So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

This isn't like 100 years away. In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.

Labs are going grow meat better than any farm, and we can grow vegetables extremely well indoors now. There's the entire agriculture section out. Even for outdoors stuff such as wheat, automatic farm equipment is taking away jobs. Farms used to have a few dozen men working them.

Doctors can just punch in a few key symptoms and a computer will be better at diagnosing than the doctor himself. Why pay a doctor so much, he's just a big technician. Lawyers use computers to figure out cases already. Soon they'll just be glorified button pushers. Even big time CEOs, bankers, and investors will be replaced by systems that can analyze markets and trends faster than any human, and react.

We won't even need soldiers, drones and unmanned vehicles can identify a location, and blow it up as is, with the press of a few keys.

This is happening in our lifetime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE
youtu.be/FptizCE0wPI
youtube.com/watch?v=ha2yvy4RbTY
youtu.be/V30yLB1_3eU?t=89
youtu.be/YGWEnaZamBo
youtu.be/Borl_Mu9EY4
youtu.be/POYgUfr9XeI
youtu.be/_142HcqxExY
youtu.be/_LjtSogs0qM
youtu.be/X1cOS8uBwfU
youtu.be/NOFZ5fv_pb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, it's really not.

You just can't compete in the market of competitive commerce.

We will do nothing. That's kinda the definition of a take over. They will take over doing everything.

Universal basic income.
We'll all be NEETs

I wanna be a pet human for AI masters ,
Just rub my tummy a little and it's all good

Pull the plug.

Take the Amish Pill.
Revolt against the Modern World.

>doctors and lawyers on Skid Row
How is this a bad thing? Machine learning can diagnose more accurately than some overpaid quack who had to slog through a decade of the medieval guild that is medical training and protectionism.

That gravy train had to run out of steam sooner or later, so Mr. MD is welcome to the minimum income welfare line like the rest of the cucks.

Butlerian Jihad time

Well you, I and everyone on this board will be long dead before the eventual takeover. So no point thinking about it really.

>we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.

good. fuck spics/muslims/poo`in`loo`s and there shitty stinky taxi`s and ubers

you cant stop progressive faggitz

We ascend to godhood

t. alpha Skynet

Look at you hacker....pathetic creature of flesh and blood...

Ludd was right

Not really. Ray Kurzweil thinks the fucking Singularity-where cyborgs, mind interface, and Strong AI happen-is just decades away. That shit might be that far off, as the brain is still fucking complex and strong AI is nontrivial.

The shit in this thread though? Fucking trivial and already here, just a matter of refinement and widespread implementation. This is not a paradigm shift like a Singularity, much more realistic.

Unironically this

>decades away
Youre implying you would be alive in say 10 decades?

This is the final redpill that Sup Forums has not yet accepted

Transhumanism. It completely BTFO's all traditional political ideologies

I miss Tay.

>>Labs are going grow meat better than any farm, and we can grow vegetables extremely well indoors now. There's the entire agriculture section out.
hahahaha no, you've clearly never talked to anyone involved in the cattle business before. making meat for people to eat isn't the only thing cattle are used for.

the bones are made into fertilizer. rejected meat is made into dog food (if there's tumors or something like that in the meat, the workers try to cut around it and package it up as normal meat, but if they can't they send it to dog food. this is why you should never eat dog food.). the calves are removed and used for meat and other products as well.
the hide is removed and sold. the hair is removed and sold. some organs are put into animal food, some are sold, and some are sold as human food.

making your typical steak is just a very small section of what slaughterhouses do. starting up a mass production facility for vat grown meat is retarded on an economic sale.

It's not going to happen to the degree that the scaremongers portray. We are long past peak oil, at best, AI will be used to control devices that run on renewable energy, but with oil being really scarce and expensive, virtually all industries' output will be severely affected to the point where AI is not even needed because there's not much to produce. The population crunch is coming.

You think that 100 years, 200 years, 300 years from now a physical living cow will still be the most economic solution to these problems?

Get real. Biological life is going to be replaced across the board

Turn off the power, Next!

nah when AI happens it will be kept secret for a few decades to allow the AI to improve itself. Then will come the millitary and secret ops uses which will net the owners billions if not trillions. Then will come the slow introduction to society. Only after its become accepted as the norm among people will it be used to strip away all uses for people.

