Comey's Testimony

I was working all day and missed out on the fun.

How did it go, Sup Forums? Can I get a quick rundown so that I can join in on the shitposting too?

Other urls found in this thread:

whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/24/press-gaggle-press-secretary-sean-spicer-2242017
archive.is/1IXWO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A big nothing

Drama queen went out and revealed Trump dindu nuffin and that he leaked information to the press. It's a symptom of a dying republic.

Both sides are asshurt because nothing happened, yet it's being hyped up by both sides as a victory

Bumping for a quick rundown. This was a very busy week for me unfortunately.
Please elaborate

comey leaked a memo to the press and might go down. Nothing on Trump.
Liberals increasingly desperate.

Comey said Trump didn't pressure him to drop the case
Comey said that Russians DEFINITELY hacked the election. His proof was "the intelligence community thinks so"
Comey also snitched on Lorreta Lynch

come on man

>trump not under investigation - russian attempts to mess with the election did not alter votes and did not bring trump or his transition team under investigation
>bill's meeting with lynch on the tarmac caused comey a lot of concern as she requested he not use the word "investigation", substituting the word "matter" to suit the campaign
>trump asked for loyalty from his fbi director. expressed a "hope" that the flynn matter could be set aside so he could continue to pursue his agenda without the "cloud" hanging over him, fed by this baseless witch hunt
>comey leaked his own memos, through a colombia university professor and personal friend, to the media. these were unclassified.

and john mccain no longer knows what planet he's on. that's about it.

libs lost all credibility on russia will begin pushing 'obstruction of justice' meme next

What we learned from Comey's testimony today
>Trump was never under investigation.
>Trump did not obstruct justice.
>Trump did not collude with Russia.
>Russia did not alter the election outcome.
>Comey leaked his own memo.
>Loretta Lynch pressured Comey to cover for Hillary Clinton.
>There was ample evidence to put Hillary in jail but Comey chose not to pursue it.
>CNN and other fake news outlets have been lying / making things up this entire time.
>The Democratic Party no longer has the ability to scream "RUSSIA" every time Trump tries to do something.
>The Russia story is dead - any democrat who continue to push it will look foolish and insane to the people of the world.

He gave some information that each side wanted, but not all they wanted because, surprise, the truth doesn't bend to politics.

heh, i guess you could say it went... impeachingly

comey is dropping bombs in the private meeting, telling all. trumps done.

just give up and vote hillary while you still can, get on the right side of history, dont let his finger near the button.

>just give up and vote hillary while you still can
lol, election is over leaf, if Trump is somehow miraculously to be impeached and removed from office, Pence would be president. If Pence was found guilty, and removed from office then Paul Ryan would be president. Fuck off.

Comey confirmed Trump isn't under investigation. It won't stop the left from harping on this.

>Comey confirmed Trump [wasn't] under investigation [for collusion] when he was fired. His firing has now placed him under investigation for obstruction.

FTFY. Comey's testimony:

COTTON: Do you think Donald Trump colluded with Russia?

COMEY: That's a question I don't think I should answer in an opening setting.

>>The Russia story is dead - any democrat who continue to push it will look foolish and insane to the people of the world.

Absolute horseshit, Vlad. The actual testimony went as follows.

>Yes, sir. There should be no fuzz on this whatsoever. The Russians interfered in our election during the 2016 cycle. They did with purpose. They did it with sophistication. They did it with overwhelming technical efforts. It was an active measures campaign driven from the top of that government. There is no fuzz on that. It is a high confidence judgment of the entire intelligence community and the members of this committee have seen the intelligence. It's not a close call. That happened. That's about as unfake as you can possibly get. It is very, very serious, which is why it's so refreshing to see a bipartisan focus on that. This is about America, not about a particular party.

He told them that he confirmed to Trump that he was not the subject of an investigation.

Operative word being "was not."

Yes after 11 months of nothing. Let's keep this going ad infinitum.

Right before the session McCain found out he'd better switch to team Trump and ended up babbling like an idiot.

>11 months of nothing

>Flynn BTFO (lied, fired, and investigated. Trump's pick for National Security adviser is a treasonous whackjob working for both Russia and Turkey).
>Sessions BTFO (lied under oath and forced to recuse himself.,
>Kushner BTFO (lied, tried to set up back door channel and now a person of interest in investigation).
>Manafort BTFO (forced to resign and register as agent of foreign govt., )

Not to mention Stone, Carter Page, etc. etc. That's a whole lot of nothing, Sergei.

vlad btfo

fuck off kike

heard nothing at the office
considering it's packed with libs that comment on absolutely everything trump
I assume a big bucket of fucking nothing

>FBI said Flynn's convo was nothing illegal, he was let go for misleading Pence.
>Meetings as a senator.
>Kushner attempted to set up a back channel after the election. Couldn't trust there would be no leaks. Attempt was subsequently leaked
>Manafort my God, he worked with some Russians. Stop the presses.
>Stone, Page. Who gives a fuck.
>Trump, not the subject of an investigation into collusion.

