Fluoride

Fluoride.

Is there a way to stop it from being added to water? My county doesn't ADD flouride but there is fluoride in it. The content is .25mg/L which is apparently lower than the "recommended" dose of .7mg/L.

I know the fluoride issue is old news, but it really bothers me that something with so many health issues is freely added to an essential need: water.

Who do I go after? City officials? County? State? FDA?

Is there any user out there kind enough to give me a starting point on this challenge?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7897695/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11275672
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland
epubs.surrey.ac.uk/895/
youtube.com/watch?v=VmBnaJIQdUw
youtube.com/watch?v=l99PZZzvXLg
youtube.com/watch?v=qXue4VOZJ_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>health issues
Like what? Not getting cavities?

No.

>what is debtal flourosis?
>what is alzheimers?
>what is the pineal gland?

Fluoride has more hazards than "benefits".

Europe doesn't add fluoride. Why does North America? Any help?

Bump.

clean water

Get a Berkey water filter, user.

Why do we have chlorinated pools if chlorine can kill us?
>brainlets can't into chemistry
What else is new.

I plan on getting one for my family, but this is bigger than that. We have been brainwashed to not trust anyone and to only care about ourselves. My concern is for everyone. How many people are blinded by the "muh dental health" propaganda? We are being kept docile. Our people are being poisoned and are unwilling to do anything about because they are tamed.

Chlorine is in tap water as well. I am no chemist. Why don't you try to educate instead of try to humiliate? If you can take the time to respond, you can add info or a link- something.

Fluoride produces a calming effect in large quantities. I'm looking for a filter to clean that out of my water too.

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE. You can't see the truth because it's killing the creative part of your mind. Most people don't know this, but if you do a litmus test on pure air, you can see that it's tainted with oxygen, a fast-acting deadly poison that was put there to mask the chemtrails.

>educate me
Concentration matters more than what is actually in your water. Fluoride, chlorine, bromine are used as sanitizers in water because of their highly reactive nature (check their position on the periodic table, they are close to each other for a reason).

Now back to the concentration issue: these elements are naturally toxic to complex molecules because of this reactivity, but the risk factor is directly related to the concentration of "units" of element per quantity of water (imagine making koolaid, but only using half the packet, or 1/4).

So in effect, the amount of F or Cl in your water is just enough to poison and kill microbes, bacteria, etc. Essentially the simpler forms of life that can't handle any exposure to these elements.

Now think about mammals in general. We are highly structured and complex life, and as such are more resistant to the toxicity of these elements. Thus, it requires A LOT more of these chemicals to do us harm. Significantly more than what you will ever find in your water.

Also just so you know, our bodies are very good at detecting these chemicals (halides), specifically because of how dangerous they can be. So if your water is in fact near lethal levels, you will be able to tell in a similar way you can tell meat is rotten. Our senses of taste and smell were adapted specifically so we can detect trace amounts of whatever chemical we need.

TL;DR
>humans are big, takes more poison to hurt us compared to microbes and bacteria, which WILL grow in your water supply unless the water is sanatized (by chemicals).

This.

Tap water is used constantly for consumption (tea, lemonade etc). In infants, fluoride in the tap water used to make formula has no benefits, only risks.

Also, the existence of microbes in our water is a much higher risk factor than any fluoride sanitizing they can do.
Remember that 90% of our sickness and diseases result from a foreign body trying to grow in our bodies, and our bodies reacting to get rid of them.

>it doesn't kill you when you drink it so it's harmless
Just like smoking right?

>he drinks by directing fluids into his lungs
>gasses and liquids hold the exact same properties
Retarded brainlet.

Thank you for taking the time to type out that post.

I understand that in high concentration, the consequences could be lethal as in, kill you quickly. What about small doses over time? Genuinely asking. It seems that most substances that are lethal in high concentration can still have adverse effects in small doses over time.

I was using an analogy to show the importance of long term effects, but since you absolutely want one about drinking, let me redo it

>it doesn't kill you when you drink it so it's harmless
Just like aspartame right?

Tap water must be sanitized because they travel kms of pipes, that have been for the most part added 20+ years ago. If you don't want bacteria to spread in running water you have to add small doses of chemicals to it. If this bothers you, you can always drink bottled spring water.

how is 25mg/L lower than 7mg/L?

