What is going to happen to San Francisco when the Tech Bubble pops?

What is going to happen to San Francisco when the Tech Bubble pops?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xoLgk9BnG4M
youtube.com/watch?v=cb3JKOyXtTc
youtube.com/watch?v=BLb3o65q0vk
youtube.com/watch?v=-aiVTZY7nf8
youtube.com/watch?v=wvFUFKCIDcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That bridge is a good enough answer

Fpbp
Better install more saftey nets

No

Techies will move to LA and Vegas and San Francisco will become a third world shithole. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It will be a shitstorm as there won't be an housing bubble to inflate in place of the tech bubble this time around - both will burst at around the same time, likely tech first then housing a bit later.

What is going to happen to your mom when the Fat Bubble pops?

youtube.com/watch?v=xoLgk9BnG4M

LA and LV ya

detroit with a coastline

>Las Vegas
Fuck off we're full. Too much Califaggots already

White Smuggies will lose 50% of their wealth due to depreciation of real estate value. Chinese will sweep in and buy up SF at a huge discount. SF become Chinese colony in 20 years.

>What is going to happen to San Francisco when the Tech Bubble pops?

Designated streets.

I hope it happens soon. It's really a nice city, just ruined by fags and yuppies at the moment. Maybe it will finally become livable.

People will move out of CA to anywhere else. Too expensive to live there without a job.

It becomes a wealthy version of Tijuana just like all of California, and the Southwest?

I think you're an amazing city, but you have a problem with alcoholism that needs to be addressed.

Hell yeah, always had fags but the yuppies are worse.
San Francisco will never go bust like Detroit, it was fine better before the tech bro startup douchebags fucked up the real estate market. It would be a godsend if they all went belly up.

fucked up bro

Trust me, those problems were restricted to the strip before Califaggots and illegal beaners began infesting this place. At least Henderson is still very comfy but most areas noticeably devolved over time.

The tech bubble popped already back in the late 90's. It recovered fine. What people should be more worried about is the big one.

Software increases but not hardware?

I want every non-native Californian to move out of California. San Francisco used to be a nice place now it's shit. Same with the rest of the bay area.
No one who grew up there with me can afford to live there anymore or live in surrounding areas. Fuck everyone who ruined where I grew up.

HEHEHEHE, THEY WILL BE SO FUCKED. IT IS A MEME CAREER, GET FUCKED RETARDS

>t. doctor that makes more in a month than you do in a year because IT is a meme

No the black line is the VIX (volatility index) which is basically at record lows showing that investors are essentially pricing in no risk whatsoever - maximum complacency. This means that when the panic selling starts it will be very difficult to stop.

The red line is the NASDAQ itself, blowing way past the first tech bubble highs of 2000.

a chinese colony

Can someone give me a run down on the "tech bubble"? What do you mean?

hopefully a 9.9 mega-thrust quake on the san Andreas fault will drop it into the pacific

Well there's bound to be a collapse sooner or later, I assume it will be later because tptb won't let another crash happen so soon

See the chart I posted of the NASDAQ index which represents the tech sector in the US

See webm.

I bet you think Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real and just sit there waiting too.

What show is this from?

Real life

the housing market of the bay area never dropped , even during the recession, it just stagnated.
all the disastrous real estate shit happened in the outskirt areas like stockton
tech could burst but the real estate market will never drop, not in SF , probably not ever again in oakland or the East bay in general either
not that any of you clowns know shit about real estate or anything, but the idea of housing ever dropping in SF is a crackpipe fantasy

It's from the year 2020. It was leaked back in time by Trump's time traveling activities.

Full House

TOO BIG TO FAIL

BAIL IT OUT

You're actually right. The bridge is constantly in dire need of repair and painting. Imagine what could be done with a thousand desperate guys, and I'm not talking village people bridge party.

Well, as fine as I am with this, leave the outskirts of LA alone at least. Or at least just unleash carpet bombs in the downtown LA area if you really need to.

>tfw it's the Fuller House series finale
What a dark turn the show took.

Real estate will get cheaper for about ten minutes. I'll buy a house in San Jose at that moment and rent it out for enough to cover itself. Prices will return to climbing to new and ever more ridiculous heights.

damn, that is cold but i could see the suicide rate skyrocketing

fpbp

you know I'm right... the place is worse than Sodom or Gomorrah ever hoped to be

It'll all be for naught when some gutter punks inhabit the house you've bought and demand squatters' rights.

Yeah, but no such thing is possible. It's a stupid fucking conspiracy theory that got taken seriously because of a stupid fucking movie. Get educated on fault lines instead of listening to Tool for once.

Tech will not "bust" in San Fran however you will see other places maybe Dallas entice people and companies who don't want to spend 90% of their paycheck on rent to move to them.

Property in San Francisco, South Bay and parts of the East Bay will never crash.

Why? Because you now have people that came here (Chinese, Indians, etc) that brought their entire family here as well. As in dug up ancestors to rebury them here.

So this place will always be expensive and get more expensive as time goes by.

On a side note my grandparents bought their house for $14,300 way back in 1970. Today it is worth according to zillow between $3,500,000 and 4,200,000.

It is sad that normal people can't afford a house anymore around here.

Hopefully lots of cannibalism, OP.

And anyway, we're already discussing San Francisco in a different thread. Enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=cb3JKOyXtTc

That picture is actually really cute. Thanks for sharing it OP. I'll go heartfap now.

How long can all the startups continue without making a profit?

Who gives a fuck about San Francisco?

