Why don't we have mandatory waiting periods everywhere?

>TRASBURG, Pa. - Authorities say that a Pennsylvania mother bought a firearm the day before fatally shooting her two young children, setting her house on fire, and then turning the gun onto her self.

>The bodies of Carola Arnau, 40, her 10-year-old daughter and her 4-year-old son were found in their Strasburg home early Tuesday morning. The family dog also was found dead.

>"I tell people, in my job, some days are worse than others, and this is one of the worst, and certainly one of the darkest," Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said during a news conference.

>Emergency responders were called to the home at about 3:20 a.m. Tuesday.

>Dr. Stephen Diamantoni, the Lancaster County coroner, ruled the deaths a murder-suicide after autopsies Wednesday morning.

>He says Arnau shot her 10-year-old daughter multiple times in the head and her 4-year-old son multiple times in the body.

This could have been prevented if she just would have been forced to wait 10-30 days for a gun. Why don't we just wait for situations to calm down and then you can have your gun.

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1478.ZO.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if only she didnt have a gun, then she would have loved her children more.

She could've just killed them 10-30 days later.

exactly!!!

>implying anyone that wants to murder someone bad enough won't find a way

TFW it took like an hour to buy a rifle yesterday.

I dont see why guns are the problem here. Without a gun she would just have drowned poisend or suffocated them with a pillow.

How would a waiting period (which i find reasonable btw) have prevented this exactly?

That's what happens when roasties wait til 30 to have kids.

yeah that's why most suicides are with firearms

people are going to take the easiest method almost always. we'll never know if she would have done it or not if guns weren't so easy to get, so it's pointless to ask. scapegoat by gun faggots.

This man was obviously mentally unstable.
His kids would have grown to be unstable adults.
Unstable things do not make a good foundation.

Ofc she would have done it. If someone reaches the point of killing their own children and then comitting suicide, not having a gun is 100 % not going to prevent that.

At that point is more about when and not how

>no dad mentioned
Single moms, not even once.

She would have drowned them. Single moms need waiting periods on water coming out of the faucet.

She could've used a knife. Does that mean we should have a mandatory waiting period before you can buy a knife?

I tend to think an object as dangerous as a firearm should be kept out of the hands of anyone who cannot use it properly. I won't take my son to see his grandmother because she keeps them around her house but hasn't actually fired them in decades. But the slippery slope is real whether we like it or not, as we've recently seen in California, and the 2nd Amendment forbids these regulations.

The solution is a compromise amendment which requires psychological evaluations, background checks, and training but establishes a privacy firewall with respect to this information, and then forbids most regulation and taxation of gun designs and ammunition.

The biggest threats to gun rights in this country are jurisdictional restrictions such as the ones we have in NYC and now in California - fees, magazine restrictions, ammunition taxes - and without a new amendment the left will eventually organize to make the country an impossible patchwork of laws that turns most gun owners into unwitting lawbreakers, whose possessions their children will eventually have to surrender upon their deaths. Within a few generations the populace will be effectively disarmed.

We've got to do something about this before it catches on, and the best way to stop it before it really gets underway is a compromise that gives enemies of gun rights what they want at the moment they are actually focusing on legitimate concerns. The opportunity won't last forever. Try this ten years down the road and they won't be fixated on random shootings anymore, but on child safety, police rights (no, really), and the inevitable recurring bogeyman of the right wing militia. Wait too long and instead of psych evaluations and training our compromise will be thumbprint locks and remote kill switches.

Yes because the women/men who killed their own kids never used knifes , gas , hammers , axes , poison and or other items.

If it wasn't a gun she might of used something else.

The issue is the kids weren't armed too so they could have killed that crazy bitch.
Also, the easiest method is poison. It also doesn't fucking hurt if you do it right. This woman was a nut job and if she didn't get a gun she would have found another probably more painful was of offing her kids. People that reach the point of murdering their own kids don't give a flying fuck about gun laws you stupid as fuck dickless faggot.
Pic related is you

The simpsons did a joke about this

Homer tries to buy a gun and has to wait a week for the waiting period and goes "oooh I'm angry now!!"