Elemental chlorine (Cl2) is used to disinfect water. Leave a jug of tap water on the counter for a few hours and all the chlorine will evaporate into the air. Fluorine as fluoride ions (F-) is very difficult to remove as its non-volatile. As to long term health effects of small doses, the jury is still out. Life is a grand experiment.

>drinking plastic

Are you really that dense bucko?

.25 means 0.25

>small doses over time
Risk factor depends on the half life of the chemical in question. For instance, a byproduct of oil refinement will take a lot longer to "degrade" compared to a simply element (not exactly true, but close enough. Raw elements don't degrade, only react.)

So as to your question, small amounts over a long period of time is only a problem if the chemical in question remains in your body for a significant time period. For instance, heavy metals are toxic to people because the body realistically can't remove those metals through traditional means (waste systems), so it is left to accumulate, and eventually cause problems. Heavy metals also have a very long half life, and as such will remain "themselves" (nondegrading, nonreactive) for a long time.

For chemicals such as Cl and F, this isn't a problem. They are reactive enough that, so long as you are only receiving a small amount, they will always work their way out of your system.
General rule of thumb is the more "complex" or heavy a chemical/element is, the longer it can last in a system.

>drinking alcohol deposits substances in your body that will then cause harm
Brainlet, pls just stop. The body doesn't work how you think it does.
>what is a liver
Ever think it can process fluorides as well?

Simple ions like fluoride are usually processed through the kidneys, not the liver.

Oh, my mistake then.

Fluoride isn't a cleaning agent yo...

don't drink bottled water either. The BPA in bottled water have me two tennis ball sized tumors :(. I now only drink from those refillable 5 gallon containers, I bought a jug without BPA in it.

What constitutes a "cleaning agent"?

>city water
>not having a well

Don't let your water heat up in cheap plastic. Stronger plastics are generally ok, though it doesn't hurt to check the plastic type to be sure. The number/letter inside the recycle triangle thing is an "plastic ID" of sorts. Google that for all the information on the plastic you could ever want.

>conspiracy theory
>conspiracy theory
>extra conspiracy theory

You're not supposed to drink the pool water...

It's the Soviets who tries to corrupt your precious bodily fluids.

What about aluminum accumulation from consuming water with added fluoride? Even consuming fluoridated water with aluminum?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7897695/

This is the only study I have related to this as I am currently researching more.

Is there a reason that chlorine AND fluoride have to be added to sanitize? Would just chlorine not be enough?

It is a way for massive pharmaceutical/manufacturing companies to get rid of their waste product which is take a wild guess- fluoride!

These companies lobbied governments and got dentists involved so they wouldn't have to use more expensive means to get rid of fluoride

They sell you that it's about health but it's about massive companies wanting to get rid of that waste product the cheapest way possible

Fluoride readily accumulates in the pineal gland, which is the part of the brain responsible for regulating sleep and producing melatonin (wakefulness) and serotonin (happiness).

Calcium concentration in the pineal gland has a strong positive correlation (r = 0.73) with pineal fluoride levels. Pineal gland calcification has been linked with Alzheimer's and Dementia as well as hormonal issues in children (relating to the reproductive system).

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11275672
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

Goyim, you're being drugged.

COMMUNISTS!

You can taste flouride. It has a heavy metal taste. Cook pasta in filtered vs non-filtered water and you'll be able to pick it. Also using high-flouride professional dental products where the flouride isn't overwhelmed by mint (like in consumer products.) It does ruin the taste of water desu, but unless you drink unfiltered water regularly you'll get used to it.

So are you sure that drinking fluoride is harmless?
My point was that there may be effects on the long term, not because they stay in the body, but because they continuously enter. The elimination of fluor by the body is not enough to say that fluor is harmless.

Then again it must depend on the concentration I guess

Youre a fucking idiot. Go live in Africa if youre opposed to progression of civilization. All that shit is idiotic conspiracy

I mean, you can drink the pool water just fine, even with the Chlorine. If it is too much chlorine it will upset your tummy, though.
>aluminum accumulation
Definitely something to watch out for, though I question a lot of flouride studies. Hell, "scientific" studies in general have taken a real dip in quality over the years.

>Is there a reason that chlorine AND fluoride have to be added to sanitize? Would just chlorine not be enough?
Good question. Just an educated guess, but I assume Flouride is a lot cheaper to supply than Chlorine. This isn't necessarily true anymore with electrolysis becoming the norm, but our public institutions are always slow to adapt.

