LOL

LOL

THESE PEOPLE THINK TRUMP BLOCKING THEM ON TWITTER IS A VIOLATION OF THE FIRST AMENDMENT

twitter.com/tribelaw/status/872233133869076483

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tribelaw/status/872233133869076483
washingtonexaminer.com/blocking-someone-on-twitter-is-not-a-first-amendment-violation/article/2625145
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A public forum hosted on a privately owned website? How does that work?

>twitter.com/tribelaw/status/872233133869076483

He is a leading First Amendment scholar, and has been for a long time. He has also used his scholarship to advance left-wing causes since forever. I may take a glance at this to see what he says, but haven't looked at it yet. I did notice that a counter-argument was set out here (it doesn't mention Tribe):

>Blocking someone on Twitter is not a First Amendment violation
washingtonexaminer.com/blocking-someone-on-twitter-is-not-a-first-amendment-violation/article/2625145

This writer dismantles the anti-Trump argument thoroughly and convincingly.

Having someone block you on twitter isn't a violation of the Constitution.

What exactly is a "First Am scholar" (or "Constitution scholar like Obama) ? There is no objective standard of who is right or wrong. It's all just your opinion. If the opinion is from a judge, we'll pretend to respect it. Otherwise, just fuck off.

The Left is the biggest offender to the spirit of freely expressing oneself and civilly debating each other.

just sign out of twitter. the public can see everything he says.

>I put up a poster of Drumpft being fucked by a horse on the white house fence
>government took it down
>Muh first amendment rights

Liberals must get off on being perpetually disappointed.

>There is no objective standard of who is right or wrong. It's all just your opinion. If the opinion is from a judge, we'll pretend to respect it.

That's what a 1st Amendment scholar is in a nutshell though. He spends ton of time studying case law and making convincing arguments to bring before judges.

nah that's retarded

>get blocked from PBS comments because I probably said something rightwing at some point

>What is the @POTUS account?

or open an incognito window
these people are upset they can't spam trump's replies for attention from other shitlibs

spicer did call them official statements by the president, which does open the door to a legal challenge

>spam the shit out of some guy with annoying tweets
>get blocked for being an annoying cunt

Take it out if context of it being trump and it's suddenly a-ok. These people are fucking insane and suddenly live the 1st amendment.

ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THIS YOU ASSHOLE

Hahahaha these check marked Lib cucks are so salty that trump fucked up the one and only way they feel important and source of attention in their pathetic lives.

How so? The tweets are easily seen by logging out. You can easily tweet to the president through his POTUS account or by making a new Twitter. Literally zero activity is being prevented here.

>wtf i love the first amendment now

i fucking hate these people

>@tribelaw
(((Tribe))) law

As if judges follow some kind of rules and traditions that are logical and predictable to sensible minds.

On such political issues, judges are always political activists, ruling for the favor of his own party.

MY RIGHT TO USE TWITTER SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!

>>wtf i love the first amendment now
Wait, why is Trump blocking conservative?

twitter is not a public forum due to membership being required even if the membership is free

@potus is the public account he can block whoever he wants from @realdonaldtrump

oooooohhh noooooooo sweeeetie how will you get clicks now?

Actually, guys, this is GREAT for conservative, if libs got what they want.

Our problem is not that government restricts speeches. It is the private forums that do that for the Left.

If private forums are required to provide equal chances for all voices to be heard, the Left is fucked.

no.

Can we get Tila Tequila back then?

i vaguely recall him blocking that sweetieposter and she decided to call a lawyer

is this the end result of that?

Could Twitter ban Trump for no reason? Not saying that they will, but genuinely curious.

They're a private platform right? Obviously they would get a ton of flak for it, but it's not illegal right?

Why would Trump block quality content like this?

bullshit assertion repeated in headline as fact, noice

> troll and harass the president on twitter
> get blocked
> cry because 1st amendment

Do these people feel the same way about Spez blocking any pro Trump posts from the "Front Page of the Internet"? If not, it's just more liberal hypocrisy and can be safely ignored.

