Who's prepping here!? Am I mad for getting into it or is it a wise move in these times

Who's prepping here!? Am I mad for getting into it or is it a wise move in these times

Unless you live in a rural area there's no point in storing a ton of food and stuff. If shtf you want to get the hell out of cities and towns.

once you dont get into it too much/go a bit crazy for it its never a bad idea

I do our small town is slowly becoming self sufficient.

So you plan on taking no food with you. If you have a vehicle you should atleast keep some buckets of rice and beans or something that you can throw in your car or carry. Youre going to be very hungry otherwise

I live on an island so im fairly safe
Plus i gots plenty water and beans
If the shtf anons are welcome

Prepping is never unwise as long as you stay realistic and don't go overboard.
Prepping is about 15% gear and 85% mental. Anticipate what you could need to prepare for and then plan what you need and acquire gear. Don't forget to test the gear out.

>>/out/

Nah just kidding.
They are too good for you.

>Sawtooth shovel

Move to a rural area (bonus: forested area with high level of biodiversity).Start a family/tribe and work in the fields. Life won't be comfortable or easy as before, but it will be easier and more satisfactory.

Anyone know what the shelf-life of petrol is? How long can I store it in Jerry cans at room temperature before it becomes useless for a car?

Nice getting the community involved is the best way to go.
I'd say MRE's and water/water treatment would be better than hauling buckets of rice and stuff around if your planning to gtfo.
Sounds comfy hopefully I can find my way there if shit goes down.

>>there's no point in storing a ton of food and stuff

well that depends on the scenario and what you would consider the be a "ton" right? I have one month of survival rations that I rotate every year.

>prepping

White people are always prepared.
You're acting like a nigger.

Water, shelter, food.
In that order, faggot.

>Muh ramen
>Muh jockstrap
>Muh inflatable love doll

Cunts like you make me sick.

The only thing iam prepping is Jamal.

What do you got Britbong?

So you guys agree? Something is going to happen here and we're facing a historic economic crisis in the coming months and years that will change our way of life forever.

Just a supply of food so far going to up the ante a bit though

modern fasoline goes bad after about 6 months. If you have a diesel car remember that only diesel without any "biofuel" added keeps well(years / decades).

It does depend on the scenario you're right. But as most people in the UK live in densely populated cities and towns they'd want to get as far away from there as fast as possible I'd think. It depends how much time they'd have and if they had a vehicle I suppose.

Mre's arnt going to last as long as a bucket of rice and beans, if you will only be gone short term then mre's will be fine, but you are limited to how many you can carry. Chances are most people are not going to have to flee within a moments notice in this country, if anything happens it will likely be gradual so you should have time to carry supplies to whereever you are going. Bucket of rice and beans will last a single person months, all you need is water source and fire to boil / steralise the water

I literally just farted.

>Something is going to happen here and we're facing a historic economic crisis in the coming months and years that will change our way of life forever.

Yeah. Don't bother to learn how to build a fire, or find water.
Just go from no food in your house to 2 days of food on hand.

What could possibly go wrong?

It's petrol not a package of biscuits. It will last if it's sealed

Buy 2 pounds of bleach crystals and activated carbon. Activated carbon is what they use for filters and treating people who are poisoned while bleach crystals can treat stagnant water. Dying from dysentery is not funny.

>life won't be as easy as before
>but it will be easier

Bowen island
45 mins away from vancouver via ferry/boat
Ill drape an SS flag over my door to let anons know they welcome

I'm making steps to make my rural Scottish village self sufficient.

Fuck. I miss my old diesel. Thanks.

No, I have heard of it breaking down and becoming useless for fuel after a while, especially if stored in an ordinary sealed container outside.

>It's petrol not a package of biscuits. It will last if it's sealed

About a year, give or take.
You're not going to be sucking petrol out of a lorry in a decade and using it to run your top shelf Faster and More Furiouser Wopmobile after that.

prepping is awesome as long as you are prepping for natural disasters or possible food shortages. prepping for zombi apocalypses is nigger-tier

>Am I mad for getting into it or is it a wise move in these times
Not mad at all, it's stuff that won't go to waste if you enjoy the outdoors.
Minimalist Camping trips are a great way to sharpen your skills.
Also it's goo to have a spot scouted already, the deeper, the better.

nigger go camping and lay off the internet, I'll give it 3 days and you will have had enough.

You should get a small 125cc motorbike for transport and convert it to run on ethanol, then you can make your own alcohol, distill it, drink it and ride around on your unlimited reneweable fuel powered bike.ll you need is a source of sugar then just cultivate yeast from the air.

The apocalypse will be great.

Look at it this way - if nothing happens (unlikely at this point), at worst you will be a little eccentric.
If something happens then you will be the wisest man around.

Also a primary target for mob violence.

As for me, since I am lazy, i just plan to hunt down preppers for resources.

If there is no internet anymore then you don't really have a choice. If something happens there will be no one to fix communications

>Am I mad for getting into it or is it a wise move in these times
Very sane. There is literally no down side to it.

There ain't nothing as welcoming as a good old SS flag.
Get a hunting licence or a sports shooting one,you say you live in a rural area,just having plenty of tools beans and skills will get you far,,get water treatment and antibiotics if possible.
In my case I ain't a prepper so much as a guy expecting the paneuropean big safari chimp out so I just expect needing mostly guns and ammo,water filters,and night vision gear

What are the must have things for prepping in the UK?

If you don't have a gun you are fucked period. It is very nice of you to collect all of these things for the person with the gun though.

