70% of Millenials don't have a bachelor's degree or higher

70% of Millenials don't have a bachelor's degree or higher.

Good or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo
youtu.be/HEJO8t_wCUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wtf? Why do I keep hearing this shit about student loan debt then

Good, the education system is fucked and only teaches you how to be a good slave.

You are a 100% more successful if you devote that time on learning something that you actually love doing. Might be delayed gratification, but I guarantee you will at least not end up as a depressed wage cuck, getting paid just enough to stay alive to keep on working.

Nothing wrong with education though, it's just that what we got from Universities is extremely overrated and the whole concept of getting a higher education is outdated.

good for those who DO have a degree

Here's the more interesting point

66% of highschoolers go on to attend some kind of college

But, less than a third of those actually complete a Bachelor's degree.

So, a lot of kids end up with debt AND no degree apparently.

linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo

You forgot to actually compare this statistic to other generations. As far as I can see it was lower for older generations.

The amount of bachelor's degrees or higher, I mean

True, and an interesting comparison to make.

It IS higher than previous generations.

But, the percentage of people with a highschool diploma is LESS than previous generation.

So Millenials are both higher AND lower educated than previous generations.

Im 32 with just a damn GED. Didnt stop me from making 75k a year as a union autoworker living /comfy/ in the good ol midwest.

bad, trade jobs are still needed and the brain drain will cause critical parts of society to stop working.

100% this

Good job bro

Muh H1B Visa

what age group does this include exactly?

18 to 35.

youtu.be/HEJO8t_wCUQ

Well that's retarded, very few people get a college degree before age 22-23

Good, I think the national average is ~26% maybe?

Hispanics have low high school graduation rates, although they've supposedly been increasing the last few years.

Enjoy it while you can, sooner or later your job's going to either Mexico or Kentucky.

Then make community college free.

They constrain the data, I think it's 25 and up to compensate for that

fucking excellent. i already have a BA and zero debt so that's less competition

lmao dumb faggots

you don't need to have finished college to have student loan debt. a shitton of people drop out

My wife and I are middle class and about to own a home in a good neighborhood. We both have high school educations. I went to community college for a while but never finished.

A lot go to cc to get a 2-year degree too.
The issue ties back to fuck-awful high schools in America.

New York State just put into law that if you meet the certain requirements financially they will pick up the tab on any city or state school if you maintain a full time schedule. For every year of college you attend on the state some you must stay and work in new york State after.

>tfw enjoy screaming facts about jews, their iq is trash, how feminism sucks and more ranting to people, destroying them.
>feel deep satisfaction afterwards unlike any other activity

Good, we don't need idiots with degrees, and we need blue collar too.

gotcha, 30% seems pretty good to me. You can still get a good job with an associates or some other type training. Plus not everyone needs a degree, idk how stuff like apprenticeships and such factor in

This actually seems pretty normal, college educated people are supposed to be few in number, otherwise college is basically just high school 2.0

Why get a degree from an overpriced propaganda house.

>70% of Millenials don't have a bachelor's degree or higher.

Great, 70 % of millennials will vote for Trump.

>swede post best post

I don't even have a high school diploma. I dropped out in 2004 to shitpost full time.

Good, if you can't complete a nu-degree you don't deserve to be alive. Fucking idiots, I swear.

Only the whities without a bachelor's degree, there's not that many of them as previous and half them will OD on fentanyl anyway.

The problem is so few students graduating are worth anything in the work world.

If everyone has a degree, no-one does.
The only way to get more people with degrees is to lower the standards. If most people have a degree it will just become the minimum requirement to get a job just like highschool.

>wage cuck

Yeah for like 3 years and then you get raises because you're not a 100 IQ retard and you singlehandedly start to make money for your company and demand higher salary/promotions.

If you're working retail you're a wage cuck and you should kill yourself if you're not a teenager so a teenager can take the job. If you get a degree and use it to make a career and push for raises instead of just holding a job you can very easily support a family on single income.

