70-americans-dont-have-college-degree-rick-santoru/

That's for the entire country, I'll pull up the page I was looking at for Millenials in a sec

Learning a trade is better than getting a degree in feminism.

>politifact com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/08/rick-santorum/70-americans-dont-have-college-degree-rick-santoru
archive.is/65eUi

>alternet.org/education/surprise-majority-millennials-dont-have-college-degree-thats-going-cost-everybody

Interesting dynamic at work

More Millenials have Bachelor's degrees than previous generations, but it's still 70% without. More interesting, more millenials don't have high school degrees than previous generations.

Depends. If by better you mean uneducated?

>alternet org/education/surprise-majority-millennials-dont-have-college-degree-thats-going-cost-everybody
archive.is/D1cov

It's a lagging economic indicator you fuckwit. It takes quite some time for this sort of de/inflation to follow

You do realize that the group of people, "25 years or older", contains a lot of people that are NOT millennials, right? Like people who are more than 40 years old.

Yeah I said that, see the second link for Millenial specific data

More useful and you don't have the debts

Things society requires like engineering, computer science and business degrees will get you a good job. Most college graduates don't get a good job and are in huge debt.

You can keep on studying your whole life in your free time while you build experience during the day. You don't need the government to educate yourself.

I have a PhD in medicine and opened a liquor store instead of opening a practice. I've also been giving away product on Sup Forums for years. Nearly everyone I've ever hired had a BA/BS as a minimum educational credential. Degrees are worthless in the wake of H1B and H2B visa programs, and outsourcing. I pity the next generation, thankfully my sons will inherit my business, and my rental properties. They and their children will know financial independence.

>PhD in medicine
>Opening a practice
Huh

>Why aren't degrees becoming more valuable then?
Women's studies.
>Roughly 70% of Millenials don't have any degrees,
A fuck load of cucks, niggers, and spics are using government subsidies to get worthless degrees.
Which in tern makes it more expensive for those not on government money to get a degree or certification with some kind of worth. With incredibly high risk to them selves to get an education, many simply avoid the debt.

1st year of college they try to force all first years to live in the dorms. So instead of paying $14,000 for a year at their own state college they pay about $28,000 a year for the first year.
Avoid that its still $14,000 for the first two years, as your state college will force you to take unrelated courses to your major to milk you for more money. I payed $500 for lesson an online lesson how not to rape women at CSU, I'm NOT fucking kidding. They made me retake high school math even though I was a fucking A math student. THEY WANT TO MILK YOU AS LONG AS THEY FUCKING CAN.

maybe he is saying he didnt do a residency?

Not to point out the obvious, but what is the impact of mexicans on this trend?

They can't be valuable if the person with the degree is a piece of shit human being.

This nigger has it so figured out. It's unlikely any of my families business will ever fall to me, but hey I hear with a hazmat cert you can clean up dead bodies at car accidents and murder scenes for six figures.
Fresh OC for rekt threads and money.

more than 80% of the population never goes to college. either they dont have the money or dont have the time

this didnt magically change just because you need a college education for many positions now days

Did you even read his statement?

College dropouts are a big factor, the numbers of who enter and who graduate are pretty sad.

linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo

>66% of Millenials start college
>less than 1/3 graduate

That's actually depressing

Immigration from other countries ie: Brain drain.

>The Government gibs money for their college instead of US citizens.
>They Graduate
>They can't get a Job in US because they're illegal.
>Can't go back to Mexico.
>The US continues to pay for education of illegals that can never get jobs in this country.
>Then Donald Trump got elected.

>CSU

Kek. Fuck Fort Collins and everything in it. Almost as bad as Boulder.

Yeah, but right now I'm between fucking Cholotown Lafayette and Boulder.
I wanna move.

That is a great point my roo friend.

Are US degrees valuable in the rest of the world?

