Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees

Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees

Trump, Obama, Merkel and more are depicted as displaced people.

>Syrian artist Abdalla Al Omari is painting world leaders in an unexpected light: as refugees.

>In “The Vulnerability Series,” Omari depicts President Donald Trump as an exhausted refugee, with a sleeping pad on his back and a child in his arms.The rest of the paintings, currently on exhibit at a Dubai gallery, show former President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and several other world leaders as “disenfranchised or displaced civilians,” per the gallery’s release.

>“Initially I was driven by my own experience of displacement and the anger that I felt, like any other Syrian, while the situation in Syria escalated,” Omari said in a video on the series that he sent to HuffPost.“It was a personal desire in the beginning to imagine how would those supposedly great personalities look like if they were in the shoes of refugees, displaced.”

>Omari, who fled Syria after the start of the Syrian civil war in 2011, was granted asylum in Belgium, reports Reuters. Currently living in Brussels, Omari started working on the series over two years ago, he said in the video sent to HuffPost.

Other urls found in this thread:

data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/mediterranean
foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/06/08/u-s-state-department-plans-response-to-hillary-clinton-probe-request.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

World leaders are generally not healthy single men of fighting age.

omg it's totally changing the way i look at the world like for real omgggg it speaks to me it's so beautifullllll we need to let more refugees in asap go... i mean guys

Interesting yet meaningless

is it supposed to be ironic that they look more like refugees than the actual "refugees"?

an interesting series as art, dishonest propaganda as a political statement.

Refugee Trump is cute as fuck, would feed and wish him good luck in his journey

How many refugees has Dubai taken in recently...?

Donald Trump being a man of retirement age with a family and kids would be an acceptable refugee. Some engineer with a college degree from a reputable University fleeing his wartorn country because the economy collapsed is acceptable. Some 20 something year old guy that's fit for military service and has no family is not acceptable.

>what if you were in their shoes!
This is a pointless thought exercise because they have a fundamentally different worldview than we do. If a bunch of white Christians were suffering from civil war and unrest in their homelands the Muslims would just try to kill or enslave them, we know because it has happened hundreds of times throughout history.

"This refugee brought a picture showing his family he left behind, including his 3 wives and 4 children. He brought his youngest wife with him, who is 7 years old and was purchased by him when she was 5. He sold all of his family's belongings to afford the $5,000 boat trip to Greece and only has the Gucci clothes on his back, $4,000 in cash, and a new iPhone 7 with him. His other wives and children were left behind in Syria with no money, source of income, or home. He says he will send them a portion of his paycheck when he gets a job in Europe, but also claims to be disabled and unable to work. He says he has no idea where his family is or if they are even alive."

this is my new favorite picture

>50+ years old refugee with a little child in his arms.

In 4 years of refugee crisis I don't think I have seen a photo showing something like that.

>muh syrian refugees HURR DURR

this is a UN website for this shit.

data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/mediterranean

click it. Respond to this post with the percentage of these """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""refugees"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that are even Syrian

Who has that one image about saying fuck borders and laws and shit?

Got change?

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah
Sorry man, I don't carry cash.

Disgusting

Message is gay but that Trump one is well painted.

Needs a background though. It's not anywhere near done.

He look like Will Smith in that movie Hancock.

>foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/06/08/u-s-state-department-plans-response-to-hillary-clinton-probe-request.html

Where's the image of them gang raping an 8 year old?

>Ten heartbreaking photos that will make you say "fuck having borders and laws and shit"

Nice try

>all refugees are drape warring Muslims
This artist is a
BIGOT
I
G
O
T

looks like a man down on his luck but trying to get back on his feet.

looks like a dirty hobo looking for a handout.

sounds like you're a trumpnigger

Well shit son, you got me pegged!

>all those mentions of Syria
>no desire expressed to return

Is there any in the full article? I somehow doubt it.

I think Canada counts for this one.

Don't make eye contact....

The fun part about this is Jews and Muslims and Africans would reject us out of hand or slaughter us upon arrival. Go ahead and make more people talk about how white countries are the only nice inviting ones on the entire planet. How is this supposed to make me like refugees more?

Pic related happens to you for like 10 years if you illegally immigrate to South America. Also note that they reject permanent immigration form whites in half their countries by default.

This is a one way street and everyone with half a brain realizes it.

>15 pictures that will make you say fuck having borders and law and shit