People also overvalue non-stem degrees (and a few stem degrees like computer science) as a whole.
>English degree.
or
>9 weeks with Mavis Beacon and high school graduate literacy.
Guess who's more useful in an office environment 9/10 times.

that's nice, but the reality is people are living for a long time and sitting in those good career positions, which forces more people to work in shit like retail and be unable to support a family

and for the record, I have a career and support my family on one income but I'm not so deluded to think everyone can achieve that

This is why I kinda like the american higher education system. If you choose to get a worthless degree you at least have to pay for it yourself (mostly).
If you study for example art in germany everyone else pay´s for it. Wich invalidates the argument that the state benefits from subsidising higher education due to higher taxes being payed lateron in life because as an artist you are poor as fuck.

it shocks me to learn how many fucking people drop out of college

I'm doing a hard science and while its difficult at times (sleeping three/four hours at night during exam week) overall its pretty fucking easy

I'm doing "research" right now as I type this.. slow day

I have a STEM degree, it actually wasn't THAT expensive. I payed a little while still in school, so by the time I graduated I was on the hook for 36k, which is reasonable in my opinion.

Of course, if I just continue to pay the minimum, I will pay $300/mo for the next 120 months.

>already got 60k in debt
>considering masters degree or med school

Am I fucking up?

Lmfao if someone can get a degree but can't get a job they either got the wrong degree or they're retarded. I work in production accounting at 26 for an international company and make above median household income with a History degree. I've got basically the same degree as the kids screaming about how they can't get a job with their degrees.

If someone is smart enough to get a degree they can get a decent job if they're willing to conform to an office environment. Otherwise they should just figure out what they're good at that actually provides a service and do that. This shit is a lot less complex than people make it out to be.

Do you have a 145+ IQ?

Don't do med school if you just want money, it's hard work and takes life long commitment. If you genuinely enjoy it, go for it and you won't give a shit about debt. Also, if you work in under served areas you'll get substantial debt forgiveness.

Also, if you do a Master's program, don't do hard sci. I know a lot of former grad students with no real careers out of it. If you DO a Master's, focus on business or tech, nothing else, unless you aren't in it for money. Then just follow your little heart user.

Probably bad, but I can't afford an education. Learned to program from home instead. These days you can learn nearly anything if you're dedicated (and have high enough IQ).

Not sure. I've always been "bright" but I'm somewhat lazy (working on it).

What does IQ have to do with that though? Its probably somewhere ~125

Good to hear that.
Higher eduction is not a right but an investment.

Were actually taking jobs from mexico and bringing them back here. Ford is atleast, i cant say about the others.

I just want a high paying job desu. I might be able to join the military and have them pay for my education in exchange for 4 years of service

Typically the higher your IQ as a doctor, the better off you will be. I think other poster wanted to warn you: "Don't go into a field where you will be the dumbest person in the room", which is really good advice.

>drop out of college
>move back home
>play video games and party like you're still in college
>lack ambition to find work

Ok, then tech it is. Look into Data Science master's programs, avg starting salary for a Data Scientist in my area is 160k. Git gud with Hadoop and some kind of object oriented language like Java/Python.

oh you're only talking about degree holders, well yeah. Keep in mind that our entire generation was basically told you have to go to college, and then they did those stupid ass tests telling you what to be based on your personality and such. There was very little focus on career prospects. Not making excuses, but I was a fucking dumbass at 18 and those are some long-term decisions being made that are now biting a lot of people in the ass. They taught us how to pass the tests but nothing about finances

If your IQ is 125 you are more suited to computer science or maybe some engineering. Though yes, whether you would actually like these things also matters.

Anything below 140 would require a pretty hard look at what your natural talents lean toward before making a decision like med school/grad school. They're fucking expensive and if you're not extremely good at that field you'll have a hard time competing.

If you have a natural proclivity for hard work and you can grasp the concepts in that material well then go for it, but don't fall for the postgrad meme just because you want to do a certain type of work or you're having a hard time finding a job.