And I'm pretty sure most of the "people" he blocked are bots. He blocked them because the same tweeters are always spamming his feed. Bots don't have First Amendment rights.

No rights are even being infringed upon. They can still see the President's tweets if they really want to. They are upset they can't spam his feed with insults for everyone to see anymore. Remember when they said hate speech isn't free speech?

>trump counter sues for cyberbullying and wins

>it's not illegal right?
No, it's not illegal. But it would be a very stupid business decision. The whole point of Twitter is to have famous people say controversial things that other people want to discuss/retweet. Trump is the very pinnacle of what Twitter was designed for.

But yeah, the guys that run Twitter are all lefty faggots so they could do it out of spite. At which point I'm sure there would be some backlash, but it's definitely not illegal.

>anti-blocking principles
Huh? This retards a lawyer?

They will ban him prior to the 2020 election

Trump does not need twitter. He can use whatever platform to push his messages. People will subscribe because he is Trump.

Twitter will not kick out Trump. They keep him on their platform, so that they can still impose some kind of filtering and manipulations, like promoting all the anti-trumpers as top comments.

This is fucking retarded, even by the standards of a party who think there are 67 genders. If the POTUS can revoke press passes to the white house he can sure as fuck block someone on Twitter. Or I guess I missed the part where the POTUS is obligated to personally take every phone call and read every letter or email from every American.

It is though. Dumpfy should be ashamed at what he's doing.

He's not stopping anyone from saying anything, he just doesn't want to hear it.
>soooo not freedom of speech but more redress of grievances?

>Twitter will not kick out Trump.
It would be stupid to do, because he makes them tons of money and like you said they can promote contrary views.

But these fags are hard-left. They really might do it simply because it was her turn and all.

but not allowing milo on campus isn't a violation on first amendment

got it shitlibs
ironic how they're the facists

The ACLU threatened to sue the governor of my state because he blocked people on Facebook.

tell them it's a private company.

If Facebook can delete alt right messages then trump can block SJW cucks who want to scream at him

>Twitter cracks down hard on anti SJW and conservative users in 2015
>Kids no longer use it, only virtue signalling liberals, companies, and politicians
>yaywemadeasafespace.jpeg
>Fast forward to 2016, Trump wins
>Shareblue and Media Matters verify a bunch of nobodies to harass and spam Trump's twatter to make it looks like everyone hates him.
>Astroturfing at its finest
>Trump lets this continue for a few months because he's not the most tech literate guy out there
>One day Trump finally learns about the block feature and blocks hundreds of these verified nobodies
>Said nobodies chimp out because their whole lives revolved around "trolling" the president
>They probably lost their Brock bux from Shareblue
>MFW the very same people who censored Twitter and turned it into the unbearable cesspit it is today are now bitching about free speech and the 1st amendment
This is fucking gold.

there is LITERALLY NO REASON that people are making this argument except that butthurt literally-who nobody leaches want to shitpost on trump's twitter feed and get publicity.
>NOTICE ME DAD!!!!!!!!! I'M DOING SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!!!
All the lofty-sounding 1st amendment excuses are just cover for daddy issues.

They thought Trump tweets are only hurting Trump.

Yeah, they may change their mind next election. But there's no point of removing him from Twitter. The question is how will the media report his words. Maybe they'll just try to ignore him. But on the other hand, their customers really want to hear it, so they can't help it.

>If the POTUS can revoke press passes to the white house he can sure as fuck block someone on Twitter.

Not only that, but politicians routinely expel protestors from their events, and political parties disallow participation by hostile party members.

>He is a leading First Amendment scholar
am i Sup Forums posting solider now?

People have been bitching about all these social media sites are retarded. Everyone thinks using social media is a right and not a business.

