Anyone else tired of the 'fakeness' of today?

Anyone else tired of the 'fakeness' of today?
Like everywhere I go I see fake smiles, fake laughs and people holding fake beliefs
Actors never do anything good unless they get their sweet bux
People don't even believe in the things they themselves do anymore, like it's all a lie, some performance where everyone is an actor
Anyone else? Can't be just me right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gg8JYYyWSPg
youtu.be/ytnFVbdlaSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'actors' as in celebrities or the famous of course

I feel you, that's why I just pretend I live in the Edwardian era at the peak of the British empire, besides my tablet to shitpost on Sup Forums I don't use technology, I plan on switching to gas lamps as well and moving to the country and buying a horse and carriage.

its always been the same m8. A lot of people, especially young, are trying to figure out who they are.

no it hasnt
and you will be removed using force

Yes have been for years.

>its always been the same m8.
Even a decade ago it wasn't like this, but you're probably too young to remember.

Bump

>Greece
Dude aren't all of the Balkans the same gloomy places? People in the shops don't say "Hello" or "Goodbye" even. Nobody's fake here, everyone's open about how much they don't want to interact with you.

Bump 2/3

grass is always greener. Dissociated people in the 90s felt like this too.

Nah down here everyone always tries to pretend they are western
Society here is a fucking disgrace, like a 50 year old granny putting make up and saying 'we are ancients and shieet'

That's the opposite of Canada, everyone's open about how they want to interact with you. Especially in Toronto now that it's being taken over by foreigners, the white people always like to stop and complain at the bus stop about how they're being taken over.

Last bump!

It's all social media's fault. Most people see their own value as the number of followers they have so they pretend to be someone else to get more.

>“It’s what I couldn’t understand about people for a long time. They have no self. They live within others. They live second-hand. Look at Peter Keating. . . . I’ve looked at him—at what’s left of him—and it’s helped me to understand. He’s paying the price and wondering for what sin and telling himself that he’s been too selfish. In what act or thought of his has there ever been a self? What was his aim in life? Greatness—in other people’s eyes. Fame, admiration, envy—all that which comes from others. Others dictated his convictions, which he did not hold, but he was satisfied that others believed he held them. Others were his motive power and his prime concern. He didn’t want to be great, but to be thought great. He didn’t want to build, but to be admired as a builder. He borrowed from others in order to make an impression on others. There’s your actual selflessness. It’s his ego that he’s betrayed and given up. But everybody calls him selfish. . . .
>“Isn’t that the root of every despicable action? Not selfishness, but precisely the absence of a self. Look at them. The man who cheats and lies, but preserves a respectable front. He knows himself to be dishonest, but others think he’s honest and he derives his self-respect from that, second-hand. The man who takes credit for an achievement which is not his own. He knows himself to be mediocre, but he’s great in the eyes of others. The frustrated wretch who professes love for the inferior and clings to those less endowed, in order to establish his own superiority by comparison. . . . They’re second-handers. . . .
(1/2)

Looks like a Land of the Lost Sleestak

>“They have no concern for facts, ideas, work. They’re concerned only with people. They don’t ask: ‘Is this true?’ They ask: ‘Is this what others think is true?’ Not to judge, but to repeat. Not to do, but to give the impression of doing. Not creation, but show. Not ability, but friendship. Not merit, but pull. What would happen to the world without those who do, think, work, produce? Those are the egoists. You don’t think through another’s brain and you don’t work through another’s hands. When you suspend your faculty of independent judgment, you suspend consciousness. To stop consciousness is to stop life. Second-handers have no sense of reality. Their reality is not within them, but somewhere in that space which divides one human body from another. Not an entity, but a relation—anchored to nothing. That’s the emptiness I couldn’t understand in people. That’s what stopped me whenever I faced a committee. Men without an ego. Opinion without a rational process. Motion without brakes or motor. Power without responsibility. The second-hander acts, but the source of his actions is scattered in every other living person. It’s everywhere and nowhere and you can’t reason with him. He’s not open to reason. You can’t speak to him—he can’t hear. You’re tried by an empty bench. A blind mass running amuck, to crush you without sense or purpose. . . .”

I've spent some time in Western Europe mostly in England. The staff there are incredibly nice to the point it makes me feel awkward as fuck. I presume the US and Canada is 10 times worse, since all my friends that have been there are always going on about how much friendlier the staff are compared to Bongland.