Main takeaway. Trump called Comey into the oval office told everyone to leave. Had 1 on 1 with Comey and said, (approx.), "I hope you can let this go." In reference to Flynn.

I don't know where this is going to go, but it kinda wreaks of Trump committing a no-no.

Imagine if your boss called you into his office and said, "I hope you can _______."

only comment I heard is how badly Lynch was thrown under the bus

Piss-poor effort, Boris. I'm a blue-eyed, blond-haired Anglo Saxon with one paternal line that emigrated to the States in the late 1600s and another in the 1760s. And, unlike you, I fucking hate traitors.

Let this sink in:
Comey head of FBI
Comey is a leaker

Of all of the leaks, why none that show collusion? Comey testified in May that he'd never been pressured to intervene in an investigation but today said Lynch did just that.

>I'm totally one of you guys
ShareBlue still operating I see

He said purposely that the memos HE WROTE ("Trump Memos") were leaked because he felt that Trump may try to lie about their interactions. He also said that he wrote them containing absolutely NO CLASSIFIED INFO. So, really, he didn't "leak" anything, rather publicized it.

Besides having to listen to a disgruntled employee whine for two hours, we found out -

Loretta Lynch directly tried to influence Comey with respect to the Clinton investigation.

Comey answered questions relating to media reporting, characterizing several articles as mostly or nearly entirely false.

Comey admitted he only once was asked about the Flynn investigation, and that only the day after Flynn's firing.

Comey related that Trump was privately supportive of the investigation into Russia's fake news and DNC hacking campaigns.

Comey never thought Trump did anything bad enough to consider resigning.

Not only is the Trump-Russia delusion totally in the trash now, but there's new questions about Obama / Lynch / Clinton campaign collusion.

On top of all that, there is talk of Comey lying under oath as he said he leaked his memos to the press because of Trump's "Better hope there are no recordings" tweet, despite the leak coming out the day before Trump even tweeted that.

>How did it go, Sup Forums?
Very bad for the Democrats and very bad for the MSM.

sure thing shlomo

I call bullshit on Russia tampering with the election. We already know that the CIA has the ability to frame an attack on another entity. Even the whole "muh forensics" argument is in question.

perjury
illegal leaks
trump did nothing wrong

democrat's main points

-trump asking the chief of the FBI to be loyal to the president
-trump tryied to impeach flynn investigation by saying "flynn a good boi, he dindu nuffins"
-trump is a man

How dare his boss demand loyalty?

RIDF BTFO

most wired shit i ever seen.

Comey talking shit about Lorreta.
Memos are real and he told someone that they exist then that person leaked part of that content to the press so no one can say he was the leaker.
Someone escaped from a senile home and started to ask Comey questions.
Trump scares people to death in the oval office and calls you later to say hi.
Trump likes to have prolonged eye contact with people.
Trump knows to play the intent meme and spoke with Comey in a ¨hopefull¨ maner
17 agree that russia posts on Sup Forums

Comey also stated in May that he had never been pressured to obstruct justice yet, he admitted Lynch told him to tell the American people that the Clinton server investigation was nothing more that a "matter".

Comey left room for the Dems to keep on keeping on. They won't learn a thing.

I can't wait for Lynch's trial.

Comey totally destroyed the Russia narrative today.
The media will never admit to it, but that is what he did.

Entire US intelligence community vs. one Sup Forums Sup Forumslack calling bullshit. Yeah, I think I'll stick with the professional spooks on this.

>Disgruntled employee, whining

Christ, you Ruskies are working the spin wheel hard today.

This is what (R) Senator Risch had to say about Comey's statement/testimony during the hearing.

> Thank you very much. Mr. Comey, thank you for your service. America needs more like you and we really appreciate it. Yesterday, I got and everybody got the seven pages of your direct testimony that is now a part of the record here. And the first — I read it, and then I read it again, and all I could think was number one, how much hated the class of legal writing when I was in law school, and you are the guy that probably got the A after reading this. I find it clear. I find it concise, and having been a prosecutor for a number of years and handling hundreds, maybe thousands of cases and read police reports, investigative reports, this is as good as it gets, and I really appreciate that. Not only the conciseness and the clearness of it, but also the fact that you have things that were written down contemporaneously when they happened, and you actually put them in quotes so we know exactly what happened and we're not getting some rendition of it that's in your mind.