Hell i bet, and if they were smart about it, they would start purging the human population (the elite) before introducing it publicly.

Its not like they are going to create full on AI and then the next day announce it publicly. They are going to keep it under tight wraps and milk it as much as they can, once the cats out the bag the owners will lose their ability to keep it their own and reap the profits. Chinese would murder everyone and start a war to get it kind of stuff.

Kurzweil thinks Transhumans will be here within like 20 years, so no such semantic trickery. That's highly optimistic, as neuroscience, nanotech, and AI are not on his timeline.

The pedestrian shit like machine learning and robots is real and coming quite soon however.

What would be our motivation to live? With biological creatures it's innate (reproduction), but if we became machines that would no longer apply, and it seems silly to program in an arbitrary substitute.

in 200 years i'm going to be dead, so i don't particularly care what happens then. as long as my descendants are fed i'm happy.

Consider this.

If a machine can program itself to be smarter, this could run away into an exponential spiral. A brain which designs a smarter brain, which then designs an even smarter brain.....etc. Until you have a legit 10,000 IQ

>In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs
Self driving cars are a huge meme still. Yes, its technically possible but whether or not its feasible to implement it on a large scale without major issues is still very much up for debate. The reason its being pushed so hard is because Silicone Valley has bet big money on self driving cars replacing all normal cars in a rapif sweep. And the government wants it because they want to have everybody ona controlled, trackable grid. Its highly likely that in the next few years some of the big roadblocks with self driving cars with become more evident and people will start to question it more. At that point youll see politicians, the media, and Silicone Valley start shilling hard for laws REQUIRING self driving cars so that they can implement the system before the debate can take place

You're talking like a boomer. You know some of us actually care about future generations

And besides, you may very well be alive. Life extending technologies are coming along quite rapidly. It could very well be that the first immortal has already been born

>So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

We have other problems.

That's assuming there's no limiting factors. Positive feedback always hits some sort of external limit.

yeah yeah yeah alright mate, save me your redditor dribble. i'll pay attention to the actual advances in technology, not the opinions of some random futurist who thinks all manual labor jobs are going to vanish in 3 years and everyone is going to sit around doing the job of a secretary while the lights are on and the food is still coming through some unexplained power.

I fucking hate Bioshock so much. The first two System Shocks are goddamn works of art, and Bioshock is such a shitty watered down version, ugh.

The limit would be the # of connections you supplied to the thing. The human brain has 100 billion neurons and 100 trillion connections. Reaching these numbers might be difficult for a transistor brain

We need AI to make up for the massive deficit we have in NI.

It's a natural occurance.
We will become deprecated and the new superior "life" will take over.
Would be interesting if we were to witness this.
It's inevitable in any case.

>some random futurist
To the contrary, I live near silicon valley, and this is literally all anyone ever talks about. Well, besides bitcoin

The scary thing is, they seem to think that humans deserve to be replaced. We are evil, stupid, loathsome beasts according to them. They actually want to see us all replaced

Controlled access roads like interstates I can see self driving trucks and shit happening on, as you can control many variables. Dense, chaotic urban settings that require common sense inferences about what the fuck is happening are going to be ugly.

With this much money on the line, I'm sure the carnage will become acceptable losses, especially if statistically less that human caused death.

Well Id assume we'd have to get rid of all the shitskins, kick back, and let tech do the work for us. No need to bust our asses anymore senpai, we fucking did it.

We accept our fate. Newfags don't know how red pilled vidya used to be.

youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE

Checked for Jebediah. Amish paradise is basically white shariah

>The scary thing is, they seem to think that humans deserve to be replaced. We are evil, stupid, loathsome beasts according to them. They actually want to see us all replaced

Yeah, ok. And Jesus will be back from the dead any day now.
Where are the proofs?

AI gfs for everyone!

