So let's do it

So let's do it.

His staff hasn't entered damaged control yet, there's no "he didn't mean what he meant," there's no quotation marks, there's no takeback tweets, he just said he would testify under oath. What is your argument against it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton
youtube.com/watch?v=dLOhv-k6LZs
youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo
youtu.be/yYaCgfNxVP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's willing to testify because he knows he did nothing wrong.

It's easy for him to say that now, the issue imploded yesterday.

>the left will say "just testify under oath! Clear the air if you're innocent!"
>Trump testifies under oath
>the left immediately says "not only did he obstruct justice, he lied under oath!"

What's the point?

>What is your argument against it?
I don't have any. Sounds like a great idea to me.
One question though, what's to stop lump lying?
Please don't say the oath. It isn't a magical truth spell.

It's a smart thing for him to say because there's no real need for him to do it. He can just say it and then not mention it again. It makes him look innocent at no cost to himself.

I love how stupid this all makes the USA look.

>it's easy to say he's right when he's right

He's not going to testify.

Obviously. What does it matter? They cant force him to. He just wont mention it again.

First, lets find Dan Richman

That doesn't seem like a good idea.
They'll just redefine what obstruction is and then impeach him for lying.

I mean it matters to the media and every dumb fuck in the country. That's what's influencing this investigation is the "epic lulz".

And what is the media gonna do about it? Whine at Spicer? Why should he care?

I'm drooling at the thousands of Trump under oath.

Damage control right on cue

I mean it's going to turn into a bigger thing. I'm not saying its justified or anything, but it will. Trump isn't helping it go away.

My biggest concern is that Trump has a tendency to just say whatever's on his mind. That's good, that's what we all love about him, but it also makes me extremely concerned about his political enemies pulling a shake and bait to rile him up and trick him into denying some stupid, irrelevant, minor detail just so they can slap him with a perjury charge.

It wont turn into a bigger thing because Trump can just go slink back into the background and Spicer will just say "I haven't discussed that with the President" when asked.

Obstruction is a vague term.
He shouldn't testify about vague things because it gives them ground.
This is basic shit everyone should know when dealing with the law.
Only say what's necessary.
Anything else will be used against you.

The point is to catch him lying under oath. What's hard to understand here?

An innocent man doesnt run.

But who even cares about that.

The Clingons are going to jail. My only hope is they start splling the beans about who is behind them.

Trump can't go a single five minutes without lying about something or rambling. This would be hilarious.

The guy has MASSIVE MASSIVE big ol balls. MAGA

I'm talking about the special investigation by Mueller. It's basically a "let's find some dirt to impeach Trump" investigation. The more Trump says, the more they can build a narrative against him. The media is just throbbing at the prospect. Trump also likes the spotlight.

There's no reason to believe him. Believe it when you see Mueller going in there with his tape recorder.

Would be a very bad idea. He doesn't get to control the outcome. Why risk getting in to trouble?

Nigga look at him, he's fucking glowing.

Ask yourself truthfully: Do you really wanna fuck with that?

They could put Trumps hearing on pay-per-view.

Everyone else is so timid and respectful due to the potential implications. He'd have his feet up on the desk tweeting during the hearing.

>mfw in order for this to even happen he has to be impeached first
>mfw there are ZERO grounds for impeachment
>mfw leftists frantically scurrying to run damage control/angrily burying their heads in the sand so their fantasy world isn't affected

trump is clearly goading people into talking about this russian collusion and has been for a long time.
whats the sleight of hand for?
whats he actually doing that he doesnt want people to notice?
is it a noble play to focus on correcting the country?
is it the middle east stuff?
inquiring minds want to know

>The point is to catch him lying under oath
What do you think this will accomplish even if you do catch him lying?

Did anyone else see Trump take on the form of a Unicorn?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

how can he obstruct if comey himself said he wasnt under investigation?

Um...you just had the most idiotic election in the history of election Ahmed

Yes. Comey proved that much yesterday when he lied under oath

The concern is that if he commits perjury, no matter how small or trivial the detail, even if it's something he can just say he misremembered or misspoke about, the Democrats will throw everything they have at trying to get him impeached over it.

And yeah, it'll probably fail, but I'm nervous about taking the risk.

Trump is not under investigation tard, Comey said it himself multiple times. The special investigation is on Russian influence in the election, Trump has nothing to do with it.

>is it a noble play to focus on correcting the country?

What part of MAGA do you faggots not understand?

gains nothing
potentially loses
and most importantly of all im FUCKING BORED OF THIS VAPID MANUFACTURED CONSPIRACY THEORY

Wow. A politician that lies. Never thought that would ever happen.

