Trump blocked some people from his Twitter account. Is that unconstitutional?

Lol

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/07/trump-blocked-some-people-from-his-twitter-account-is-that-unconstitutional-as-they-say/?utm_term=.09fb8670c434
youtube.com/watch?v=9h6D6yQUy04
washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/06/is-realdonaldtrump-violating-the-first-amendment-by-blocking-some-twitter-users/?utm_term=.7ada20bba164
archive.is/RAL1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/07/trump-blocked-some-people-from-his-twitter-account-is-that-unconstitutional-as-they-say/?utm_term=.09fb8670c434

>fagbook notifications
>android OS
>whatsapp
>using wifi not data
pure cuck

Kikebook fags, LOL.

>Trump blocked some people from his Twitter account. Is that unconstitutional?
no
that's thin skinned

Liberals really are insane.

he only blocked the people that were literally only posting antagonizing shit calling him names. he's the fucking president. under a different administration they'd be executed live on TV to set an example. this generation is fucking entitled beyond words.

topkek

So its a weird area. Since its his personal account he could do whatever the fuck he wants. But then spicer said that trump tweets on his personal account are official statements from him as the US president. By blocking people he is selectively removing individuals from seeing public statements, which is in violation of the first amendment.

Complete and utter bullshit. Twitter is a private company, the 1st amendment doesn't apply. All those morons have to do is logout to see those tweets but no, that's not good enough because they can't tweet back and keep attention whoring which is all they care about.

Where does the constitution mention twitter?

Get ready for I M P E A C H M E N T
Say it with me: Madam President!

Official government Presidential Twitter? Perhaps.
Personal Twitter? Nope.

>By blocking people he is selectively removing individuals from seeing public statements, which is in violation of the first amendment.
Just go incognito you stupid cuck. And it's not like his tweets aren't on every news within seconds of going out anyways

Somewhere, in an alternate timeline, people are not only getting blocked, but getting BANNED for spewing the same vitriol at Hillary Clinton, and the news media is covering the rise of "hate speech", and Steven Crowder is being arrested for taking a picture with Hillary Clinton's decapitated head.

nope. that is his PERSONAL account.

the OFFICIAL account for the POTUS is an entirely different issue. tough shit, dingo fucking retard.

Macron is getting impeached?

We tried to but you wouldn't say it.

>By blocking people he is selectively removing individuals from seeing public statements
they are still public statements that can be read and seen by anyone without a twitter account.
If you have been blocked, you can still read those tweets.

Why is a Middle Eastern Country like France injecting itself into the affairs of The West?

trump should make a presidential snapchat account 2bh.

Can't you just read by opening a private window on the browser?

I don't have a twitter account and I can read Trumps' tweets fine, so I assume blocked people can still see them if they log out of their accounts.

trump should make a presidential Grinder account...

But how are they gonna spam him with 20 tweets after every tweet he makes?! It''s unfair fucking drumpf #resist

I'll start the petition now

Nope. Twitter is not a govt. entity.

but twitter banning people is totally cool right?

Brockpuppets will be purged and their eyes gouged. Great doxxing will be coming soon.

He's a Brockpuppet. Trump is draining the swamp and they're going down the drain with it.

> violation of the first amendment...
you really are dumb.

> Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

where do you see twatter in there?
Protip: the president doesnt read or even see any of the mindless shrill lefty postal letters sent to the whitehouse either

the first amendment protects your right to SPEAK, not your desire to be heard, or your worthless fantasies of responding to the president's statements.

no, it just means he is a whiny bitch.

>implying you can't see the tweets if you log out.

By not being able to see a tweet on your account, you cannot interact with it. You cant favorite, forward, etc.

Lets say that there is a major of smith city. Smith city gives the major the verified "Major of smith" twitter account. This is considered to be media relating to the city, not the major. If he blocks his ex wife on this account without the permission off the city, he is violating both the ex wifes and the cities (or more specifically the major's office's team that handles this shit) first ammendment rights. It would fall under the same rules as television. A judge cannot say "i sentence you to never watch the defendant on TV."

Of course this was all fucking superfluous and pointless until someone on trumps PR team said that they were official statements by the POTUS and not the POTUS shitposting as donald trump.

Your second paragraph analogy falls short because he blocked them on his personal account. And it falls short because it's fucking stupid.

And this is one of those Verified Lefty Journos that does nothing but sling shit and insult him in the replies.

>Your second paragraph analogy falls short because he blocked them on his personal account.