Old people and young people have no clue how the internet works. They think it's a library.

its literally rape and you know it cisscum

>ciss cum

>Ban trump from twitter
>IT guy sets up a new twitter, trump jumps aboard so he can continue communicating with people
>Supporters flock to new twitter
>New twitter has actual free speech, trump's posts actually get supportive comments, there's no longer a flood of liberal bots, there's no more political censorship of trending tags
>People join the new twitter just to hear what trump has to say, and stick with it because it's better than old twitter
>In the end, twitter has only btfo itself

Banning trump is one of the best things Twitter could do. I can only hope they shoot themselves in the foot and actually do it.

And if anyone in the whitehouse is reading this, particular anyone dealing with PR or whatever. Get the fuck on top of this. Get a twitter alternative planned out. Set or prepare something like that even BEFORE twitter starts censoring the president. You guys would be a chess move ahead of these liberal morons, especially if you can grow the twitter alternative's mindshare before you need to use it.

Liberals have way too much control of the media and it happens because they:

1. Are willing to start these sorts of businesses
2. Have the kind of corrupt asshats available to fund and support them even when they aren't profitable and lose money hand over fist

Some genuine competition is needed. Media right now is a one-sided affair and the whitehouse and republicans still aren't on top of it or resolving it.

The POTUS account MAYBE. But his personal account. Not even a little.

If he makes official statements from his personal account, which the white house has taken the position that he does, why not?

Why on earth would they ban him? He brings more engagement to that shitty company than anyone else on the planet. They need all the attention they can get.

He tweets from personal acct. not @ Optus. I.e. His private acct. not the gov. Approved therefore just a private user.

>2017
>Harvard
Gee you would think a bunch of retards who use the validation of an old building to prop up bad ideas and intellectual rot. Maybe this guy wrote a rap album for his tenure.

>A public forum hosted on a privately owned website? How does that work?
The public organization gets permission from the private owners to provide them with the space like literally any forum hosted in a rented space across the country.

Because public =/= private
Otherwise we must know everything about what Obama says, otherwise he should have been impeached

Agree and amplify. Let's get Twitter declared a public space so the first amendment applies and we can shitpost these fucks into oblivion without getting banned.

>(((Tribe)))

The jokes write themselves.

Because he still exists as an individual which is why you can be restricted from running up to him and forcing him into a conversation with you. He has the right to leave that conversation whether in person or virtually.

(((tribe)))
those shitheads call for the censoring of us, but when trump doesnt want to get spammed they chimp out these fucking retarded idiots

>I wanna virtue signal
>WHY WONT YOU LET ME VIRTUE SIGNAL
-the liberals

>Liberals must get off on being perpetually disappointed.
Livin the cuck life

Now there's some proactive thinking on the matter. But it would ultimately not be worth it. We have jobs and shit going on. There's not as many of us that could dedicate the time the left has to constantly shitposting on twitter

Lol
Twitter is nigger tier social media. It's a Disney product that started with athletes and ESPN pushing statements on it. Complete propaganda tool for the sheep now.

Trump should get on a Twitter clone with gab.ai type of moderation (none).

I think the constant losing since Nov 8th has driven them all a bit crazy.

It's always worked this way

And it's why moderation ends up being cancer - they abuse moderation to censor opposing viewpoints.

>Free speech exists

>Make a lot of noise and be a genuine fucktard nuisance so nobody can hear each other speak
>People get mad and create moderation structure to ban you
>MUH FREE SPEECH when that happens
>If they let up on the ban, you go back to being a total fucktard making it impossible for people to talk with each other
>If they don't let up on the ban, you move to step 2:

>Now you co-opt the moderation structure, become admins and janitors
>Start censoring the legitimate free speech
>Use the same excuse used to ban you to justify your banning of the opinions you don't like

That's why more moderation (as some have argued for here on Sup Forums) isn't the right approach.

What's actually needed is a way for individuals to increase the signal:noise ratio. Not to the point that they only hear what they want to hear, but enough that fucktards can't drown out actual discussion. You'll notice the above tactics are applied regularly to Sup Forums to try and censor speech and discussion here already.

Checked

>Trump lets this continue for a few months because he's not the most tech literate guy out there
Don't be so sure, user. The Lord of Sunlight is a grandmaster troll himself. What better way to break their spirits than to let them elevate their egos for several months prior to the collapse?

