SIR

Why do americans keep insisting on using the term sir when talk to eachother? It's a title that is given by a royal individual and should not be used when talking to common people. This triggers me something immensely.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_honor_(Southern_United_States)
youtube.com/watch?v=6BFZPIUYyr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we waz kangz an sheeit

It depends how you were raised. It would be regarded as unusual near the north east coast where I grew up.

One of my sister's high school boyfriends used "sir" and "ma'am" when addressing elders in my family and they were tickled pink by his show of politeness. It is generally regarded as a clearly respectful thing to do even where it's not common.

It honors another man, but you dumb Scandi cucks wouldn't understand honor because you don't have any. Usually guys in the south do it because most soldiers have historically been white southern men, it reflects our militaristic honor based culture.

Because that monarchy royalty shit dont fly here in the land of the free

Is that how people from the South view themselves? Most people outside the South just think you're dumb inbred racist hicks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_honor_(Southern_United_States)

It's a Southern tradition that was deeply embedded in the plantation culture but endured the end of the Civil War.

Antebellum South was literally an Agrarian Aristocracy until cunts like Sherman showed up and burnt it all

You sir, are a faggot.

kys

Not necessarily everyone views it that way but that is the origin of southern hospitality. Every free white man who you have no reason to suspect of moral defect deserves honor and respect. Also as Heinlein said an armed society is a polite society, and historically in the south being rude was a good way to get a cap in your ass.

Also why do you think everyone looks down on the south? Could it have something to do with the (((media))) you think?

We are going on 3 or 4 decades of the "backwards southerner" meme being pushed into every form of media coming from (((hollywood))).

I find that the accent and propensity for speaking slowly tend to be things that Northerners will key in on as signs of being backward or less intelligent or whatever. It can be kind of embarrassing, like a cousin of mine married a girl from Georgia and she found that she'd get better treatment sometimes after learning to drop the accent.

>tickled pink
The only pink he was tickling was ur sisters

You really think they would do something like that? You really think a couple serious enough to be meeting the family would have been engaging in conjugal relations?

Herve Ryssen's documentary Satan in Hollywood shows this in an excellent manner. He is from a French Catholic background but all the information still applies to a Southern Protestant as well.

Yeah I don't have a really thick accent but it's kind of like when a couple of black guys get together with no white people judging them, the ebonics starts to come out. If you have a couple of guys from the south get together the accent will start to come out stronger and stronger.

Sir is short for serpent.
Only royals and other reptilians are Sir.

You are a fool.
Federal republics do not deserve to use aristocratic titles and honourifics.

Fuck off Brit cuck. We are going to keep doing it anyway and you people are going to keep being cucks and letting terrorists kill your children.

Sounds like you are the fool.

>cuck cuck cuck cuck
Expand your vocabulary. Otherwise one has to wonder whether you might have some negroid blood in you.
Oh wait, flag. Of course you do, my mistake.
As a side note, arab darkies have killed more Americans than Brits this century.

You are a pussy.

Hahaha u = vagina

That'll show him...

Sir, you are rude

>respect triggers sweden

who would've thought?

>As a side note, arab darkies have killed more Americans than Brits this century.

And that'll change within 3 years.

Enjoy your mayor that knowingly imports enemy combatants.

I predict we're not going to be in all that much of a position to do the laughing. Don't forget to find out where your local Eid celebration is to see whether or not you need to recailbrate your idea of your local immigration situation.

I live in Hawaii, asians won't let the muslims come here.

Ah, lucky you. If they do it in the same place this year, which is on my way to work, I'm going to figure out how to use the camera thing in my phone and report on whether and how the number and nature of the participants has changed since last year.

I was taken aback at how many of them there were and how unintegrated they acted, but the mood was pretty friendly at least.

>I was taken aback at how many of them there were and how unintegrated they acted

I think that's what bugs everyone about them. The lack of assimilation.

it's short for sorry.

here in canada we just say sorry when starting a conversation rather than sir.

sir, can you pass me that?
sorry, can you pass me that?

sir, i think you dropped this.
sorry, i think you dropped this.

sir can you tell me the time?
sorry, can you tell me the time?

and so on.

That's because you're a subhuman. It used to be a common term of address, but "people" like you need "equality" so you shit on our traditions to feel good.

You don't call people sir?

Are you unemployed?

One of the things that stuck out to me was the bone structure. I've done very a small amount of travelling in the ME, and right away it brought back memories. I don't know where these people are day to day, but I would recognize them if they were in and around where I'm in and around.

Sorry to hear that Sir.

>be American
>go to diner
>burger music in the background
>people eating food
>spontaneously getting heart attacks from their double double down with bacon and butter with sprinkles® burgers
>landwhale waddles over to take my order
>order food
>forgets to end her sentence with sir
>shoot waiter
>tip waiter
>crowd cheers
>police come
>ask me why I shot Keiko
>tell them
>they start applauding
>end conversation and thank them for their help
>forgot to say 'sir'
>get shot
>burger music plays

>Swede gets buttblasted about nothing

would you call a black man sir? im wondering as a black man

Read Faulkner, you heathen

Literally about to eat Mac N Cheetos with a Whopper and fries from McDonalds.