I'd fuck off to another country for a comparable wage and much lower cost of living

US degrees are Valuable in the Rest of the World.
So long as you are LEGAL to work in that country that you go to.
If your an illegal Mexican the above does not apply to you.

>$500 online lesson on rape culture

Unbelievable

Was this just like a general requirement for your degree, or was it a separate thing entirely? Like just something you had to complete to even be a student/live on campus?

Are you telling me that you didn't find any worthwhile job with a MD-PhD?

Come on.

Yes, no one will bat an eye anywhere in the world.
Only meme degree like in India are not well recognized internationally.

Interesting

It was required for all students to take at least once, and had to be done in the first year no exceptions.

I can fully understand requiring students to complete it.

I can't understand making students pay for it.

They made up a bunch of useless stupid degrees in worthless subjects so that niggers, women, and spics could use borrowed tax dollars and spend them on a piece of paper that says they got a BA in basketweaving.

t. Professional engineer

But they aren't getting the piece of paper

Shouldn't the increase in easy tier subjects and loans INCREASE graduation rates?

learning online makes more sense. think about the amount of time wasted in college. Online learning, for any subject, is just a click away.

I am at the high age range for Millennial. No degree consistently make 120K every year. No college debnts

It's not that he couldn't. He probably didn't want to. Malpractice insurance is a bitch Jacques.

Idiot

I paid off 100% of my student loans in the first 5 years of business. I thought about opening my own practice after residency but after a substantial amount of research I discovered it would be easier to sell wine/liquor than treating illness. Factually speaking in the first year alone I made $140,000 profit. Can't think of another business which is instantaneously profitable except for drug dealing.

Well you are a drug dealer. You're just sanctioned by the State to do so.

Spare me your stoner logic.

Degrees mean nothing now. We're back to skilled labor jobs being the most valuable. I dropped out after 3 years back in 2009 to become a fireman.

Alcohol is a drug dude. So is Caffeine. They're just legal to sell.

>Bashes stoners for some reason

I'm not a stoner. I'm just saying the line is thin. Not blaming you for it, great margins, smart move.

I'd rather be illiterate than be a postmodernist kike.

it's not a bad thing, maybe jobs that don't actually need a bachelor degree to do will stop asking for retarded education requirements after experiencing a labor shortage.

Well, For all the other shit, your paying for it one way or another. I could be wrong about that course costing money but, I remember some course that I had to take that was unnecessary and wasted a large sum of money.

Millenial here (unfortunately, I hate my generation). Decided to skip out on going to college and instead went right to work (I also dropped out of my last year of high school and got my GED instead, mostly because I hated my teachers and fellow students). So by the time most of my peers would be graduating college/university I already had about 5 years actual work experience and had made quite a few contacts in different industries. I have no problems getting a job anymore.

That's why deport the Mexicans.

Oh, I forgot to add. I have no debts as well.

because american public schools blow cock, based CS major here.

Probably becoming a priest because philosophy is my dream and i didnt pursue it soon enough in college.

Feels bad

Yeah well you never got the college experience.

You aren't allowed with in 30 feet of a child.
NO

youre pretty cute
t. gay guy

did day care as my community service in highschool. Let me play and nurse your child little goy

colleges are sjw shithead-producing factories

College experience? Being thousands on dollars in debt, having liberal propaganda forced into my courses and having women tell me I raped them just by saying hello and maintaining eye contact longer than 5 seconds?

Im not the one with a "phd in medicine"

Imagine the before and after Corporal Lawrence in a modern day college.

supply and demand. If everyone had one they would be worthless.

Yeah college degrees are becoming worth less and less

There definitely feels like there is an active effort in place to make those most likely to earn a college degree from wanting to get one (learning a trade, etc.)

A lot of college students these days are book smart, but they really don't have much in the way of critical thinking skills.