Also, the Aluminum thing is why we generally use Chlorides instead of Fluorides. Florine is fairly small and hard to keep stable; much unlike Chlorine.

Another gripe I have with Fluoride studies is they don't often consider the improper use of toothpaste in their research. You know the proper amount of toothpaste is a pea-size, right? How many people you know of that cover their entire brush with paste?

That is why the fluorinated water is a meme: most of the excess fluoride comes from toothpaste. Not a big conspiracy; where does all excess toothpaste go?
>down the drain

So to my original question, how to stop it? Do I need to start at a city level? Once I get local support who do I send our fight to? I want to do this the right way.

flouride makes you "chill out" and then it gives you cancer

Don't take Sup Forums serious, the fluoride meme is just another version of the flat earth meme.
The best you can do as a non-specialized (in this field of study) citizen is to be certain your water is managed by someone who understands chemistry and water sanitation.

If your county is anywhere as corrupt as mine, the position is filled by a retard due to nepotism. And we still manage to have clean water.
>in a swamp

Reverse osmosis - will set you back about 600 eur but you will be ready for fighting after a few weeks

You're wrong boyo. See the paper in . Research on the subject is either being overlooked or intentionally suppressed.

Drinking mineral water (without natural fluoride of course) and using fluoride-free toothpaste are easy ways to avoid most of it.

You could also get one of those "water treatment" things to attach to your house. Softens and filters the water as it feeds into your house.

They are mainly for removing the "hard" elements (typically small things that don't readily dissolve in water, makes the water "rough"), though I'm sure they can remove excess Fluoride.

>fluoride-free toothpaste
Does it even work? I never used it

I have a B.S. in chemistry/biochemistry and OP is a buffoon

>ctrl-f "toothpaste"
>0 results
Dropped. What kind of "scientist" does research into Fluoride contamination without considering the most common source of Fluoride in our society today?

Brainlet scientist, that's who.

>t. FIDF
Oy vey, shut it down already.

They use baking soda instead, so yeah they still work fairly well.

>fluoride is a lot cheaper to supply than chlorine

I know you are just guessing, but if that were the case, if chlorine is already added to tap water, wouldn't it make sense not to spend extra money on another chemical (cheap or not)? As for the toothpaste thing, I am opposed to it being in toothpaste, but I haven't done any research on that yet or alternatives. Even so, with the use of toothpaste, there would still seem to be no plausible reason to ADD fluoride, for dental health or sanitation.

That said, what political steps do I take to get it removed?

I've brushed only with water for about two years now and i have white teeth and zero holes. The paste is mostly for good breath. Salvia enforce your teeth and keep them clean.

Op, you're a fucking idiot. Go do some actual research on the so called health effects of fluoride before wasting everyone's time you ignorant cunt

Although, I'm not sure how well they kill mouth bacteria that grows from foodstuffs stuck in your teeth. Stuff like that is what leads to infections and tooth pains.

it calcifies your pineal gland.
look it up user

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the purpose of fluoride here, so I'm just gonna pop in and try to clear that up.
Fluoride isn't a sanitizer. It's purpose is to help restore tooth enamel that would naturally get lost over time.

AFAIK from a dentistry standpoint toothpaste is almost irrelevant. Brushing away plaque and food is far, far more important.

>ctrl+f on an abstract
The paper deals with concentrations in the pineal gland, not sources.

Buy some Zero Water filters, they remove it.

There's nothing conspiratorial about the difference between sodium fluoride (used in dental practice) and hydrofluorosilicic acid (used in water fluoridation). One is good for your teeth. One is considered toxic in many nations.

That's what I understand it to be marketed as, but with fluoride in toothpaste it shouldn't be forced on people through their water.

>mammals age: news at 11
Research what "calcification" amounts to when it is found in animals. It is typically associated with age. The presence of Fluoride in a natural deposit is not unusual, especially considering how much access we have to the stuff.

Still is alarmist nonsense.

>Fluoride isn't a sanitizer
But that is exactly what it does, or are you insinuating bacteria has an easy time growing in a Fluoride solution?

Dig a well

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11275672
No issues here. Fluoride free for 5 years.

I don't know enough about this topic to really intelligently participate, so, like I said, a lot of people seemed to be suggesting that fluoride was a sanitizer, and I just wanted to point out that that's not actually what it does.