Southerners are the most red pilled in The USA. Also they tend to actually produce real men instead of Nu-males like the rest of the US.

>Most people outside the South just think you're dumb inbred racist hicks.
most of those people have never been to the southern states

I call elder men sir because I'm not a little bitch
Yes

They hate us, yet they keep moving here. Weird, innit?

I'm glad they think that. Keeps the prices livable and the gutter trash isolated in California and New York.

The point is it doesn't mean the same thing in the States that is does in the UK.

Better cost of living, better weather....checks out m8

I'm not sure of it's exact origins, but in the south it's generally considered polite to address others as "sir" or "ma'am".

>triggers me something immensely
sot of like me when a swede calls a white man any thing other than "master"

It's just not sustainable.
A hundred people a day move to Nashville.
Prices are already rising. There's gonna be a crash for sure.

we use sir because even the lowliest american merits it when compared to men from other parts of the world. it's why we are the most powerful nation in the history of mankind. we are all kings and sirs relative to spineless faggots like yourself. in a very short time, you'll be calling abdul and jamal, sir. better start practicing.

I do hate that I can't go anywhere outside the south and be judged as a fool or retard by yanks because of my accent. I'm also from Georgia too so I sympathise with her. Granted, I haven't lost my accent as it as apart of my cultural history and I see it as a way of removing myself from that history if I get rid of the accent.

>tfw its socially acceptable to call both the Prime Minister and the bin man "mate" in this country

Feels good

Useless thread
Reported and Saged
You must worry more about the state of your country you shit for brains

I called a black man "sir" in a non "sir" part of the country just the other day. To me, casual use is no different from saying "please" or "thank you" or "hello" in the course of daily interactions.

I personally don't give a fuck what yankees and left coasters think of me. Let them wallow in their ignorance. That's to my advantage.

My Aussie friends generally call the PM of Straya a "cunt".

Agreed. As soon as those yanks and others hear me talk, they're able to see my intelligence. It just pisses me off that their first thought is
>HURR COUSIN FUCKER DURR

He is a cunt. But calling someone mate doesn't mean you actually consider them a mate lol

But we don't say "Hello Sir John" we say "Hello Sir" the Sir is not only American either. It's a respectful way to say hello to a common fellow.

Are you Europeans really so estranged from polite life due to the revolutionaries?

>Most people outside the South just think you're dumb inbred racist hicks
>being educated by hollywood
Wew lad

I call black men "sir" all the time just in casual interactions out in public. It's what's polite. But then I'm in the South.

>Burgers
>Polite

Only if they deserve it like any man.

kek that just reminded me one time I was on line at an airport waiting to board behind my mom and I forget what it was that prompted her to whisper one of those rare casually very bigoted comments about southerners being slow. So I pretended to not hear exactly what she said to troll her until she had to raise her voice and say it so that everybody on line could hear.

My dad had hard time not laughing.

Say "Yes, sir" "No, Sir", when talking to police, and you're guaranteed not to get shot by police. I wish more people would understand this. It's a respect issue.

Shit, I moved from East TX to a different part of Texas and people were asking me where I was from.

I get this working in IT all the time. They assume I'm some podunk retard until they realize I'm really good at my job and then they find it charming. It's just a normal part of life to overcome that initial hurdle when meeting somebody new.

Are people not taught to do that anymore? I'm not in to boot licking, but I thought that was generally understood to be part of not being a nigger.

Kind of like if you go to court, you call the judge or magistrate "your honor" whether or not you think that's accurate.

lol if you swear fealty to royalty like a 3rd century ultra cuck

Don't judge us all by the stuck up cunts N of the Mason-Dixon and in California. We're still boisterous but Southerners are, by and large, not rude.

Kek, I love how Yankees can be so fucking retarded. Glad you showed the bitch up, user!

Damn, is Texas really that different in terms of accent? Shit, I could move from North Georgia to South Georgia, and people would use be wondering which part of N. Georgia I'm from. Now that I think about it, depending on which part of east Texas you came from, I can the accent being somewhat different.

Same for me too user. They expect some tiny IT cuck then they see me and get all befuddled. Once people get to know me though, their initial premonition goes away, and women, in my experience, find it charming on some level.

I'm not sure what they're taught anymore. I just see videos of black people chimping out around cops. Almost asking to get shot or at least get their ass kicked. It's like they don't even value their own lives.

East TX drawl is "plantation southern", mostly. It's particularly thick where I grew up.

youtube.com/watch?v=6BFZPIUYyr0

It's typically a regional thing, as well as being tonal. In the Midwest, if some says sir with a pronunciation of "ser" it's typically to a superior or someone they're showing submission to though it's not required.
If it's pronounced "surr", it's typically someone they're required to call sir for whatever reason, but that person is a dick.
If it's pronounced "suhr" it's typically a friend of relative they're not required to call sir, but they're saying it to show they respect them, as well as kind of making a joke about that person being important enough to call sir.