When did cinema lose its spark?

When did cinema lose its spark?
>youtube.com/watch?v=B824wzlU_Mg&t=330s

Sometime in the late 90's Hollywood realized it didn't have to make anything of quality so long as it was a CGI shitfest with lots of wreckage and explosives.

And that's all they've made since.

actually super hero movies are very good

When they introduced sound

/thread

I was at a Screenwriting Convention like 8yrs ago in LA.

The female executive of Paramount gave a speech telling everyone that new stories scripts were a thing of the past and films were now going to be made for foreign audiences based on already successful works:
>books
>comics
>video gays
>Cartoons

Mind you she said all this with swelling pride, while sprinkling in her Feminism. The kind of executives that ruined Myspace, Yahoo, and Carly Fiorina (destroyed Hewlett-Packard) types

And of course you will get the SJW films/TV shows because Jews and the CIA put aside money for that, and faggots have run Hollywood since about 2001. That's why Hollywood/music/TV is now like Broadway -- total shit.

They literally forced all the creative types out and replaced them with robotic hipster writers trying to create the next Willy Wonka spin-off or something.

no...

I think the acting departure from theatrical style style didn't help. Also close-up shots.

>capeshit
>good

60s and 70s cultural revolution. Birth of Postmodernism, rejection of morality, rejection of authority, rejection of conventional society and civilization structure, rejection of bedrock institutions like church, government, schools, etc.

It really is the cultural marxist, internationalist, globalist, communist, anti-white Christian groups that are the reason for this. It wasn't guys like us that said hey lets destroy families, destroy religion, corrupt and expand the government, and blame white men for every problem and demand their resources.

Once people lost their innocence, guidance, and morality, they turned away from art of all forms that aims to convey beauty and ideal universal moral principles of goodness and nobility.

>doesnt understands archetypes
>hates cool effects

>I think the acting departure from theatrical style style didn't help. Also close-up shots.
meh

Story > Craft

Well maybe Spider-Man 2002, and Dark Knight, mostly because of Heath Ledger. The rest is all the same

Steve Job's fault.

His Pixar shit was the warning bell.

Just like how Steve Jobs ruined the computer industry.

Now everything is called apps now.

>poor man's commedia dell'arte

Late 90s

I'd say it was when they threw out teaching actors firstly in playwright scenarios, guiding them to use more expressions in there face and there torso (alot of the reason being because teachers were all from the silent era, a period when body language was key in order for the audience to understand). It wasn't until the 50's when they implemented a new style of teaching that was much more literal and grounded since (((they))) thought the acting style of the 20-50's wasn't effective.

Nope. Barely any capeshit was as good as Raimi Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2.

It almost makes me wish Raimi never got asked to direct Spiderman so capeshit would have stayed dead since all those old Batman movies sucked balls.

> Artists are good people.

Retarded.

No they are not. Kys.

Marvel movies are completely vapid trash. The literal only reason they do so well is because of branding. That is it. Branding. The movies themselves are like C-rate sci-fi flicks. Avengers 2, Thor, Iron Man, *disgust*.

Time to look up leading edge directors from the 40&50s and get to know those stories

~ real people thinking and acting on screen

Western cinema? Probably like late 90s or very early 2000s, feels like its gone down hill since then with endless remakes, very little originality, there have been a few standouts but not many.

I've enjoyed a lot of foreign films though, many crime, thriller, mystery, and even some history genres from Korea and Japan are done well.

my taste cant just be sold to cheap """"effects"""""

I'm just watching any movie that catches my eye, including kids cartoons to adult films, and I've noticed that many seem to include propaganda or some sort of political agenda.

Just to give you all some examples, Transylvania seems to promote inter-racial relationships via replacing race with species. The father and the grandfather are shown as being intolerant, but eventually give into the idea of having an inter-species son. I also watched Sausage Party, which seems to mock monotheism. It seems like they are being satirical whilst mixing in a personal message that a belief in God (or "gods" in the movie) is a lie or "bullshit," three food items say that they made everything up, and that their stories got distorted by others. It made references to Nazi Germany, Britain, etc. Interestingly enough, 2 of the 4 producers for sausage party are Jewish. I would say that Transylvania was made for social issues, not necessarily for religious/philosophical ideals.

These are just two examples. I cannot help but notice the underlying political, philosophical, etc. arguments/views these producers are interwinning into movies. It is annoying.

Wrong

Story is the heart of film. Remakes of books and toys and shit are garbage because the stories are done badly. You can make anything good >good as Raimi Spiderman
super wrong. Raimi destroyed the Super Hero film. Before that was movies like Blade, Dr. Strange, Batman, Superman, Heavy Metal... all superior even with a small budget.

You're just about the biggest pleb on the board right now.

Zootopia was my realisation, I loved the movie and still do but the imagery and messages are everything they are pushing

Spiderman, Batman Begins, and X-Men were the last good superhero movies.

MCU ruined blockbusters forever.

>cinema, the product of a heavy investment and specific skill sets related to tools
>even poor sound can ruin the visual
>has a fundamentally different approach to story-telling that requires understanding working within the framework of the tools

I'm not going to get into the pissing contest of story vs. craft, but even writing literature requires good craftsmanship to deliver good stories. I'll add that film's tendency to produce outlandish fiction reflects a poor understanding of the world, and all the stories suffer for it. Although fiction is not heresy.

J E W S

Digital cameras

Yep
All the kids films i have watched in the past 2 years have heavily featured multiculturalism propaganda, and also some white men evil and queer transgenderism good stuff

About the same time you started paying attention to it.

*sigh* to exist during a time where the only people you'd come across were other white people

So beyond fed up living with nonwhites.

well it seems the original scarface not the 1980s version, was basically a movie to outlaw automatic weapons, its actuallyone of the first movies which first blatantly shit on american rights.

"Do you what you can to get these weapons of the streets, contact your Senator or Mayor... blah blah"

This. It's got teh epic *pshhheww* *pssshewww*

exactly.

Dark Knight is terrible. Spider-Man 1-2, first X-Men and X2, Batman 89, first Avengers, and newest X-Men movies are good.

Stop watching capeshit

>am i cool yet guys

I just want to be my 13 year old self in the movie theater watching Spider-Man. I still remember that kid yelling' OH! That's gott hurt" hen Spidey flew into the billboard when he was testing his new webslinging

they are very expensive

I'm just trying to imagine how children will grow up having all that propaganda filled into their heads. When I was younger, I would only watch PBS, but at the time it as filled with propaganda. Luckily, I also never really had a childhood, and hardly watched any cartoons. I just missed the cartoons/movies that had no outright message, and we're just solely for entertainment.

To bad you missed out on Hey Arnold. So many good messages. Such a black kid can turn out perfectly normal. As long as he grows up around other white kids

This makes sense. The people who don't believe it have no idea how the world is currently working. Suckers

>even writing literature requires good craftsmanship to deliver good stories
Bullshit

You can have spelling errors and shitty syntax and still tell a good story better than some Hemingway piece of over-rated garbage

>I'll add that film's tendency to produce outlandish fiction reflects a poor understanding of the world, and all the stories suffer for it
Super bullshit
What is SciFi, Noir, Kubrick?