Study finds 'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran

Study finds 'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

Other urls found in this thread:

independent
archive.is/gzHuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heh

>independent co uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html
archive.is/gzHuk

Old Testament*

Fuck you its still THE BIBLE. Christfags btfo for FUCKING EVER. GOD ISNT REAL

Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old

>violence is determined by the words referenced rather than their contexts

so they literally include
>thou shalt not kill
as violence in the Bible
kek

well the bible is older and everyone knows the old days were CRAZY FUN

SHUT THE FUCK UP

wrong
you didn't even read the article did you you illiterate bastard, shut up.

the old testament is relevant in that it shows us the old ways. the old testament is still the Bible you disingenuous idiot.

observation finds terrorism more common with muslims

the koran is 1/20th the size of the bible

Thank you reddit archiving bot. Reddit is the best, look at the positive outcomes reddit brings. Archive bot is awesome. Have my up vote

this

>Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old

Anti-theist are so sensitive

Preaching violence or describing violence that happened at the time?

What about violence inspired by the Bible bs the Quran?

Are you serious with this shit. Bruh, are you serious with this shit? When was the last time you saw a Bible that didn't include the Old Testament? How often do you see Christians making arguments against evolution/gay marriage/science in general because of shit written in the Old Testament?

Are. You. Fucking. Serious. With. This. Shit?

t. Goldberg Finnstein
Judaism is based on the Old Testament though

God is real, you're just blind to the reality of things.

this is fallacious, the Old testament was a prophecy about how would come into the flesh and die a really brutal death, its a brutal book to illustrate that the wages of sin are death, and that God paid the ultimate price to save humanity.

>old way of doing things
>Implying this is relevant to a reformation in the form of a new testament

Are they distinguishing between descriptions of violence and exhortations to violence?

but that's wrong

>>Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old
It's true, pagan. Read the Catechism.

Shit look at Sup Forums. Liberals share this shit for laughs. Keep up the good work. Praise kek or whatever.

CHRIST WASNT EVEN REAL DUDE. FUCK YOU. HE WAS JUST SOME DUMB DRUNK

Imma catholic myself and personally dont give a fuck about the old testament. am I a heretic?

do you know anything about the Bible's origins or are you literally that retarded?

Arguments against gays are in Leviticus, New Testament
I have nothing against science, even the Vatican accepted evolution

The Bible is multiple times LONGER than the Quran, idiot.

daily reminder that god isnt real,
if you need a menace or a reward to be a good man, you're shit.

>Study conducted by CAIR
>We've investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing
Bitch please!

Do you know anything about the Bible's origins? Fucking pagans, I swear

>Koran is shorter then the New Testament which is shorter then the Old Testament
>results were from a word search with no contextual basis, don't kill people is termed a violent phrase
lmao

>Arguments against gays are in Leviticus, New Testament

Leviticus is Old Testament dude. Right after Exodus. Jesus dude.

Well, turns out a majority of humans are shit

The Bible is way larger than the Quran. Of course a larger book will have more shit in it.

Also 90+% of it is probably old testament, but hey le evil christians am I right?

>but that's wrong
The Old Testament is literally "this is how you fucked up you dumbasses: the book".

>religious biblethumpers in us use old testament shit constantly to support their backwards-ass arguments constantly
>but it's totally not based at all on the old testament

How does it feel to belong to a pedophiles death cult?

so why don't you remove the old testament from the holy book if it's so irrelevant.

anyone claiming to be a Christian and thinking this needs to actually read the fucking Bible.

the Bible makes reference constantly to times past, times present and times future and it echoes events a lot.

to say that Christianity has nothing to do with the old testament is just mind bogglingly assbackwards.

unless you and the Portuguese idiot both think I'm trying to say that we're still bound by the old laws. in which case, you both have reading comprehension worse than that of a middle schooler.

Unlike you I did. How about you link me the passage in the catechism that says that.

Nigger

yes, i do. Judaism predates Christianity.

Difference here is as follows:
Bible: Bill punted Jim in the gut, then became king. Then Bill got buttfucked by god.
>Instances of violence:2
Quran: God says Murder fucking everybody, then do it again.
>instances of violence:1

>pagan
>origins
Irony? Lmao

>referencing the past apparently equals advocating the events that happened
>supporting removing your history
Try harder newfag

tkae alook at your calender? notice how it'll say AD? notice how before 2018 years ago it says BC?

Christ's death literally changed time for all the world. Christ was real, his death and ressurection was one of the most well documented events in history so much that it reset the calender.

Jew detected.

catholic detected.