Being a doctor is fucking difficult and you have to be either really good and really like having a lot of money and not mind working your ass off even after school to keep learning or you have to be obsessed with helping people.

>avg starting salary for a Data Scientist in my area is 160k. Git gud with Hadoop and some kind of object oriented language like Java/Python.

These jobs typically to go H-1B's for half of what is offered or less.

"Data Science" is such a fucking meme, expect it to be overflooded by pajeets in no time

This. The day I got my bachelors was the day I lost respect for everyone with one. If you are too stupid to get through modern college you are subhuman

No point in getting a degree unless you're an unbearlable liberal shill who is willing to put up with more shit than you can imagine, trust me on this. ALL important positions in all business are controlled by rampaging inbred liberals. The Arts are dead too by the way, all theaters and galleries are utterly locked down. Don't waste your time in "university" Get a job instead, you'll be better off.

I fell for the business and STEM memes as I have two undergraduate degrees. Feels bad man.

The problem isn't how many don't have a degree (although that is a part of it), it's how many rack up student loan debt trying to get a degree, quit because it's too hard, and then can't find jobs that can pay off their debt because they don't have degrees.

I don't know about it being a meme, it's going to be a necessary skill. Every company has massive data stores at this point, and it will continue to grow. Machine learning as well.

But yes, pajeet is a problem.

The 18 yr old with 2 years of work experience.

Nobody ever taught anyone about finances. People forever have just figured it out. The difference is that young adults today work less before school and tend to hold fewer responsibilities so the transition is harder. It's a combination of lazy parenting and lazy kids who rely on public support.

I do think one of the big issues now is that human society is orienting itself to become more and more complex, even working fast food requires a fairly developed knowledge of working a specialized computer system which is tough for people at like 85-90 IQ. Those are the people being shut out of the workforce. They used to just be able to mine coal or do some very basic job, but those industries are dying out with manufacturing of machinery to do that job for them. I mean, roughly 50% of the people in the world are sub 100 IQ and the workplace is a really difficult environment for those people now.

Never knew that

I teach chemistry up to A-level, and even in a good school the majority of kids just lack the ability to do STEM at university, but they're all pushed towards uni as their end goal. This is why so many take a soft degree or drop out. New Labour pushed this idea that 50% of people should go to uni, well 50% of people just don't have it in them. Further, most of these people don't need a degree for the jobs they later go into, it's just a farce to keep them out of unemployment or on tax credits because wages are low and many jobs are not full time.

>tfw I flunked out of college

I'm sorry bros

I flunked out twice but they kept letting me back in. I eventually just got sick of it and finished the degree lol

I can get back in spring but I don't know how to deal with the debt

pretty scared desu

How expensive is your tuition?

Honestly, your best option is to just finish the degree dude. Look into internships, get a job on campus, do something to help finance it.

Are you a sophomore or higher? Hate your major?

Agreed. I do my work in between matches while playing games every once in a while. I find my work more enjoyable since I'm not staring at the work for hours. I don't always do this but it definetely helps when you've been pulling all nighters for more than 3 days.

Some people cant handle the workload. As one of the electrial engineering professors at my college put it, you suffer for 4+ years to get the degree and after that its mostly smooth sailing. I actually dropped out for a year but now I'm back at it and I really understood what he meant. People just give up to easily (at least in my country)

Move to the US, get into Biotech or Pharmaceuticals

I just grabbed my B.S. at 26, after 8 years of idiocy like most of my peers. I played it safe at the beginning, working retail part time and taking community college classes part time, mostly figuring out what I wanted to do. I only transferred to a 4 year once I absolutely knew what I wanted to do. I shadowed the field, volunteered, researched, interviewed other people going into it. Spent 6 years at a CC and 2 years at a 4 year with less than 4k in debt.
My profession requires me to go onto a graduate program, but I'm very apprehensive. I'm taking a year off to work at the lowest rung to really make sure I can do it. If not, I'll go into sales or politics.

