I'm christian and I have a muslim friend arguing this point, can Sup Forums help

I'm christian and I have a muslim friend arguing this point, can Sup Forums help.

I'm arguing that Jesus abolished the 10 commandments while he is saying that Christians still follow them. He sites Matthew 19:16 and 5:17.

I know as christians we don't follow these but I'm not sure how to explain it to him. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics
newadvent.org/summa/2100.htm#article3
biblehub.com/colossians/2-14.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus didn't abolish the 10 Commandments, Christians are supposed to follow them.

This

He did not abolish the 10 commandments it says "I came not to abolish the law" you Marcionite.

Jesus came to hold up the law knowing there is no way we can keep every law and commandment perfectly. He died for our sins and the things we can't measure up to. You should still follow them but Jesus is there to bail u out if and when u fail. Just repent and be genuine

Jesus outlines pretty much all of the Ten Commandments in his teachings, just read the gospels.

The Ten Commandments are important still, but the law has been fulfilled.

Unfortunately, Muslims are very ignorant of Christian theology. Bring the fight to him, ask why Mohammed ( a supposed divine perfect prophet of God ) ordered the torture of a Jewish man just to find some treasure. Mohammed wasn't prophesied either, as they can only be from the lineage of Israel.

/thread

>Just repent and be genuine

NO. STOP SINNING!

youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics

Thanks, I guess lessen the importance is a better way of putting it.

>I know as Christians we don't follow these
wut

Yes, the importance is lessened. Jesus came to enforce the old law, but saw the decadence of the jews and corrected their behavior. He fulfilled his prophecies and is the King of Kings. What Jesus says to do will always override what Moses was given 500 years prior.

Also ask him if he loves Jesus and Mary. If he actually knows his religion, he'll say yes. Ask him if Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead. If he isn't a fake wahab rat, he'll say yes. Ask him if Jesus's name is in the Koran more than Mohammed's. If he can read, he will say yes.

Alright thanks a lot. I appreciate the help my friend. I will next time we talk.

He did not lessen the importance, they are still sins, (((they))) are trying to lessen them for christians.
Jesus did give a way to repent without killing yourself together with the infidels. Tell your goatfucker that.

And if he tries to rebuke you with some comment about race/not understanding the Middle East, you just spoke to a Lebanese Christian. We take it as seriously if not more so than most Muslims. You don't see them stubbornly going to their holy place even when there's a chance it'll be attacked by radicals.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Matthew 5:17 ESV

Quote him these verses, Christians don't need to follow the 10 commandments.

Ephesians 2:12-15 KJV
>12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
>13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
>14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
>15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Colossians 2:14-16 KJV
>14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
>15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
>16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Jesus replaced the ceremonial law, but the ethical laws still stand.

You should realize that Muslims are trained to "debate religion" with people as part of their upbringing and they have a lot of dishonest arguments they use on unsuspecting Christians.

read the verse about "wolves in sheeps clothing". That is the bibles warning about Muhammad.

An argument between a Christian and a Muslim is like watching the special olympics; whoever wins is still retarded

He abolished the old laws that the Jews made and replaced them with the 10.

Dam is this group therapy. Simple agree to not argue and respect each others beliefs, but realize that your views of morality may be incompatible.

Nice brother, I'm Assyrian

Jeremiah 31:31-34King James Version (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

>he worships YHWH

Fuck all YHWHists.

Jesus altered the spirit of the commandments by giving the golden rule as the supreme commandment to which the others are subordinate.... But he did not get rid of the others.

FPBP

Jesus made the Mosaic law obsolete NOT the Moral law. Christians are still obligated to follow the ten commandments as is everyone else past, present and future.

>I'm christian and I have a muslim friend
you are not real christian, fuck off you stupid leaf
either convert your friend or kill him
time for peace is over

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
>Matthew 5:17
>you are incorrect leaf

Read what Paul said about it in Romans Ch 5-7.