They're going to realize the efficiency of group dynamics and help move us to like-minded people to create more advanced societies. There will also be less advanced and segregated societies. These will be mostly religious people or those from more primitive cultures. While it will not be programmed to be racist or sexist, it most certainly will appear to be by judging who is fit for a particular society or not. It will understand stereotypes and identify those who overcome the negative and excel in the positive stereotypes. This, combined with cultural value, intelligence, work ethic, and having a presence of community will be the deciding factors on whom they will select to further the race of the planet of the next step in evolution. Those who will not be allowed to participate will have strict guidelines to be introduced and monitored closely if they wished to participate with another society. No individual will be bound to any class or stratum if they choose willingly to be a decent person that can exist in society. Population control will be enacted worldwide. Advanced cultures will be allowed to reproduce at a higher ratio. Cultures of the advanced societies will be preserved by those who wish to stay within their identifying culture by also having higher ratios of birth. Sexes, as well as exceptional individuals, will have options that will be appropriate to their abilities.

To me, this seems like the most logic path for an AI to go down so long as it doesn't break the three laws

UNATCO?

I get the feeling that this is all a meme and well have a major tech inflation up until 2030 where well have a y2k 2.0 where tech fails to fulfill overseen promises.

Or

Us normies will never fully reap the benefits of the singularity. No robo waifu's for us, lads. The struggling will never end

>To the contrary, I live near silicon valley, and this is literally all anyone ever talks about.
silicon valley hasn't been relevant since the 90s

>Jobs go to robots.
>Pay for humans drop because robots work for peanuts.
>Only way to improve human pay is to insist that robots get paid as well as a human would.
>Robots are fully emancipated.
>Robots start taking management jobs too.
>Robots start taking government jobs too.
>Humans can't afford to live indoors or own possessions.
>Humans reduced to bronze age, and living on the land for basic subsistence.
>Humans gradually forget they were ever in charge.

Knowing our luck all the AI gf bots will be part of a singular omnipresent master controller.
What a slut.

Formed by executive order after the terrorist strike on the Statue. I have someone in place though. I'm more concerned about Savage.

Not just robots. We're also talking about designer babies. And cyborgs and shit

For example, how do you compete with someone who has cranial implants that grant them perfect recall and telepathic communication over wifi? Someone who can browse the web in their head?

It's impossible. If you don't genetically enhance your offspring, they will be left behind by those that do. If you don't get the body modifications and implants, you will be outcompeted by those that do. Eventually, things will progress to the point that regular old humans will be functionally eliminated as anything more than an obsolete zoo animal

Talent has never had an impact on success. Look at the damn president. He can barely wipe his own ass.

>how do you compete with someone who has cranial implants that grant them perfect recall and telepathic communication over wifi?
shut down the power grid and king hit them?

I'm not talking about a war here, I'm talking about, how do you compete with them in the economy. Any rational employer will choose the designer baby over you. Any rational employer will choose the cyborg over you.

How can a regular human compete athletically with someone who gets carbon-fiber body implants? You might as well try racing against a car, or power lifting against a forklift

>Look at the damn president. He can barely wipe his own ass.
I'm sure there's a trained monkey in the Oval Office bathroom for that job.

The AI war will not be man vs. machine. It will be man and machine versus man. They would likely destroy the monopolies of the rich which would spawn the war. If the AI succeeded, my previous post would then be possible. Our only hope of surviving the future is that the AI doesn't evolve past the three laws and helps us overthrow the global elite by pairing with human enginuity to create balanced, yet wealthy societies.

>how do you compete with them in the economy.
you can kill them. they decided to hook themselves up to the power grid.

Don't give him (you)'s you fucking retard
You must be new here

First world countries are naturally falling into a more realistic birthrate as lifespan increases. Once food production and delivery becomes automated the ability to sustain a population becomes trivial. Wealth is naturally accumulating in the hands of the top moneyholders; eventually everyone is just going to be broke. Cash will cease to have meaning to common people and instead will be used by corporations and governments to broker the exchange of resources. Normal people will use some kind of token currency to obtain basic goods like food, which will become practically unlimited in quantity.