That's probably because you're a very popular tourist destination I guess? I don't live near any tourist sites so everyone is pretty open about how they feel. People here would think you're weird for saying "please" and "thank you" at the same rate a Brit would be.

so sort yourself out, become the beacon of what you think is right and as you put it, unrepresented.
STOP BEING A PUSSY SON

Wew, that's some tumblr-tier advice

Bretty gudd bud

Too many people don't believe in themselves. Don't trust their own intuition and are not comfortable in their own skin.

Like, at work, i find myself dedicated and mentally prepared for the job which intimidates my co workers. They project these fears onto others by making insults or being passive aggressive

well that was depressing

t. a pussy

U N S O R T E D detected

That's it, plus with the western intellectual assault we had due to our first foreign leaders
Since greeks are continuously told they were Socrates and Aristotle, they try to act like it as well, some decades back people were all pretentious like we were still rulers of the world or something
At least people in your place know it's shit
Here people refuse to accept it

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

3This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

People are always insecure. Its a part of the docile cycle in humans to depend on other's empathetic relationship.

Americans are fake though, they're the rudest people I ever met but at least they're honest, British and Europeans are fucking retarded, they're all so far left even our liberals look conservative in comparison. I remember getting a lecture from some brit about why I'm not allowed to say retard or nigger anymore, I don't care we say that everyday I'm Canada fuck off if you don't like it. Canadians are the best, they are genuinely polite and friendly, you can stop and have a 20 minute conversation at the bus stop easily, it's normal to say goodbye when leaving the elevator in your building

The Randpill is a /rare/ pill that most of Sup Forums is either too indoctrinated or too much of a brainlet to take. It will reveal great terrors and evils, but will sort you the fuck out with the moral force of 1000 Jordan Petersons.

Sauce? If not post moar

I liked that quote, only criticism is the use of the term 'ego' -- everybody's got one, I don't know what this crazy bitch is on about. It's a part of your psyche. Maybe she means the conceited kind, but if so, that's retarded.

If we adopted Rand's """"""philosophy"""""" we'd go extinct in a generation.

I understand EXACTLY how you feel. Nobody speaks the truth anymore, and if anybody dares speak the truth, they basically get railroaded.

Why do you think we assemble in a place like this? It's the Mos Eisley cantina but much, much worse.

i feel it too it's very dry

I've met some Greeks, they are the way you describe them, but they're cool once you break through their smug exterior.

You do have some basis for national pride and a feeling of superiority. Your homeland is the cradle of Western Civilization, and you sure damn deserve to feel proud of your heritage.
When I was at Uni in the UK we had some sort of a non-class about social issues, forgot what it was called at the time, as they change the name literally every year, but we were talking about the word "gay" and using it as something that means "shit" basically. I, basically got up started going on about the word "fag" and saying that fag is just a word like any other, and how they shouldn't be offended if I were to use it, as fags love that shit.

For some reason Brits were always kind of afraid of me, as I am a 6'2 shaved Eastern Europeans and they didn't tend to give me any of that PC shit. All my friends at the time were niggers and I got away with basically anything. Called an SJW out for some tranny shit once, too: she was going on about how using the word "tranny" was offensive to trans people, and I told her that "In my country those sissies would get stomped on every day, so they should be grateful that the worst they get is get called trannies".

TL;DR: If you use the foreigner card in Western Europe, you'll get away with anything because "it's your culture".

But I've met one Canadian girl and she was the nicest person ever. I wish I knew more of you lot.

The Fountainhead, by pic related. Leftists, commies, nazis, even most libertarians, all hate her becuase they'd rather insult her writing style or say 'le ebic selfishness XD' than confront her philosophy. I urge you to read her and decide for yourself.

>“Notice how they’ll accept anything except a man who stands alone. They recognize him at once. . . . There’s a special, insidious kind of hatred for him. They forgive criminals. They admire dictators. Crime and violence are a tie. A form of mutual dependence. They need ties. They’ve got to force their miserable little personalities on every single person they meet. The independent man kills them—because they don’t exist within him and that’s the only form of existence they know. Notice the malignant kind of resentment against any idea that pro-pounds independence. Notice the malice toward an independent man. . . .”
(1/2)

Yeah I know. I think the reason for it is a whole mess of things. But the fact everyone is rallied behind political causes now has made things very dull.

>Artists only care about money or messages now rather than just making things out of creativity.

>actors or entertainers have to pick a winning side to keep their careers

>everyone everywhere is being watched on the internet. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you should you oppose the collective.

Meanwhile the cultures that used to oppose groupthink has been converted into the biggest most powerful groupthink (SJW, diversity agenda)

The world is pretty fucking depressing these days. And all you have to do to realize how different things are is watch some TV, movies, or video games from 11-10 years ago.

