Why is this region so developed?

Why is this region so developed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch–Portuguese_War
bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39900940
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"Developed"
It's full of shitskins and degenerates

I think French-German border is literally the most industrialised and developed region. They simply have big industrial firms. Northern Italy is pretty good too

I can see my town on that picture
:)

Meh, most industry is in West Germany and Belgium and The Netherlands have quite huge industrial area's harbors and airports close together what causes this image.

Isn't that because of the EU institutions? I thought Netherlands are more involved in finance, like the UK

Flanders and the Netherlands always where one of the most urbanized areas of western Europe.

geographically it's always been between 3 european superpowers. The UK, france and germony. It's basically a merchant whore country, only existing because it's been almost always allied with it's neighbours, with some attempts and invasion etc. the franks tried it once and got spanked, by they were fucking franks tho kek.
tl;dr a whore country

parts of it. alot of the big power/production/trade shift towards benelux happened between 1550-1672

become rich enough to have the biggest fleet in the world, then need an alliance of British empire, France and multiple German states in a combined attack to invade you, and still lose the naval fight.
That's the whore I aspire my country to be.

This region has one of the highest population density of Europe.

Because that's where the money drain of the EU is located.

Flat, fertile, strategic position with harbors and rivers

Water

the concentration of all those lights are right on river banks/sea

it looks more scarcely lit in other countries that are landlocked and with less rivers

This. During the Dutch Empire arc, Holland was the most developed place in the world. They dominated ocean trade and developed cutting edge financial systems. They basically invented the stock exchange, I believe. I'm not very familiar with their history, however.

They managed to break away from Spain and declare their independence and become a colonial empire despite their size and being wedged between much larger nations such as France, the UK, and the Holy Roman Empire that would've been more than happy to absorb them. I guess they were doing something right, then. It's a shame Belgium and the Netherlands are lost to shitskins.

this

It's where the Jews hide their gold, duh.

It's not ''developed''.

It's extremely overpopulated. I'm moving out to either rural Germany or France when I've got the money.

They simply do not switch off or dim the street lights at night even on the smallest of roads.

Ik mis mijn broer

we actually do this on all our highways

Trade and high-shelf jewry

The Dutch basically stole from the Portuguese their colonies.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch–Portuguese_War

>holy
>roman
>empire
Heh

Is that Dark Souls?

It's the delta of the Rhine. Rivers deltas are often highly populated and developed because they're usually flat, fertile, and an entry point for inland shipping. The more people live there the more manpower and brainpower you have the more developed the area becomes.

The Holy Roman Empire meme.
KEK

Not rural america, are u even trying?

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch–Portuguese_War
Interesting, thanks. I'll have to read more later when I'm off work.

The port of Europe, that's pretty much it.

AYY

>this thread
Success breeds jealousy

ehhhhh... nee.
gewoon nee

nah, the flanders area is a sea of light-poluted urban wasteland because we lacked any sort of urban planning for decades after the war. There is practically no open nature left, even in down where the peasants live.

The dutchies have more concentrated urban areas with large areas of nothing in between, that's why the light blobs are smaller over there.

whats the point of having street lights if you're going to dim them at night?

JAWEL KUT

nee, nooit.

Well now it's just a whore for Ahmad and Jamal.

jawel, gewoon effe je bek houwe

Familie vergeet niet de echte vijand, de eeuwige Walloon

Leer eerst Nederlands. Belgisch mestaat niet.

Bestaat*

I guess population density and centuries of a thriving merchant economy. They've come a long way from the old days when they peddled flowers and sad looking paintings.

Jongens zo kan-ie wel weer

I can't find mine. This map is so confusing. Where's Alabama?

>this is now flemish art thread

Get rekt nerd xD

>Why do cities form around harbours
Gee user idk. Maybe ask you history teacher on Monday.

We Dutchmen have the best engineers, obviously we would have the brightest lights.

That's a forrest fire

>shit dog
diden't know they had shit dogs back then

Those country were rich as fuck in the Middle Ages, Belgium in the beginning even more so. But in the Independence War against Spain after losing Antwerpen many educated people fled to the Netherlands and made Amsterdam the economic capital of Europe for several decades. Also many germans emigrated there in these times because it was so attractive.