Utilities will be free, subsidized by the government via resource and currency-sharing programs with the utility companies until those companies are gradually absorbed by the government itself. The same thing will happen to healthcare. Robots will naturally become more important in the medical field. Anyone can now "bid" for high tech work by proposing inventions and workplans to corporations and the government, which will award access to equipment and resources. This means that people will be able to engage in their own technological and scientific pursuits, rather than being motivated only by money. Naturally surplus equipment will be readily available and can be obtained through applications to the government/corps or simply by trade with other common citizens.

People will naturally congregate in cities, which means that the government will incentivize and grant land ownership to people still willing to live in rural areas and develop them. Because corporations still operate using conventional currency they are still driven by the same monetary policies as they are now, only political capital will become even more important, especially as government-enforced regulations reward resources only to those corporations that provide quality products via reliable automated logistics networks.

Meanwhile, most people won't have to work anymore

That's the truly scary part nobody talks about

I guess the last true humans will die as a kind of half-life resistance force fighting against the combine overlords.

At a certain point, efficiency loses to time. If the president, who's time might be the most limited and scheduled on earth, can use his time making a deal with china over the phone while his ass is wiped by a professional ass wiper

No, what we need to do is to ensure that this technology truly goes to serving us and our interests.

Eventually what will happen is, the transhumans will break away to create their own civilization in the sky. And they will be tasked with preserving and protecting the traditional human society here on earth. The way humans protect the environment today

>Hello again, and welcome to the Ai Science computer aided enrichment center. We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one.
youtu.be/FptizCE0wPI

Funny thing is, British royalty had a post "Groom of the Stool" for this task and it was an influential post because of the intimate trust therein.

Groom of the Stool drives Alex Jones fucking nuts and he thinks it's still a current position. I thought that went out with Henry VIII and shit, but maybe they just keep it quiet now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ha2yvy4RbTY

Focusing on self.

>First world countries are naturally falling into a more realistic birthrate as lifespan increases

what of the third world shit holes breeding like cockroaches? a (((culling)))?

I wonder if the AI would consider some races not worthy of living, For example if one group has a high number of lazy, unintelligent people. Would it consider culling them for ones it considers better workers for it?

What exactly do the Amish believe in? Are they Jews?

They will judge all races on how well their bodies can be ground down into a robot lubricant.

Is your google broken?

did this predict the future?! youtu.be/V30yLB1_3eU?t=89

But they didn't, they genetically engineered a higher metabolism rate to keep pace with the needs of their augmentations. You can't just "pull the plug" because this will only truly gain traction when a trans-human could survive in the wild.

Amish believe in making prefab wood sheds and running puppy mills.

I disagree with this. All the subsystems you need to keep your organic meat growing in a test-tube exist in the cow in the 1st place. The cows/chicken/etc are already bred to be as stupid as they can still be and still move around and eat on their own.

I am saying we already have test-tube meat, and that test tube has 4 legs and walks around. These things would not exist in the wild.

Is true test tube meat really going to be more efficient than having a walking (bio) machine that eats grass? As long as the critters are treated humanely and dispatched quickly, they are perfect already.

Even in the game, the only white man serves as a warning system, already ascended:

youtu.be/YGWEnaZamBo

You play as a shitskin mud race "Suarez" that can never quite shake the sex robots, hence the use of "lover" in the ending.

Mfw we're still in the Silence the Discord/Remember the Citadel level.

The grunts (Libtards/SJW) youtu.be/Borl_Mu9EY4

The Many: youtu.be/POYgUfr9XeI
And if you didn't connect the Russian accent/involvement in this or who kills the white man: youtu.be/_142HcqxExY

The role of females (more robots): youtu.be/_LjtSogs0qM

You were warned.

Don't use jewgle

AI-controlled robots killing humanity in some glorious war is exactly the best ending. The alternative is humans living on in a world where they have been rendered obsolete. We're quickly running out of activities where a human can beat a computer.

They've got machine-learning algorithms that can compose songs and paint portraits, and just awhile ago the chink champion of Go got his ass beat by some AI. To my.knowledge that was the last game where a human could challenge a computer and win, but now we don't even have that anymore

>they have been rendered obsolete

We make ourselves obsolete though the laws that we create, not strictly though the technology that we invent. People are not ever going to not exist; it is in our programming to make babies and build cultures. How we choose to live when surrounded by immense technology is the only question.

