Is the Trump/Russia narrative dead? Will the media tweak the narrative or switch to a new one entirely

Is the Trump/Russia narrative dead? Will the media tweak the narrative or switch to a new one entirely

Other urls found in this thread:

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/report-comeys-brother-works-law-firm-handles-clinton-foundations-taxes/
youtube.com/watch?v=bkp_Bmab07w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is the Trump/Russia narrative dead?

Decidedly not. The current narrative is that trump fired Comey to stop the investigation.

I think he fired him because he was not actively moving the investigation towards completion. He was probably being paid off by the left to stonewall it.

Comey said at the start of the hearing the hearing that there was "no doubt" that Russia was behind the DNC leaks.

Isn't that a complete fucking lie?

Why would it be dead when Comey testified that Trump obstructed justice and that there was classified information regarding previously undisclosed meetings between Sessions and a third party that would lead the FBI to expect recusal?

Just because people bot the shit out of /r/the_donald posts doesn't mean people buy that shit

he wasn't under investigation but comey refused to report this. most likely this pissed trump off since he can't do his job when people are constantly saying he's under investigation for treason. that's my understanding anyway

>Trump wasn't under investigation!
Personal. Trump wasn't under personal investigation. Trump was absolutely under investigation as part of the campaign.

I can't believe you morons are actually falling for these bullshit word games

By, "report," you mean "release a statement to the press" because that's what the issue was. Comey didn't release a statement saying that Trump wasn't under investigation because if he did that, he'd have to release a statement saying that Trump was under investigation if he ever was. Comey was in the right, and he doesn't answer to Trump.

He was not under investigation, his campaign was.

You think Russia hacked the election. You're retarded.

>he doesn't answer to Trump.
Except he literally does.

>he doesn't answer to Trump.
Except he literally does(did).

kill yourself retard

Trump is part of his campaign.

We are talking in legal terms here, not colloquial ones. That's the game - pretending we're talking about this in colloquial terms where "He wasn't under investigation" is tantamount to saying "he's innocent"

Except he literally does not. The FBI is independent investigative bureau.

Well he answers to the AG who answers to Trump. Chain of command.

>You think Russia hacked the election
I think Trump obstructed justice (because he openly admitted to doing so).

And the director serves at the pleasure of the president.

>"He wasn't under investigation" is tantamount to saying "he's innocent"

No it's not you pleb. If there's anything that stinks in his campaign staff it could lead back to Trump but the FBI will not say that they are or are not investigating him because it's a half-truth.

Trump fired Comey because of his inept handling of the Flynn investigation, and refusal to pursue the Clinton email / Clinton foundation scandals. That, and "WOW... Comey is a leaker!"

The MSM just kept pushing something the Dems were accusing Trump of because they are actually the ones guilty of it when it comes to uranium deals and the Clinton Foundation.

>He was not under investigation
>He obstructed the investigation

His campaign was under investigation, he was not. We're arguing the same point here, you're just too much of a fucking liberal cuck to understand that, and I could be classified as a liberal cuck and I think that about what you're saying. In legal terms, he >was not< under investigation, his fucking campaign was.

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/report-comeys-brother-works-law-firm-handles-clinton-foundations-taxes/
hsbc and clinton foundation are BFF'S

i am just a parrot who repeats what is told

Hillary is about the get thrown under the bus SHTF coming very soon.

Digits and muh russia is dead for good.

He closed out the Clinton investigation, which is still closed, and he refused to let Flynn go as a criminal, which is being looked into currently. You're fucking delusional

My thought are people are gonna chimp out for about a month on this and it will start to fade. MSM has played this card for too long, so even if they are mostly wrong they can be somewhat right, so they at least have justification to talk about it. Expect them to shift to an incessant and ridiculous view on Mueller and that investigation to the point it gets insane and they have counters like the Comey hearing to every "Happening" out of that case.

Of course it isn't
It should have been dead long ago, strangled in the crib - but so should Hillary Clinton.
No. this is the technique they have been using and it will continue a while longer...
(((They)))Make accusation
People ask for evidence
They Say there is evidence but it's just slightly out of reach
Requests for evidence grow
They make new accusation
Everyone forgets the previous calls for evidence as debate moves to new accusation
People ask for evidence of new accusation
They say the evidence exists but is just out of reach
Calls for evidence grow
They make new accusation
Debate moves to new accusation, request for evidence is forgotten
Rinse&Repeat ad nauseam

>MSM: Trump has ties with Russia! Obstruction of Justice!
>... but didn't Comey admit that he isn't?
>MSM: ... err Trump can't spell! lol!! xD coffvete! xDDDDD

He doesn't serve the president, neither does the AG, or even the president himself. They all serve us, the people that hired them. The FBI is not lead by the President, it is lead by the FBI director.

Quick question, can the president fire the director of the FBI?