I work a few miles from that bridge. I'll grab a beer, get a good view and livestream a few suicides if you fuckers want.

lots of homeless people

jk, already there

judgement

youtube.com/watch?v=BLb3o65q0vk

youtube.com/watch?v=-aiVTZY7nf8

As long as dumb investors sexist indefinitely. I would be more scared what will happen when Uber and Amazon outlast their opposition. Say goodbye to low prices

I am from SF. AMA.

This is the third bubble, nothing's happened yet.

set up feeds from different angles, sell to PPV

What do you do? What district do you live in?

You some sort of techie cocksucker?

I am a developer I make pretty good money is it really better for my career to try to make it there?

I work in the medical field. I was a NEET for about 3 years until I got my act together. Lived in Outer Sunset my entire life.

i am not a techie, no. But my friends are art majors in digital or media or graphic design or whatever. They like their jobs but hate how every single of one of those fuckers are SJW nutjobs.

Also I didn't vote because I honestly didn't care who won.

Same thing that happened to Detroit when the automotive indutry left

Oh, so you're Asian.

That's a nice area.

I was speaking mostly poetically... whether it literally falls into the Pacific or is just reduced to wasteland I'll be content.

and don;t think it doesn't pain me to feel this way... pic related is the exact location I conceived my first born son ..Waddell Creek beach in those coastal pines.. I love the region but despise the human element which makes it ,politically speaking a nightmare.

Yes I'm Asian.

A lot of Asians tend to stick together for some reason. And a lot of them have strong conservative values.

It's only those godamn mainlander Chinks that give us all a bad name. They have no regards for the law or other people. I fucking hate them so much.

kek
>you so called asians is goin into slavery

>didn't vote

Disgusting

I don't blame you for hating SF, and I say this as a Californian. It's a toxic shithole filled with faggots, muzzies, EVEN MORE illegals, and morons who unironically think nonbinary is an actual thing. It deserves to get minced.

I honestly didn't believe he'd win. Everyone in my house jumped up and down celebrating Trump's victory.

Now I learned my lesson that democracy does work and that good ultimately trumps evil every time.

>It's only those godamn mainlander Chinks that give us all a bad name. They have no regards for the law or other people.
SF Hong Konger Chinks are pretty shit as well, no manners and they all have these dead-looking grey eyes when they get older

Family Matters did it first!

Marin?

>A lot of Asians tend to stick together for some reason.

That's true of most descendants of immigrant groups to a relatively confined area, when there are those sorts of enduring cultural ties.

>And a lot of them have strong conservative values.

True, which is why it's always baffled me that they so tend to vote Democrat (not that Ds and Rs fall neatly into distinctions of conservativeness).

Especially since Democrats have been pretty fucking shitty to certain groups of Asians in the 20th century.

that's all I mean.. its for some weird reason almost as long as its been a city magnified the worst of humanity... they embrace the degenerate at the highest levels of government and it is in that sense a festering cesspool of human abomination.... scour it off that element and begin a fresh because as far as weather and geography its about the finest place on Earth.

Will do

Nah, wish I did live there. Beautiful place.

I think it's a relatively recent phenomenon, actually. SF wasn't so bad in the first half of the 20th C

Most places in America weren't that bad in the first half of the 20th century

i think it comes with how they were raised and the cultural differences in the US.

My dad always says that US workers are lazy because you get praised even if you do a bad job. My dad got hit by his bosses for doing that. Back then it happens all the time. Even if you bust your ass no one ever says thank you because you are just doing what you are supposed to be doing. It was a huge cultural shock for him when people started praising his hard work and organization skills.

I think what you don't see is that HK people aren't dead inside. It's just that they're using their defense mechanisms to withstand abuse. It's highly competitive and there is population is highly dense.

Imagine if they went to a southern state of the US where neighbors are friendly and invite you over and bring you gifts all the time. I'd imagine they'd be feeling bad about themselves and how they've lived their lives until now.

a lot (if not most) of Asian American politicians are corrupt as fuck and trick voters into thinking they will support them

>because as far as weather and geography its about the finest place on Earth
>SF
Dear god no. What the fuck is wrong with you? SF is the land of eternal winter and the geography imposes all kinds of limitations

I work in San Mateo. Rent a tiny hovel in San Jose. Looking for a place to move to after I'm done raking in money living here. Thinking San Diego, Austin, or Des Moines. Maybe Portland.

>a lot (if not most) of Asian American politicians are corrupt as fuck and trick voters into thinking they will support them
Jappo here, Horiuchi and Tanaka deserve to be tortured to death

OC = Best weather
Yosemite = Best geography

>SF is the land of eternal winter

This is bull

they'll be ok
they're still plently of major companies besides tech there and real estate alone can sustain them
youtube.com/watch?v=wvFUFKCIDcs

>rain all summer
>foggy all spring
it's only sunny in the fall until it starts getting cold in the winter

Honestly? Nothing.

SF has been a place for rich folk in any economy. It will weather all of the vicissitudes.

>rain all summer
?

SF was a cesspit of degeneracy for much of the 19th Century. The 1906 Earthquake destroyed almost the entire city and it was rebuilt from scratch free of degeneracy. It started creeping back in during the 60s and 70s.

wtf now i love earthquakes

Yeah, people that went homeless a few years ago are the smart ones. They now have the best spots.

>it's only sunny in the fall until it starts getting cold in the winter

It never gets cold in san francisco. The place is always room temp.

Whether we like it or not, it's an eternal cycle which will doom the city forever. Big earthquakes only help temporarily.

Yeah, SF and GOokland could use another fire and earthquake. So long as it doesn't take out Hayward and San Jose. There's still hope for those places.

Things will get interesting when CA taxes Google and/or Apple out of the state.

Well it helped for a good six decades. And it only started creeping back in when the rest of American cities started suffering similar decay. It wound up suffering more because all the fucking hippies and fags started congregating here.