Its why this is fucking stupid. Yes it is his personal account. @POTUS is the official account of the POTUS. But if Trump comes out and says "Everything on my personal account should be treated the same as my @POTUS account." then we reach a gray area where someone is saying we SHOULD take his personal as the official government account. Trump didnt say this but one of his press secretaries did.

I can guarantee this bitch did nothing but sling shit in the replies under every one of Trump's tweets

Probably because you don't clear your notifications, subhuman fuck.

I think you miss that no one's first amendment rights are being violated here. As liberals are so fond of pointing out, just because you have right to free speech doesn't mean other people have to listen or provide you with a platform. It literally just means they government can't arrest you for what you say (and even this has caveats).

>Lets say that there is a major of smith city
Like a military Major or a marching band Major.
This is an important distinction that create major differences.

why is a town appointing a major?

UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh, who favors a strong First Amendment and is truly expert, posts on the subject in Wapo today. Here is his bottom line:

>Blocked users apparently can’t post to Twitter comment threads, at least without some complicated workarounds. If @RealDonaldTrump is seen as a governmental project and thus a limited public forum, then viewpoint-based exclusion from posting to such threads likely would be unconstitutional, just as viewpoint-based exclusion from commenting on a government-run Facebook page would be.

washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/06/06/is-realdonaldtrump-violating-the-first-amendment-by-blocking-some-twitter-users/?utm_term=.7ada20bba164

Archive: archive.is/RAL1s

lol

>someone constantly harasses you on Twitter
>block them (literally the best solution)
>they try to sue you
Ok.

I'm no law professor (do you think the founders intended for people to need a college degree to understand their constitution?) but I can read.

>Congress shall make no law . . .

I'm pretty sure congress hasn't passed any laws banning anyone from twitter, so there's no first amendment issue here.

That does not matter in this case. "B-but s-she was mean to me" does not mean you can block someone on a media platform using an "official government account."

Meant to say "mayor" but I kept putting a j instead of a y because Im retarded apparently.

See

If you were in the Roman forum and did nothing but yell that Caesar was a faggot at the top of your lungs, drowning out everyone else, do you think you'd be allowed to stay?

see

It's unconstitutional to ban them from @POTUS, But @RealDonaldTrump is his personal account.

>It's unconstitutional to ban them from @POTUS

Not even. See This is literally /thread.

If the congress doesn't make a law it means it's correct? Well DAMN! I guess the Mayor of NY Could pass a law censoring criticism against his administration. Since it's not congress doing it.

Unlike Volokh, I'm not expert in First Amendment law, but I wonder if the Twitter blocks must necessarily be categorized as "viewpoint-based exclusion," since it appears that most of the blocks arise not from the viewpoint as such, but from constant, annoying trollish behavior.

I might add, if anyone is interested in this subject, there is likely some interesting discussion in the comments to Volokh's post -- where the liberals typically outnumber the conservatives by 2 or 3 to 1, but there are usually a few strong conservatives who are knowledgeable lawyers.

he's just a baby

TRUMP NEEDS A SAFE SPACE

are you implying that a troll is not a legitimate viewpoint? I don't see why that would be the case and if it is who defines what is a troll?

>LOLOLOLOLOL ~(O_O)~
>LOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOL ~ xD ~
>LOLOLOOOOOOOOLLLLLL BLUMPF

fuck off retard, ignored

>OOOH WOW YOU NEED A SAFE SPACE HUH

Um, no sweetie. No it's not honey baby

By the wording, yes. Several Supreme Court cases have established what is known as the incorporation doctrine, wherein the bill of rights is held to apply to state and local governments as well as federal. Which is irrelevant to the situation at hand, because no laws have been passed by anyone. You cannot even make the case that people are being denied the right to assemble, because twitter isn't a public space. It's a website owned and operated by a private company. There is no right to access twitter. They can ban you and they can provide blocking functionality to their users.

He has as much right to block people from his account as the left does to block dissidents from speaking.

Freedom of Speech goes both ways, not just one.

That's correct.

Uh, "blocking some people" is what you do when you close your front door. Who cares? You should be worried about the weirdos who don't want to block anybody out of their lives.

blocked
log out of twitter
can now see his tweets

amazing
so this is the power of democrat opposition

yo this is CRAZY! trump is finished. i cant believe this is all it took.

WaPo did care when twitter was banning all us ebil white supreeeemists.

Of course not, sage this 1 post bait. Also Obama did the same thing and these partisan hacks didn't care. King nigger will be the last black president.