Should give you some insight.

If I may add to what others have said, I would assert that Christ did abolish the Ten Commandments with qualification. Any new law given to Moses (i.e. "do this" or "don't do that") was given strictly to the Jews. However, what is good or moral remains the same and was the same before the Mosaic law. The Ten Commandments as part of the Mosaic Law are no longer in effect, but the moral values they teach have always been in effect.To give an example, the commandment to not murder as part of the Ten Commandments is no longer in effect, but we still should not murder because murder has always been wrong. The commandement where this distinction is clearest is with the Sabbath, as Christians maintain the principle of consecrating time to God, but not on the Sabbath (Saturday).

Thomas Aquinas takes a slightly different position, where he distinguishes the Ten Commandments from the rest of the Mosaic Law, but the conclusion is the same.

newadvent.org/summa/2100.htm#article3

Leaf, if you argue with that Muslim about religion long enough, he will kill you. I've seen it happen too many times. Last year a Muslim killed his roommate for the same thing.

So you think Jesus made it ok to murder, sleep with someone's wife, steal, lie etc.? You're a fucking idiot.

>butt hurt Christfags trying to mental gymnastics their way to justifying violence and degeneracy

Maybe if you picked a less cucked faith you could actually have your cake and eat it too.

There is no evidence that any of this ever happened

Muslims always destory Christians in debates.. we know your Bible better than you do

Believing in an afterlife, no matter your preferred religion, is fucking retarded.

There is no good religion. It's all bullshit and i wish you all would just kill each other off.

You really need to read the epistles, because they deal with this very issue.

Getting killed by a roommate for arguing about the Christian faith is basically a martyr's death, and martyrdom is a one-way ticket to heaven for Christians. Baptism by blood.

you have a possible chance of dying now op have fun, you never fuck with the treacherous snake

If only we could convince more muslims to kill us, we'd all be in heaven.

Haha yeah, and we'll lop off their heads to prove it. Allahu akbar.

When Muslims are provoked into attacking, they are show their true nature to the world. The alternative is to always go out of our way to appease Muslims, always avoiding conflict, until we are totally outnumbered and made dhimmis (or just killed anyway).

>handwriting of ordinances
Greek: cheirographon tois dogmasin; Promissory note, record of indebtedness, bond.
biblehub.com/colossians/2-14.htm

From the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament:

"“The point of the metaphor of the note of indebtedness is rather to underline the previous statement … [that] God has forgiven sins. He has canceled the note of indebtedness by taking it and fixing it to the cross of Christ”

Basically this. He also boiled down that most of them can be shorted to 'Love thy neighbor as thyself' because if you love your neighbor as yourself you won't do stupid shit like steal from him, rape his wife or kill him.

>having a Muslim friend
That is not right. Treat them kindly if you encounter them, but don't take them as friends.

Ephesians 2

This whole section is about the "enmity" and division between Jew and Gentile in Ephesus being perpetuated by extra-biblical tradition. Remember the point of Mark 7:

"[Jesus] replied, 'Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

"These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules."

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.'”

How do I become a good christian.

>Jesus abolished the 10 commandments

where the hell did you get that from? it's common knowledge that Jesus wouldn't go against the will of the Lord.

I know what you mean. The 10 commandments are important, but Jesus tells Christians directly what being a Christian means.
>Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
-Matthew 22:35-40

I'm pretty sure that Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would tell you to follow the Pentateuch. In fact, I believe he did:

>“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

>“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

>“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

Jesus was speaking to Jews in those instances. The Law was intended only for Jews. The Acts and the Epistles deal with the relation of the Gentiles to the Law.

>I'm arguing that Jesus abolished the 10 commandments

Where the fuck did you get this idea from?

Fucking Wrong. Read Matthew 22:34-40
>"34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Oh, so you follow Paulanity?

>“Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21)

>“All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16)

>“…the scripture cannot be broken.” (John 10:35)