Netherlands already had a urbanization rate of about 50% which was unheard of for a country in the 17th century.

EU shekels.

het Archetype Carmen en Xavier staan centraal in de vlaamse kunst

Is a CGI of another earth representation, everybody knows USA is the whole world

Looks like stars, as above so below.

Much of our growth was created when we were part of the Holy Roman Empire, but after 1648 the Netherlands were too powerful and left the HRE.

You do know that's just the money from the EU budget, right? You're forgetting the money that you're getting from the EU institutions set in your country, the fact that your country is pretty much EU central - much of the business conducted in the EU passes from your country and even into your country. That isn't mentioned in the EU budget.

Besides, you've been in the EU for what? 50-60 years? We've been in the EU for 10, so there's no real comparison to be made here.

Belgium wastes power on illuminating all of their roads all night

Sad?

Why is Northern Italy so developed? How can Nordcucks even compare?

Most of your art is in French, American and British museums. You should get it back.

we don't have forests...

fucking walloons, truly savages

Longobard DNA

Nothern Italy is indeed beautiful.

Why does North Korea have no lights?

> But in the Independence War against Spain after losing Antwerpen many educated people fled to the Netherlands
I cry evry time ;(

its been accounted for

POST YFW it's because there's no fucking green belt land.
Gotta build more houses for dem refugees lads.

Because we lit all the roadways

what is it about eastern europeans that make them total leeches?
>all these gibs
>still thirdworlders

LOL I love this separation between Flanders and Wallonia. Whites their own worst enemy

your picture contradicts you.
but besides the point, North korea is a leftist-greenist heaven. they shut down nearly all lights to preserve the nature.
likewise theydon't drive cars because of their co2 emission. I would really advise the green eco-friendly people of our society to visit them. I guarantee you you will stay

Gommunism.
They are far behind to the west, even former east controlled is pretty poor and underdeveloped compared to west Germany.

the jews arent allowed there.

lol

It's where the Kings and Queens who steal the wealth of Europe to live in luxury reside.

>Commie Walloon frogs
>White
Pick one amerifriend those people are literal gypsies.

Is this the European version of the Canadian leaf?

What its Switzerland?

well of course, at least you guys have the third one.

No, it's not. Luxembourg is also extremely small so it's not an accurate comparison. The point is much of the EU business passes through your country, not just the institutions (like it's with Luxembourg), and that's why you're paying so much money (which is relatively small to what you're receiving from the side).

Man, I would love to see how your country would fare in a forceful communism that literally killed anyone with a higher education than that of a pleb.

Only the king of Belgium lives in a huge mcMasion. The king of the Netherlands and the grandduke of Luxembourg live in humble houses.

no. more like... honduras. high murder rating, low development and everyone forgets about them

Clearly juche is working out very well for them

high levels of outbreeding. It increased IQ.

Same with the areas around it.

It's the reason why south England, northern France, north italy, Germany, and Benelux are responsible for the vast majority of European invention, despite being much, much less than 50% of the population.

Implying the business would just evaporate if the Netherlands would not be in the EU.

All Jews fled to Flanders.

/thread

northern italy especially. highest IQ in europe

No, but it would be hurt enough. Same as the UK - nobody is saying that they'll fall apart once they leave the UK (at least any sane person would know that), but much of their industry, especially the financial service (their prime source of wealth) would suffer. Now, that's not me advocating for the EU or anything as it has extraordinary number of problems, but economically wise it's good.

The political part of the union, as we all know, is absolute shit, but that's another thing entirely.

You do understand that it's not an actual photo, right?

Controleer mijn dubbeltjes

Multiple reports have already shown that The Netherlands leaving the eu would result in a saving of 20 billion euro's for the annual budget and a increase of 150 billion in the first year due to elevation of governmental restraints.

faggot. yea we killed millions of niggers so our king has massive castles, what of it?

This photo is misleading. Belgians are retarded and they have streetlights on all night on all of their roads.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39900940