About this so called "obstruction of justice". Just saw an expert say that the President of the United States can stop any investigation at any time on whatever he wants. It is in his powers and totally legal. How do you think Obama and Bush kept so many of their buddies from prosecution. Oh, and Comey said that it was a LIE that the rank and file had lost faith in his leadership? What an ego-the WH got hundreds of reports and requests to get rid of him from the HONEST rank and file. They wanted Andrew McCabe gone too and a few others because they are corrupt.

Fake news. See

>Russia hacked the election
>They had no impact on the election
>They didn't work with any political party
>The ambassador has no connection to the cyber attacks
In short; Russia uses the internet and trolls.

>Yeah, I think I'll stick with the professional spooks on this.

You mean the same spooks that have been falseflagging Russia hacks?

Why did Comey leak a memo to get a Special Prosecutor? Think about it. Now ALL the Seth Rich evidence has to go to his friend, former mentor, fellow corrupt former FBI Director who covered for the criminal cabal. Comey was FIRED because he was caught threatening Kim DotCom in New Zealand to lie and say he got the emails for Wikileaks from the Russians-not the truth-Seth Rich. The fact Comey still is spouting the Russia collusion line knowing the FBI has access to Seth's computer and he interviewed Kim DotCom means he is lying through his teeth-blackmailed and corrupt.

>Someone escaped from a senile home and started to ask Comey questions.

Who was that crazy old man?
He spoke non sense.
He was talking bout Russians and then he mention a "she", she she and the ruskies,
Wait. What? Old age is not a joke.

> COMEY: That's a question I don't think I should answer in an opening setting.
Oh my Sweet Summer child.

RARE

>Comey was FIRED because he was caught threatening Kim DotCom
You delusional larpers really make me chuckle. Keep at it m8 :^)

The same spooks that said hacking the election was impossible?

>I don't know where this is going to go, but it kinda wreaks of Trump committing a no-no.

congratulations on your lack of worth you fucking retard

Faroe Islands, good day to you. I'm not sure if you knew this, but the FBI is an independent investigative agency. nobody at the FBI is beholden to the president. he isn't the boss of their director especially

but, Trump has been exonerated today. huzzah

Man the left is gonna be doing this type of shit throughout Trump's administration to try to keep him from getting anything done.

I don't know what world you live in but at my real job my boss isn't nice enough to just hope I will do something. It's either I do it or I eat out of dumpsters.

Lel so the new conspiracy is he is now under investigation after Comey was fired. The FBI could put out daily updates saying Trump is still not under investigation and the left would twist it somehow to think he is.

>ever believing the organizations who wrote the book on deception.

It doesn't matter to me who you believe, I just think having a bit more skepticism of the alphabet agencies. How many times to they need to lie to you before you begin to stop taking their bullshit at face value. We've been fighting wars all over the world leaving fire and debt, and you still think these people are the good guys, because you're told they are. It blows my mind.

Don't forget about how he through Loretta Lynch under the bus for trying to have the FBI downplay Hillary's emails by not calling it an "investigation" but a "matter".

excellent summary

underappreciated

You're fucking retarded, go die with the rest of your left wing, you tard

Basically nothing, but the media is spinning it to fit their narrative as usual

>He said purposely that the memos HE WROTE ("Trump Memos") were leaked because he felt that Trump may try to lie about their interactions. He also said that he wrote them containing absolutely NO CLASSIFIED INFO. So, really, he didn't "leak" anything, rather publicized it.
Technically they weren't Comeys memos to leak. Any notes written whether classified or not on government time belong to the government. He was meeting with the President. I can assure you it was on government time. You also have to look at the law about leaking unclassified government documents relating to national defense. These memos are tied to the investigation into Russia intervening in our election and that is national defense.

A guy who seems to have loved his job was fired because he was purposely refusing to let it be publicly known that the president was not under any investigation. Why he would keep that information from the public but leak only damaging information is unknown to anyone but him.

And Russia without a doubt did try to hack the elections, but he made it clear that they failed. Adversarial nations trying to take advantage of each other in any way possible is not really news though.

Average

this. Drumpfsters and Sergeis all along Siberia BTFO

thanks bro. i had a few more points but wanted to condense it and de-politicize it and wanted to give OP the straight dope. re-reading it now and i think that's the best i can do

How is this not a victory for trump?
im not saying you should jump up and down for him or anything, but this just vanquished every mediafag that wants to utter the words Russia.
Sure, they'll move on the the next bullshit accusation, but "Russia" is officially squashed.

Every government sets up backchannels

Comey and FBI leadership wanted to blackmail Trump into submission. The FBI uses the threat of leaks to get what it wants.

