PUERTO RICO VOTES FOR STATEHOOD ON JUNE 11th

You might have been so caught up in the Trump fiasco that you missed this. What are you going to do about this burger pols? Puerto Rico is about to enter our union after decades of being a territory. Their economy is in a recession so this means more jobless mouths to feed and more hispanics in our country. They are expected to vote overwhelmingly to join hoping it will fix their economic problems. Then there's a formality where they must debate their value to congress, who will probably let them in this year.

This is because they will probably lean right when they enter the union to appease the Republican congress. They've leaned right traditionally but many political experts say there's a growing trend of liberalism in the country. They might appease the GOP by electing right officials to congress but eventually they will become a blue state since their population is entirely Hispanics and the older members of the GOP can't even put on a smile to pretend to like Hispanic people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QIV44y89BLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying we'll buy 51 star flags
Nah they'll get denied by congress

Puerto Ricans don't want to be a state. They make fun of the people who do.

GOP is desperate for votes. If they think this could bolster their chances down the line then they'll find a way.

Not sure if joking but Puerto Ricans have wanted to be a state for decades. Their economy is being ruined by private businesses and if they were a state they could defend themselves better as well as access more federal aid to help themselves. They already have citizenship and voting rights. They have nothing to lose.

>be bankrupt
>become a state and ledge is removed/paid for
>millions more spics now legal us citizens

SOUNDS FUCKING GREAT!

they can have our spot, no need to change the flag

>millions more spics now legal us citizens
They're already full citizens, you fucking dipshit. If every single Puerto Rican wanted to move to America they could do so just as easily as you moving states.

Unfortunately, they are already citizens.

Regions so detached and irrelevant to the mainland US shouldn't be given more power. Look at Hawaii. Never has to worry about an immigration crisis, but had the power to disrupt executive orders that applied mostly to the mainland.
I'm not hating on Puerto Rico either, they should be allowed total independence.

Sure, buy hey dont have a spot in Congress or the Senate. That makes a difference.

>GOP is desperate for votes.

And you're making this asinine comment why?

Came here to post this. Funny how they're willing to become a state after they've ruined their credit rating and went bankrupt.

>because the GOP is the party that panders to minorities at any cost in order to win elections

Race war when?

>be flat broke
>hate Americans
>love our money
>become a state hoping to get more free money

Fuck that. Shame though, spent some time in Puerto Rico. Beautiful place, but if you don't speak Spanish and admit to being American they look down on you. Also every window had bars on them cuz fucking thieves lol

Great stuff! I can't wait till they'll be out 51st state! Even Styx is on board!
youtu.be/QIV44y89BLY

They voted to become a state back in 2012 but nothing happened.

Not soon enough.

They already have government benefits and aid programs and housing it changes nothing/
except its a good excuse to make it a sanctuary state(prison) and keep all the fuggees off main land

...so no one else in the union gets a say on whether or not they obtain statehood? What if no-one else except for them wants them as a member of our union, are we just stuck with Greece: Edition Spic.0?

Hey let's not go there

Pretty sure they vote for it and then it moves to the government to decide.

NO fuck these faggots. They dont deserve statehood and neither does Hawaii!

Nothing will happen. They do this shit every two years. Congress just laughs at them. They'll never become a state. They're too useful as a commonwealth.

Japs can't have dominion over every island. I know your end game.

Because nobody votes GOP like bankrupt spics

do you think Puerto Rico doesn't get to vote in the U.S. election? fuck you guys are dumb

hahahahaha

The amount of real japs posting on Sup Forums can be counted with your fingers.

Congress will just say no.

There's already a proposed 51 star design actually. It looks essentially the same, although I like the 50 star version better.

>they will probably lean right when they enter the union to appease the Republican congress

The only class of spics that ever vote right are Cubans, every other group votes overwhelmingly left largely because they want those gibs. "Conservative Hispanics" is a bigger myth than the wage Gap.

The only thing making this shitty bankrupt island a state accomplishes is permanently give the Dems 2 free senators, about 5 free representatives, and 6 free electoral votes.

They can't be any worse than Illinois. I say let them join the cool burger club.

They actually don't. Fuck, you are dumb.

Pay denbts.

Holy fuck please no. Puerto Ricans just want gibs. Unemployment, poverty and bankruptcy runs rampant there. We don't need a leech state to be added. Even the Puerto Ricans that live in the US are still at like 50% unemployment. Caribbean culture doesn't have a work ethic compatible with the US economy

If they become a state they have to learn English so it's moot.

Yeah, we're talking about human roaches who abandon their car in a snowbank every winter and refuse to go outside because it's cold because muh island people need gibs.

/thread

TEXAS SECESSION WHEN

>You might have been so caught up in the Trump fiasco that you missed this.

No, see, I'm not a retard who can only focus on one thing at a time.

> What are you going to do about this burger pols?

Welcome them.

>Puerto Rico is about to enter our union after decades of being a territory.

This was a decision that should have been made decades ago.

> Their economy is in a recession so this means more jobless mouths to feed

Except several of their financial woes come from the fact that they're not treated like a state. This, if approved by Congress, would give them a path to fix these issues.

> and more hispanics in our country.

Puerto Ricans can already freely move to the United States. Since they're born citizens. They're already IN our country.

> They are expected to vote overwhelmingly to join hoping it will fix their economic problems.

Cool. Good for them.

>Then there's a formality where they must debate their value to congress, who will probably let them in this year.

Man, I genuinely hope so.

>This is because they will probably lean right when they enter the union to appease the Republican congress.

Entirely possible, but who knows. They are, admittedly, a bit of a wildcard.

>They've leaned right traditionally but many political experts say there's a growing trend of liberalism in the country.

In which country? Puerto Rico? You know that Puerto Rico is not a country, right? It's a territory of the United States.

>They might appease the GOP by electing right officials to congress but eventually they will become a blue state since their population is entirely Hispanics and the older members of the GOP can't even put on a smile to pretend to like Hispanic people.
That's not really my problem, that's the GOP's problem.

The GOP absolutely must support statehood if we want to win elections, we need to build a Republican base in PR like we have in the Cuban American population

I told you fags, USA will be spic majority much faster than the projected 2040s. It's not a linear process, once enough of them are in, the demographic bomb goes off

they could already legally up and move here if they wanted to, but they're too poor

Aren't they bankrupt?

Why the fuck should we take on a bankrupt territory as a state?

Hey not bad. I still like 50 better. A nice round number.

We also should level Detroit

I love when Puerto Ricans are accidentally mislabeled as Mexicans. They freak the fuck out like it's the biggest slap to the face. Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are the same fucking thing, they're equally worthless.

18 and up site, jizz rag. This has to be the dumbest post ive read in a long time.

It will lower out debt per state average. 20T/51