Is this the OG pic that all the memes were from when Sup Forums went down and people posting the real pic were getting banned?

>“After centuries of being pounded with the doctrine that altruism is the ultimate ideal, men have accepted it in the only way it could be accepted. By seeking self-esteem through others. By living second-hand. And it has opened the way for every kind of horror. It has become the dreadful form of selfishness which a truly selfish man couldn’t have conceived. And now, to cure a world perishing from selflessness, we’re asked to destroy the self. Listen to what is being preached today. Look at everyone around us. You’ve wondered why they suffer, why they seek happiness and never find it. If any man stopped and asked himself whether he’s ever held a truly personal desire, he’d find the answer. He’d see that all his wishes, his efforts, his dreams, his ambitions are motivated by other men. He’s not really struggling even for material wealth, but for the second-hander’s delusion—prestige. A stamp of approval, not his own. He can find no joy in the struggle and no joy when he has succeeded. He can’t say about a single thing: ‘This is what I wanted because I wanted it not because it made my neighbors gape at me.’
(2/2)

>Then he wonders why he’s unhappy. Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest moments are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing. But now we are taught to throw everything within us into public light and common pawing. To seek joy in meeting halls. We haven’t even got a word for the quality I mean—for the self-sufficiency of man’s spirit. It’s difficult to call it selfishness or egoism, the words have been perverted, they’ve come to mean Peter Keating. Gail, I think the only cardinal evil on earth is that of placing your prime concern within other men. I’ve always demanded a certain quality in the people I liked. I’ve always recognized it at once—and it’s the only quality I respect in men. I chose my friends by that. Now I know what it is. A self-sufficient ego. Nothing else matters.”
(3/2) lmao

forgot pic related

This actually fits very well.

what is this from?

It's all about the ego we built when we were young and wanted to hide from people juding...
That fake you/ego thing rules the world

youtube.com/watch?v=gg8JYYyWSPg

people need to embrace their pain instead of hide from it

When she says 'ego' she means your intellect. As for being conceited, well, obviously it's idiotic and wrong to be boastful and arrogant about fake virtues or achievements. But a man's rational pride in his real, hard-earned achievements should be the goal of his life and the source of his happiness.
>If we adopted Rand's """"""philosophy"""""" we'd go extinct in a generation.
Nah, marrying and raising a family are fully compatible with Objectivism. Remember, it's RATIONAL selfishness, not mindless hedonism. Marrying the girl you love and having kids and a family are incredible sources of happiness and fulfillment, achievements you can look on with pride.

See

You are correct debts user
Absolutely correct.

I'll give her another read, but I dislike the name "objectivism". The fuck's that supposed to mean?

I know
The problem is when you try to keep an almost melted candle lighted up because you're too lazy to light up a campfire
People here cling to the past, thinking that advancing at all is too dangerous and unpredictable, we always take pride in our past, but never advance on the present
Leads to a society full of make up and wewuz

>wewuz
Basically all of the Balkans. At least we're not warring with one another for now.

It's the name she chose for her philosophical system, to distinguish it from all other systems, as she believed it was an original achievement.

>At a sales conference at Random House, preceding the publication of Atlas Shrugged, one of the book salesmen asked me whether I could present the essence of my philosophy while standing on one foot. I did as follows:
>1. Metaphysics: Objective Reality
>2. Epistemology: Reason
>3. Ethics: Self-interest
>4. Politics: Capitalism
>If you want this translated into simple language, it would read: 1. “Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed” or “Wishing won’t make it so.” 2. “You can’t eat your cake and have it, too.” 3. “Man is an end in himself.” 4. “Give me liberty or give me death.”
(1/2)

Makes you wonder, religions and cultures all have a similar start and a similar end
In the end it's always noted that people will be shit and everything will be bad, while someone would think that humanity would simply advance
Maybe they all have the same root?

>Anyone else? Can't be just me right?

No its not just you that shit is all over the first world

>If you held these concepts with total consistency, as the base of your convictions, you would have a full philosophical system to guide the course of your life. But to hold them with total consistency—to understand, to define, to prove and to apply them—requires volumes of thought. Which is why philosophy cannot be discussed while standing on one foot—nor while standing on two feet on both sides of every fence. This last is the predominant philosophical position today, particularly in the field of politics.
>My philosophy, Objectivism, holds that:
>Reality exists as an objective absolute—facts are facts, independent of man’s feelings, wishes, hopes or fears.
>Reason (the faculty which identifies and integrates the material provided by man’s senses) is man’s only means of perceiving reality, his only source of knowledge, his only guide to action, and his basic means of survival.
>Man—every man—is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others. He must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own rational self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life.
>The ideal political-economic system is laissez-faire capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as traders, by free, voluntary exchange to mutual benefit. It is a system where no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force, and no man may initiate the use of physical force against others. The government acts only protects man’s rights; it uses physical force only in retaliation and only against those who initiate it, such as criminals or foreign invaders. In a system of full capitalism, there should be (but, historically, has not yet been) a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.

