Do you /catholic/ bros just pretend or do you actually study the faith?

Do you /catholic/ bros just pretend or do you actually study the faith?

Read up on the saints, there is one for almost every occasion and you can ask for help.

Let me know if you want to know anything about our saints and God be with you, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html
youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I figure out which Saint is watching over me? Or rather my personal patron saint?

is over there

Is that your book OP?

Which Lives of the Saints book is the best?

Never forget that the light of the saints shines before men, through their deeds we are exposed to virtue and perennial fountains of progress in perfection as well as a wealth of knowledge.

Tell me something about yourself

Yes, inherited from my grandmother who is a saint in her own right and has an encyclopedic knowledge of our faith.

I know pretty much everything OP. What is your Saint name, mine is nick.

My grandmother has always prayed to Gonzaga, patron of students, on my behalf. Even being a young professional, I still consider him my patron saint because there is always something new to learn. My first name is Mark after the apostle. Middle and preferred name is Patrick, after the saint who I also follow given my heritage and his teachings.

So gonzaga is your patron saint from when you got confirmed?

Some people may say that you should only pray to Christ but all Saints are an immatation of his image, reflecting the virtues and perfections of our savior.

Interesting btw, my cousins first and middle name is also Mark Patrick

No, I chose St. Mark.

Saint Martin Luther is the only one I care about besides the disciples.
Enjoy your depressive atheistic hell kike.

Congrats on being the first prod of the thread

I'm confused. Is your name mark and Saint name mark also? (Saint name is patron saint you chose)

Correct. I am named after my father and as a junior I went by my middle name, which was Patrick. So I chose mark for saint name because I wanted to use my first name for once, plus Mark wrote the second gospel...

Ok lol. Got it. I chose Nicholas

If your American it only makes sense that you should be Mormon! you can be part of the church and still fuck like a china man and potential have multiple wives

>Enjoy your depressive atheistic hell kike
proofs?

A prayer for young anons to Gonzaga, the patron of Catholic Youths. This may help you more than you expect

O most glorious Saint Aloysius, who hast been honored by the Church with the fair title of "angelic youth," because of the life of utmost purity thou didst lead here on earth, I come before thy presence this day with all the devotion of my mind and heart. O perfect exemplar, kind and powerful patron of young men, how great is my need of thee! The world and the devil are trying to ensnare me; I am conscious of the arbor of my passions; I know full well the weakness of inconstancy of my age. Who shall be able to keep me safe if not thou, O Saint of angelic purity, the glory and honor, the loving protector of youth? To thee, therefore, I have recourse with all my soul, to thee I commit myself with all my heart. I hearby resolve, promise and desire to be especially devout toward thee, to glorify thee by imitating thy extraordinary virtues and in particular thy angelic purity, to copy thy example, and to promote devotion to thee among companions. O dear Saint Aloysius, do thou guard and defend me always, in order that, under thy protection and following thy example, I may one day be able to join with thee in seeing and praising my God forever in heaven. Amen

popery is for bonafied cucks!

Catholic bro reporting in.

>not taking into account the lives of great men who put something larger than themselves first

Weak cunt

I started reading pic related last night. Highly recommend this for anyone getting started with Catholicism. I'm confirmed but never payed attention in Catholic school. Regret it tbqh

Welcome user, I encourage you to pray to our patron saint of catholic youth, Gonzaga.

Who will help me if I want to stop masturbating?

What do you want to know?

a girlfriend

Lol. They have that online too. Pope John Paul 2nd wrote it right? It's a good read

Why not read The Bible?

I mean realistically though

What are you struggling with in life? What are your prayers?

Well, a lot to be honest with you. Do you mind if I go on a little bit of a long spiel?

As I mentioned many times in this thread, Gonzaga is the patron of Catholic youth and probably your best bet.

No, user. Go ahead

Good question, Catholicism existed for over a thousand years before the Bible was first written so there is a lot of tradition from the mass and other aspects of the faith not covered in the Bible. The Bible is a must read too.

The Roman Catholic Church has the keys to the kingdom of Heaven locked away from all of it's believers. The vatican is literally the belly of the beast (crowned serpent) full of dead sheep.

The key is accepting Christ and following his example, which is why we revere the saints.

Fuck you! You're the weak one. I have done my research. There is no solid evidence at all for popery. Peter was not the first pope.

The vatican is nothing but a bunch of pedophiles who try to usurp the authority of Jesus Christ.

Not to mention the current pope is a stupid ass idiot cuck liberal.

st francis of assisi used to strip naked when he wanted to beat off and dive into briar bushes to lacerate his flesh and cause him pain till his horniness passed
isn't mental illness grand?

Niggers are the reason I abandoned religion.
Worthless subhumans that proves evolution is real.

Decapitation of the hands

Well, I'm unbaptized to start with. I hope this doesn't cause a problem. I believe in all the tenets but my local churches have been less than unhelpful in my attempts to join the Church.

Anyway, I struggle a lot with temptation for lust and drugs. I can't help but stare at women lustfully, committing adultery as Jesus says. I recently stopped doing drugs (weed, psychedelics, etc) but the temptation is still there.

I struggle a lot with our future, and my personal future. Our future being the future of our people, and our religion. I fear that the European races will lose complete faith in God and we will be overwhelmed, and I'm afraid of the corruption of Christianity. My personal future, I have no idea what I wish to do. I want to get married, and I want to have kids, and I want to set myself up good so that way I can provide for them a good life.

I pray for a soulmate, one that worships and loves God as much as I do, and one that is traditionally minded, beautiful, fit, and compliments me in every way.