>yeah that's why most suicides are with firearms
Most suicides committed by men use firearms. This isn't the same for woman and generally speaking it is actually rare that a woman would off herself with a firearm.

Also. Japan

This.

Three schizos done dunn

Maybe if she did use something else we would not be fixated on the guns. If she used her bare hands maybe Americans would realize that there is something genuinely wrong going on.

She had the opportunity to drown or stab these children and for whatever reason could not bring herself to do it. Maybe you've never seen someone drowned or stabbed to death. There's a big difference between guaranteed death upon a single gesture, and a long process that involves struggling, tearing of flesh, and many chances to reconsider or recoil from what you are doing.

That's lame. Last time I bought one it was like 3min for the clerk to fetch it from the back, 3min to wait for the NICS check to come back, and 2min to wait for the manager to come walk me out.

>The solution is a compromise
>Compromising when it comes to liberty
You will lose all your rights

>killing their own kids then suiciding
It's remarkable how it's usually women who kill their own kids before offing themselves

your right user. if there was a waiting period she would have just drowned them in the tube like a proper mother should.

Because it doesnt prevent any crimes. A individual set on commiting a crim will either find a different way to obtain a gun, or find a different way to carry out the crime.
You could build a fully functional firearm in your home in less than 3 days without going through a ffl or even a private party sale.

fpbp

While I agree on some level, come on man, she killed her own fucking kids. That takes a level of insanity that blows right by the moral decision making you speak of.

We -are- losing our rights. But in the compromise I'm proposing I don't lose any rights because I'm not a fucking mental case or a criminal. It boggles my mind that people here will defend gun rights for people most of us agree should be locked up or put down.

You're right though, and that's probably why these stories so often involve drowning or something else unimaginably brutal and cruel.

The problem is then the state can just be like "oh, you did X so that makes you """crazy""" so you can't buy a gun". That's why people don't want "common sense" gun laws. I agree that crazies shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm though. I just don't know if theres a law that works to that end though.

The Brady Bill originally had a 5 day mandatory waiting period provision in it, but the Supreme Court struck it down as unconstitutional.

law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1478.ZO.html

Oh not selling her a gun wouldn't have fixed her crazy. She'd a done it anyways. Crazy bitch mothers do it all the time without a gun at all. So she'd have stabbed them all to death or used a plastic bag or drowned them in the tub, then set the house on fire, and then committing suicide. A gun is an efficient tool at doing all this, but there's tons of other ways easily available including poisoning dinner.

You can't fix crazy by instituting a 30 day gun wait.

and some mothers drive their car full of kids into the sea, do we ban cars?

you sound like an autismo

you can build one in 5 minutes for the cost of a decent lunch

WAITING PERIOD ON BATH TIME NAO

Then she would've waited the 10-30 days to shoot them, or simply used another method instead.
If she used another method, then emergency responders wouldn't have been called to the home because she would've killed the kids, the dog and herself unbeknownst to the neighbors.
In this case, the debate should not be about gun control, but rather, the trend of lone mothers committing family-related murder-suicides.
>why are these mothers always taking the lives of their children with them to the grave, but not their husband's? is it to spite the husband, or simply because they can only prey on those weaker than them?
>why do they always commit the act when there is no husband present? is this a consequence of single motherhood?
>why is men slaughtering their children not a trend like it is with women? should fathers be granted sole custody of the children, with mothers only being granted supervised visits due to this trend?
But nope, let's make it a gun control issue. She could've killed them with a pointy stick to the eye, and it would've worked just the same.

Damn. People hide their mental illness good. Oh well. When this Universe recycles itself, better luck next time for them.

F

>Women

If a mother is evil enough to kill her own children one day after buying a gun, do you really think and extra 9 days would make her change her mind?