Clearly everyone doesn't, and they are still losing value

Half of them are still in college you realize?

degrees that actually lead to a professional career are valuble. non-degrees in non-subjects that leave you with 0 special skills obviously aren't

not really, everyone born after 1996 is technically Gen Z

(((education))) divide is a good thing as we will see the brutes that went into the ground level of manufacturing start to overtake efficiencies from (((trained))) individuals

You are drug dealing. And as the economy keeps getting worse and worse, your liquor store probably has a bright future ahead. You could say it's a growth opportunity.

>muh electrum coins consists less in gold and more in silver overtime
>why are the coins getting worthless?

Well, you answered your question already. Those papers don't seem to have any effect on a muricans thinking muscle. It's called inflation.

Honestly, I wish I had done that when I was your age. Drop out as soon as you can and take your GED. Life is too short to waste on the bullshit that goes on in your typical school.

what a fucking loser

get your shit together

Because the average graduate now is a sjw with a degree in gender studies or philosophy.

I can only say this for germany, but current students either take very very long to get a degree or drop out when it becomes slightly hard due to society telling them "do whatever you want" and society being overprotective.
Due to this they never had to deal with challenge or a situation where they had to work and manage things on their own to accomplish something and the only thing they know is that they can just bail out whenever they want.

A big majority in my year are in their late 20s since they switched subjects several times and the average age when people get their degree is 26. And that is for a BSc degree, which only takes 3 years.

Most millenials are libfags who are both too lazy and too stupid to accomplish anything of merit. The only millenials who are decent are already on Sup Forums.

Addiction, depression, risky investments that didn't pay off yet

At least that's why I haven't finished yet.

They are valuable. Regardless of Sup Forums's "underwater basket weaving" memes, lifetime earning potential of a degree holder vs a HS diploma is simply not comparable and even crazy expensive colleges will pay dividends over a lifetime.

study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html

You are also simply locked out of a lot of jobs without a degree--employers will simply throw your resume in the garbage if you don't have an undergraduate education at the least. Not saying this is necessarily a good thing, but it's simply reality.

For the record, I'm not suggesting "going to college magically makes you more money with zero effort", but the numbers prove Sup Forums wrong, plain and simple. For all your impressionable young Sup Forums fags out there, don't buy into "le college jew XD XD" meme, they are just trying to suck you down into their NEET/manual labor black hole of faggotry (there's nothing inherently wrong with manual labor, but most of us arent interested in working next to teenagers for our entire lives).

US doesnt represent millienials becausebits a shit tier country. They fucking voted for the donald meme and made plenty of useless wars while all getting super obese.

Well I have a valuable degree
I guess that means..

Because universities don't teach you anything

>More interesting, more millenials don't have high school degrees than previous generations.
The country is also more non-white than at any point in our history. This isn't a coincidence.

The first breath of Brazil 2.0

Your children are going to sell your businesses and properties, spend all the money on drugs and partying, then off themselves because they don't know how to live without having someone funneling money into them.

The Women's studies, sociology majors, historians, etc etc. actually get high paying jobs? Or are you just using stats that are based on people who went to college 10-20 years ago, aka when the degree meant something?

Because people are starting to realise that there is more to life than just pieces of papers handed out by (((governments)))

Non-STEM degreees are fucking worthless because the intellectual rigor required doesn't match up.

If you're not smart enough to see the lack of value in a degree and dive right into the workforce then you're a lazy shit.

>Addiction, depression
>in college
The ABSOLUTE STATE of you

SOON

Affirmative, but you forgot to mention how the colleges are turning the students into social justice warriors

nationalreview.com/article/447604/social-justice-warriors-samurai-jack-racist-sexist-cultural-appropriation

blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/

Also more boys dropout than girls due to inherit bias on gender. Thanks feminism

I can name 5 non-stem degrees that are not worthless right off the bat

Them nips

>Can't think of another business which is instantaneously profitable except for drug dealing.

>is selling alcohol

you are a drug dealer, just a legal one

Tried to tell him that and he got all defensive.