Right now, I'm a college student stuck on a budget, but I've got an okay setup.
>150 pounds of wheat
>5 pounds of activated carbon
>1 pound of bleach crystals
>Several pure samples of vital bacterial species in case I want to produce antibiotics in the future
>homemade homebrewing kit
>Shotgun
>Bidet
>10 space blankets
>Cast iron pot
>Bottle of pure lidocaine and syringes in case I feel like shit

Forgot to mention,mountain bikes are great,before everyone got to ride APC light infantry would ride bycicles and they're great for all this shitty situations,no petrol,no hay or food and increases you're weight carrying capabilities and range

Rare Swedish bantz itt

>pic related

Whats the point in surviving if you have no books? Nothing to carry on knowledge and humanity. Preppers need to think ahead a little bit.

Prepping for a niggrapocalypse?a pan european chimp out. ..it's. ..Like a zombie apocalypse in that they are already braindead...

I have a kindle full of survival books and classic literature, and a hand crank to charge it. A few physical books, too, in case the kindle breaks, but that shit's heavy.

Most of the preppers get too excited and buy heavy, expensive shit that can be used in few scenarios. As long as you keep it reasonable it ok.

So tolerant!

Oh yes and you know it

I am an ebook hoarder, I have tons. I might buy a kindle and just keep it loaded. something to read if there is no electricity and whatnot. and they last like a month on a single charge.

Don't forget to get your shotgun licenses fellow bongs.

Wrong. Shit actually goes off due to additives.

Only you get punished if you defend yourself.

Just remember that having gear and actually being prepared are two different things. You need to actually practice using your equipment. Go camping, practice bushcraft, start a garden, go fishing. Training is what counts.

That's now,I think in a few years when Europe's economy goes to shit and all the old people with good jobs who think inmigrants are great since they don't have to compete for jobs with them,live in all white areas etc etc,when those libtards retire they'll stop giving money to the pension system and they won't be able to get any either since all the money has already been spent for the new europeans,when those new europeans are told they have to work to get things and there is no free shit anymore...i think this will become a race war and law won't be something to worry about

Only a cuck preps

I was into it for a few months, but not so much now. and i was having fun.

>not collecting seeds

Wrong prepping Sven

Wow that's a nice haul, would be a shame if I left it in a fucking retards hands...

>not prepping by getting used to the taste of vagrant and runaway meat and perfecting cooking/ meat drying techniques

you bongs even trying?

I live in central Birmingham. If there's any happening of literally any kind, nuclear war, race war, gubmint collapse, I'm fucking done.
I'll sit in my basement for 2 weeks eating protein powder and olive oil, then starve.

What this guy said. Learn some outdoor survival skills to increase your survival chance greatly.

I was planning a bugout bag before the election in case of a Hillary win. Now I'm putting all that effort into getting as close to off the grid and self sufficient as I can and just being comfy. No rush and no real worries. Just doing it for fun at this point really.

EU economic crash or decline will happen within 10 years, mostly due to our age demographic problem.

Leaf is luring people to cannibalize them

Man iv grown up in rural Scotland, I don't need to learn anything I grew up in it molded by it

nice fag bag

20 seconds to name everything... 20 Dong ding 19 ding dong 18....

Maybe needed for the Britbongs. Trump bought me another 3.5 years at least. To really prepare beyond a bag.

>College Student.
>Homemade home brewing kit.

I have some MRS and a couple rifles handed down from the granddad. Also, a not homemade brewing kit. serves 4

Being prepared for an emergency is never a bad idea. Not enough people are

czech are natural born preppers bro,
>weekends spent by:
>hiking/camping
>fixing country house
>fixing and improving everything they can get their hands on
>growing food in gardens
literally best weekend you can have is to move on friday to country house, spend half a day fixing the house, another half day dismantling your vintage jawa motorbike..in the evening get pissed by beer next to campfire, next morning you move to half a day hike through the woods to pick shrooms and berries, rest of the you take care of your garden and you are very sad about upcoming 5 days at work...
>repat the cycle until you die
>you are czech and proud about it

WD-40? What for?

currently prepping my wife's bull

prepping is pointless

the only time your extra food / supplies are going to make any difference is if we are in a total anarchy mode

and if that is the case then someone is just going to try and steal your shit, having all those supplies just makes you a target

>inb4 - hur dur, just shoot everybody who comes to your property

unless you have a militia under your control you won't be able to protect shit long term, if you do have a militia you can just steal all the other prepper's shit

Diesel is more organic than petrol and goes bad much quicker. You can use year old petrol without much issue, year old diesel will fuck your engine.

post coordinates so we will find you

This. A gun is the most important item. You can literally just take what you need from other people and they cant do shit. Also, people underestimate how quick things go to shit. My town was cut off in a flood and couldnt get food shipments for 3 days and people were literally fighting over milk at the grocery store.

this
no gun no survival
doesent matter what you have
after a while someone else with a gun will have it

If SHTF I'll take a roomful of painkillers and sleeping pills please! Vitamins and some antibiotics thrown in wouldn't be bad either.

If nothing happens, you have a bunch of cool stuff. Win/win nigga.

Prepare for shit that's actually likely, like bushfires, floods, muggings, getting safely away from a riot, your car's tyre blowing out, or old ladies collapsing on the train. Anything else is larper-tier.

Anal lube.

Don't that shovel all ready have wire cutters? A dedicated wire cutters seems like a bitch to carry on top of all that.

Being prepared is always wise

Those are for stealing bicycles I presume.

>Those are for stealing bicycles I presume.
If the bike lock can be cut with that its probably a shit bike. Get a hacksaw and some spare blades, those and light and you should be able to get into almost anything if you got the time.

And the blades are pretty springy and got some utility when making traps, filet knives etc.

>Implying people need to know what you have
Only idiots brag that they are preppers.
Also if something like the Carrington Event ever happens again then there wil be gurantied anarchy

Is that a cry for help user?

>no guns

haha