Why do Ameritards reverse their political party colours?

>in every other anglo country (and france), conservatives use blue and leftists use red as colours
>in america it's reversed
Justify your retardation shart-in-marts.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1efzl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Democrats used to be right wing, canacuck

Not an argument

Tfw the map was nearly almost all red in 2015

I voted for Jack Layton in that election.

good times... wish i was young again

everyone was right wing by today standards though.

It is tho. The modern Republicans stem from the Federalist party.

WAKE ME UP

idk why we have it like that
I always thought it should be reversed
i mean, blue is a more patriotic color to wave here than red, and the republican party is "patriotic" while the left is full of commies.
i don't care if we keep the colors the same or switch them but whats your point other than the obvious "americans are retarded"?
It's 10:08, I've got little caesars on my desk, a large pepsi and mountain dew, (not even fat btw, 160 pounds), I'm browsing threads on /x/, a blanket on my legs, comfy af, can you say the same?

Why do the territories vote lib, is it the natives?

>Toronto
Truly the worst large city in North America.

At least Calgary is still based

We also use the words "liberal" and "conservative" backwards, so I think it balances out.

We never had a concrete standard until Reagan's reelection. One station even used Gold for one party. For the most part though, blue was always Republicans and red was Democrats.
That all switched here in the 80's. Why? I'm not completely sure why (((they))) chose to do so. America hated Commies, and maybe Democrats were trying to distance themselves from the red of USSR that they were being associated with.
Democrats had controlled Congress for decades, and maybe switching to blue was an attempt to keep hold of power a little longer. Didn't lose the house until '96, so I think 40 years of control.
My old brain fails me now though young one.

We are the most important and relevant nation on the planet. Canada is like America's pet house cat.

You're the ones doing it wrong.

Fuck off.

Because blue is a faggot color

Yeah it's the Natives/Inuit. Funny because they'd probaby be better off under NDP (our far left party), the liberals only use them for virtue signalling. It doesn't matter though because there's only 3 MPs there

Calgary northeast went red, that also happens to be filled with minoritys hmmm

I was wrong. Search brings back many results, but went with Farah.

archive.is/1efzl

First time I heard it used was in the George Bush election when the whole election came down to Florida. Tim Russert was explaining the different ways things could go and as far as I can tell they randomly assigned the colors.

For some reason unknown to me, this became a thing. Like, people thought it was funny for reasons that escape me. But it stuck. I thought it was completely reversed as well, but what can we do about that now?

Democrats have had blue balls for so long that the color stuck with them. Though I think it has to deal with an old american saying of calling them blue belly cowards.

After the 2000 election, when there was a lot of controversy over the election proceedings, new channels would show maps with states colored in by party. Before this, there was no standard; sometimes it would be blue for dems and red for gop, sometimes vice versa, and sometimes they'd use other colors. But in 2000, since everyone was watching, the colors became standardized to avoid confusing viewers. I have no idea why they picked that pattern, though.

This is true but not the reason

The northeast has lots of poor white people strung out on crack/heroin

The rest of the city is white and rich.

The Democrats are the oldest political party in the world. Their official color is blue. The Republicans are also extremely old. Their official color is red. Both of them have used the same colors for at least a century and a half. TV channels were just really late to standardize them.

take the left half out of second tier classics and remove most of the bottom half of "other favorites"
nice taste btw

Because everything we do we do to tell the rest of the world to fuck off. See: driving on the right side of the road, going to the moon, using the imperial measurement system, turning most of Europe in to satrapies, and our defense budget.