How very interesting that jewgle's top results for "fluoride" are
>test kits
>treatment kits
>alternatives
Almost like it is another psuedo-science driven market push. Hmm..

>Fluoride does not sanitize
But it does, brainlet. Bacteria can not grow in water that has trace amounts of Fluoride. Thus, it is sanitizing the water.

There was an earlier study done on gerbils which found that melatonin levels were significantly lower in the individuals who received fluoride supplementation. This implies calcification (not "calcification", see: corpora arenacea).

It does happen naturally, but not nearly at the same rate or to the same degree.

>epubs.surrey.ac.uk/895/

>he starts on the peer review goose chase
The article you linked me was researching the Fluoride concentration in the natural calcification.
Why is it a surprise that, when Fluoride is in excess, it can be found to be stored in deposits? That is nothing impressive, nor meaningful.

Compare this to research into smoking
>Carcinogens are created by combustion
>Carcinogens cause mutations in vulnerable tissues
>breathing carcinogens thus causes cancer

Where is this process for the fluoride boogieman? It doesn't exist, because the science is highly incomplete and worthless. You have been fooled by the recent phenomena of "marketing science".
>find vague study, imply it is a lot more than it really is
>create product that "saves" people from the scary findings of the vague research
Every fucking time. When will you fucks learn?

To be clear, are you saying that there are false studies coming to false conclusions about fluoride consumption so that we'll buy that stuff?

Forgive me if I'm way off. I would think that they are offering a "buy out", but that's why I don't want the answer to be "just get a filter." I don't want it added to begin with. I am willing to rally people because I know I can't do it alone. I need to know where to go with that.

Do you really think the government gives a fuck about your cavities? Besides, flouride is meant to be applied to your teeth topically, not ingested daily or cooked into your food.

The pharmaceutical-industrial complex is increasingly eager to start selling other drugs to be added into the water supply. And the fluoridation program is already being used as a precedent for the forced drugging of the entire population, and as an explicit justification for adding further medications to our drinking water.

(See the following examples, watch this shit anons)
youtube.com/watch?v=VmBnaJIQdUw
youtube.com/watch?v=l99PZZzvXLg
youtube.com/watch?v=qXue4VOZJ_Q

>To be clear, are you saying that there are false studies coming to false conclusions about fluoride consumption so that we'll buy that stuff?
Not exactly in this order. It is related to the psuedoscience craze we are experiencing socially, and goes something like this:
>"groundbreaking" research fuels interest of everyday citizens, they become "interested"
>marketers notice this interest, brand their products in ways that "solve" the problems found by groundbreaking research
>other marketers see the success of this strategy, join in
>psuedo science/"celebrity science" is put above real science, because psuedo science sells better
Remember the "green" marketing movement? Or "organic" products?

Pop science sells products.

You could pick up smoking. Look into how nicotine counteracts fluoride.

The purpose of putting into water isn't to sanitize. The reason given for doing it isn't sanitization. It's to prevent tooth decay by helping repair tooth enamel. This is pretty fucking easy to figure out, but given your response, it doesn't really seem like you're into reading that much. But, try and actually take the time to read what I'm fucking writing or shut the fuck up.

Now, to elaborate on the research side:
>not all research is significant
>not all research is important
>most research is into niche and caveats
>most research has no obvious practical purposes
>most research is done purely at the interest of the researcher
Not all research is created equal. And now the corruption comes into play:
>big money funds research
>big money chooses what research to fund
>big money will only fund research that can show it can be turned to profit
>researchers now have to "sell" their research goals
>researchers are now marketing their research to the marketers.
This process has also led to a severe degradation of the peer review process, so random research is simply not as trustworthy as it use to be.

>It's to prevent tooth decay by helping repair tooth enamel. This is pretty fucking easy to figure out
So tell me, what is the chemical mechanism that allows Fluoride to repair tooth enamel?

>Fluoride is not a sanitizer
Then why does it kill bacteria, thus sanitizing water? Do you even know why Fluoride is so special in the first place? Fucking brainlets, man.

Amounts lower than 2mg/day can affect thyroidal function, causing hypothyroidism by fucking up the metabolization of thyroxine hormones dependand of Iodine.
Low thyroidal function causes low performance, reduced metabolism, brain fog, reduced growth and developement, depression, apathy.

