NASA had a record pool of 18,000 applicants to be an astronaut. These 12 made it

Pick related. I'm sure there was no diversity quota required when selecting candidates.

usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/06/08/nasa-had-record-pool-18-000-applicants-these-12-astronaut-candidates-made-it/379989001/

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jessica-watkins/
unz.com/akarlin/the-puzzle-of-indian-iq-a-country-of-gypsies-and-jews/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do white people circumcise their upper lip at birth, too?

the niggress will die first

Any information on the 18,000 candidates or are you just shitposting

meanwhile OP is a truck driver or something, no better than an angry femenist with a womens studies degree, complaining about a lack of women in stem

No they just smile a lot because they aren't indians.

>Pick related. I'm sure there was no diversity quota required when selecting candidates.
There's actually no diversity quota needed, because all the lower level positions that you have to have in order to even apply to be an astronaut, already have diversity quotas themselves. And even if they didn't, the universities have them.

So at the top levels, you already get the perfect mix pre-selected, and you can say it was "open to everyone" and "skill-based" or whatever.

lol nice

It's not as difficult being an astronaut these days anymore. They'd rather have someone good who will also be useful in getting funding than someone great who will get them a scandal over being "too white".

The real challenge of space flight is the engineering, not the astronauts who simply execute experiments and protocols thought up by someone else

take your poo to the loo

Huh.

>Mostly men.
>Mostly white men.

Not one nigger. That "black chick" Is pale as fuck. How much you want to bet her european admixture is like 70%

So a wop, asian an a halfrican walk in a bar

When did we start sending monkeys into space again? At least I guess when this shuttle blows up nobody will care

It's just more proof that was NASA does is like 90 bullshit. They are just a money sponge.

didnt you need to be like an ace test pilot and high ranking pilot to be even considered for the program?

The Shuttle has been retired in 2011. The only manned way into space is by Soyuz.

Here is your space program...

>we have great news!
>an earth sized planet in the habitable zone!
>we detected this by measuring its flicker rate.
>NEED MO MONEY FO DEM PROGRAMS

Look at the snooge on the jewress on the left.

That only mattered 50 years ago when astronauts actually had to do things like pilot the ship that was strapped to massive amounts of explosive material and all sorts could go wrong.

Nowadays it's all computers and the astronauts do nothing until they get to the ISS.

>I'm sure there was no diversity quota required when selecting candidates

There is, and everyone knows there is, and if there isn't then they'd get sued. Why is it this way? Because of fucking faggot hippies in the 1960's had to ruin everything

They go through that training there. All you need to start is a degree, some relevant experience, and good health. They get weeded out from there.

POO

underrated

They don't do much, but there's much they need to know how to do. There's no doubt in my mind that astronauts are still among the objectively best humans out there. At least non-diversity-quota astronauts.

yea because driving trucks is a retard job one step up from mcdonalds employee

fucking upper middle class NEETs are dumb as fuck

The intelligent ones work on the ground, these are just the experimental monkeys.

>meanwhile OP is a truck driver or something, no better than an angry femenist with a womens studies degree, complaining about a lack of women in stem
Truck drivers are useful though. At least for the moment. Women's studies majors have never been useful and never will be.

Why? So you can charge 2 zloty to clean it up?

No. They're all smart, but only the fit, ambitious and brave get in space.

Then how do you explain it being easier to train oil drillers to be astronauts than it would be to train astronauts to operate oil drilling machinery?

Nasa cant even into space anymore. They have to beg to the russians for a lift to the international space station for years now

do women actually have the mental capabilities to stay cool when shit hits the fan?

I didn't think about that. I guess you're right after all.

Here's your's.

Thanks Obama

When something goes severely wrong with rockets, it usually happens so fast that you don't have time to panic. And if it's not severe, you probably won't panic.

Could you imagine what it must be like to fuck in space?

I remember when they sent the first israeli astronaut. He never came bakc. The shuttle crashed over a city called Palestine, quite a sign.

i was thinking more like when human actions make the difference

>Could you imagine what it must be like to fuck
I've seen videos about that.

>implying there weren't 5 more men among those 18k that were better candidates than those 4 women

It is odd that there aren't more asians.

Diversity can't into space.

Space shuttle challenger when?

It must be really awkward in zero-g, possibly requiring some sort of handrail or some supporting device

>That black guy actualy doing something instead of posing for the camera.

isnt that tyson?

>That "black chick" Is pale as fuck
american standards everybody

lelno, there are about 9000 fucking way they can blow it to fuck

Kek

Texting his boy...

Yo dawg immabout ta grip on some of these bitches.

2/10
not enough diversity

It's still black.

>black woman
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jessica-watkins/
The Colorado native earned a Bachelor’s degree in Geological and Environmental Sciences at Stanford University, and a Doctorate in Geology from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Watkins has worked at NASA’s Ames Research Center and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and was a collaborator on the Mars Science Laboratory rover, Curiosity.
So, NASA knowledge and high education.

>chinese guy - Jonny Kim
The California native trained and operated as a Navy SEAL, completing more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”. Afterward, he went on to complete a degree in Mathematics at the University of San Diego and a Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
SEAL, MD, PHD in math

>indian-looking chick - Yasmin Moghbeli
The New York native earned a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering with Information Technology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, followed by a Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Naval Postgraduate School. She is also a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School and has accumulated more than 1,600 hours of flight time and 150 combat missions.
>aerospace engineer, test pilot and in combat

Sure seems like diversity quotas in there, yessir. Not nearly bright enough, no sir!

-Sending lab rats into space

Can't wait to see them getting emotionally unstable in space

They don't fit the propaganda

If that guy taking the photo isn't gay I'm boycotting NASA

Asians are only 2% of the population. They're over represented here.

jokes on you. I showed a docu about curiosity to kids in school and 99% of the engineers were white.

yellow privilege

You know the Challlenger crew is still alive? The ones that "died" in the explosion?