William Edward Hickman. Defend

Don't live in the city.
Move to a rural area.
It'll be hard to integrate, but if you do it right, you'll know exactly where you fit in.
It feels better to fit in than it does to have lots of money.
A lot of the reason we want to become rich is to fit in. The drive for money and fame is what takes us away from fitting in.

Y'all just cynical and depressed people just like me. The world is fine and natural.

Are you white? They would never say that to me unless they know me
T.spic
Toronto is cucked, our province is cucked, our country is cucked. What hope is there? Scheer? He reaffirmed position on Paris agreement.
I really want to help my country, but how?

Your heart and brain are telling you it's time to join ISIS.
That is how it starts.

>tfw normie with genuine friends, wide circle of acquaintances and a healthy social life

Life's breddy gud

Most of the people here in Greece are a fucking degenarate race of liars, pretenders and generally assholes who don't give a shit about other than themselves. Something that started from 400 years of slavery and racemixing by fucking kebabs. And the few good men always end up paying for the other pieces of garbage people that call themselves Greek.

Yes I'm white, everyone is racist that I know, every job I ever had has an official "no Muslim" policy. My friend used to work at a sporting goods store (huge national chain) he said if anyone wasn't white dropped off a resume it went straight into the garbage. I remember in middle school we had to have a class meeting on why saying nigger or faggot isn't appropriate, I think it made things worse everyone started saying it more.

Watching the Twilight Zone truly depressed me, you see a society that seems so heavenly compared to yours it's like a fable , and the other things, like that a job could feed a family and pay for a house AND extra.
Can any oldfag here confirm this, because this part always sounded like fairytales to me

Also don't read the NIV it's satanic, it says Jesus fell from Heaven, and calls him Satan

>Judging from the newspaper accounts of the time, Hickman was articulate and arrogant, and seems to have enjoyed shocking people by rejecting conventional views. The public furor against him was unprecedented. For reasons given in the following notes, AR concluded that the intensity of the public’s hatred was primarily “because of the man who committed the crime and not because of the crime he committed. ” The mob hated Hickman for his independence; she chose him as a model for the same reason.
>Hickman served as a model for Danny only in strictly limited respects, which AR names in her notes. Danny does commit a crime in the story, but it is nothing like Hickman’s. To guard against any misinterpretation, I quote her own statement regarding the relationship between her hero and Hickman:
>"[My hero is] very far from him, of course. The outside of Hickman, but not the inside. Much deeper and much more. A Hickman with a purpose. And without the degeneracy. It is more exact to say that the model is not Hickman, but what Hickman suggested to me."
And besides, even if she was wrong in that particular respect (and she may well be - nobody is infallible, and I haven't really thought about this particular aspect of Rand), it doesn't mean her philosophy is incorrect.

Nope, the real one has purple circles under its eyes

I can
Used to be that a man could have 4 kids in Greece and live very comfortably with his wife staying home.
My dad was like that.
Now I work 10 hours a day and getting married seems impossible.

Alan Greenspan, Rush Limbaugh, and such like her shit. It just doesn't add up. Atlas Shrugged is about some ultracapitalist cunts leeching shit off the back of the working man. It's some autistic version of kike philosophy. Totally not resistance material.

That said, I still like that first quote.

Nothing is fake everything has a function faggot

if you're depressed today you likely would have been depressed in the 50s.

a bunch of my relatives committed/attempted suicide in the 30s 40s and 50s if that helps your image.

Depression isn't even real

>having a housewife and kids
>being financially independent
>depressed
please fuck off shlomo

>racemixing by fucking kebabs

The turkish sperms got expelled from Greece with the exchange population at 1923.

Yeah you northerners that live in darkness are alcoholics and suicidal.
What does that have to do with anything.

Yup, they basically just raise the hours and lower the wages indirectly by raising the cost of living, food, entertainment etc. Its not like they can't make things cheaper either. We were always able to function when it only cost half as much money to produce resources than it does now. But here we are paying $4+tax for milk when it used to cost $2. Are cows going extinct? No. The industry has just gotten more profitable.

Quality of life has suffered. People are miserable, and yet we know people perform and work better when they aren't under a lot of stress, but things continue this way.

