Can someone give me a quick rundown...

Can someone give me a quick rundown? I've heard people say Trump's chances of impeachment are slimmer than ever now and that he wasn't under investigation after all, but I've also heard Comey say that there's undeniable proof of Russian collusion. Which is it?

trump = vindicated

>Comey leaked his own memos to a friend at Columbia Univ
>Comey lied under oath about the timing and why he leaked those notes.
>Loretta Lynch told Comey to publicly call the Clinton e-mail investigation a "matter" not an investigation
>No evidence of obstruction by Trump

The testimony made Trump look pretty bad.
Not (necessarily) obstruction of justice bad, but pretty bad all the same.
I don't remember Comey talking directly about collusion. If he did, that would be a story by itself.

there is not undeniable proof of collusion. there is an abundance of evidence that russia attempted to interfere with the election, but explicitly no evidence of collusion with the Trump campaign.

our government eats thousands of cyber attacks from around the globe every day. we go after them, too. china, russia, france, you name it. i'm sure russia wasn't alone in cyber attacks directed toward our systems during election season. no votes were affected by any of these attempts.

how? because he doesn't speak the secret, defensive and scared language of washington and follow gay ass protocols? trump wants to go through with his agenda, and hampering this daily was a "cloud" over him brought on by this baseless, money-sink investigation and the media circus following it.

so he directly spoke to comey and expressed his hope that he can drop the thing. flynn was fired, was a good guy, and it's time to move on, HOPEFULLY. the testimony made him look GREAT, legally, and only bad in terms of character if you hold it against him that he's not a weirdo washington stiff, but is in fact a new york businessman.

comnie is a soopit cia nigger

It was clear obstruction by Trump, the thing is, how can you go after obstruction by Trump when everyone knows, including Comey, that the Russia investigation is absolute bullshit and propaganda against the Trump administration. Comey is doing just enough to embarrass both parties. That's why he got fired, not because Trump was afraid of the outcome of the investigation, but because he's frustrated that Comey doesn't put his foot down and simply call BS on the whole thing.

Trump is dumb though, the next prosecutor will do the exact same thing, it's his job to flip every rock, even if he knows, or feels it's all political vomit.

>how?
Request for "loyalty".
Request to drop investigation into Flynn.
If it's not adding up for you, sorry.

>that the Russia investigation is absolute bullshit

what

>Comey leaked his own memos to a friend at Columbia Univ
Except it wasn't a leak, the information was unclassified.
>Comey lied under oath about the timing and why he leaked those notes.
No idea what you're talking about here, help me out.
>Loretta Lynch told Comey to publicly call the Clinton e-mail investigation a "matter" not an investigation
Changing "Investigation" to "matter" is certainly shady, but it isn't an obstruction of justice. The matter is also unrelated to the case at hand.
>No evidence of obstruction by Trump
"I took it as a directive." -James Comey

>Request to drop investigation into Flynn.
what investigation?

it's not adding up because you personally don't think so. asking for "loyalty" is a-ok legally, and is a-ok in my book. it may look bad to you, but it doesn't to me, and certainly doesn't to the eyes of the law.

>"I took it as a directive"

this is not obstruction of justice. comey is just a pussy. if he actually felt like it was, he broke the law by not reporting it asap, must be disbarred, and must be prosecuted. he didn't. it doesn't matter how he "took" another man's hopes, especially when he didn't behave like he is legally required to if he "took it" as obstruction.
if people don't change after this, nothing will change them. there will just never be anything our president says or does that will be acceptable to them. this russian collusion thing is done now. it's over. find something else now because this is dead and buried.

>but it doesn't to me
What matters to you is irrelevant, frankly.
You aren't part of the investigative committee. The seriousness with which they took the issue of a "loyalty" request only accentuates the gravity of the statement.
The one Trump asked Comey to stop.

he said interference, not collusion with the trump campaign

and the standards for "hacking the election" have been lowered to publishing articles on RT by this point, so

how the fuck can you just copy those five words from what i said to you? what the fuck is the matter with you?

Comey was repeatedly pressured by Tchump to clear him of the Russia investigation and give Flynn a pass. Tchump asked Comey for a loyalty pledge like a 2-bit dictator. Tchump fired Comey when Comey didn't comply with Tchump's requests wrt to Russia investigation. Tchump's behavior also clearly shows he knew what he was doing was, at a minimum, highly unethical and possibly illegal. He went to pains to have one-on-one conversations. He threatened Comey with "tapes" in an impotent attempt to silence him. And let's remember how he went on about Bill Clinton meeting Lynch on the tarmac... They only had a nice polite conversation about the grandkids and Tchump still claimed that was all kinds of wrong. So, there's no question he knew he himself was way over the line in his conversations with Comey.

>f off shareblue

Left wing propaganda seeping into the American democracy

lol Dem faggots got BTFO so hard today.

>this is not obstruction of justice.
Comey stopped only short of saying as much as it wasn't his place to make such assessments - Mueller's going to decide that.
Still, I'm going to take a swing at this and give my 2 cents.
I'm not too familiar with US law, but i recon this of the 6 US federal obstruction laws is appropriate in this case:

>18 U.S. Code § 1512:
(b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to—
(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(3) hinder, delay, or prevent the communication to a law enforcement officer or judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense or a violation of conditions of probation.

>possible B1 violations
Firing of Comey (intimidation), threatening Comey about "better hope there are no tapes" (threatens), Demanding absolute loyalty (corrupt persuasion) (Both: influence, delay, or prevent testimony), asking the NSA director if they could shut down the FBI investigation (Corruptly persuades). All these require "attempts".
>possible B3 violations
"I hope you can see your way to letting this go" (prevent the communication to a judge of information relating to the commission of a federal offense),
Misleading conduct: Inviting Comey to a dinner on false pretenses.

I just want to know exactly what they're accusing Russia of doing. Only thing I can think of is making "fake news" which shouldn't that be up to the people broadcasting said news to the public?

Either way I think it's just a big boogeyman scheme and they just can't admit they got played by trolls.

Because your view is actually unimportant.
I could attempt to explain why your perspective doesn't correlate with reality, but it's not necessary, nor do I think you'd be open to it.

The Committee (ie, the people who matter here, rather than you or I) has already heard the shocking information. It by itself won't lead to impeachment. But nobody was defending it as acceptable.

not to mention all the shady oil deals and backchannels with the russians that started this whole mess to begin with

Yea, you're right Trump is completely innocent. I often times ask to clear a room so that i can have a private conversation with someone in which i "hope" the weather will be nicer tomorrow. Hopes are really such a private matter.