What is with you people arguing the Old Testament has nothing to do with Christians? Have you ever just seen the New Testament by itself?

what are you even trying to say here?
what half baked idea from your tiny monkey brain did you just try to conceive and put out there to the world?

Nail bomb at a concert, huh? Well what about the WESTBORO CHURCH? Check-mate Christcucks. Also, science PROVES the bible is more violent than Quran so we're confiscating your kids.

The Old Testament is just setting up context for the New Testament. That's fucking it. "Testament" is literally a term for a pact with God. The old pact with God was fulfilled with Jesus' death.

But yeah. It's just christlarpers who hope they can avoid having to answer all the bs in the old by claiming it doesn't apply.
It just shows they have zero theological knowledge or know the new one good enough to know it's equally retarded

This is old as fuck.

It searches for keywords and uses their existence out of context to say those passages are violent.

So when the bible says "thou shalt not commit MURDER", this counts as "more violent" according to this... """""study""""

Lol

51 out of 54 African countries have fewer niggers than the USA. So eat shit soon-to-be-a-minority burger.
Only white Saffers post on Sup Forums. The niggers here barely know how to use an ATM.

larger books holds larger amount of shit, pure science.

wtf I guess Muslims are alright now!

"software engineer Tom Anderson"

>Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.
You can't even understand who Christ is without the Old Testament. Nor would "it is fullfilled" change anything about it being violent and God being a psychopath
Fuck new christlarpers are even more retarded than the old ones

my thoughts exactly.

how in the fuck did you think I'm saying that because the old testament belongs in the Bible that I am advocating the acts in it?

how fucking stupid are you?

>his death and ressurection was one of the most well documented events in history
Then how come every story is different? Also, how come the people in Palestine didn't know about his existence while people 150 years later outside of Palestine claimed he did exist?

Islam confirmed as the religion of peace. polfags bfto

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"

Come the fuck on dude. I ask again: have you ever just seen the New Testament just lying around by itself? If you gave a Bible to a pastor and it was only the New Testament the first words out of their mouth would be, "Where's the rest?"

Normalise it to word count and then let us know how it goes.

Isn't the Bible descriptive while to Quran is prescriptive?

exactly.

>Jesus dude

Jesus man!

what did they read? old testament?

You fucking stupid russian nigger. It's the quality of the content that counts, not the quantity. I can say "we have to slap them" a million times, and in the other book it says "we have to murder them" once. Quantitatively, my version is more 'violent', but qualitatively the other one is.

Christianity is already dead, what we're living through are just LARPERs trying to reanimate a corpse. Face it, Islam and Atheism are your future depending on where you live

Jesus was literally condemned by the Jews for breaking Old Testament laws (which was a copout because Jesus was simply too big a threat to their power, but same difference). Jesus even straight up tells people that the diet laws weren't as important as living a good life and that the adulteress shouldn't be stoned, even though that's what the Old Testament dictated.

You're implying that the acts are advocated due to it being referenced in the new testament. Also, youre a faggot for suggesting removal of history, regardless of how shitty it may be, you stupid revisionist loving kike
Also
>on vacation
So you can keep going with the spic jokes, it's funny

And nothing about this changes anything about what I said.
And the story with the adulteress is a later forgery and not part of the original bible.
Whoopsie

why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ, and that he died on the cross? about half the country was christian before they had contact with the outside world.

> Also, how come the people in Palestine didn't know about his existence while people 150 years later outside of Palestine claimed he did exist?

histoircal records indicate this is a lie. Rome, and the Jews both recorded his death by pontius pilate. and some Jews even went on to confirm his resurrection. Considering the New Testament was completed before the 1st century, I find your argument to be fallacious.

Yes. The Quran claims to be literaly the perfect word of god, only crazy people(primaraly calvinists) jump through hoops to justify making that claim about the Bible.

what old testament law did he break? he broke Talmudic oral traidition, but that has nothing to do with OT law.

>independent
>.uk
wew

THIS
A thousand times this

This pretty much sums it up, claiming to be the "final word of god" seems to hold some stipulations to it

>the Jews both recorded his death by pontius pilate. and some Jews even went on to confirm his resurrection
Source?

>the New Testament was completed before the 1st century
American education

I'm not implying that at all you illiterate double nigger.

I'm saying you're a shitty ass Christian if you think the old testament has nothing to do with Christianity. if you have a Bible and don't even read the old testament or it doesn't contain the old testament you're not getting the full word of god.

learn to read you absolute knuckle dragging shit nugget.