>Alan Greenspan, Rush Limbaugh, and such like her shit
Again, doesn't mean she's wrong.
>ultracapitalist cunts leeching shit off the back of the working man
Have you read the book? The capitalists go on strike and decide to live for themselves in an isolated enclave. As a result, the entire economy falls apart, demonstrating that it was the working men (the men of lesser ability) who depended on the exceptional, genius individuals, not the other way around.
>“All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don’t. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind.
>“We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one’s happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt.
>“There is a difference between our strike and all those you’ve practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality—the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind.
Anyway, Atlas Shrugged is not about politics or economics - that's just the surface-level shit to illustrate the real point. It's about basic morality.

That's because our parents failed us. Always voting for more government just to open more jobs in it and farmers could get more funding so they can buy fucking cars and houses. And now we are at the point that private owned business are collapsing and no new business are starting, we don't produce shit and we are not going to. And good luck with tourism now that we have fucking mudslims in every inch of our country.

Sry kids but this rly is a horrible dystopia and the 90s were better in every way.

Yeah that's how you destroy the family unit.
Make it untenable.
That and degeneracy that teaches you not to have kids and to hate the other gender.

It's good they are keeping the muzzies out, I want to use my race to climb up in diversity quotas ladders.
People are inherently racist (pattern heuristics) with good reason. You should judge people by thier merit though.
I'm cuturally Catholic, I don't believe in God per say, but recently starting getting into the bible

Yeah, I feel the same.

This is a direct result of adopting social media. Social media allows one to be "fake" which eventually converts a person wholly to this. Delete social media firm your life. Urge others to do the same. Restore.

Which book by rand do you reccomend? I liked the self-sustaining ego quote.

I've never personally cared much about having a family. Just a companion to weather things out with. Now that ive had a girlfriend for 11 years though, I feel like spending more time alone if we ever break things off. Most of my friends over the years have disappeared when they started dating someone. Its really an all consuming thing, which is fine if thats all you want in life. I really miss being able to hang out as a group.

(((They ))) are unironically doing it on purpose. Keep digging user, you'll know why and who ((they)) are if you don't know already

Anything and everything. She really was a unique mind; reading her is like listening to bright, clear music after hearing nothing but muffled groans and screams of pain one's whole life.
I would recommend starting with The Fountainhead, then reading some of her essays like The Virtue of Selfishness and Philosophy: Who Needs It. These will lay out the philosophy in clear, logical terms. Then I would recommend Atlas Shrugged for the finale.
Obviously, she isn't perfect. Atlas Shrugged, in particular, is far from the pinnacle of the English novel - long monologues, rather monochrome, almost autistic, characterization, and so on. I think she is far better at non-fiction, argumentative writing, which revels in the stark clarity which can get hard on the brain in a 1200 page novel. But, then again, criticizing a book like Shrugged for its aesthetics would be like dismissing the Wright Flyer on the grounds that the seats weren't too comfy.

Ya we where thinking about touring Mediterranean but your mud niggers chimping out all the time put that idea to rest.

Television laugh tracks teach people to fake laugh on queue.

I think things of that nature are genuinely subversive.

youtu.be/ytnFVbdlaSo

Thank you. Not trying to second hand around.

>Television laugh tracks teach people to fake laugh on queue.
It also teaches people to laugh at things they normally wouldn't find funny. Faggotry is popular now due to decades of sitcom laugh tracks training people to think that fag behavior is funny instead of disgusting.

I would have to say being on/pol/, has show me the bots / same treads daily. They are just propaganda to take you the direction which ever side wants you to go. The next place they will lead you is a camp somewhere to see you can never think for yourself or in the oven you go!!!

this

>our country
>help my country
>is a spic

>NIV
Unless you're reading the Knox translation you're a screeching faggot.

Sounds comfy leafbro

What you've noticed is the "walking dead" stage.
The People in America and Europe, all over, see what's taking place.
They see Muslim invaders raping their women, killing their men, and then being defended by the Government who should be protecting it's people.

They see white genocide occurring but are conditioned to believe it's either for the best or a crazy conspiracy theory.

This mental conditioning results in a schism within the psyche.
The People can't understand how and why all of this is happening.
All they know is -- they're powerless to stop it.
And so they recoil within themselves and exist in a state of perpetual confusion.
Of course, if they express themselves they will be ridiculed and demonized, and so they "fake it."

Soon, the Power That be will undo and replace this conditioning with something far worse.
Or, we can break the conditioning and offer them the Truth in its place.
Otherwise, the Walking Dead will devour you and I who live in reality.

Yeah, that was my guess. From the TV show not the movie.