If you're not going to post anything useful for either side of the conversation please see yourself back to T_D.

You're arguing for what? Comey should have released a statement? What is your point, because you havent made it very clearly.

>is the narrative dead?

Hope not because the MSM is throwing their credibility in the toilet by keeping on this obvious bullshit. They aren't convincing anyone at this point.

Under that train of thought, firing a director also wouldn't stop it (at least directly). And the President, even if he picked the successor, wouldn't be able to stop him from stopping it.

Yeah, and if he does that because of a current investigation into himself, it's called obstruction of justice. See the independence? It's the checks and balances that have been put in place for a reason. It's the reason we have the FBI in the first place.

>Yeah, and if he does that because of a current investigation into himself, it's called obstruction of justice.
Except Trump wasn't under investigation, so...

Damn, I never new that the obstruction of justice had to be permanent in order to pursue legal action. What's your point, sunshine?

no they still believe that Comey will say something in a non-open setting that will lead to drumpf's impeachment

"Sunshine"
Fucking shill

Try reading just a little bit harder

I know you'll get it, pal.

>Comey leaks memo to press
>NYT publishs details
>the next day Trump tweets that he may have taped their conversation
IN THAT ORDER
Why did Comey lie under oath?

Comey's becoming a liability for the deep state

I predict an assassination and they will try to blame it on Trump.

>from my law degree I received at ShariaBlue during the 1 hour course they gave me

and just for good measure see as an example of the kind of retard who falls for these word games

There was no open criminal investigation into Donald J Trump. It's a technicality, but that's what politics is. What the fuck aren't you getting? Im defending Comey, are you defending Trump?

While it's true that Trump was never under investigation, that he never asked Comey to end the investigation, and that the NTY was BTFO as FAKE NEWS by Comey, the left will now run with the "Obstruction of Justice" narrative since Comey felt "uncomfortable" by Trump telling him "he hopes he can let it go."

They now expect special counsel Mueller to investigate Trump for obstruction, which may or may not happen.

I doubt it'll happen because for obstruction to be real, there has to be "corrupt intent," which will be nearly impossible to prove since Trump actually told Comey to expand the investigation into his own "satellites," like Flynn, so the investigation would end faster and lift "the cloud" from Trump's administration.

The president is actually allowed to direct the FBI and DOJ however he wants if there is no corrupt intent.

That's been the tactic all along.
There is no evidence because it's not true - so they claim the evidence is there but it's just out of reach, then when they cannot support the lie any longer they make a new accusation to move the debate along.

>retards
Damn shill when did Sharia permit the use of trigger words are things that bad for the dems?

Whut?

You'd think five months of investigation would turn something up, but instead we just have MSM whining everyday non-stop.

Granted, this is true as I understand it currently.

They'll tweak it. The Russia part of the Trump/Russia narrative is more important to them than the Trump part. They've already started to refocus on the "Russia interfered with our democracy" line.

Remember, everything Comey says that helps Trump is TRUE and completely vindicates the president. And everything that Comey says that hurts Trump is FALSE, and Comey is a dirty rotten liar who can't be trusted whatsoever.

No, and there is bipartisan recognition in congress to that effect. Moreover, Putin himself has as well admitted the hacking originated from Russia, only he denies it was on his orders.

You'd do well to stop being informed by Sup Forums threads.

They'll get him under perjury.

actually no it doesn't. the president is exempted from obstruction of justice. All directors (except for the fed reserve) serves in the pleasure of the president meaning they can be fired at any time for anything. Also the president has the right to control what the FBI investigate or not and even control if the FBI director can talk to congress (like obama used his power to stop Holder from fast and furious)

the president can, however, be impeached and removed at anytime. Impeachment is stage one and you only need 2/3 of both houses to kick out the president. That's why Clinton was impeached but nothing was ever done to him. You don't need a charge.

Holy shit you liberals need to read the constitution.

To bait an investigation.

He truly doesn't think much of his base.

Well, nobody does, really.

if you believe seth rich was the leaker than yes its a complete and utter fabrication. if you don't believe that than its not a lie.

and it was proven by a DNC server that the FBI requested and was denied access and given to a private company called crowdstrike ran by an actual white facist working for the DNC

The president has the ability to fire any and all members of the executive branch including the director of any letter agency.

Holy shit you're fucking thick. Defending Trump?

R's are trying to run the bullshit narrative that Trump was not under PERSONAL investigation and so could not obstruct justice by firing Comey - they are attempting (successfully if this thread is any indication) to conflate a personal investigation into Trump and the investigation into Trump's campaign (which Trump is obviously a part of)

>the president is exempted (I believe you mean exempt you fucking dipshit) from obstruction of justice
Are you a fucking moron?

They moved on from it a few weeks ago.

It's now the obstruction narrative.

Comey found hillary clinton committed a crime and was told by the DOJ director to back off. No need for special investigator.