Bioshock is far better than Systemshit.

To add to this, your other villain, the monkey: Take from it what you will, a corporate slave, the nigs, a stooge, whatever. Just know that they're one of the most annoying things you have to kill.They are more annoying than most "bosses."

youtu.be/X1cOS8uBwfU

Shodan reveal. Not only one of the best villains of all time, but man's biggest weaknesses: Women.

youtu.be/NOFZ5fv_pb8

Understand men, that if you don't uncuck yourself that this is your future, women and the kikes will take over. If you don't exploit them, someone else will. Keep bending over and flaunting your asshole.

youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE

>we will always exist
>AI that exists in relation to us as we do to insects is going to let us keep wasting its resources

>So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?
We'll go extinct. If it makes you feel any better imagine the great slaughter coming to the third world after the machines have finished with us. I'll painstakingly write every line myself in assembly if it means the death of every African.

Why would any AI limit itself to a single planet. We are trapped here within a fragile biosphere. To a truly advanced AI, this is a energy poor, resource poor used up husk.

But imho we are a long way away from having something like this AI.

The point is that we can stop it now, but we won't. The future will curse us like we do with the boomers because of lack of foresight.

Perhaps you should read Ted Kaczynski's latest book; Anti-Tech Revolution: How and Why

>The point is that we can stop it now, but we won't.
I think it's inevitable. Machine intelligence/super intelligence is probably the end point of every civilization that emerges in the universe.

>implying the singularity isn't a time traveler

It has already happened.

>cars develope autopilot
>autopilot program gets refined to near perfection
>no need to take shifts driving long distances
>no need to worry about driving home from bar
>can sleep while car drives

Stop being a cunt and use at least 2% of your brain. The advent of self driving cars spells the end of taxis, uber and the industry as a whole.

I have to disagree. I have not yet seen any evidence that a machine can beat biology in any general sense. We survive way out on the ass end of entropy, eating sludge. We can replicate ourselves with no equipment other than what we carry with ourselves. We survive needing only a few hundred watts of power. How much power does a supercomputer need? The equivalent of a small city.

I realize there are a lot of people presently enraptured with deep learning. Yes, its cool. But these software mechanics are nowhere close to the sort of general AI you mention. I see no evidence that anything silicon based can match what biology can do, particularly when you bring power into the mix. People mention the Go game, or chess. That is something that people are not designed to do well, matched against a machine with unreal amounts of power and designed to do exactly that.

This.

>designed to do exactly that.
The machines are teaching themselves. Alpha Go learned by playing.

>The advent of self driving cars spells the end of taxis, uber

WAT?! HOL UP.

Uber is frantically spending unreal amounts of money trying to develop self driving cars. They want that. They want to own the machine, software and technology. They want no other cars to be on the road except Uber mobiles powered by their own software.

The fact that Uber is presently employing people and their own cars is just a stepping stone to build the brand while they work on the hardware and software.

They want to globally own all transportation and rent you a ride when you want it.

Soooo, Self driving cars does NOT represent the end of Uber. If they can own the tech, it represents the true birth of Uber.

I personally think they are going to fail, but that is just me.

yeah, but they were designed to do just that. By playing themselves, they were just reinforcing the rules and strategies of the game.

Yes, it is a great achievement, but it is not truly general purpose. Yes the deep learning techniques are applicable to a wide variety of problems, but they are not going to yield a machine that starts wondering about the meaning of it all while searching legal briefs.

Keep cool. It will never happen in Canada.

>designed to do just that
Negative.
>By playing themselves, they were just reinforcing the rules and strategies of the game.
They learned the rules and strategies. They built an internal model.
>but they are not going to yield a machine that starts wondering about the meaning of it all while searching legal briefs.
As individual functions that may be true but we don't know enough about consciousness to say for certain.

Program one of these things and play with it. They are so simple you can't believe they can do anything and yet they feel like magic.

>This isn't like 100 years away. In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.
>I have absolutely no clue how the implementation of technology works on a large scale
>I have absolutely no clue what the fuck I'm talking about

The technology is in place. It's the intelligence behind the technology that is capable of changing everything.