He's not gonna do it dude. He's just talking shit because he knows no one can force him to testify.

do you own a TV?
The MSM has been pushing the Russia narrative non stop since Hillary first brought it up
It is almost like they are all following the same script and taking orders from the DNC but we know THAT could never happen
(wikileaks)

Kek, Bill actually did something wrong. You really think le blumpft is going to jail for misremembering whether Flynn said hi or hello? deluded bastards

Correct. Mueller has effectively been appointed to overthrow him. And the scary part is that he is good at his job.

LOL look at this deranged jew pedophile pervert holy shit this guy is disgusting
youtube.com/watch?v=dLOhv-k6LZs

I'm starting to think he's just trolling on some ridiculous level.

He clearly gives no fucks about anything. He lived his whole life as a billionaire fucking supermodels in towers with his name on them and now he's president at 70 something years old. He's unequivocally won at life no matter what happens from this point on.

Yeah, he's not currently under investigation. Mueller is a partisan establishment type that is looking for a way to turn it into a Trump investigation. He just hired a lawyer today to specifically look into obstruction of justice charges.

There's another Congressional Russian investigation which Comey mainly referred to. Trump has nothing to do with the Congressional investigation. The Mueller investigation is going to go much broader than that.

As Limbaugh says, the DNC is an arm of the media.

No argument against it. It'd just be icing on the cake since the Left's entire narrative was a great big nothing burger.

yea he seems to finally be treating the press with the mocking disdain they deserve
i was losing my mind in his first 100 days when he seemed to actually take them seriously and try to appease them

Mueller & Comey are BFF's.
But Comey's testimony had a major lie involved in it with the leaking story timeline. He lied about the timeline and when he leaked. Not that Mueller gives a shit.

I read somewhere that the SCOTUS might get involved eventually with what constitutes "obstruction of justice." And RBG would probably have to recuse herself from the decision with her prior remarks.

My argument is that the information available to those not involved with the investigation is insufficient to establish a case. However, I acknowledge that what we know could help establish a construction theory should the investigation yield evidence sufficient to establish the requisite intent.

Obstruction is a specific intent crime, which are the most difficult charges to construct due to needing to prove the defendant intended to commit the alleged crime.

Every single member of the Republican establishment is saying Trump did not commit obstruction. You realize to charge a president he must be impeached right? To go even further, even if Democrats retake the House in 2018 (they wont) they have zero chance to retake the senate. There is absolutely no chance Trump is impeached and thus he can not be charged with any crime.

everyday i wake up thinking about this dumbass having the nuclear codes

every night i go to sleep thinking about this dumbass having the nuclear codes

you get terrorist attacks every other week and let ISIS fighters live in your country, go sit in a corner and think about that, also your food sucks.

The goal is to try him in the eye of the public and not in the courts or in front of a committee.

If nothing else this thread proves how much trouble Trump is in.

Even here in the heart of his "base" it's impossible for Trump diehards to come to any sort of consensus. Sure you all agree that he's THE GOD EMPEROR but you're fractured on what he's even right about.

That's the role of the Mueller investigation. To find cause. Look up Mueller's career. He was chosen for that.

If Trump's approval ratings keep dropping and it affects midterms then expect the establishment GOP to turn on him. The GOP would happily work with a President Pence over a weakened wildcard like Trump.

Exactly FPBP
What would he even be asked to testify about? These people are fucking retarded. No logical center in these brains Ask them to even cite what laws are there accusations were broken they have no answers

Easiest way to get this settled is to do it under oath. Just make sure he doesn't get tricked by any questions, and we're set.

This is how real life works dipshit. People talk their way to consensus through rational discussion. we dont get our opinions on things fucking notified straight to our phones every time there's a new talking point to adjust

you are pathetic

I'd rather we look stupid than dead, like your women and girls on your streets and concerts that you're unwilling to take a stand for.

muellar just let his star witness and only witness to "obstruction" go on national tv and perjure himself, if there was any case there comey would've never been on tv, period. why give the opposite side a preview of his testimony and ways to entrap him? but then again im beginning to realize there are a lot of morons in government, like james comey is supposed to be this great lawyer, he is really a giant awkward man baby.

I don't think he ever imagined he would actually win the election. The things he says and does appears to be the actions of a man toying with people for fun.

>"hey Mad dog, what's the biggest non nuclear bomb we have?
>"The Massive Ordinance Air Blast bomb but there's really no practical use for..."
>"load that bitch up and drop it on the first pack of sand monkeys you see. Message me a stream link on twitter."