Iodine deficiency makes even more likely to get hypothyroidism. It is thought that more than half of the population is iodine deficient.

>methylmercury
>polychlorinated biphenyls
>arsenic
>chlorpyrifos
>dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane
>tetrachloroethylene
>polybrominated diphenyl ethers
These are vastly different from
>lead
>fluoride
these

Go look at the fucking molecular structure, brainlet. There is a very obvious reason why the big scary ones cause cancer, and they all have proposed and accepted mechanisms for the causation of cancers.

Where is that for fluoride?

>dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane

best way is to chelate water to remove fluoride and other heavy metals. you can do this by putting 10mg mercury in you water bottle, then use a coffee filter to strain it out after 2 hours. the water will be free of flouride as it binds to the mercury. you can use cheesecloth to wrap the mercury and filter that way too.

>tetrachloroethylene

This. Corporate funded research is always biased, it's important for the people making and selling the flouride to contoniue profiting. Which is why we should be looking at idependantnpeer reviewed research.

Do you eat toothpaste to fight cavities?

I challenge everyone to watch these 3 videos Then tell me why you agree with the things these assholes are proposing.

The only products I'm advocating are replacements, not extra expenses. You can't seriously believe that supplementing the chemical linked to calcification has no effect.

The process is clear as well:
>flouride is added to water and toothpaste
>flouride contributes to pineal calcification
>consuming added flouride thus causes hormonal disorders and increases the risks of typically old-age related diseases

Of course more research needs to be done before this is certain, but like you say: it's similar to smoking. Its consequences may only be realised later. There are no literally no downsides to reducing flouride intake.

>chlorpyrifos
wew, this one is a beast

>Muh Europe water

Europe fluoridates salt and milk instead.

If you truly want to avoid fluoride in your water AND food supply, move to Hawaii and enjoy your rotting teeth.

Seeing as you're clearly having a Lot of trouble understanding what I'm trying to say, I'll try and make it as clear as possible so that you can keep up.
>what is the chemical method that allows fluoride to repair tooth enamel?
I don't know. That's right. I don't know. As I was reading through the various posts, I saw a lot of people suggesting that the reason fluoride was put in water supplies was to sanitize the water. I knew this was not the case. I knew that the reason was not water sanitization, but to help strengthen/repair enamel. I do not know how it supposedly does this. I simply noticed a lot of posters were arguing about fluoride based on the idea that the reason for putting it in the water is to sanitize. Now, water sanitization could very easily be one of those "positive consequences" type things according to fluoride proponents, but the reason it's put into the water isn't to sanitize; it's to help tooth enamel.
Does this help you understand what I'm trying to say? Or do I have to explain it more?

Fluoride being added to water for sanitizing or dental health doesn't really matter to me. Can you agree that it doesn't NEED to be added to water considering that for dental health, fluoride in toothpaste would be sufficient and for sanitizing, chlorine would be sufficient?

No. Why is that relevant?

>these structures
Gee, I wonder how these molecules could possibly cause issues when they get into our bodies!

For reference, a Fluoride ion around 33% smaller than a Chloride ion. Smaller than carbon, too.

How is the fluoridation program being used as a precedent and justification for adding further medications to our drinking water relevant?

Since you seem like a chemist, I have a story for you about polybrominated diphenyl ethers. Once upon a time in the late 1970s, the (((major players))) needed to increase their profits. At the time, polyester clothes were all the rage, including jumpers for infants. A few kids get badly burned in house fires, and the chemical companies see an opportunity: they can load clothes with polybrominated flame retardants and turn a tidy profit while "protecting innocent children." Fast forward to today, the shit is everywhere (lakes, rivers, soil) and won't break down for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years. Good times.

>That's right. I don't know.
Then why are you acting like you do? You are wrong.
>it doesn't NEED to be added to water considering that for dental health
It is there to prevent the growth of bacteria and other microbes in the water supply.

The reason toothpaste has fluoride is for the purpose of killing bacteria that is growing in the mouth, which leads to infections. The bacteria grows from bits of food that remains in your mouth, often stuck in between your teeth.

>many such cases
I find it best to just not think about the crazy chemical pollution we have due to actions in the 20th century.
I find it highly concerning that people today believe we live in a society that pollutes like our society did back then. Night and Day difference, there.
>pic slightly related