>left wing
so, you're prepared to let a foreign power meddle with your own countries political system and you're willing to believe their word above your own countrymen?

You're a traitor and will be dealt with according to that role when the times is right.

pretty far away from vanquished, traitor

>Foreigner
>Saying not to listen to foreigners

You got it Arggie!

>your neighbor worships the devil

I don't believe my neighbor worships the devil

>OMG, you must be in cahoots with the devil, too!!!

See? You're retarded.

Interesting white house gaggle transcript

whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/24/press-gaggle-press-secretary-sean-spicer-2242017
archive.is/1IXWO
2/24/2017

>MR. SPICER: I just want to be clear. I really am intrigued by I don't know what else we were supposed to do. We were provided information. And this notion that I see on CNN about we pushed back or we applied pressure. Pressure, by definition, is applying force. So if we had said, "If you don't do this, if you don't do that," that's pressure. And I get that. That would have been wrong. "We order you to do this. We require you to do that. We're urging" -- we literally responded when presented with information and said, "Could you let the media know that, what you're informing us of?"

>And the answer was, well, we don't want to get in the middle of starting a practice of doing this. So our answer is, well, why did you come to us with this information if not to elicit a response?

>I don't know what else you do except for say, gosh, could you clear the record up? That is a very different scenario than trying to exert influence on a situation. We literally responded to what they came to us with and said, okay, what are you going to do about it?

We need Pizzagate and Seth teir autism goddamnit, the dots are there, they just need to be connected. The FBI tried to force the White House to submit to them.

>He said purposely that the memos HE WROTE
Shit guys, I guess anything you write is real, no wonder the left is all about hairy pooper.

don't try so hard, it's a dead giveaway. remember you're dealing with autists here, you're outclassed so you have to be clever.

>meddle with
By... what? Supporting the spread of memes for one particular candidate? They didn't hijack the election, didn't manipulate results or stuff ballots. The russians are guilty of less voter fraud on average than the Democratic Party, which routinely manages to get votes from dead people.

Great argument friend! I propose that you are the "fucking retard!" HA, I win.

Trump will never get impeached. This is all a giant waste of time you faggot liberal cucks.

I was with you till
>These memos are tied to the investigation into Russia

The memos were directly in reference to the conversation Trump was having with Comey about, "Flynn's possible involvement w/ Russia." If all that was in the memos were details about the conversation, outside of them belonging to the government, I don't see what they issue would have been. I believe Comey has high enough authority to "release" information.

This is just the opening salvo,Leaf. We are going to wage endless war on Trump

You apparently must not have ever had a job.

I can tell this place has went to shit, there has only been 1 "decent" reply to my posts.

>voter fraud
It's funny how they say the Russians tried to "hack" our elections.

What the fuck does that even mean? That's a pretty general fucking term when your talking about things outside of computing, and still in computing it's pretty general.

The "matter" ha ha sound like Ted Kennedy referring to his abandonment and drowning of a 21 year old female campaign worker at night in his car on an isolated part of Chappaquidick while his wife was home pregnant as "the incident".

Where did Don's charming rhetoric go ?

I miss him ^~^

Well, you're boss isn't under the pressure of legalese, talking to someone who is also extremely powerful... I guess.

Could you see how that would work though.

Am I the only person here with an ounce of long term memory?

Do you fucking retards not remember when Obama and the DHS were getting together BEFORE the election to secure it against "Russian hackers"? That was their narrative before Trump was even in office. They saw that it was likely they might lose so they needed to tarnish the Republican's victory with "muh Russian collusion".

So if Obama knew they were going to rig the election and the DHS was given authority to protect our systems - then why did it happen????

This reminds me a few weeks ago on Sup Forums, some retard was trying to meme "OMG BREAKING NEWS OBAMA ORDERED SPYING ON US CITIZENS, HE COMMITTED A HUGE CRIME" - like you fucking idiots don't remember when he came out on public television and told everyone to their face the NSA was spying on us and if we didn't like it, then too bad? It's like you all have the attention span of a fucking goldfish, jesus kill yourselves.

>Can I get a quick rundown
Comey didn't like his boss (the President). Dumb ass Jimbo got fired.

And who will Trump's next supreme court pick? Sarah Palin? Roe v.Wade going down? Gay marriage a felony?

Yes.

>Vlad

I have to admire the mental dexterity it requires to go from "The 80s want their foreign policy back" in 2012 to "Commies Everywhere!" in 2016.

anybody got a transcript of this shit? i got about 3 hours to burn

I have a long term memory.

>Gay marriage a felony?

Settle down Bruce; Trump is the first president to declare he doesn't give a shit about shit-dicks.