I was a first semester junior when I flunked. was doing CS, a mix of bad teachers, laziness, getting megacucked by group projects, and poor class choices fucked me.

I want to go back in but I'm 37k in debt, and need to take CC to be let back in. Would I even be accepted as an intern in my state?

Seems impossible because I'm not American or willing to go to grad school.

>goes to college
>gets loans
>drops out/fails out
>student debt doesn't magically disappear because you fucked up
That's how. A lot of old bachelor jobs require a masters now to be competitive for that matter. Got mine in ChemE all the same

Depending on your location, yes. I wasn't even a CS major and I got responses from tech companies for internships, not like Microsoft/Google but startups and such.

BUILD ANYTHING AND PUT IT ON GITHUB.

Webscraping, blackjack, guess the number, use bootstrap and make some website layouts, just stupid shit like that.

Compile a set of projects that show you know basic syntax and can string together some shit.

Unless that 2 year is a trade/certification, its borderline useless

Have a kiss babe
>bccccchhhhhaw
To all y'all in debt or need money;
>hired by state to cull certain species
>hired by private property owners to eradicate pest (small and large)
>growing one mid-tier cannabis plant to be harvest takes about 4 months with the value of approximately $1.7k per plant
>class A or B license for transportation or shuttling people or cargo
>train in smog check
>delivering weed (in legal states)
>making hash
>forestry (private and/or public)
There are actually a lot of jobs thst absolutely pay more than double minimum wage at minimal. The catch is, ya might have to uproot and travel far. Choices, choices, choices.

Yeah my plan right now is to scrape by on my payments with a shit job, guess I'll build up a portfolio in my spare time

Seriously work on some stuff. CS is the one major you can literally get some skill, drop out, and be successful if you can continue to learn and apply.

But you need to keep learning and applying user.

If you were talkative with any of your professors, they are great resources for internships/jobs/advice.

All my CS profs were incredibly indian/Chinese and hardly spoke English, so never really interacted with them much

Sucks to suck I guess

Well you've gotta do something lad, don't get sucked into a shit job you can't escape.

Should have switched majors like I did when all my economics professors were Chinese and Indians.

Glad the Accounting and Finance professor were white with one exception of him being Latino.

The plan is to avoid that hopefully

maybe I should just find a rich milf to marry

>it shocks me to learn how many fucking people drop out of college
That's because the average person isn't suited for academics and should be working a trade instead. Where'll they become experienced and knowledgeable with time and practice.

This idea that absolutely everybody needs or benefits from tertiary education is a stupid meme.

I wanted to switch but I'm a pussy who let my parents bully me into my education choices

Really wish I had taken a year off from HS to figure out what I really wanted to do before I got in debt with nothing to show for it

If I'm too dumb to be part of the economy I'm fully entitled to neetbux

Good for me I guess. BSc in applied physics, will go for masters tho.

Sorry but blue collar jobs are being done by immigrants or being automated.

They are better off living on welfare.

>BSc in applied physics

Sounds meme-ish, whats the difference with a normal bs in physics?

I feel bad since they (NY) just made tuition free for SUNY AND CUNY for 2 and 4 year degrees.

Just do it senpai. You started--now finish. Bust your academic nut

>People just give up to easily (at least in my country)
True. I'm now pushing myself to develop my skills and excel. Sadly public education never taught me that.

>This idea that absolutely everybody needs or benefits from tertiary education is a stupid meme.

That is true; but, blue collar work that pays a living wage (for a family) is hard to come by

I want to senpai, but it's hard when you're having to deal with debt at the same time

I know a 19 year old that earns 40/hr doing night construction. It's hard if you do some shit job for women, like retail and food services. Actual trades pay good money for little investment.

Got a mechanical engineering degree, I really had troubles with the educational system here, but didnt think that the math was hard or anything.

I think alot of ppl drop out because of they find it hard to conform themselves with the educational system.

I'm 25 at the moment.

Should I go for a degree in cybersecurity or learn a trade?

Maybe they're understanding that education is useless