Annexing an island in bankrupt and caribbean spics instead of a peninsula that is mostly desert and comfy af beaches

>Annexing an island in bankrupt and caribbean spics instead of a peninsula that is mostly desert and comfy af beaches.
>average intellectual

I don't see why Baja California would become a US state when Alta California is about to rejoin Mexico.

No.

The US fucked up in the Mexican American war. They should've taken the Polk borders and pushed the Mexicans further south. They were too soft and weak.

The British Empire wouldn't have been so restrained.

Actually, this thread reminds me... I once read a rumor that during the peso crisis in the 80s, Reagan wanted to offer to buy Sonora and Baja California in exchange for some kind of jewish banking magic to stabilize their currency. Did that really happen, or was that a bs story?

No no you fucking idiot. See how we've ruined commiefornie and other states? It was a wise decision from USA, and it's not like they don't already own us through politicians that work for everyones interests except the mexican people interests. And no genocide wasn't an option either because they were somewhat developed at that point.

>See how we've ruined commiefornie and other states?

The Mexican territory was extremely sparsely populated even at the Polk borders, and America had a steady supply of assimilated European migrants to settle any new territories. California and Texas always had a large minority population but they were not as bad as today until the latter half of the 20th century.

>commiefornia wanting to be part of a third world country
lel

how about annex baja and part of sonora to make arizona bay real?

USA asked to buy Greenland in 1953, and Denmark refused. (instead leasing us unlimited military access.) Think about how /comfy/ living there would be.

Yeah, we would've just become minority white even sooner if we did.

Reagan did want to buy Baja (donno about Sonora)

there were too many mexicans and we worried about miscegenation and giving them the vote

I would love it if Greenland was US territory. I've wanted to visit it for years. I just love that kind of cold, stark environment.

Maybe sonora too, making the US having total control of the gulf of california.

The Mexican-American War (1846-1848) - The failure to completely annex a defeated country during a high tide of racial expansion and folkwandering marks our starting point. Because of regional factionalism between the North and South, only Texas and the less populated areas of northern Mexico were acquired. Since the anti-expansionists won, we should consider their winning arguments (however petty and small-minded they may have been in the grand scheme of Aryan colonial expansion). These were that expansion would

1.) Increase the political power of the slaveholder states relative to the non-slaveholder states because it was expected that slavery would be spread into the Mexican territories,

2.) Bring large numbers of non-Europeans into the United States, and

3.) Bring large numbers of Catholics into the United States.

To summarize, an opportunity to expand the lands available for rule and settlement of the Aryan race was made available to the Americans in the war against Mexico, and the Americans declined to acquire the maximum possible lands because of political infighting. An opportunity to expand our best bred and most vigorous pioneering peoples was turned down. This would not be the last time such self-sabotage was enacted. But it kicked off a long decline for certain in an empire where for two generations earlier settlers had relentlessly driven the British, French, Spanish, and Indians out of what went from the border of the United States to its geographic center.

This exactly, otherwise we would have taken all all of Mexico and the Philippines would be part of the USA still

Just go to fucking Alaska

The US population and the population of Europeans in general was far higher than that of 3rd and 2nd world nations in the 19th century. Mass immigration would be happening in the other direction, not into America.

remember it still has a shittone of copper, tungsten and silver

That is why Pat Buchanan wants Baja so bad.

would you consider selling Baja to usa?

what were the polk borders?