Why Ottawa should bail out homebuyers if house prices tank

The canadians are fucked. They bought too much house, now some of them are acting like the government (and fellow taxpayers) owes them a bailout.

macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/why-ottawa-should-bail-out-homebuyers-if-house-prices-tank/

>mfw you can check the archives to find leafs declaring the bubble will never end, that it is the new normal.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ya4KJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol Fuck Canada, they deserve this shit.
Talk shit get hit.

>Canadians will probably defend this

Canada needs more radical violent immigrants from Africa to output fires and fight the turrists.

IT APPROACHETH, THEIR DOOM IS NIGH

here's the archive in case the leafs memory hole or edit the story:

archive.is/ya4KJ

if im 21 and currently unemployed rn what do I do?

opiates and marijuana. To numb the pain.

already addicted to fentanyl

stay employed
buy a house in 2-3 years when this all blows over

question. I got like 800 bucks left if I wanted to purchase a copious amount of fentanyl to off myself when shtf should I do it now before the currency hyperinflates or whatever? Is that far away from happening or is shtf inevitable?

You need to get on methadone or you'll be deader than refried shit before too long.

If you're here then we need your brain in the brainfight with the postmodernists.

Become a prospector in northern Canada. You will either:

>One: lose the little money you have left and die of an overdose
>Two: Get eaten by bears
>Three: Strike the motherlode and become rich as fuck

But seriously, prospecting for gold might be the best thing you can do nowadays

I've kicked it before without methadone bro. Methadone folk are disgusting and their teeth rot. I cold turkey it everytime, I was on methadone for awhile but it made me fat and methadone is more addictive then heroin. (plus the doc was a jew)

The only way im gunna relapse is if its 100 percent shtf inevitable no future situation

>The only way im gunna relapse is if its 100 percent shtf inevitable no future situation

well don't use /pol to determine that. half the threads make it seem like the apocalypse is happening.

the chinese will make sure you always have cheap fentanyl.

Prices aren't going to tank, only thing that has dropped was number of listings in the past month.

>chinese will make sure you always have cheap fentanyl

best way to take over a country clever yellow man

In one month:
* Prices have dropped 6%
* Sales have dropped 12%

this is a crash if it continues.

fentanyl = chinese chemical weapons attack.

Condo sales dropped 6%, detached house sales dropped 20%. Actual sale price has barely dropped and went up by a huge amount in April so small price drop isn't unusual. Wait another month and sale prices will go up again.

you're in denial.

I develop land for a living, you have no clue what you're talking about and you are basing everything on the media.

now you're bargaining, but the truth is Macleans really did just wrote an article about bailing out canadian homeowners and it wasn't a larp article. It is literally what is being discussed in macleans.

>YFW YOU REQLIZE THIS IS THE EXACT REASON SO MANY RICH CHINESE BOUGHT REAL ESTATE

No Canadian media outlet has any credibility, if you lived in Canada you would know that Government has been trying to push for affordable housing to ruin the market for a few years now, still isn't going to crash anytime soon. Just wait and see buddy.

It's dropped significantly, our house which was valued at 850,000 4 months ago is about to now be listed for 699,000 because we waited too long.

Whereabouts?

>No Canadian media outlet has any credibility

Still bargaining, but yeah i get your meaning. your media is shit.

If the market actually crashed the most expensive houses drop first, and drop hard. Currently living in a home the government valued at 4 million for property tax purposes, and I have yet to see a drop anywhere in my area.

Fuck Vancouver and Toronto both are majority minority now anyway, any sane white person left those shitholes a long time ago

Buddy, prices go in more than one direction.

Except for the white neighborhoods with minimum 3 million dollar houses that no shitskin can afford like Rosedale and Lawrence Park.

Yep, this is what will happen in Australia, the govt will bail out these idiots with tax payers money, when your govt bails out every stupid devision made by the populace then you know your culture is in decline.

>our house which was valued at 850,000 4 months ago is about to now be listed for 699,000 because we waited too long.

Prices always follows volumes
t. chartered surveyor

>Getting addicted to one of the more deadly street drugs

Idiot

>If you can keep your head when all about you
>Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
>If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
>But make allowance for their doubting too;
>If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
>Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
>Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
>And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

>If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
>If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
>If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
>And treat those two impostors just the same;
>If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
>Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
>Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
>And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

>If you can make a heap of all your winnings
>And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
>And lose, and start again at your beginnings
>And never breathe a word about your loss;
>If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
>To serve your turn long after they are gone,
>And so hold on when there is nothing in you
>Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”

>If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
>Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
>If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
>If all men count with you, but none too much;
>If you can fill the unforgiving minute
>With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
>Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
>And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
t. based Rudyard Kipling

Don't be a cuck.

Waited too long for what? If you want to move to a bigger house then you are now better off.

>House worth 500,000 but want to move to one twice as big that costs 1,000,000
>Need to find extra 500,000 from somewhere
>House prices halve
>Now house is worth 250,000 but the next house is worth only 500,000
>Now only need to find extra 250,000

You should try encouraging him to get better instead of calling him names. He got addicted to a chinese chemical weapon, isn't that enough suffering.

Anyone who thought the bubble will never burst clearly are clearly not in the construction industry
It's clear that we are putting up to many houses that are being sold at too high of a cost.
Only Asians are buying them I wouldn't be surprised if its with money that was embezzled in china or something. To bail out people who should have known better would be a mistake.

you mean to say that those homes you lads have been building haven't really been gaining in value $600-$1000 per day?

Kek sounds like you don't have to worry about the future in that case

Nice knowing you breh

Sure, why not. It's not like Canada can get any more fucked up.

they should used the boomers pensions to do it

Naw, they'll use our kids' pensions. It's only fair.

i wonder if they will figure out a way to kick the can down the road too. probably not.

By that point we'll be ~12% white, so who knows. The Chinese might be able to figure out a way, the crafty buggers.

lmao the only thing getting bailed out when the RE bubble pops will be the Big 6 (banks).

bailed out with what?

Why deposits of course. More of a bail-in, really, but the legal framework is already in place. Pepper your angus.

Credit, of course. Canada's still got a good enough credit rating to plunge hundreds of billions of dollars deeper into the red.

>Canada's still got a good enough credit rating to plunge hundreds of billions of dollars deeper into the red.

moody's recently gave you a downgrade.

..this doesn't end well. The imf has probably already appraised your ports and stuff.