It's a fucking twitter account not the airport marriot conference room

This is so ridiculous and in a sane world this would be laughed out of court but this will probably have to go all the way to SCOTUS to be struck down.

they can still make their snarky comments to the wind. 1st Amendment preserved.

Is twitter a formal form of communication from POTUS? Better question! IS POTUS twitter and comments property of said POTUS and transferable during and after his / her term?

He doesn't have to actually listen to your opinions.

Based

>mfw trump used laud laurence tribe during the campaign and he ended up being a never trumper

>check mark accounts have more first amendment rights than we do

fuck this gay earth

>we have jobs and shit going on

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahah a no words

maybe trump's plan is to switch to gab.ai

That never happened though. Accounts are free, you don't need permission to make and use one.

>the making for to hard things
>courageously make new account
>not smart hard stuff me make stupid no longer stuff thing

>it's okay to ban people from Twitter, they're a private company and not subject to the first amendment
>you can't block me on Twitter! That violates the first amendment!

Is the account property? Who Owns the property? How can it be against a right if it has no legal definition of property. The US has thousands of idiotic laws on the books. Sup Forums should decide this one

These are the same fucks that want to remove the first amendment to begin with. When will genocide these fucks.

>It's perfectly okay for Twitter and Facebook to censor/remove right-wing opinions!
>OMG TRUMP BLOCKED ME ON TWITTER AFTER I CALLED HIM A NAZI FASCIST WITH A TOUPEE, MUH FIRST AMENDMENT

>Eric Goldman, a Santa Clara University law professor who focuses on internet law,
>Eric Goldman
>Goldman

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Let them file a law suit which will immediately be thrown out.

Obama blocked people all the time and not a peep from these supposed defenders of the First Amendment. Bunch of jews.

>The public organization gets permission from the private owners to provide them with the space like literally any forum hosted in a rented space across the country.

Except that politicians hold forums exclusive to their supporters at such events all the time, and they expel protestors.

This lawsuit isn't going anywhere.

I'm not allowed to voice my opinions on Twitter because I will be suspended for being conservative.
>Free speech doesn't apply to corporate tools, companies can do whatever they want.

Trump blocked me and I can't shitpost at him all day long pr reply with spam comments.
>OMFG Twitter is a public forum and the 1str amendment always applies with no restrictions whatsoever, even though public forums have rules that can easily ban you from them. When I want to show threatening images of Trumps severed head and shitpost constantly and obstruct conversation with pointless tired rhetoric and lies, I should be allowed to without end.

Fucking liberals, Jesus Christ. Next thing they will argue is that slavery is ok, as long as companies do it and only to whites. Oh wait...

Most importantly, they are usually professors who indoctrinate young lawyers. I am not aware of many legal "scholars" who do not teach as well. That's just the way legal academia is.

Usually, if you've made it through indoctrination camp (HS, Undergrad) and maintained right-wing views you aren't going to lose them in law school. I certainly didn't, I became even more right-wing.

t. Lawfag in 2017 'murica

people on Sup Forums hate boomer - man I really am beginning to hate millennials - they are so fucked up and think the whole fucking world revolves strictly for them and their whims and owes them something and I hate boomers for creating such a false narrative for them to believe.

Technically he's allowed too! the fact that it's a violation of "free speech" can be easily ruled out considering that the USA is a free country meaning that Trump is free to block people since he is the owner of his own Twitter account

They know that, which is why they're saying "Trump's Twitter account is a public forum" rather than "Twitter is a public forum."

Fuck them. Conservatives are the most censored class of people around. Hell, even light Trump supporters like Scott Adams were getting throttled and shadowbanned.

>(((Tribe)))
>completely absurd argument that is only difficult to refute by virtue of the sheer brazeness of the lies and sophistry it contains

Guys...was Hitler right?

Twatter has a monopoly and could reasonably be considered an open forum.

However Trump isn't stopping people from expressing themselves.

its not the presidential account that hes blocking people with
thats his personal account