I struggle a lot with anger and wrath too, which I struggle very much to control.

Peter was the first pope though

Forgot pic.

Matthew 23:9

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Exodus 20:4

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth"

Still only see a penis

What did Thomas Acquinas do? Why is he referenced in Deus Ex?

Meanwhile in early christians

Sup Forums should read what Catholics around the world believe about Muslims. Taken right from the Catechism (the word means "instruction")

Line 841

Meanwhile in early christianity

Neither of which are even kind of relevant to this.

Meanwhile in Paul

user, it is ok. Real men did great things, including sacrificing their own lives, to support a cause they believed in. We should easily relate to this. Please, no need to resort to profanity and exclamations. I can't debate particulars of theology, only offer the dedication of man to God's Will

>You will know them by their fruits

Protestants DONT know God will

Dam

Doesn't the 27 characteristics of The Anti-christ fit the papacy of rome perfectly?

Wiw

It fits Protestabtism properly

What does any of this crap have to do with treating a "saint" as though they were God through prayer?

Idol worship is very relevant here. It is only appropriate to pray to God.

The early christians prove this

I don't believe in fairytales.

It isn't but it by your logic violate the commandment prohibiting images

Oops the early Christians just committed idolatry

And here, an early christian worshipping Mary by your logiv

I don't know anything about that P word you just said.

Who is the saint for type 1 diabetics?

Goodness, that's pretty common stuff user. Sounds like your self denial is there though. Wrath is not yours, you attempt chastity at least, and struggle with lust (luxury , drug, carnal). Stay strong.

Met a couple catholic priests for the first time over the last weekend. Kind of spooked me desu. They came on a little strong and they seem to have a very straight forward and un-nuanced belief in every single superstition. One of them closed his eyes and started talking to a dead saint in the middle of our conversation.

Still think the faith is for me though, I'll just have to accept that priests are weird

Catholicism is a conversion of roman polytheism. you pray to saints because Romans used to pray to the roman gods monotheism in there minds is inferior and the only way to make them believe was to have multiple saints added over a period of time. Be wary of the catholic religion. Worshiping of saints and praying to Mary is idolatry. Dont let them trick you into thinking you cant speak to God yourself. God wants you to have a personal relationship with his son Jesus Christ. God made himself human in the form of Jesus so that he could be with us
and struggle with us. Jesus Knows the suffering of humans and the struggle. he wants to be a part of your life. Castholicism wants you to thing you're not worthy to talk to God. Yet Jesus washed the feet of his disciples as if he was a servant. God is worth of our love. don't shut him out over traditions. Read a bible without a catholic agenda. Jesus paid the ultimate price for your sins! no priest can save you but Jesus

All the early Christians deny the five solaes

Deal with it

You cannot know the father without the son.

We're not praying TO saints. Just invoking them and asking them to pray for us.

This is saint worship from martyrdom of Polycarp

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.

I still don't know what your talking about. I was raised with mormons.

Daily reminder that Jews and Muslims are your brothers in Christ and worship the same God as you.

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God,

If they were worshipping statues of Paul or Mary then they completely missed the point of the entire Bible. Probably because they never read it. Just like most Catholics.

Mormons are morons

Like all Protestant

I feel like this is a trap. This board feels very trollable....are you trying to get me to make fun of you?
There is no Trinity, Sabbath is Saturday, and there is no sacrament in the Bible.
Cut back on the flesh and blood, and read the Bible more.
Seriously you guys, get over yourselves, we're allowed to own Bibles now. We all know.
youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A

I remember I was in a book store once and cam across a hard cover of that book with some of the nicest illustrations. I was going to buy it but instead bought some other book that I reallly wanted to read. I can't remember what book it was but now I wish I had bought the book of the saints.

user thank you for taking to the time the time to type this out.

You are not alone and I am sure many of the posters on this site have faced the same dilemmas.

A priest is a great resource but a hard place to start. If you truly struggle with substance abuse and feel it must be addressed I strongly suggest Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous. I myself am in recovery. Ease into your recovery.

Do not pray put of fear or desire. Simply pray for the strength to fulfill God's will.

You will be ok user. Grab a bible and read, get a book on saints and consult a priest when you are ready.

Oy Vey!

Exactly. "Hail Mary, full of grace. PRAY FOR US sinners..."

St. Joseph. Working man's saint. Stay faithful brothers.

He aint

But he is saying Mary is the cause of salvation

Protestantism have zero basis in history

Don't forget, you, and everyone (including non-Christians) has a guardian angel personally appointed for you by God.

That's Catholic dogma.

You can talk or pray to your guardian angel, and ask him to help you (I suppose angels don't technically have a gender - they are spiritual beings - but I think of them as male).

>have to have a personal relationship

Source?

Polytheistic hogwash on top of stolen paganism.

>I suppose angels don't technically have a gender - they are spiritual beings
Daily reminder that christcucks believe in transgenderism.

Source?

Protestant hating the early Christians

I really don't understand you guyd

You want us to seriously start praying to saints (not biblical whatsoever), give up fapping and sex, reading muh catechism

Sup Forums needs a catholicuck purge

>asking saints for help
literal heresy
you should only be praying to God

Explain

"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

"God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows: 'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho", [41: 8-10]

Why do these Protestants give you such an erection? Were you molested by one as a child and like it?

im not lutheran senpai. im non denominational. i dont let religions denominational traditions get in the way of God. like most denominations do.

Both the patron saint of your birthday and baptism day.
t. Saint Lawrence of Brindisi and S. Ambrosius.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

this.

Protestants hate the bible

Ecplain that

Meanwhile in early Chridtian