No proof of russian hacking. Create a memo, leak to law professor, and then send to NYT to hire a special investigator.

liberals are insane

read it up retard. the US president is exempt from obstruction of justice. You don't know much about US constitutional law do you

You're correct (executive privilege), except technically the president can obstruct justice if he acts with corrupt intent in his orders (federal statute regarding obstruction of justice). Trump hasn't acted with corrupt intent, but within his constitutional authority as you said, which is a huge difference that shit brains on the left don't understand.

learn retard. it's in the constitution

It's still obstruction of justice because he is connected to the investigation. his campaign is under investigation, he is not. You can't just fucking lie because they misunderstand what obstruction of justice is. There was no personal investigation into Donald Trump, but it is still obstruction of justice to fire the director of the FBI because of one of his investigations, especially into something so closely tied to the president.

> Is the Trump/Russia narrative dead?

any day now
t. increasingly nervous mam

which the president can do. the president can say you stop investigating now and it's his right

like i said if the leftist want trump gone just start impeachment. You have the right to impeach the president at any time for any reason even if you hate him. all you need is 2/3 of both houses.

seriously, liberals talk like they are the greatest protector of freedom but can't even read the constitution

The President MAY be exempt from prosecution while still in office - there is no actual precedent

It is certainly valid grounds for impeachment (but that would mean the R's would have to grow some balls and put country before party), and once impeached he could then be indicted and prosecuted.

I see the issue with you being an idiot. You think Im talking about Flynn. You also think I'm referring to Trump when I say, "the president."
Im referring to the russia investigation and the president as a global term, go back and reread, cuck.

So just by starting spurious investigations over and over and over again, an FBI director can be immune from consequences of his actions? Hahahahaha

Sophistry is not realty. It is a matter of law and fact that Comey answers directly to the President, not the American people.

And lets be honest, Trump actually was vindicated in his comments about finding contacts in his campaign with russian ties. He didn't have hesitation on that, this was more him trying to keep Flynn from being dragged through the mud on some BS charge.

Which, by the way, Obama, both Bush's and Clinton have done. Presidential pardons.

then go impeach him libby. impeachment is when you start the process. go tell maxine waters to start the papers now. Cry when trump is gone and a guy who wants to ban abortion is put in power. have fun leftists

That's not even true under the definition of obstruction of justice. It doesn't have to be that the person suspected of the crime is the same person who obstructed justice.

your post makes it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. expand on your statement or get ignored.

go learn some constitutional law retard

Obstruction of justice requires corrupt intent to be proven, otherwise the president is allowed to do whatever he wants in terms of directing and ordering executive branches like the FBI.

It's going to be impossible to prove corrupt intent because Trump himself told Comey to investigate his satellites to hurry the investigation and hasn't shown he did anything corruptly to get out of trouble.

He's exempt from being tried in a court of law.... oh dear how dumb are some of you hardline Trump apologists?

if they want to find corruption look up hillary clinton's 35 million investment into a russian company controlled by putin

You're all forgetting, all they need to do is get Trump under oath. He's a serial liar, and they will nail him for that.

Clinton didn't get impeached for having sex. Cheating on your wife isn't illegal. He got impeached for lying about it.

I read that comment earlier, it still proves nothing. An investigation is still necessary. What will the outcome be of the investigation? None of us know, that's the fucking point of the investigation. I hope it gets him impeached, but if it doesnt, than it doesnt. I support the system before I support partisan politics.

right because you're so much smarter than the top constitutional professor in the country who even voted for hillary. so smart. you should go to the supreme court

Thing is the facts don't matter. What matters is public perception.

If the R's can fool their constituents into thinking the obstruction charge is bogus they'll be able to avoid impeachment without repercussion.

The only way they'll take action is if their seats are threatened.

jesus christ, man. Nobody gives a fuck about shillary, she's out. We're talking about the POTUS being tied to russian influence into the election. Get on topic. The president is a man who controls thing, but all men answer to the law in the USA. Nobody is above it, porkchop.

sure you do. you also support the director of the DOJ telling the director of the FBI to stop investigating hillary clinton. nonpartisan my ass

The FBI director answers to the head of the Department of Justice, which at the moment is Jeff Sessions.

clinton foundation investigation is still open and ongoing idiot

russian influence...that came from a DNC server that the FBI never got access to because the DNC refused to let the FBI investigate it

wow such influence

This isn't going to end for 8 years is it?

I don't give a fuck, homie. I understand that is a very important part of politics, but Im not going to mislead anyone. DJT was not under investigation, the Trump Campaign was.

>If the R's can fool their constituents into thinking the obstruction charge is bogus they'll be able to avoid impeachment without repercussion.
Well, it is bogus, so...

can the DOJ director tell the FBI director to back off from their own investigation like lynch did to comey? why then all trump needed to do was tell sessions to tell comey to back off