>consensus

Ok let me know when this happens.

Nobody said there was an argument against it. If he says he would testify under oath let him. What is your point you fucking faggot?

the millwall guy stood up for them, but the rest of the british populus hid under a table from 3 guys with knives.

I think people are putting too much into the Comey thing. There's nothing there to make a case. I don't think Mueller is going that direction.

It's unlikely he would contradict Comey's account of events.
It's more likely he'd insist that "suggesting" Comey drop the Flynn investigation somehow isn't the same as asking him to do so.

Why doesn't he address the nation and tells the opposition to cut the crap?

They're making him waste his mandate defending his presidency.

>>the left will say "just testify under oath! Clear the air if you're innocent!"

He's testified under oath multiple times and nothing sticks. We call him Teflon Don around these parts. Or did you think that sworn testimonies make him nervous?

Because he loves the attention.

>trump is clearly goading people into talking about this russian collusion and has been for a long time.
whats the sleight of hand for?

It's a cloud of hydrogen hot air and he's waiting for it to explode and take out his enemies.

He's an accelerationist if nothing else can be said about him. I approve.

Trump's approval ratings are fine.

Every night I go to bed, thinking about how some fuckwad in Argentina is worried about Trump having the nuclear codes, and my grin gets a little bigger, and I say to myself "Feels good man!"

He looks like a fucking muppet in this picture.

I mean, they're not, but that shouldn't even be a debate. He pretty much just has his base that's supporting him right now.

youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo TOP KEK

Actually, he IS now currently under investigation as a result of the "obstruction of justice" claim. There's a) a congressional investigation, and b) the investigation by Mueller. They absolutely are investigating to see if what Trump did comes to obstruction.

>My biggest concern is that Trump has a tendency to just say whatever's on his mind. That's good, that's what we all love about him,
First off, lots of us don't love him.
Secondly, most republicans HATE his lack of self-editing.
And you should too. It's not just that he says things that hurt the conservative cause and his own administration, but it also shows how incredibly immature he is.

>Who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath?
What did he mean by this? Nobody ever accused him of trying make make Comey pledge allegiance under oath...

If he says ANYTHING wrong under oath, contradicts himself, embellishes, elaborates falsely, or anything under oath it's perjury and he gets impeached.

They haven't publicly said that. I'm sure Mueller is preparing a case, but officially there is no actual obstruction of justice investigation...yet.

You think they wouldn't found some dirt already if it existed? Bro, the Obama admin was literally bugging Trump for a year and they found nothing. They had top paid investigators looking over all available information and they found absolutely nothingburger.

Um no, sweetie.

weve never had a consensus on anything you dumb faggot
first time here?
it will be strange to you to view people that arent just indoctrinated commies spouting uniform opinions and getting shouted down by dumn niggers if they disagree with anything

A lot of people have an interest in getting rid of Trump. The Mueller investigation is like a month old. It hasn't even gotten kicked into high gear yet.

You actual retards still cant even say what the line of questioning would concern?

He's not going to go in and let a bunch of washed up deep state assholes ask ridiculous, frankly childish questions, about fictitious Russian myths
>Dems literally think someone is going to get to grill POTUS with questions like
>Did you work with the russians
>Who are your contacts in the kremlin
>Where are the tapes sir
You people need to SERIOUSLY get a fucking life

This is what makes me laugh the most
US politics has descended to the point where they are just shouting 'liar' at each other.
Brilliant. You kikes deserve it.

Went into hiding under the sea

My fear is, If Trump testify to them under oath, and Comey has not provided all the details yet, and Trump says 'didn't happen' under oath. I fear that Comey has laid a trap, knowing if Trump says that under oath, he has perjured himself, thus the foundation for impeachment has been set.

I hope he says no to testifying under oath.

Comey is smart as fuck, dont deny that. Go watch his testify in 2007 about the surveillance and the AG at the hospital-situation. and he's a good friend with Muller. The entire thing yesterday was a trap for trump. They know trump rages and goes off-script when he gets angry, and comey dud just that yesterday and trump fell for it today.

>weve never had a consensus on anything you dumb faggot
dont know about that dumb faggot but ive been here long enough to know this is what you pieces of shit always say "he thinks Sup Forums is one person". yet there definitely is a consensus and you lying doesnt change that. go suck russian dick traitor

Purgery in 3...2...1...

the investigation is utterly hilarious once you recognize mueller has much less access to information than obama and his corrupt faggots with absolutely no limitations and no respect for the law or our nation

youtu.be/yYaCgfNxVP0