>Romania

Some of the white guys have darker complexions then she does.

This is what a black person looks like you fucking 3rd worlder...

Wow I used to be mad at politicians for not expanding nasas budget but now im in favor of cancelling the entire thing.

wtf i hate space now

oh, and if you want to know about the mexican guy - Frank Rubio
The Florida native graduated from the U.S. Military Academy and earned a Doctorate of Medicine from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Prior to attending medical school, he served as a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter pilot and flew more than 1,100 hours, including more than 600 hours of combat and imminent danger time during deployments to Bosnia, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Rubio is a board certified family physician and flight surgeon. At the time of his selection, he was serving in the 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne).

MD, Blackhawk pilot, Special forces.

Any of these people are more knowledgeable, skillfull, valuable and I would be intelligent than the OP, or for that matter, anyone in this thread. You can fuck right off. Positive discrimation and quotas are problematic in some contexts, but you better come up with a big fat fucking proof to asser that in this case.

You should show them the movie For All Mankind (1989).

The funny thing is that every single one of those Astronauts have 10X the intelligence as everyone posting in this thread.

it's blindingly white btw

is it any good?

You moron. Minorities (except asains) and women get extreme help when applying to universities.

>projecting
nigger I.....

oh fuck right off. Not on these subjects, and not with these life stories. And you know it.

interesting that the guy is like double as impressive.
>special forces
>phd in math
>every job he wants
>300k starting

uh, you just grab and thrust like any other time. this time you're floating.
For a nigger she is pale.
She's still a nigger - 1 drop rule.

Reported for racism. There's no reason why you couldn't've picked a better picture to depict a person of color.

You really are slow. Just look how lacking the women are compared to the asian guy.

The government even says affirmative action is real yet you dont believe it exists. Give your head a shake and if youre white just off yourself.

Asians get extreme help when applying to post secondary education. Look at some of the acceptance rates of Asians, then look at demographics. Hell, unis and colleges import fucking Asians to the dismay of the American (or in your case Canadian)

Good. If you're not the best then get out. We don't need affirmative action.

I don't get it.
Black girls on average tend to be more responsible than back guys, so the one black that made it being a girl makes sense. Then there's one Indian and one Jap or Chinese guy, which isn't unreasonable at all for an IQ demanding setting like NASA.
The rest are white.

No shit whites on average are smarter than blacks, but that doesn't mean there aren't abnormalities. Stop getting triggered when even one black gets hired, it's stupid. Save your anger for when half of the new hires are black or some shit.

Man, am I the only one who would willingly go on a no-return space mission? To just get jettisoned into space as fast as possible, or preferably get launched into a black hole.
I want to get NASA onboard with this. For science.

You know that guy in the middle is getting fuck loads of pussy.

so many red-shirts.. :DDD

You would pussy out. You gotta have huge ass balls to get blasted into motherfucking space.

not anymore, it now applies to pretty much everything including "elite" positions.
(except the asians, those suffer from affirmative action too)

Pfffft, that's the janitor, he photobombed it.
Niggers....what are ya gonna do?

They need scientists, pilots and commanders, roughly in those 3 categories. There is a big chance that one of these people will be the first on mars. You really want a geologist, and Ms. Watkins provides that.
Additionally, women are on average lighter and consume less, an important consideration in spaceflight.

I dont give a fuck about affirmative action in this context. This is NASA, and these are astronauts. Any single one of them is 10 times as smart as you. And they have done more for their country - as well as humanity - than you will ever do.

>Indian
>Chink
>IQ
Top goy

They better be the best. None of that ethnic quota shit.

seeing this made me really sad.

those two blonde chicks especially look like they would cry for an hour if you made a nigger joke or if they dropped their cup of tea. totally going to push the new frontier of humanity.

face it guys, weve seen the high point of our civilization. its all downhill from here

Everything Ive looked at says the opposite. Asians have the highest acceptance rates because they have the highest marks. Colleges important Asians because they have the highest marks.
Look how many women there are you dunce. Its not just about blacks.

unz.com/akarlin/the-puzzle-of-indian-iq-a-country-of-gypsies-and-jews/

A sub caste has more nobles/capita than European Jews, IIRC

>includes a marine biologist involved in Antarctic expeditions

WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY EXPECT AN ALIEN WHALE?

THE BANTZ

Are you a chick or a white knight? Calling a bitch Ms. Watkins? Rethink your life and how you live it.

The black guy looks how I feel.

Dunno, do your people circumcise your sphincters at birth?

This. What do they even have to do? Strap in and push a button?

The real work takes place on the ground.

>>includes a marine biologist involved in Antarctic expeditions

Gee I dunno, lets look for extreme places where life occurs, and also have training in isolation for long periods, doing scientific research and extreme conditions.
Also, lots of astronaut work right now is doing tests on single-celled organisms in space.

none of that. I will repeat my point - any of these astronauts is a better human being than you are.

your lack of logic is astonishing.
>They need scientists, pilots and commanders, roughly in those 3 categories
no they don't
they don't "need pilots", they need THE BEST pilots.
>You really want a geologist, and Ms. Watkins provides that.
you don't answer the question, the problem isn't that she is or isn't a geologist, the question is: out of all the geologists who applied, was she the best?
>This is NASA, and these are astronauts.
What a strong argument!
>Any single one of them is 10 times as smart as you.
Wow, you sure showed me! I yield!
>And they have done more for their country - as well as humanity - than you will ever do.
So far they've done nothing

I'm still hesitating between the 2, but it's obvious you're either a woman or underage.