Old Testament > New Testament

Come at me Christians

I've seen copies of just the Gospels before. I'm not saying that the Old Testament doesn't matter, but that you can't apply the same standards to them for today.

You could make the argument that Jesus is even more foreboding than Yahweh, because Yahweh at his worst only physically kills people and usually doesn't go into the afterlife. Jesus talks about eternal damnation.

>pastor
Pastor is a primarily American Protestant term, Protestants already threw out a lot of the Old Testament anyway.

Yeah well the Bible has the advantage, obviously
It was written by sand niggers crouched over goat poo fires, summoning evil, always crapping on about bloodshed and about how their god wanted them to slit their son's throat to prove how much they loved their god etc
Then all the wars because the chosenites believed their god was on their side, murdering entire cities overnight, turning people into columns of salt, etc

Now the koran is a lightweight, because by the time the sandniggers got around to composing that, most of them had already pissed off to Poland, Russia, Italy etc and were calling themselves 'jews'
So the koran didn't have the advantage of the jews' belief that their god would slaughter everyone on their behalf. The jews who composed the koran had been wandering around the mid east for eight hundred years, clueless, because they missed the boat and didn't go over to infest Europe with the main gang. The best the koran could come up with was a pale imitation of their forebearer jews and it was led by a madman schizophrenic who even told people he was mad from all that tribal inbreeding
That's why the koran is a pale imitation of the Old Testament

>why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ, and that he died on the cross? about half the country was christian before they had contact with the outside world.

Nothing about this makes sense. Where did you hear this?

lol yeah. Some preachers passed them out one day I walked home from school. Only a New Testament. No Old.

>It is not what enters one’s mouth that defiles that person; but what comes out of the mouth is what defiles one. [Matthew 15:11]

Saying kosher laws no longer mattered, which would've been a big fucking deal then and still is today by Jewish theological standards.

>New Testament: You will be killed for your beliefs
>Koran: Kill others for their beliefs
Exactly the same

It's based on a computer program that tallies up the amount of so-called "negative words" to determine which book was more violent.

So, in other words, it was completely out of context.

If the Bible told you not to hurt someone and to not react violently, then it counts just as negatively towards the evaluation as when the Quran tells you to behead your enemies and light their corpses on fire.

Ok.

all the people in this thread who are Christian but say the old testament has nothing to do with Christianity riddle me this.

where do you think the book of genesis is? do you believe in it?

>And the story with the adulteress is a later forgery and not part of the original bible.
>It's not canon because I say it's not canon
Well if you're playing by those rules you could cherrypick and make up any bullshit you want.

The old testament comes from a time where stepping in a head of your enemies baby was common, They lived in a time where it was kill or be killed. In the new testament when Jesus son of God came to earth he outlawed the barbaric laws such as stoning women and others that i can't remember right now.

Still, The bible has violence agains't some sort of enemy army and such while in the Quran it's aimed to entire groups of people.

"Investigating whether the Quran really is more violent than its Judeo-Christian counterparts, software engineer Tom Anderson processed the text of the Holy books to find which contained the most violence."

Since when a software engineer have the credentials to make judgements about religion and moral, of the most relevant books in the world? retarded....

First i would like to know his political and social preferences, to know if he is unbiased in his code. Since the Koran accepts and promote phedofilia i suggest this software engineer see Pedophilia as not relevant.

After scanning both texts, which faith did the program convert to?

It's not part of the oldest manuscripts we have you down syndrome.
It's not my opinion it's an archaeological fact.
I wonder why you never bothered to research this.

The Quran says everything in the Bible is accurate and fine except for the things is directly contradicts, which are the important bits, but not the bulk of the work. Saying the Bible contains more violence doesn't make sense since the Quran is a supplement/expansion to the Bible so anything contained in the Bible is also in the Quran.

Also 'Thou Shalt not Kill' is counted as 'Violence' by their contextless counting.

>why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ

natives, I meant natives. and the missionaries report having been surprised that the natives already knew the messiah. I'll find a source in a minute. heard it in a lecture

Tacitus for Rome, who was the greatest historian who ever lived. Josephus for the Jews. Josephus makes references to the new testament before 100AD which defeats I misspoke slightly, jews acknowledge jesus was a real person, and that he was crucified on by rome, they fail to acknowledge is resurrection, and have crackpot ideas about what happened to his body.

>Swedecuck is mad
Nice mental gymnastics. Just submit to the peace of Allah brother

>do you believe in it?
This is a ridiculously loaded question. Even Origen postulated that Genesis' creation story isn't a literal 144 hours. It's an archetypal story that reflects the period it was written in yet still has divine truth.

don't post that fucking faggot here.